Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar
13670 Arnold Drive
Glen Ellen, CA 95442Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glenelleninn.com/
- Phone: (707) 996-6409
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Tuesday: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christian Bertrand
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are thrilled that you have considered Glen Ellen Inn for your special event! See our web site for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: Outdoor: For Groups of 80 and under, our romantic garden features grass for mingling, mini waterfall and Koi pond, and an L shaped dining area. Famous for our warm Sonoma evenings, outdoor dining is a pleasure from June through October. In/Outdoor: For groups up to 45, our Covered Patio features shaded dining, and can be open air for warm evenings. For cooler evenings, the Covered Patio is enclosed with glass windows, and features a fireplace and romantic lighting! Indoor: For groups up to 35, our Main Dining Room features cinnamon colored walls, and a lively view of the Chefs Kitchen! For Groups up to 80, our two indoor rooms can be combined for even more friends! Menu: Our Menu changes often, because we use in-season ingredients. So about one month before your party, you can design your own brunch, lunch or dinner menu! We’ll even put the heading of your choice on each menu! Fees: There is no set up or rental fee-visit www.glenelleninn.com for more info!
- Private Party Contact: Karen 7079961174
A word from Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar
The Glen Ellen Inn-known for its great food & full bar, offers a relaxed, romantic and fun hideaway spot just for you! Tucked into an original 1940's wine country cottage located just minutes from downtown Sonoma and a scenic drive from Napa, the Glen Ellen Inn features delicious French & Italian inspired cuisine all day long! House baked breads, House made pasta, lovely salads, light appetizers, fire grilled chicken, steaks, burgers, chops and seafood are sure to satisfy any appetite! And why not make a night of it-stay overnight in the adjacent Glen Ellen Inn Secret Cottages. The All Day Menu is offered from 11:30 am to 9 pm; Wednesdays 5 pm to 9 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill & Martini Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (54)romantic (48)special occasion (42)notable wine list (35)great for lunch (27)good for groups (17)scenic view (14)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Still Our FavoriteKAK2VIPDined on 11/17/2014Martini's, wine, oysters, very good menu supplemented with chef's specials, and the secluded Sonoma County location. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSuzieRichmondDined on 11/8/2014We have been to Glen Ellen Inn more than once and think of it as a special place. And it IS lovely - quaint, cozy and on a Saturday night - CROWDED. As you know I made the reservation for my husband's birthday dinner well in advance, confirmed by phone and they confirmed by email, yet when we arrived they had trouble finding a table for us. Two very nice tables had reserved signs, but they were for other people Food good but not as fabulous as we remember.Special Features:
- Run do not walk to this restaurantHeyMamboDined on 11/7/2014Went here for my birthday dinner and enjoyed every moment from our lovely waitress to the unexpected delight of dessert. I can't wait to return and try more selections from the menu. The martini list is inventive, luxurious and the only drawback is it can be addictive! Whatever you are doing here - don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodies99Dined on 11/7/2014Great Lamb burger that cooked to the perfection along with Garlic Fries.Special Features:
- RomanticDebbieDined on 11/1/2014We came in for my husband's birthday and sat at a window seat. It was a romantic setting and a perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 10/24/2014Almost always enjoy this place. Excellent food to enjoy, good wine and drinks. Nice for a two-only get together as well as for small group. Everything is well prepared. We had the Kobe hamburgers for lunch. Delicious flavors. Won't need dinner. The only thing we can think of we haven't enjoyed is their thinly-cut steak which has been tough. Otherwise we like everything about the Glen Ellen Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet spot in a quiet townOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2014A super place with great food and super service. Jennifer, the sous chef, was very helpful in identifying the available oysters they had. The decor was beautiful - made us wish to stay at one of their lovely cottages..........maybe next time. The Martini list was certainly 2nd to none but they did have a very complete wine list (even with a few NON-CALIFORNIAN wines). This is a Must Go place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steveSteveDined on 10/19/2014This is an outstanding restaurant. Martinis are wonderful and they know their wine. Fantastic and personal service but professional and not intrusive. One of our North American favorite spots. We eat here several times when we visit wine countrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot.ChrisDined on 10/17/2014It seems to be the perfect place to impress a date or business client. Glen Ellen is on the outskirts of Sonoma over a unkept road. You wouldn't think that anywhere in this small country town would cater to the middle-upper class judging by looks. The staff is very friendly and even calmly entertaining. Their filet mignon and salmon plates are delicious, and their martinis are perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TandSVIPDined on 10/16/2014A great meal for 4 of us. And the gluten free selections were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place, really good foodrosieDined on 10/11/2014We very much enjoyed our trip to Glen Ellen Inn. The food is very good, the service excellent and the wine list is fabulous. A real gem!Special Features:
- A "Can't Miss" Romantic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Treated my lovely wife to a "no special reason" lunch before touring a local winery. The outdoor seating and imaginative menu were an immediate hit with her. We lingered longer than planned just to take it all in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divadixieDined on 10/7/2014The glen ellen inn is very charming we loved the small town feel and special attentionSpecial Features:
- Glen Ellen Inn Oyster Grill and barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The Glen Ellen in was just a fabulous find. We stayed in their hidden cottages which was fabulous, had and incredible dinner with excellent service, great wines and an awesome dessert. I would highly recommend the Glen Ellen Inn.Special Features:
- Little GemMulvaneVIPDined on 10/4/2014First time dining here and I'll be back on future trips to wine country. The oysters were terrific, i had both the baked and the raw versions. Highly recommend the grilled romaine and caesar, it was off the charts. After enjoying the seafood pasta special I was satisfied and had not interest in desert. To my surprise, my server Jesus provided me with a complimentary desert of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and toasted coconut. Needless to say, an extra 2 miles of running was in order the next day, but well worth it!!Special Features:
- Great Spot, Service and FoodDineAndTravelDined on 9/27/2014Glen Ellen is a charming little village and the Glen Ellen Inn restaurant is a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:
- Good lunch locationSpearfishDined on 9/26/2014Three women for lunch at Glen Ellen Inn found it a perfect spot for catching up on all of our news while enjoying good food in a quaint village setting. The service was attentive but not overly so. The menu had a nice variety of choices. We had a leisurely "European style" meal that lasted longer than usual and were not rushed to leave. It was a lovely afternoon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Would have been all 5 rating if not for large LOUD group beside us.Special Features:
- The best roadside attractionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014Just enjoyed an anniversary dinner on the covered patio. Great service food and atmosphere. Calamari appetizer is terrific ... crisp outside and tender inside and don't forget the grilled romaine salad ... it's the absolute best. This restaurant is always a winner for us.Special Features:
- Consistently Good FoodjefflDined on 9/21/2014Ate here for our 3rd time in 3 months - each time we had great food and service. Our only issue this time was that we had requested a good table for a birthday celebration (as we did the last time). Unlike our previous experience, a table had not been set aside for us in the best room, so we had the option of eating outside (windy and cold, no heaters) or squishing 4 of us into a round booth with the other 2 in chairs. Did not like the seating, so I guess in the future we will have to be even more specific.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMcfamilyDined on 9/20/2014Everything we had here from appetizer to dessert was outstanding and our waiter was helpful with suggestions.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Glen Ellen Inn was a great little place! My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there and sat out in the garden with a view of the fountain. The Wild Boar shank was fantastic and the wine list was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack ShearerSonomaJack1Dined on 9/18/2014We have been dining here for over ten years. The owners are gems and a real boon to Glen Ellen. The food, at times has varied, but never has it been bad. We own a shop, in Sonoma, and I have no qualms about recommending the Inn to visitors and locals. We wish them continued success!Special Features:
- A delightDisappointedVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were a group of 7 people, both men & women from the USA and Europe, everyone in the party was pleased. The food menu is not exhaustive but all excellent choices. The fish tacos were amazing, as were the wicked oyster trio. The baked brie was delicious! Our waiter, Raul, was super nice and guided us through the experience. This charming restaurant has a great bar and a beautiful outdoor seating area. It is a wonderful place and I would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 9/9/2014Had a girls time lunch with my daughter and 2 daughter-in-laws. I had been raving about the Kobe burger and Garlic fries, three of us had them and no disappointments. LOVE THE GLEN ELLEN INN, thats all that I can say. Hope that we can be back before heading back to Arizona.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE! Just keep on Driving by!TOMMNASHVILLEDined on 9/7/2014Bad food quality, out dated! This resturant needs to update everything! We made a bad choice on this one- we were told not to go to this resturant by the locals--We always ask the locals but we were starved after a day of wine tasting- so they the the only open resturant near by - bad mistake! Loud table near us-even the waiters were shaking there heads! slow service, bad food not a good experience! For lunch go into Sonoma-Girl and the Fig FOR Dinner GLEN ELLEN STAR was Excellent!
- DanLDined on 9/5/2014What's to say....good food..great service..priced rightSpecial Features:
- knows good food1935SFredDined on 8/30/2014Not our first time here, but the first for lunch. Our daughter-in-law visiting for the day, I did not want to prepare lunch at home so…. I had the garlic fries and the Kobe burger - WONDERFUL is all that I can say!!!Special Features:
- Lovely dining inside and out!luvsonomaDined on 8/29/2014This is a very lively, quaint, and delicious restaurant in beautiful Sonoma County. They have a long martini list, with our favorite being the blue Heisenberg! Our meal was delicious, but the setting and spirit were what would keep us coming back as often as we can!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!BarbaratynanDined on 8/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. One very small detail: table should have been wiped after the appetizer because we had unfortunately made a bit of a mess with bits of calamari and salsa. Other than that, our dining experience was great. Service staff is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonHDined on 8/29/2014Very good service and a well prepared meal. Overall a very good choice for a casual meal.Special Features:
- RomanticLuvEverythingVIPDined on 8/27/2014The service from the head manager was great! The regular waitress who was covering the table was so-so. The appetizer of calamari was ok. The food I ordered was the wild bore shank which was really good but my wife had a salad with tuna which was very small so she shared some of my food. I would try some other restaurants in the area the next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014This was an excellent restaurant find in a small town with few credible alternatives. Martini list is outstanding! Bar is small and cute, owners in action and very attentive. Wild bore was falling off the bone tender and delicious as were several oyster apps.Special Features:
- Incredible find!TommyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Glen Ellen is a small community of 750 people in Sonoma County (wine country), but visiting this restaurant make a trip to Glen Ellen an essential part of any visit to the wine country. This restaurant has a rare combination of truly outstanding food and a warm, knowledgeable, personable servers, and an experienced chef/owner dedicated to maintaining this combination. Additionally, there is a garden and a terrace both of which are lovely, quiet settings in which to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014What can you say about GEI that hasn't already been said... brought some family that was visiting the area to one of (if not) our favorite places in the north bay. They are restauranteurs and very tough to please. Loved every aspect of the experience. Great restaurants start from the top, and every member of the floor staff was in perfect balance with the high quality of the food. Service so polished that you look around at your table and realize plates have been cleared, water refilled, new bread dropped off without asking; a great restaurant works to keep the guests happy without encroaching on their conversations. GEI is legit. Halibut in parchment was my one concern when my wife ordered it and it was the favorite dish of the night!Special Features:
- YogagirlDined on 8/17/2014Lovely place. Some of the food items are wonderful and some just OK. The homemade scones and ice cream were fabulous. And the melted brie with grilled peaches and micro greens appetizer was wonderful. But I forgot to ask for the dressing on the side on my entree of a Greek Salad with grilled chicken breast and it was quite tart. Also could have used more greens. But very cute place. Was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food & serviceKayWDined on 8/17/2014We've been enjoying this restaurant for many years, both for lunch and for dinner. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. The atmosphere is casual elegance and the service is very cordial and accommodating. Ingredients are fresh and breads and even ice creams are house-made. Lovely cocktails and wines are plentiful. While not my cup of tea, many go for the martinis and fresh oysters. It would be hard to go wrong with this Glen Ellen gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencejefflDined on 8/16/2014Food, service and ambience were all top notch. Would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink, and be merrygreatfoodgreatcompanyDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I love food. And we love any excuse to try a new place whether near our home or on our travels. We were road tripping through Sonoma on a trip from London and got recommended to Glen Ellen Inn for martinis and great grub. The place is fantastic. Absolutely delicious food with incredibly fresh ingredients served with flair. Incredible value and that martini list (dozens of them!) is epic. Enjoy an evening here like we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters and Wine = So Fine!Peter2868Dined on 8/14/2014Don't miss this gem of a restaurant if you are visiting anywhere in the Sonoma Valley! Great food, service and a fantastic wine list. The baked oysters were a special treat as were the Cioppino and Prawns in a Coconut Sauce. The service and greeting are friendly and accommodating. You really can't go wrong here.Special Features: