Global Restaurant, Bar & Lounge
3520 Toringdon Way
Charlotte, NC 28277Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Global Restaurant, Bar & Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.global-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 704-248-0866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Bernard Brunet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Global hosts private functions for business or for pleasure.
- Private Party Contact: Bernard (Chef/Owner) 7042480866
- Special Events: Go to our web site then click on "special events".
Wine Tasting or Wine Dinner every last Wednesday of each month.
A word from Global Restaurant, Bar & Lounge
Welcome to Global. Our Menu is designed & influenced by Chef Bernard and his wife Shannon, owners of the restaurant. An eclectic flair & appealing flavors brought back to the Carolinas after traveling the world together. Experience our cosmopolitan cuisine & wine list.Continued
"Sail away with us"
"Sail away with us"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Global Restaurant, Bar & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Ballantyne ›
Global Restaurant, Bar & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (32)special occasion (26)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (12)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- WonderfulfoodseekerDined on 9/6/2014We were amazed by the apps. And the amazement didn't stop there. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- WOW, WHAT A GREAT RESTAURANT!ThauserVIPDined on 9/6/2014FANTASTIC FOOD, FANTASTIC SERVICE, I WISH THERE WERE MORE RESTAURANTS IN CHARLOTTE JUST LIKE THIS ONE! WE CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew !!Sweet10Dined on 8/23/2014Loved Global restaurant! Food was delicious and the wine list was great! Staff couldn't have been nicer! Will definitely go back it's a must try if you haven't been!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We were very surprised by how great the meal was. This places is pretty tucked away, but it's very much worth the trip. We will be coming back for sure - one of the better meals we've had in Charlotte.Special Features:
- solid food, surprising wine picOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent. Specials of osso bucco and tuna tartar. L'Ecole 41 Syrah was nice.... pretty rare to see this on the wine menu. First time here- the building/facility does not fit the restaurant. Waiter was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Good experience in all regards. This is a hidden gem, tucked away at the back of the Torringdon office park. The food is really excellent.Special Features:
- Lovely FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014It may not look like much from the outside, but check it out! It is a quiet and nice romantic spot. The waiters did not rush us out, so my husband and I had a nice and leisurely dinner. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent dining and servicealanDined on 8/13/2014this is a great restaurant with great food. It is a little pricey especially the wine list. the menu is somewhat limited but everything is original. But its tucked out of the way from everything else and a very nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Service was great. The chef and his wife are actively involved and they do a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible FindDufferDined on 8/8/2014Everything from the bread, to the appetizers, to the She Crab soup, to the entrees and dessert were incredible. The service was excellent - Brian was very attentive. Chef Bernard came to our table, which was great to see the owner cares enough to spend 2-3 minutes with each table. We are coming back this week- this will be one of go to restaurants. Highly recommend Global to anyone who likes great food at fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicegators2momDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here before and the food is always superb. The waiter was nice and stopped several times to see how we were enjoying our entrees but never asked about refreshing our beverages. We were the first ones to arrive for the evening and it was not that busy when we left. At one point I had to flag him down to refresh our drinks. He was very nice, we were just surprised he did not notice or ask himself. We have recommended this restaurant to friends and they enjoy it also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkJennieDined on 8/1/2014Service was okay and the food was not that great. Very okay. Probably won't be back
- Worth a visitMWGWDined on 7/25/2014Great experience during Charlotte Restaurant Week. Many choices on the menu, well executed. Special $30 selected wine list - we tried a white wine and a Malbec and both were excellent. Very enthusiastic waiter. Small room on one side of the restaurant, ideal for a small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodCltFoodieDined on 7/23/2014Though you have to wiggle around to get to it before you can even see it, this restaurant is in the heart of everything. The service is outstanding and the food is worthy of stop by the heftiest food critics. The food is beautifully presented as well, a 5 star there. It is a smaller restaurant, which makes it intimate for a romantic date, but it's straight forward enough for a large group of friends to feel at home. I'll definitely be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!!!!tingDined on 7/23/2014One of the best culinary experiences ever! The physical space doesn't quite match up to the excellence of the food served there and the amazing quality of staff! It's in an office park and could easily be overlooked - but DON'T!!! It's well worth it!!!! It's a MUST GO restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Unique combinations that tasted grtH2OSkierDined on 7/23/2014If you are looking for the standard fare, and basic, Global probably isn't a great fit. But if you like trying different things, not scary, just different ingredients put together well, Global is worth the visit. My second visit. Outside area is sleepy & quiet, especially at night with the office buildings around it, but inside is cozy. Recommend a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceGilsnerDined on 7/22/2014Warmly greeted upon arrival and promptly seated. Knowledgable wait staff. Food deliciously prepared and elegantly presented. I highly recommend this small gem of a restaurant for anyone interested in fine diningSpecial Features:
- Great resturant highly recommendedZeena5Dined on 7/21/2014Love the food friendly atmosphere. I really love that the chef/owner stop at our table to see how we were. Food was excellent abundance of taste. Desserts to die for, coffee smooth and great.. Omg great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic with a twistwant2bfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Global was great! The decor was trendy and comfortable, the service was attentive and friendly, they made you feel like they were really trying. The food was amazing, they took cuisine you are familiar with and just gave it special attention with detail to flavor and presentation. So you felt like wow this is new and yet you didn't have that feeling of but what is ?? that?? You knew it you just haven't tasted it that way. Global is great for a date night, comfy for a party of 4 or less but the space really does feel intimate so not so much of a group vibe or bar scene. I recommend Global, its a great find for the Ballantyne area. I will go Global again!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Highly recommend this place. Food and service was excellent !! She Crab Soup was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Have a very specific diet and they were very kind to assist my accommodations. Food was delicious. Foodie find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Global was a great find!!WimflashDined on 6/13/2014This restaurant was recommended by friends and what a find! This will be one of our "go-to" places especially when we have friends visiting from out of town. The selections that Chef Bernard and his wife Shannon have put together were different and most delicious! For appetizers we chose the Pork Belly and their specialty "Ooh La La Shrimp" to share. Great! In our group of four we had the Pork Cheeks, Sea Bass, Strip Steak and the summer Tilefish special with watermelon and cucumber for entrees. The side of Mac n Cheese w/Bacon was unbelievable! For dessert we shared Crème Brule and Chocolate Mousse. Everything was magnificent! Perfect portions and with the great menu we were able to order different things and share tastes of each.Special Features:
- Great little restaurantMTerezaDined on 6/11/2014We went for our anniversary. We really enjoyed the place, it's a little restaurant but the food was excellent!! We also got a "treat" for our anniversary (2 glasses of champagne)... the desert was ok, not "wow" as the main courses. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and would be back in a future opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like2tryDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant was clean. Loved the colors of gold and blue. Waitstaff were very knowledgeable about wine list and food items. Very friendly and professional. The shrimp appetizer and She Crab soup was delicious. Loved the fresh bread. Entrees were delicious and oh so fresh! Will definitely select the Nougat Glace again for dessert! My husband and I had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful discoveryTallTalesVIPDined on 5/31/2014Three couples attending a conference were looking for something good outside our hotel. The room is small but lovely, staff knowledgable and welcoming and the food was terrific. Chef/owner makes it interesting. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningMilkyWayDined on 5/20/2014One of our favorite places to eat in Charlotte. Chef Bernard has done an outstanding job on the entire menu! The entire staff is outstanding as well. We have been here often and never had a bad experience. Highly recommend Global which is definitely a hidden gem in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 281 reviews are from the Global Restaurant, Bar & Lounge reviews archive.
- Fun eveningNC4NOWDined on 5/3/2014Global is a great local gem. I normally head to south park when I'm looking for a great meal. No need with Global practicallly in my backyard. I had the she crab soup and as always it did not disappoint. Best I've ever tasted. Our friends and my hubby had the Mahi- Mahi special. Everyone enjoyed it. I asked for a lite salad with protein for my entree and the only disappointment was the shrimp was a bit chewy. But great salad. Anyway, our friends loved the meal and experience as first time diners and they said they will be back too!Special Features:
- Always ConsistentDennisVIPDined on 5/1/2014Another excellent dinner. Beef tartare to begin, followed by monkfish and brisket surf-and-turf. Both excellent. My wife's salad and mahi-mahi both were very good. Once again, Bernard (or whoever was in the kitchen when we dined) did a fine job.
- GoBlackhawksVIPDined on 4/30/2014Might be the best restaurant in south Charlotte if you can find it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!bflydogDined on 4/18/2014The food and service were outstanding! Our starter choices of the Berkshire Pork Belly and She Crab soup were both wonderful! For our entrees, we had Butternut Squash Raviolis and the Roasted Pork Loin with Polenta, both great! We there for an early dinner and on a rainy day, so can't comment on the bar aspect or noise level, it was quiet with pleasing low key music. Nice they the chef/owner stopped by out table, too! My only other comment is that the menu was a bit different than the one posted on line...otherwise, perfect!Special Features:
- What a Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/14/2014I was trying to find a spot in the Ballentyne area (which seems to be full of chains and void of quality restaurants) to take a group of business associates. A friend recommended Global and I gave it a shot. They seated us in their wine room. Chef Bernard (owner and chef) was incredibly accommodating and entertaining and the food was AMAZING. Don't miss the appetizer tower. I'm a big foodie and this place is as good as I've had in Charlotte or most anywhere for that matter. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- Great DinnerGlobalDined on 4/8/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner. I loved the menu options which made it extremely difficult to make a decision for my meal. I had the Sea Bass and my wife the Pork Tenderloin. We were both very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from the time younightoutDined on 4/7/2014Excellent from the time you walk in until you leave. Truly a special restaurant that you it is worth you finding itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie heavenAshlandianDined on 4/7/2014Global is Foodie Heaven. All of the menu selections are crafted with care and a great deal of expertise. I believe that they try to use local food as much as possible. If I needed to impress someone, if I needed to be sure that the dinner was good or if I just needed a really good meal, I would choose Global.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouslikesgoodfoodDined on 3/29/2014Pork appetizer was excellent, as was the fish entree. Waiter was attentive without hovering and very knowledgable about menu and wine. Bartender mixed tasty drinks. Nutty dessert and port were yummy. The chef came out to check on our meal. Small but cozy place in an unexpected location-an office park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentfoodiebuckeyeDined on 2/22/2014Global is in an unassuming location, embedded in an office park. However, while it is largely unknown it is in fact excellent. The chef always visits your table to check on the food - which is always amazing! I am a vegetarian and he always accommodates. Meanwhile my husband was trained in the culinary arts and is a bit of a foodie as a result so I know if he raves it is really something else. Go and try this wonderful little restaurant, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Quiet Elegant DiningPennyDined on 2/22/2014We went with 8 people and were so lucky to be seated in a separate room by ourselves, although the enter restaurant is quiet with plenty of space between tables. This is a rare find- a restaurant where you can truly enjoy the food and the people you are sharing it with. The food is always well crafted- no two sauces or sides the same and always perfectly cooked. The menu is small but with good variety to tempt all diners. One of my favorite special night places in CharlotteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!NightOutForMommyDined on 2/21/2014We went to Global for a belated Valentine's Day celebration and had a wonderful time. The food was top notch and the service was wonderful. This is a restaurant that is completely worth seeking out--it totally tops many more well known restaurants we've been to in town in trendier locations. We look forward to coming back--it has definitely been added to our list of special occasion go-to restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drool.fredlyDined on 2/21/2014The food will make you drool on yourself. The combinations in the dished were carefully thought out and superbly executed. If you live in Charlotte, you owe it to yourself to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in close quartersArtnpopDined on 2/15/2014The dining room is very small and were we seated at a table in the middle of the room next to several other tables . It was uncomfortable. The food was overpriced for what we received and the service was slow. We will not be back and definitely would not recommend.