Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar
13670 Arnold Drive
Glen Ellen, CA 95442Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glenelleninn.com/
- Phone: 7079966409
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Tuesday: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christian Bertrand
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are thrilled that you have considered Glen Ellen Inn for your special event! See our web site for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: Outdoor: For Groups of 80 and under, our romantic garden features grass for mingling, mini waterfall and Koi pond, and an L shaped dining area. Famous for our warm Sonoma evenings, outdoor dining is a pleasure from June through October. In/Outdoor: For groups up to 45, our Covered Patio features shaded dining, and can be open air for warm evenings. For cooler evenings, the Covered Patio is enclosed with glass windows, and features a fireplace and romantic lighting! Indoor: For groups up to 35, our Main Dining Room features cinnamon colored walls, and a lively view of the Chefs Kitchen! For Groups up to 80, our two indoor rooms can be combined for even more friends! Menu: Our Menu changes often, because we use in-season ingredients. So about one month before your party, you can design your own brunch, lunch or dinner menu! We’ll even put the heading of your choice on each menu! Fees: There is no set up or rental fee-visit www.glenelleninn.com for more info!
- Private Party Contact: Karen 7079961174
A word from Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar
The Glen Ellen Inn-known for its great food & full bar, offers a relaxed, romantic and fun hideaway spot just for you! Tucked into an original 1940's wine country cottage located just minutes from downtown Sonoma and a scenic drive from Napa, the Glen Ellen Inn features delicious French & Italian inspired cuisine all day long! House baked breads, House made pasta, lovely salads, light appetizers, fire grilled chicken, steaks, burgers, chops and seafood are sure to satisfy any appetite! And why not make a night of it-stay overnight in the adjacent Glen Ellen Inn Secret Cottages. The All Day Menu is offered from 11:30 am to 9 pm; Wednesdays 5 pm to 9 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (45)romantic (42)special occasion (39)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (23)scenic view (19)great for brunch (12)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Jack ShearerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014We have been dining here for over ten years. The owners are gems and a real boon to Glen Ellen. The food, at times has varied, but never has it been bad. We own a shop, in Sonoma, and I have no qualms about recommending the Inn to visitors and locals. We wish them continued success!Special Features:
- A delightDisappointedDined on 9/13/2014We were a group of 7 people, both men & women from the USA and Europe, everyone in the party was pleased. The food menu is not exhaustive but all excellent choices. The fish tacos were amazing, as were the wicked oyster trio. The baked brie was delicious! Our waiter, Raul, was super nice and guided us through the experience. This charming restaurant has a great bar and a beautiful outdoor seating area. It is a wonderful place and I would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 9/9/2014Had a girls time lunch with my daughter and 2 daughter-in-laws. I had been raving about the Kobe burger and Garlic fries, three of us had them and no disappointments. LOVE THE GLEN ELLEN INN, thats all that I can say. Hope that we can be back before heading back to Arizona.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE! Just keep on Driving by!TOMMNASHVILLEDined on 9/7/2014Bad food quality, out dated! This resturant needs to update everything! We made a bad choice on this one- we were told not to go to this resturant by the locals--We always ask the locals but we were starved after a day of wine tasting- so they the the only open resturant near by - bad mistake! Loud table near us-even the waiters were shaking there heads! slow service, bad food not a good experience! For lunch go into Sonoma-Girl and the Fig FOR Dinner GLEN ELLEN STAR was Excellent!
- DanLDined on 9/5/2014What's to say....good food..great service..priced rightSpecial Features:
- knows good food1935SFredDined on 8/30/2014Not our first time here, but the first for lunch. Our daughter-in-law visiting for the day, I did not want to prepare lunch at home so…. I had the garlic fries and the Kobe burger - WONDERFUL is all that I can say!!!Special Features:
- Lovely dining inside and out!luvsonomaDined on 8/29/2014This is a very lively, quaint, and delicious restaurant in beautiful Sonoma County. They have a long martini list, with our favorite being the blue Heisenberg! Our meal was delicious, but the setting and spirit were what would keep us coming back as often as we can!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!BarbaratynanDined on 8/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. One very small detail: table should have been wiped after the appetizer because we had unfortunately made a bit of a mess with bits of calamari and salsa. Other than that, our dining experience was great. Service staff is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonHDined on 8/29/2014Very good service and a well prepared meal. Overall a very good choice for a casual meal.Special Features:
- RomanticLuvEverythingVIPDined on 8/27/2014The service from the head manager was great! The regular waitress who was covering the table was so-so. The appetizer of calamari was ok. The food I ordered was the wild bore shank which was really good but my wife had a salad with tuna which was very small so she shared some of my food. I would try some other restaurants in the area the next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014This was an excellent restaurant find in a small town with few credible alternatives. Martini list is outstanding! Bar is small and cute, owners in action and very attentive. Wild bore was falling off the bone tender and delicious as were several oyster apps.Special Features:
- Incredible find!TommyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Glen Ellen is a small community of 750 people in Sonoma County (wine country), but visiting this restaurant make a trip to Glen Ellen an essential part of any visit to the wine country. This restaurant has a rare combination of truly outstanding food and a warm, knowledgeable, personable servers, and an experienced chef/owner dedicated to maintaining this combination. Additionally, there is a garden and a terrace both of which are lovely, quiet settings in which to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014What can you say about GEI that hasn't already been said... brought some family that was visiting the area to one of (if not) our favorite places in the north bay. They are restauranteurs and very tough to please. Loved every aspect of the experience. Great restaurants start from the top, and every member of the floor staff was in perfect balance with the high quality of the food. Service so polished that you look around at your table and realize plates have been cleared, water refilled, new bread dropped off without asking; a great restaurant works to keep the guests happy without encroaching on their conversations. GEI is legit. Halibut in parchment was my one concern when my wife ordered it and it was the favorite dish of the night!Special Features:
- YogagirlDined on 8/17/2014Lovely place. Some of the food items are wonderful and some just OK. The homemade scones and ice cream were fabulous. And the melted brie with grilled peaches and micro greens appetizer was wonderful. But I forgot to ask for the dressing on the side on my entree of a Greek Salad with grilled chicken breast and it was quite tart. Also could have used more greens. But very cute place. Was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food & serviceKayWDined on 8/17/2014We've been enjoying this restaurant for many years, both for lunch and for dinner. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. The atmosphere is casual elegance and the service is very cordial and accommodating. Ingredients are fresh and breads and even ice creams are house-made. Lovely cocktails and wines are plentiful. While not my cup of tea, many go for the martinis and fresh oysters. It would be hard to go wrong with this Glen Ellen gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencejefflDined on 8/16/2014Food, service and ambience were all top notch. Would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink, and be merrygreatfoodgreatcompanyDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I love food. And we love any excuse to try a new place whether near our home or on our travels. We were road tripping through Sonoma on a trip from London and got recommended to Glen Ellen Inn for martinis and great grub. The place is fantastic. Absolutely delicious food with incredibly fresh ingredients served with flair. Incredible value and that martini list (dozens of them!) is epic. Enjoy an evening here like we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters and Wine = So Fine!Peter2868Dined on 8/14/2014Don't miss this gem of a restaurant if you are visiting anywhere in the Sonoma Valley! Great food, service and a fantastic wine list. The baked oysters were a special treat as were the Cioppino and Prawns in a Coconut Sauce. The service and greeting are friendly and accommodating. You really can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantconsieoneDined on 8/14/2014This was a great place to take on out of town guest. Great enclosed patio dining.Special Features:
- Fantastic PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We had a great meal there. It was right after we visited wine country. Super food, super service, quaint beautiful place. Would go back there in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOTfanaticVIPDined on 8/11/2014Come for the oysters and martinis; stay for dinner. Charming location, excellent food, EXCEPTIONAL wine list. Service was friendly and very efficient.Special Features:
- Delicious as usualColibrifanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful. Sandra is the best!!! Thanks for being flexible about substitution food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Really enjoy the food there. Had a table for seven for an 80th birthday celebration. Young and old alike enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find in SonomaPickyfoodie22Dined on 8/3/2014We didn't know what to.expect as a couple. We walked in and weren't overly hungry. We also needed to be at a wedding within two hours, so time was a slight issue. In the end for starters we shared their special Watermelon salad with Vinaigrette. And shared the mussels and frites for main. The salad came out split over two plates. Very nice. When asked for wine I ordered a chardonnay, which the waiter comped. Surprised! Then after the mussels were done we were contemplating dessert, but didn't need cuz our server was brought out a comped ice cream and cookies for us to really add a nice touch to the meal. Along with the bill we got a takeout box of delicious scones, we were very happy that we were able to share them with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitbillVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were in Sonoma doing wine tastings. We had searched for unique resturants before arriving. We found Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Bar to be unique, wonderful, and such a find. We really enjoyed everything, the food, the service, the ambiance. I would recommend this to anyone, I will be back on our next visit from TexasSpecial Features:
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 7/29/2014Whats not to like about this restaurant, would go every chance we get!!!!Special Features:
- Very nice place for dinnerKickstand5Dined on 7/19/2014Dinner was very good, for the most part pricing was very good. Lots of martini's to choose from. As for dinner the price was very reasonable, not cheap but the the range that will bring me back again. The martini's were around $10 each, I guess somewhat reasonable. Corkage for the bottle of wine was $9.00 which was very reasonable. Only complaint was pricing on other drinks. Our table had a couple of Crown and seven and I had a Beefeaters gin over ice. These drinks were close to $13.00 each. A bit highSpecial Features:
- Dinner on a SundaymenupleaseDined on 7/13/2014Lovely place. Good Ambiance. Cuisine is informal a la carte. A lot of hype about martinis for some reason. I don't drink martinis. Brought my own cheap good wine but nice wine list. Everything tasted good and enough to fill. Good dessert. Good service. Good bread. My cioppini was a little too tart. The seafood was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must TryBigfoodogVIPDined on 7/12/2014Living down town Sonoma with all of the great restaurant choices it is sometimes hard to get out of the city. The Grill is a short drive on Hwy 12 that takes you through some of the most beautiful areas of Sonoma county. The Grill was a great experience and a very good value.Special Features:
- GregGJB777Dined on 7/6/2014Our local favorite. Great romantic setting in the little village of Glen Ellen. We have been there many times and have always had a great experience with scrumptuos food all the way from the appetizers through dessert, outstanding personal service and much charm and ambience. Our favorite entrees are the Cioppino, the salmon and the Hangar steak. Try the crab cake appetizer, its "to die for." Large wine list and a great bar. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placetinaojDined on 7/4/2014we've been here often and it's always wonderful - good food and service - love it!Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Delicious food, excellent knowledgeable service, lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, indifferent staffOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2014The poor/lack of service outweighed any attributes there may have been with this bad dining experience. The restaurant was clearly understaffed and the attitude was "tough luck". After a 15 minute wait to be greeted for a drink order, the food took nearly an hour to serve. There was no follow up on the meal until it was three bites from being finished, too late to send back an under cooked steak. To walk out of a restaurant with an empty feeling that no one cares is bad enough, the $200. tab made it even worse.
- Amazing place!WineLoverDined on 7/2/2014Found this place while visiting California - What a wonderful find! The ambiance was very nice, and the food even better! Great service as well. Definitely going back next time I am in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amle29Dined on 6/22/2014Fantastic find! We've only been here twice because we are from San Jose, but believe me, if we were local, we'd probably be here at least once a week until we've tried everything on the menu. To top off the great food is the great and very attentive service. I highly recommend Glen Ellen Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet AnniversaryridgerunnerDined on 6/20/2014On a busy evening we had a quiet table with no other customers in the immediate area. The other areas of the place were hopping but we were in a front room with no others. Service was terrific and the meals, both specials, were indeed special.Special Features:
- Glen Ellen SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/18/2014We were staying at the Jack London Lodge around the corner and decided to dine here. We were amazed at the quality and complexity of the entrees. The service was exceptional. Prices very reasonable!Special Features:
- My favorite wine country restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014I have eaten here on numerous occasions, and always bring my out-of-town visitors here. The food is always excellent, the staff warm and friendly and the ambiance welcoming and comfortable. I look forward to returning again and again.Special Features:
- Wonderful, Peaceful evening!ChristineVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a great time Saturday Night...just what we needed after a long day!! Super food, quiet and calm setting outside....just perfect!Special Features:
- Glen Ellen InnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Glen Ellen Inn is one of our favorites - the food is always creative, and delicious, the ambiance warm. We had friends visiting. I felt very confident in our choice - one of our guests is a food/wine critic in DC - the wine list is so extensive, it became laborious to find what we wanted to go with the oysters first, and other dishes.....the waiter was very young, and no help when it came to selecting the wines. He was overly animated, scripted, and too young to be part of the dinner wait staff.....our guests used the word "annoying". Having noted we were there to celebrate two events, a marriage and an engagement, disappointed that it was ignored until after we had ordered dessert - and then given a complimentary dish of ice cream....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.