2603-151 Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27608Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glenwoodgrill.net/
- Phone: (919) 782-3102
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: John Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant is available on Sundays for any type of private parties. Please call between 2:00 and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday for details.
- Private Party Contact: John Wright 9197823102x
A word from Glenwood Grill
Glenwood Grill has been a Triangle favorite for 24 years. A popular neighborhood restaurant that serves Chef John Wright's innovative dishes in a classy yet comfortable atmosphere. Winner of Metro Magazine's "Best Power Lunch".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Glenwood Grill - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Glenwood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- First time won't be lastDeeRexDined on 11/22/2014We wanted to go to dinner somewhere new and opted for Glenwood Grill. Wow! This place was amazing. Everything tasted fantastic-- the drinks, the wedge and pork belly, the braised ribs and seafood & grits, and the desert. We will most definitely be back. The bartender (I think his name was Chad) definitely makes it. Not only was he great for service, he was also was personable and friendly. He knew so many people that come through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud for my TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food and choices were "to die for" and the prices reasonable. The waitress was quite helpful with my selections and was glad to let me know that menus could be adjusted for my particular tastes.....very accommodating....which was nice. What I find annoying is the noise level as I am older and have a hearing defect(inherited) in my left ear which makes conversations somewhat difficult. I try to adjust with having my date sit to my right but find the noise level still overbearing at times. At first when I went in (before the place became full), I could hear some light music. But, that nice background music easily became overpowered with the various restaurant noises......rather detracting from an otherwise elegant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was greatOutoftownDined on 11/17/2014Had a business lunch there, and it was great. I had the fried green tomato & pimento cheese sandwich and it was terrific. Have been here for dinner in the past, and they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good Service!CvbnurseDined on 11/11/2014Menu gave a good variety of options. We chose the CrabCakes and they were delicious. The wine pour was generous, the service was very good and we were very pleased overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!houseelfDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful evening! We were a party of 4 with an 8:30 reservation. We were seated immediately but next to a large, very loud party. We asked the host if we could move and he was outstanding. Very kind and gracious. Was able to move us without hesitation. Server was a pleasure and very accommodating (one of our party was a bit late and we have a number of food allergies in our group). Food was amazing. We were the last table but were in no way rushed (bar was still busy). My son recently moved to Cary (and had already discovered the Grill) so you can be sure this will be my go to restaurant on future visits.Special Features:
- Nice for a business lunchBizmtgVIPDined on 11/6/2014This was a great spot to meet for a business lunch. The ambience was appropriate for a professional setting. While it was a little noisy we had a great discussion. Service was discreet and food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!yumoDined on 11/5/2014Wanted to try a new restaurant venue while meeting another couple. Everyone ordered a different entree from the varied menu. selections. We all agreed that we would definitely return. The service exceeded our expectations and it was truly delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/3/2014Food, service, balanced menu, good house wines are very predictable here: that's a good thingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would give it a second chanceFerlinghettiDined on 10/31/2014I hsd the braised short ribs which were very tender and tasty on the mashed potato base. However my wife had the shrimp and grits with the Andouille sausage. Regrettably it was very bland. Andouille sausage should be spicy. Have traveled many times in Louisiana and this was a far cry from what one would expect. However a sample of one is not valid to make general conclusions. It is a cozy and vibrant ambience with efficient friendly service. Was hopping on Halloween night!! Food presentation was excellent. I'd go again and order other selections. I'm pretty sure we'd have a higher opinion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Fun time here for a family adult gathering. Good food, nice service from Angelina, and pretty loud(us too). Am talking to them about another large function.Special Features:
- DeliciouswineandineVIPDined on 10/25/2014This is a great restaurant, and always busy, which is a good recommendation in itself. Delicious meld of flavors. Try the salad with the Parmesan crisp or seafood and grits or anything else and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Our daughter found Glenwood Grill based on the previous reviews and it did not disappoint. Very much elevated or upscale soul food. We had the Seafood & grits, Carpet Bagger and Crab Cake entrees. They were all amazing! Cobbler for dessert was just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden power lunch spotRaleighwoodDined on 10/24/2014Probably didn't need a reservation for a table of 3 as the restaurant wasn't completely full, but always nice to have. Service was a little slow to start, but very friendly and hospitable. Menu has nice variety and is reasonably priced for business dining. The location is an ITB hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliably greatRaleighnewcomerDined on 10/23/2014Our go to restaurant when we have visitors. Always a hit. Never ordered anything less than great from the menu. Service is top notch.Special Features:
- Yummy!Love2yumDined on 10/23/2014I love that this is a locally owned find. The service was great, the appetizer came fast, the fresh rolls reminded me of homemade goodness. My rack of lamp chops were cooked perfect and the dinner dish was overall yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service.TuckerpDined on 10/21/2014Excellent wine list. Creative chef Lovely place. The whole experience was astounding. The short ribs Rockefeller were amazing. Service top notch. A wonderful night. I dont think there could be a finer place in the area. The ambience of the place is wonderful. The service the best in town. And the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- chillerwineDined on 10/21/2014I generally liked this place, only concern was my entree, the chef's special was just warm & a little congealed. Everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We just moved to the area and were recommended to go to Glenwood Grill. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They went out of their way.we both had the special, it was salmon and it was prepared perfectly. It was delicious. I recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience.FloridaCarolinianDined on 10/11/20144 of us ate at the Glenwood Grill Saturday night. The only time we could get reservations was 6:00 pm but that was fine with us. All 4 of us were equally impressed with our meals, the wines, - everything. A wonderful experience. We will go back when in Raleigh.Special Features:
- Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent food and service, awesome bread!...Very happy to have selected this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. Thanks!Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceFashionPharmacistDined on 10/9/2014My husband & I celebrated our anniversary dinner at Glenwood Grill this week & I must say, the experience was lovely! We started off our meal with the wedge salad (for me) & She Crab soup (my husband) & both were delicious. My husband said it was the best She Crab soup he'd ever had -- full of crab chunks. After reviewing their entree choices (a great variety & all looked incredible) we both ended up ordering the Carpetbagger which did not disappoint. The filet was melt-in-your-mouth good & the oysters were cooked to perfection, very light & flavorful! For dessert, my husband ordered the cobbler & I had the chocolate bread pudding. Both were excellent! Alan was our waiter & he couldn't have been any better. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- PostmanAmosDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food. Ambiance great, although can be a bit noisy. lighting is the key.Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceBigDonDined on 10/3/2014We have had the Glenwood Grill on our list of places to dine for some time. We duplicated the recipe for Shrimp and Grits that appeared in the N & O several months ago. The results were outstanding and so was our visit on last Friday. The waiter got us involved in the experience as soon as we sat down. My wife had Seafood and Grits. She was thoroughly pleased with the food. I had the Low Country Boil. It, too, was well-prepared and delicious. We exchanged pleasantries with a couple seated nearby which helped to make the evening all the more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surprise!Love2dineDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant was recommended to us. We were really amazed at the quality of the service and food! It was a full house - on a week night, so apparently many people know about this place. If you are in Raleigh, we highly recommend that you make a reservation and try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled by the locationR3DfanVIPDined on 10/1/2014Due to the strip mall location, I probably wouldn't have selected this restaurant if I was just driving by. But, I'm so glad I made the OpenTable reservation while visiting Raleigh on a business trip. The food and service were excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Raleigh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatinoutDined on 9/30/2014Love the food at Glenwood Grille but it's very difficult to talk due to the noise level. I still keep going back because the food is super, but the noise is a deterrent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Perfect end to a hectic week. The service was excellent from arrival to departure, but the food was the winner. As the parent of a chef, I have come to expect certain standards. Glenwood Grill met or exceeded my expectations. From the soup of the day to the main entree's offered. Would recommend to anyone, including my son. GREAT!!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed a late night dinner here. Great wait staff, food was delicious. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Glenwood Grill makes you proud to be a Southerner or at least eating in the South. And not at Yankee Carpetbagger prices either. You get fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese grits. Super grouper dish for the fall. Low Country seafood boil. Everyone loved the food.Special Features:
- "I'll Be Back!"corgisruleDined on 9/25/2014The dining experience was outstanding. The food and staff were 5 star all the way. Never felt hurried and the food was out in a timely manner. The food was so fresh and delicious! Hats off the chef, host & Angelina our server. We are going to come back!Special Features:
- First Time to GlenwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014This Tuesday night dinner was our first visit to the Glenwood Grill and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The ambiance and service was great and the food was superb.Special Features:
- doesn't dissapointduckduckgoooooseDined on 9/20/2014Wife and I dined here Sat night. Have been here several time and never had a bad experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwineandineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Delicious special entree - great dinner, great service.Special Features:
- Always goodwoodyj94Dined on 9/18/2014We eat here often and it is always very good. Staff is friendly. Chef does a great job with the nightly specials.Special Features:
- Still great after all these yearsCarolinaBeckyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Like the song says, GLenwood Grill continues to be very good. The food is terrific. My husband had some of the best she crab soup I've ever had and we have a cottage near the Chesapeake Bay so we have eaten a lot of crab soup in our time. My crab cake special salad was with a light vinaigrette that was wonderful and the crab cake was good too. The bread was delicious. The service was attentive but not obtrusive. Really a great spot.Special Features:
- Makes List of Lunch FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Glenwood Grill is a favorite of my lunchtime friends. Latest outing was an early fall day perfect for outside dining. The sidewalk area dining area is sheltered and surrounded by the large garden pots at their peak. Server was one of best--totally helpful and attentive without being intrusive. I had a special Chicken salad with simple fresh fruit surrounding. Every fruit was freshly cut and flavorful. It doesn't get simpler or better. Great local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!JwhiteDined on 9/17/2014We chose this spot due to the reviews and recommendations on Open Table. We were not disappointed! The ambiance was nice- especially for a neighborhood restaurant. The service was excellent ( Thank you Alan) and the foo was delicious and well presented. The noise level was loud but overall- we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great findFL2DCDined on 9/16/2014I ordered the NC catfish meal. The meal was very good and had complementary flavored with the side dishes. My co-worker ordered the shrimp and grits and enjoyed it as well. Service was great. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDaveDined on 9/13/2014Great food and service, but could not hear a word anyone was saying at the table. The noise level in the room made for poor conversation and an annoying evening out.Special Features:
- ExcellentRichDined on 9/13/2014The shrimp & grits, southern caesar salad, and berry cobbler never disappoints.Special Features: