Globe @ YVR - Fairmont Vancouver Airport
3111 Grant McConachie Way
Richmond, BC V7B 0A6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Globe @ YVR - Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/vancouverairport/GuestServices/Restaurants/Globeyvr.htm
- Phone: (604) 248-3281
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Afternoon Tea: 2:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Karan Suri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact hotel for more details
- Private Party Facilities: Globe@YVR is not available for buy-outs, however The Fairmont Vancouver Airport has over 8700 square feet of meeting space including 16 meeting rooms – all with natural light – and suitable for any occasion. They can accommodate a wide variety groups from 4-200 people.
- Private Party Contact: 604-248-3281 604-207-5200x
- Cross Street: Vancouver International Airport
- Public Transit: Canada Line at YVR terminus stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We validate parking for dinner guests dining in our outlets after 6:00 p.m. for parking in level P2 or P3 or in the economy lot. Please bring in your parking voucher for validation.
Valet parking is also available.
A word from Globe @ YVR - Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Globe@YVR is The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel’s award-winning, signature restaurant. Globe@YVR is the only fine-dining restaurant in Richmond to specialize in Pacific Northwest Cuisine and the Ocean Wise Program. Expect a contemporary and inviting restaurant amongst spectacular panoramic views of Vancouver's North Shore Mountains and busy airport activity through floor-to-ceiling windows. Globe@YVR is not only popular for air travelers passing through but because of it’s convenient location, it is also becoming a sought after dining experience for travellers arriving on the new Canada Line Skytrain. Globe@YVR’s wine list is extensive, offering a wide selection from around the world including many popular labels from British Columbia’s own Okanagan valley. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner and experience meals that are carefully prepared with the finest attention to detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Globe @ YVR - Fairmont Vancouver Airport - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Globe @ YVR - Fairmont Vancouver Airport reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ExcellentAnnickVIPDined on 10/20/2014Had a layover of several hours at YVR so treated myself to the wonderful "Globe" restaurant. Just superb in every way and always a delight to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendVictoriaDined on 10/18/2014The Lounge at The Globe was delightful. The service outstanding. Surroundings are relaxed and sophisticated.met our daughter for lunch as she was travelling through. We spent the most pleasant 4 hours,enjoying the food and relaxed and thoughtful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday brunchLike2brunchDined on 9/21/2014Went there for brunch. For the price the food was not worth it. There were not any non-meat options. The chef served fried eggs on a dirty plate! The website did not state that there was no menu option for breakfast. I was clearly under the impression that I was going to brunch as it was Sunday at Fairmont when I made the reservation.! I guess each hotel is different.
- Another Great Experience!!Giovanni1Dined on 9/20/2014This will have been my third time at the Globe and it was amazing! Every aspect of the restaurant was truly five stars! The menu itself is not overly big but everything on there is excellent. I have told many people about this local find and to try it out, that they would not be disappointed. The staff were all amazing, and could't do enough for you. I will gladly come back time after time, to enjoy a wonderful dining experience at the Globe @ YVR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view great atmosphereDoodieDined on 9/3/2014Food was great. View of airport and parts of vancouver interesting. Wine selection was good. Staff attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Overpriced!!katiedeeDined on 8/22/2014Booked a table so that my 21 and 14 year old daughters and I could have a nice dinner before picking up my husband at YVR. We travel and eat out a lot and love good food. The Globe is apparently award winning but I'm not sure why. We dressed nicely and found the atmosphere super casual - kids watching videos at other tables, diners wearing running shoes etc... My daughters' meals were just ok but my vegan lasagna and side salad seemed to have been burned under a heat lamp. The portions were very small and the meal was way to expensive for the poor quality food. Dinner for the three of us, including only a 1/2 litre of wine and tip, was almost 300$. I would not eat here again.
- The following 155 reviews are from the Globe @ YVR - Fairmont Vancouver Airport reviews archive.
- ExcellentAnnickVIPDined on 7/25/2014By far, the best airport restaurant on earth! Superb. However, I was disappointed that the lobster bisque was not on the menu anymore. Both food and service are excellent as usual. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Globe@YVR gave us a fabulous anniversary dinner (even taking into account my gluten and dairy free requirements), wonderful service, and a special tribute..... it was a very lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceAwesomeDined on 6/27/2014Had a very enjoyable evening with my wife. The salmon was perfect as was the short ribs my wife ordered but no dining experience is complete without friendly, helpful staff and your staff were top notch...thank you very much and we'll be there again and will recommend Globe@YVR to friends and family....Wes Fung.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon teaTeahouse1Dined on 6/25/2014Less than you would want or expect. Overpriced considering the lack of attentiveness and overall lack of charm and high noise level. Not where you want to go for afternoon tea experience. The service is pleasant and quick and again not what you would like for an afternoon tea experience. Probably a great place for a breakfast , lunch or dinner.
- Afternoon tea with the planesannniieeVIPDined on 6/22/2014Atmosphere was one of fine dining, food quality was that of a Starbucks - sandwiches, scones and desserts all mediocre. Good service - prompt, friendly. Had a voucher otherwise would not have paid that much for tea. Fun way to catch up with friends/family on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairmont - Afternoon TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014Very good service. Tea service was as expected. Not very crowded but far from parking area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back if food improvedGomuiDined on 5/26/2014Very nice ambience with view of the runway. Good for lazy afternoons or business lunch. Plenty of parking and easy to find. Compared to Hotel Vancouver, food was very disappointed. They need to step Up their game. Got a 2 for 1 coupon at the end but not planning to use it unless food is improved.Special Features:
- the most serene airport restaurantFoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014The signature YVR salad is a must have, with real crab meat and salmon. Refreshing with soba noodles and salad mix. Nice view to see the planes, but absolute noise reduction. Service from hostess to server was excellent and attentive. Would recommend to anyone who would like to relax & escape from the busy intense airport downstairs.Special Features:
- Mostly great!DisappointedDined on 5/11/2014Food and service were second to none. However, we specifically requested a window which we did not get. VERY DISAPPOINTING>Special Features:
- PoorGetInMyBellyDined on 5/10/2014Decided to come for Mother's Day. The food was decent at best, but it's difficult to mess up bacon and eggs. I searched for brunch and this came up, however, it was only breakfast. Servers were rude and unfriendly. Children under 5yrs were free, but they charged my 10 month old as a "child", and my 3yr old as a full priced adult. Nice try! Will not be coming back here.Special Features:
- Very niceAnnickVIPDined on 4/12/2014Quality ingredients (fresh and nicely presented), outstanding service. Not cheap but worth the price.Special Features:
- Afternoon Teaby9446Dined on 4/5/2014I took my wife and daughter to the Fairmont for afternoon tea while I had a turkey club with a latte. Who would've thought of going to the Fairmont for a meal? The view of the runaway is spectacular even in the rain. I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer. Service was impeccable......what you would expect from the Fairmont brand. I would highly recommend this gem to everyone!! I'm planning on coming back to see what the view is like in the evening as well as on a sunny day. ...............you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but expensiveRyanDined on 4/5/2014We went this restaurant in Vancouver Airport for afternoon tea. First of all, this restaurant has great view of the airport, people can see airplanes taking off or landing while dining. Good service and their food is delicious. However, it is definitely not worth that price for couple of tinny little deserts. Although they offer us "2 for 1" coupon for next visit, and that would be acceptable and affordable price for afternoon tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reflex and rechargeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2014Free parking offer from Globe, so you park on P3 and need to walk to the US departure direction. Hotel is being updated lately and very bright and inviting. More oriental tea selection, but high tea is from British culture, so it should have more western taste than meeting the East. Food was not bad and quite standard on height tea. The chair was big and comfortable. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairmont Downtown Betterluv2eatVIPDined on 3/16/2014Food was so so. Hightea @ Fairmont Pacific Rim much better.
- A nice afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014A nice afternoon tea while you are YVR airport. Good that we had 2 for 1 price discount otherwise it wouldn't be worth your money. To compare with other Fairmont afternoon tea this one is probably the lowest in rank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the $$604foodyDined on 3/1/2014Food was only mediocre... service was bad, waiter didn't even give us bread until we asked. Only good thing was the convenience of being at the airport as we had to send off a friend on a 10pm flight.
- airport relaxationstavrosDined on 2/23/2014Great place to meet friends or family in transit at YVR. Beats the food court hands down. Had a nice brunch with family while waiting for daughter to board plane. Buffet was good with custom omelete bar and variety of salads, smoked salmon, cereals, etc Had to wait for eggs benny to be refreshed. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- PaellallcoolzDined on 2/15/2014Upscale and energetic with excellent service. The food was very good but portions on the small size. The paella was quite good but not anything like traditional paella. Salad was not anything special. Apple tart and sticky toffee pudding for dessert were both deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines ruinedluv2eatDined on 2/14/2014We waited to be seated. Finally half n hour past our reservations they seated us we ordered drinks and they took 25 mins for drinks Took over 20 mins to get another drink. Order food and that took over 1 hour. Food was ok. Better off goin to the keg . The food was ok..i will not being dining here ever againSpecial Features:
- Overall, afternoon tea wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Overall, afternoon tea was a pleasant outing. Congenial staff but not about while we waited for the cheque. Roast beef sandwich had dry bread and the smoked salmon was too fishy to eat. Server fixed these problems with extra sandwiches of a different kind and remade roast beef sandwich. Kidos to her! Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Surprise !GAL1Dined on 1/25/2014This was a last minutes decision; we booked a 7:00pm table around 4:30pm that day ! How cool is that ... during Dine Out ! The service was great (friendly/professional staff), the food superb and the ambience ... exactly what we were looking for ! The restaurant is quite spacious so, even though most tables were occupied, it still felt comfortable, not crowded. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is a great one (a choice of 3 entrees, something for everyone !) and parking is free !Special Features:
- Food was so-so, service was no-nomssyrupDined on 1/25/2014I had high expectations when I decided to give this place a try. For $38, the menu was similar to that of Cactus Club (for $28), but the quality was not justified by its price. The food also took 1.5 hour to be served. Having had wonderful experiences at other Fairmont locations, I was very disappointed with what happened at Globe. The dining hall wasn't full, but somehow it was very hard to get any sort of service. We had to wave down servers like mad people just to get a refill of water. Bottom line is, I would not go back there again.Special Features:
- bit pricey for atmospherewowfactorDined on 1/23/2014Odd location, not much differ from airport cafeteria. though outstanding food and services. dine out menu was good. Chowder was good, but had better with Forage & YEW.
- Good value and Good food!DpeachesDined on 1/21/2014The view, the service and the food were all great! Everything was really spot on and our server was very efficient. The ambiance with the planes coming and going and the runway all lit up was excellent! They even validated our parking so really no complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. We had a party of 4 and every meal was delicious! Waiter very attentive but not pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality in all aspectsdocsedDined on 1/14/2014A very special place to have dinner - ambience, food and service are notable. Well worth the cast of dining out here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Day lunchfirstdayof2014Dined on 1/1/2014Excellent meal. Lovely view of planes coming and going. Would be nice to have been seat right at the window with the three of us though. Perhaps one or two table areas set aside for more than two patrons by the window? Thank you for the lovely way to start the new year! Am looking forward to trying your afternoon tea experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho-hum Christmas brunchpxekatDined on 12/25/2013It cost $80 per person for a run-of-the-mill ho-hum boring Christmas brunch buffet at the YVR Airport Fairmount. The view was fabulous and the ambience pleasant, but for $75 per person, I can get a five-course tasting menu at The Pear Tree that is so wonderful it will make you weep in ecstasy. Okay, so I didn't expect out-of-this-world gourmet food from a hotel, even the Fairmount. In fact, I should have realized it would be overpriced for standard buffet fare having had a similar experience at The Herons restaurant in downtown Vancouver. That meal, though, only cost me $35 per person. I expected at least something a bit more special and elegant for the $80. They should, at a minimum, include at least one alcoholic beverage.Special Features:
- Very good serviceScwearDined on 12/24/2013Service was very good. Every member of the restaurant staff made us feel very welcome. Each one came by to see that we had everything we needed. The food was good. The overall experience made up for the limited selection of food. It was a very enjoyable Christmas Eve dinner. I would suggest they expand on the seafood station and perhaps increase the selection on the hot dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as we wished.ReddDined on 11/30/2013Perfect for the occasion, any one that is, well done folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!MichelleG1982Dined on 11/29/2013Went to Globe for the 2nd time for a small work dinner. Honestly the only thing that I can say as a "negative", was we waited a bit for a hostess to come seat us, but that didn't even matter...our server was amazing, I wish I had gotten her name as she deserves recognition for her job! She was so helpful from choosing the wine, offering tastings, and helping pair with dinner...the whole nine she was great! She was probably in her mid 30s, greyish/brown glasses, fairly tall, thin and a great smile...if that helps please give her a pat on the back for me!! We were a party of 5 in on Friday November 29 8:15pm reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant wait to go backPGcoupleDined on 11/25/2013The staff are excellent and go out of their way to offer excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special experienceJackVIPDined on 11/23/2013The restaurant offers unique experience with views of ramps and apron of yvr . The service is excellent and the atmosphere nice and comfortable . The lamb I had was a little too salty. But overall it was a delightful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.