2603-151 Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27608Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glenwoodgrill.net/
- Phone: 9197823102x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: John Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant is available on Sundays for any type of private parties. Please call between 2:00 and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday for details.
- Private Party Contact: John Wright 9197823102x
A word from Glenwood Grill
Glenwood Grill has been a Triangle favorite for 24 years. A popular neighborhood restaurant that serves Chef John Wright's innovative dishes in a classy yet comfortable atmosphere. Winner of Metro Magazine's "Best Power Lunch".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Glenwood Grill - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Glenwood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (132)fit for foodies (91)special occasion (75)great for lunch (48)romantic (34)hot spot (18)notable wine list (16)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nothing BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Perfect end to a hectic week. The service was excellent from arrival to departure, but the food was the winner. As the parent of a chef, I have come to expect certain standards. Glenwood Grill met or exceeded my expectations. From the soup of the day to the main entree's offered. Would recommend to anyone, including my son. GREAT!!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed a late night dinner here. Great wait staff, food was delicious. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Glenwood Grill makes you proud to be a Southerner or at least eating in the South. And not at Yankee Carpetbagger prices either. You get fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese grits. Super grouper dish for the fall. Low Country seafood boil. Everyone loved the food.Special Features:
- "I'll Be Back!"corgisruleDined on 9/25/2014The dining experience was outstanding. The food and staff were 5 star all the way. Never felt hurried and the food was out in a timely manner. The food was so fresh and delicious! Hats off the chef, host & Angelina our server. We are going to come back!Special Features:
- doesn't dissapointduckduckgoooooseDined on 9/20/2014Wife and I dined here Sat night. Have been here several time and never had a bad experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwineandineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Delicious special entree - great dinner, great service.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014We eat here often and it is always very good. Staff is friendly. Chef does a great job with the nightly specials.Special Features:
- Still great after all these yearsCarolinaBeckyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Like the song says, GLenwood Grill continues to be very good. The food is terrific. My husband had some of the best she crab soup I've ever had and we have a cottage near the Chesapeake Bay so we have eaten a lot of crab soup in our time. My crab cake special salad was with a light vinaigrette that was wonderful and the crab cake was good too. The bread was delicious. The service was attentive but not obtrusive. Really a great spot.Special Features:
- Makes List of Lunch FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Glenwood Grill is a favorite of my lunchtime friends. Latest outing was an early fall day perfect for outside dining. The sidewalk area dining area is sheltered and surrounded by the large garden pots at their peak. Server was one of best--totally helpful and attentive without being intrusive. I had a special Chicken salad with simple fresh fruit surrounding. Every fruit was freshly cut and flavorful. It doesn't get simpler or better. Great local spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!JwhiteDined on 9/17/2014We chose this spot due to the reviews and recommendations on Open Table. We were not disappointed! The ambiance was nice- especially for a neighborhood restaurant. The service was excellent ( Thank you Alan) and the foo was delicious and well presented. The noise level was loud but overall- we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great findFL2DCDined on 9/16/2014I ordered the NC catfish meal. The meal was very good and had complementary flavored with the side dishes. My co-worker ordered the shrimp and grits and enjoyed it as well. Service was great. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDaveDined on 9/13/2014Great food and service, but could not hear a word anyone was saying at the table. The noise level in the room made for poor conversation and an annoying evening out.Special Features:
- ExcellentRichDined on 9/13/2014The shrimp & grits, southern caesar salad, and berry cobbler never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great foodjcdiningDined on 9/12/2014Overall a great experience at Glenwood Grill. The food is delicious - nothing too "out of the box," but it's just well-cooked food. The one "ding" I'd give them is their cocktail list, which wasn't very inventive or appealing to me. Other than that, a great experience.Special Features:
- Great FoodTriumphtr3Dined on 9/11/2014I thought the food was great but could have used just a little more, say 20%. I'm not a fan of massive plates and all you can eat places but felt the porton was a little small. Perhaps it was just so good I ate too fast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulMDNCDined on 9/9/2014My spouse and I dined at Glenwood Grill last year for our 25th anniversary and we made a repeat visit this year for our 26th. I certainly hope it is not another year before we come back. Glenwood Grill is a delight - classy enough for a special occasion but comfortable enough for a great meal any time. The Crab Cakes, chock full of lump backfin crab meat, made this Maryland native very happy! The Seared Scallops were also a hit. We are looking forward to our next visit - soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trustmeVIPDined on 9/6/2014outstanding food...brilliant combination of food and spice and flavor. great service. phenomonal desserts.Special Features:
- Glenwood made my wife's BD special!RichardVIPDined on 9/6/2014Glenwood is my favorite restaurant. The quality of food is excellent, and so is the service. We had Grill salad which is not "grilled" salad but is Glenwood Grill's special salad. It has roasted beets, gorgonzola, almonds and radish with mixed greens. The honey thyme vinaigrette dressing was light and tasty. My wife had crab cakes with creamed corn, arugula salad with bleu cheese, pecans and granny smith apples with balsamic dressing. They make the best crab cakes. If you love crab cakes like she does, I highly recommend Glenwood Grill. Glenwood Grill has a great wine list. We had a bottle of old vine Zinfandel -very good! We finished up our dinner with chocolate cake with a candle for my BD. The Glenwood made my BD special!Special Features:
- SMBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great place for a quick get away with your significant other. Food was above average and service great. Defenantly on my list for repeat visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish and flavorfulLittlebirdDined on 8/30/2014Glenwood Grill is a delightful restaurant with Carolina low country favorites along side steaks and foodie offerings. The decor and food presentation are contemporary and stylish and sustain an upscale casual vibe. I love this place for the delicious food but enjoy its look and feel, as well. I often choose the shrimp adouille grits and she crab soup and am never disappointed. Easy parking only adds to the attractions of this wonderful little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceloverofdessertsDined on 8/29/2014The waitperson was outstanding! Because he was so good at his work I overlooked the fact the key lime pie (one of my all time favorites) was not that great! It did not seem fresh and it was covered with a raspberry sauce that did not compliment the flavor. The ginger snap crust was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bhhsladies3Dined on 8/26/2014Our waiter was wonderful and attentive and interactive with our small group. Food and wine fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ImpressiveMaryDined on 8/26/2014Glenwood Grill is a "sure bet." Whether you want a convenient, solid choice for a lunch meeting or a special, delicious option for dinner, Glenwood Grill can accommodate both. Visits to the bar are also fun and vibrant. An all-around good choice for something exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DomerMaryDined on 8/23/2014A wonderful evening of amazing food! A+++ Everything was delicious and fresh.Special Features:
- FoursomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Good food was enjoyed by all. We have a great table by the window. We'll had this one to our favorites.Special Features:
- Lunch w/ clientTomHDined on 8/19/2014One of mine and my wife's favorites. Great spot to meet for lunch or dinner - never been disappointed in the food or the service. Many times we sit at the bar due to a last minute and 'let's go…' great spot!Special Features:
- Better at Night!BirthdayDined on 8/16/2014I had been to the Glenwood Grill for lunch since moving to Raleigh, several years ago and was not that interested in dinner there with some friends. We booked and I was suitably impressed with the varied menu, and everyone's entrees were fabulous. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greyhound5Dined on 8/16/2014Our favorite restaurant for many years. For us, the best seafood in the entire area. have tried all entrees and have never been disappointed but the seafood and grits is the mainstay and my personal favorite. Service led by Brian and Kevin is topnotch. If someone doesn't like the Glenwood Grill, they probably don't like Christmas either.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014If you are driving on Glenwood Ave, you could miss this--use the Harris Teeter as your landmark. A great place for dinner and the food is different, yet delicious. I wll be back here!!!Special Features:
- Excellent restarurantMadhatterDined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent, service was great, reasonably priced....only negative comment was the noise level....may have been during the heavy dinner hour at 7:30 hour...never noticed the noise before! Had out-of-town guests, and they really enjoyed the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special careOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014We had a lovely experience --- the food was delicious, the host and waiter attentive, but the best part was the extra attention recognizing our wedding anniversary!! The creme brulee was superb--- thank you...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food>DarrylVIPDined on 8/9/2014Glenwood Grill had a great menu of choices and the food was fantastic. Lobster Mac was great, fried oysters were to die for, and the catfish was perfectly cooked. I will be returning within a week for those oysters. Service was a little slow to start, but they were very busy, and it was a Saturday night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My first visit to Glenwood Grill. I took an out of town houseguest and she LOVED her meal and we had a quiet atmosphere so we could hear one another talk. I will definitely go again!iSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuna was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit to Glenwood Grill, and we were pleasantly surprised. The tuna that my wife had was excellent, and the filet that I had was very good. This is very much an "old Raleigh" hangout, and there were a lot of bow ties, summer linen suits, and even a tuxedo on one guest. The formica tables were a but underwhelming, but the food and service were great, and I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbivalenceDokterDaveDined on 8/1/2014Great food but noisy. We grow weary of having to shout to communicate with friends at the same table. A little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good timeJohnDined on 7/31/2014We arrived early for an 8 pm reservation on a Thursday. Our table wasn't ready and the bar was full. Host offered us a table outside weather was pleasant so we took it. Ordered cocktails and 2 appetizers, mac and cheese and fried green tomatoes. Enjoyed both. Everyone seems to love the mac and cheese, we all enjoyed it but we wouldn't rave about it. I had their special, red snapper, others ordered the herb crusted rare tuna and the pan seared scallops. Would recommend any of them, especially the tuna and the scallops. Even though the outside table faced out to the parking lot it was pleasant and actually seemed more private because the tables are nestled into nooks. 2 or 3 people at the outside tables is ideal. 4 would be too manySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimosaDined on 7/29/2014Fried green tomatoes were outstanding!!! Great service!Special Features:
- Always excellent!DinewithfriendsDined on 7/29/2014Enjoyed drinks, dinner and wine prior to "The Little Mermaid". Food was delicious and prompt but not rushed. Excellent service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnneDined on 7/25/2014Dinner was outstanding, had rockfish which was splendidly prepared and presented; chef accommodated our special request, fabulous Martini! and outstanding waiter and maître'd.Special Features:
- Consistently Good & ReliableJohnVIPDined on 7/25/2014Always a great choice for a relaxing evening. The menu items are varied so always soemthing for everyone to select from.Special Features: