Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant
1789 Bear Gap Road
Clarkesville, GA 30523Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glenella.com/our-restaurant/
- Phone: 7067547295x
- Hours of Operation:
Evenings: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Beginning in September, our restaurant will be closed most Sunday and Monday evenings with a few exceptions. Please contact the restaurant directly to confirm availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Bill Wilder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room is available in the inn"s restaurant which will accommodate up to 35 people. For larger groups, 35 to 140 people, we offer our spacious outdoor open air pavilion. The pavilion has drop down clear view panels as well as heaters for use during winter months. Dozens of menu offerings are available for larger groups providing the ability to create a personalized menu for your group. Facility fee or minimum food charges may be applicable.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Brunen 7067547295x
- Special Events: Please call directly for Thanksgiving Buffet reservations 2014.
A word from Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant
Glen-Ella Springs Inn Restaurant is open to the public and inn guests beginning at 5:30 pm. Offering one of the finest dining experiences in North Georgia mountains, the restaurant prepares American Continental cuisine with a Southern flare. The setting is rustic, yet elegant and features fireside and outdoor dining depending on the season. Recognized as one of the Top Dining Destinations in the state, Glen-Ella Springs Inn has long been recognized as a north Georgia favorite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Clarkesville ›
Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (35)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (22)scenic view (21)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The food was good. My macadamia chicken over mashed potatoes with grilled squash was very good. My wife's beef tenderloin was average at best. Very quaint and neat but overpriced. Our waitress, Eryn(?) was exceptional.Special Features:
- Always fabulous...........JoJoDined on 10/14/2014This is the "must go to" place for all my visitors.........tucked away in the beautiful mountains.......outstanding food (especially the rack of lamb)....never disappoints in any way...........fascinating history.........beautiful gardens...........just perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AurelioDined on 10/11/2014This was Cynthia and I's 5th stay at Glen-Ella Inn. Each time we throughly enjoy our dining experience at their restaurant. Beautiful setting on the outdoor patio, good service, great dinner and the homemade peanut butter, brownie ice cream for desert is amazing!Special Features:
- simply delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The dining experience at Glen Ella was just remarkable. The food was scrumptious. The wine was velvety, and the molten chocolate cake was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great secretPerry2Dined on 10/10/2014If you have never been here, you owe it to yourself to find it and go. Steeped in history, this is a wonderful place to go visit. The restaurant is fabulous and this is the best dining experience in NE Georgia. Great food and great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014A very pleasant experience. Dinner was excellent, the atmosphere very relaxing and the gardens outstanding. Our server was always there at the right time nod took excellent Looking forward to many more visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014We love Glen Ella, we have been coming for years. It is a very special place in the foothills of Georgia. A great place with wonderful food. We also think Mariah is incredible hope she will be a part of Glen Ella for a long time. She does a great job for the owners.Special Features:
- A GemJackDined on 9/10/2014Glen Ella Springs Inn Restaurant is a special place with great food and a wonderful ambience. I know of no place that is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Anniversary DinnereatinggeorgiaDined on 9/6/2014Visited Glenn-Ella for an anniversary dinner with my wife. There are not a lot of fine restaurants North of Gainesville, GA so the choices are limited for a fine dinning experience. Overall Glenn-Ella deliver, with a few quirks. - Location in a rustic area of North Georgia. - Food was very good, but short of "foodie" quality. Wife had a chicken pasta special, which was tasty, but the sauce was a bit too thick. I had a seafood special, with Monkfish that was cooked excellent, although it was breaded and fried. Pan seared would have been better. - Service was very good. Server was eager. - Decent wine list, although only a few "by glass" options. Overall this is a great place to dine if in the North Georgia mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingRxendoDined on 8/27/2014Great value, secluded, friendly, and unique. Go early to experience the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the Beaten PathOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014An evening at Glen Ella is worth the drive. Your car will get dusty, but you will wash your car and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous scenery and a great mealMissyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Always a wonderful experience here. The rack of lamb is a must! We sat outside overlooking th gardens and watched deer frolic in the lawn while dining I. Delicious fare. Doesn't get any better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AmbianceJackDined on 8/13/2014A good restaurant on Bear Gap? Yes, absolutely! Bear Gap Road has the best restaurant for miles around. And, the people who run it are super nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb experienceWowedDined on 8/9/2014The food was world class and the wait staff was extremely attentive.Special Features:
- Great!JackDined on 7/30/2014Wonderful meal in a neat place--better than ever! The outside garden was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cutting EdgePerfectDined on 7/26/2014"Heirloom Tomato" Saturday. Everything picked that day, talk about farm to table. Heirloom tomatos worked perfectly into most dishs as well as featured dishes. In addition Ed and Luci the owners are there to see to it that all goes perfectly. How can you beat that. A must go, and you must stay over.Special Features:
- Always Wonderfullove2eatDined on 7/25/2014Just ALWAYS great, in every way. We have enjoyed dinner there several times a year and we have NEVER been sorry we went. We bring house guests there often and everyone always tells us how great the food is.Special Features:
- Repeat visitorScorpVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have a summer residence near Glen-Ella and always look forward to returning. The food is consistently wonderful, the service always attentive, and the garden views unmatched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMSUgirl1946Dined on 7/17/2014Drove out for my birthday dinner. Pretty setting and nice inexpensive wine list. Only wine and beer. Husband had mediocre French soup and my smoked salmon appetizer good. Salmon dinner was awful..no seasoning, cold rice and overcooked cold broccoli. Desserts poor too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Great out of the way place. We love Glen Ella!! You feel like you have been transformed to another time. So relaxing when you get to their door. Beautiful views from the terrace while dining. Meria (the host) is incredibly accommodating.Special Features:
- Glen Ella Springs Chef Bill ExcelspickyomnivoreDined on 7/11/2014Food is superb. I suggest going early, 6PM or so, and sitting on the patio outdoors. Flowers, birds, humming birds and bees will entertain you almost as much as the excellent food, prepared by Chef Bill. Just go with his special, finish with a sorbet. Mmmmm.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014We were not sure there a restaurant of any kind would materialize in the middle of the forest Google Maps was taking us through. But it did at the last minuter and it was wonderful! A beautiful English Garden lies behind this historic inn, the prefect match for the charming ambiance of inside. Food was exceptional. Overall a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDjayeDined on 7/1/2014Took a friend there for a special birthday. Food was delicious, nice ambiance and excellence service. And, the crème brulee was the piece de resistance! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The following 95 reviews are from the Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food, Top Qualitylove2eatDined on 6/7/2014We dine here about 5 times a year and have been doing so for several years. We have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!JoJoDined on 6/7/2014Always a wonderful experience in a beautiful setting........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExcellentLocalTUGalDined on 5/31/2014All fabulous! Great atmosphere, setting, and service. Everything is always really delicious, but my favorite is the Lamb Chops. Best in North Georgia in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Restaurantmac3Dined on 5/29/2014The restaurant at Glen Ella Springs Hotel is excellent. The grounds and historical building are beautiful. We loved the twiggy and whimsical garden off of the back deck. We were seated at the exact time of our Open Table reservation by very friendly and professional folks. The food kinda had a farm to fork flavor with a foodie twist! Excellent menu choices and the cinnamon ice cream with bread pudding was inspired. Mary and I both had the salmon as we split the plate as we just can't eat large portions. There was no problem having the entree split. In summary, beautiful venue, great service (inn host dropped by our table for a nice chat) delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJackDined on 5/9/2014Glen-Ella Springs restaurant is a quiet place with outstanding food. It is located in a pristine Blue Ridge mountain valley. The ambiance takes a person back in time but the food brings you right up to date. A wonderful place for adults to enjoy dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going to Glen EllacarpdiemDined on 5/9/2014What a wonderful location in the woods with beautiful gardens. It's our go to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and tasty...LikestoeatoutDined on 5/2/2014Great location and good food. Nothing else matters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindMB123Dined on 4/26/2014Both entrees we ordered--chicken and grouper--were amazing. Even the spinach salad was top-notch. Excellent food, very good service, and reasonable prices. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!RudytudyDined on 4/15/2014Our dinner at Glen-Ella Springs was out of this world!! We enjoyed the crab cakes, fresh salad, the sorbet (nice touch) and entrees of chicken and beef medallions! The service was excellent, and the atmosphere was perfect for a quiet dinner. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Glen Ella has been one of our favorite local restaurants for years. Their lamb is simply out of this world. The rural landscape and rustic ambiance is charming. The owners and staff are friendly. and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night outmgeelaiDined on 3/29/2014The food was fantastic! Even the breakfast was amazing! My boyfriend is a chef, and he definitely enjoyed it. We also loved the cranberry sorbet. We wanted more! Thank you for a wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality cuisine in the mountainspickyomnivoreDined on 3/22/2014Go early in the evening when it is quiet. We did 5:30 on Saturday evening. Sit on the patio. Slip the cat some fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT AMBIANCEFOXgoersDined on 3/21/2014You'll always find good food here, along with a wonderful atmosphere, whether you're sharing the evening with a loved one or with special friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going to Glen EllacarpdiemDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I have been going to Glen Ella Springs for dinner for many years, maybe 20 years. I love the location, down a dirt road. Our visit on March 6, was for my birthday. I invited 8 people plus my husband and myself. It was the perfect place to celebrate my big birthday. Thanks Glen Ella!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GE is one of a kind!cornelia2000Dined on 2/22/2014We took two dear friends out for dinner at GE to repay their kindness and hospitality when we couldn't be with family over the holidays due to weather and illness. We are so glad we chose GE as a place to do that. The food was fantastic (as it always is) and the service equally so. My husband had his favorite, shrimp and grits dish, and said it was better then ever. I had the special which was halibut with jasmine infused rice and it was lovely. Our guests had salmon and chicken respectively and thoroughly enjoyed them. We had brie in pastry with sliced apples drizzled with caramel for an appetizer and it was perfect to share. Dessert was key lime pie, another favorite of my husbands, and it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.RabunRayVIPDined on 2/22/2014We have a house at Lake Rabun and had not been to Glen Ella in several years. In our earlier visit the food was fine, but in this visit, the food was outstanding. Creative dishes, substantial servings, lots of good vegetables. A number of good choices on the wine list at a substantial discount to prices in Atlanta restaurants. Finally, and best: a warm welcome, excellent and friendly service. We will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceMarkar03Dined on 2/15/2014All the food was great. We stayed at the inn and the restaurant alone will keep us coming back. The Valentines special menu was very good and the portions were generous for such high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.