Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant
1789 Bear Gap Road
Clarkesville, GA 30523Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glenella.com/our-restaurant/
- Phone: 7067547295x
- Hours of Operation:
Evenings: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Beginning in September, our restaurant will be closed most Sunday and Monday evenings with a few exceptions. Please contact the restaurant directly to confirm availability.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Bill Wilder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room is available in the inn"s restaurant which will accommodate up to 35 people. For larger groups, 35 to 140 people, we offer our spacious outdoor open air pavilion. The pavilion has drop down clear view panels as well as heaters for use during winter months. Dozens of menu offerings are available for larger groups providing the ability to create a personalized menu for your group. Facility fee or minimum food charges may be applicable.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Brunen 7067547295x
- Special Events: Please call directly for Thanksgiving Buffet reservations 2014.
A word from Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant
Glen-Ella Springs Inn Restaurant is open to the public and inn guests beginning at 5:30 pm. Offering one of the finest dining experiences in North Georgia, the restaurant prepares American Continental cuisine with a Southern flare. The setting is rustic, yet elegant and features fireside and outdoor dining depending on the season. Recognized as one of the Top Dining Destinations in the state, Glen-Ella Springs Inn has long been recognized as a north Georgia favorite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Clarkesville ›
Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (30)romantic (25)scenic view (21)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Off the Beaten PathOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014An evening at Glen Ella is worth the drive. Your car will get dusty, but you will wash your car and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous scenery and a great mealMissyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Always a wonderful experience here. The rack of lamb is a must! We sat outside overlooking th gardens and watched deer frolic in the lawn while dining I. Delicious fare. Doesn't get any better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AmbianceJackDined on 8/13/2014A good restaurant on Bear Gap? Yes, absolutely! Bear Gap Road has the best restaurant for miles around. And, the people who run it are super nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014The food was world class and the wait staff was extremely attentive.Special Features:
- Great!JackDined on 7/30/2014Wonderful meal in a neat place--better than ever! The outside garden was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cutting EdgePerfectDined on 7/26/2014"Heirloom Tomato" Saturday. Everything picked that day, talk about farm to table. Heirloom tomatos worked perfectly into most dishs as well as featured dishes. In addition Ed and Luci the owners are there to see to it that all goes perfectly. How can you beat that. A must go, and you must stay over.Special Features:
- Always Wonderfullove2eatDined on 7/25/2014Just ALWAYS great, in every way. We have enjoyed dinner there several times a year and we have NEVER been sorry we went. We bring house guests there often and everyone always tells us how great the food is.Special Features:
- Repeat visitorScorpVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have a summer residence near Glen-Ella and always look forward to returning. The food is consistently wonderful, the service always attentive, and the garden views unmatched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMSUgirl1946Dined on 7/17/2014Drove out for my birthday dinner. Pretty setting and nice inexpensive wine list. Only wine and beer. Husband had mediocre French soup and my smoked salmon appetizer good. Salmon dinner was awful..no seasoning, cold rice and overcooked cold broccoli. Desserts poor too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Great out of the way place. We love Glen Ella!! You feel like you have been transformed to another time. So relaxing when you get to their door. Beautiful views from the terrace while dining. Meria (the host) is incredibly accommodating.Special Features:
- Glen Ella Springs Chef Bill ExcelspickyomnivoreDined on 7/11/2014Food is superb. I suggest going early, 6PM or so, and sitting on the patio outdoors. Flowers, birds, humming birds and bees will entertain you almost as much as the excellent food, prepared by Chef Bill. Just go with his special, finish with a sorbet. Mmmmm.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014We were not sure there a restaurant of any kind would materialize in the middle of the forest Google Maps was taking us through. But it did at the last minuter and it was wonderful! A beautiful English Garden lies behind this historic inn, the prefect match for the charming ambiance of inside. Food was exceptional. Overall a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDjayeDined on 7/1/2014Took a friend there for a special birthday. Food was delicious, nice ambiance and excellence service. And, the crème brulee was the piece de resistance! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Food, Top Qualitylove2eatDined on 6/7/2014We dine here about 5 times a year and have been doing so for several years. We have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!JoJoDined on 6/7/2014Always a wonderful experience in a beautiful setting........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExcellentLocalTUGalDined on 5/31/2014All fabulous! Great atmosphere, setting, and service. Everything is always really delicious, but my favorite is the Lamb Chops. Best in North Georgia in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Restaurantmac3Dined on 5/29/2014The restaurant at Glen Ella Springs Hotel is excellent. The grounds and historical building are beautiful. We loved the twiggy and whimsical garden off of the back deck. We were seated at the exact time of our Open Table reservation by very friendly and professional folks. The food kinda had a farm to fork flavor with a foodie twist! Excellent menu choices and the cinnamon ice cream with bread pudding was inspired. Mary and I both had the salmon as we split the plate as we just can't eat large portions. There was no problem having the entree split. In summary, beautiful venue, great service (inn host dropped by our table for a nice chat) delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJackDined on 5/9/2014Glen-Ella Springs restaurant is a quiet place with outstanding food. It is located in a pristine Blue Ridge mountain valley. The ambiance takes a person back in time but the food brings you right up to date. A wonderful place for adults to enjoy dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going to Glen EllacarpdiemDined on 5/9/2014What a wonderful location in the woods with beautiful gardens. It's our go to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and tasty...LikestoeatoutDined on 5/2/2014Great location and good food. Nothing else matters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindMB123Dined on 4/26/2014Both entrees we ordered--chicken and grouper--were amazing. Even the spinach salad was top-notch. Excellent food, very good service, and reasonable prices. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 87 reviews are from the Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant reviews archive.
- Yum!RudytudyDined on 4/15/2014Our dinner at Glen-Ella Springs was out of this world!! We enjoyed the crab cakes, fresh salad, the sorbet (nice touch) and entrees of chicken and beef medallions! The service was excellent, and the atmosphere was perfect for a quiet dinner. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Glen Ella has been one of our favorite local restaurants for years. Their lamb is simply out of this world. The rural landscape and rustic ambiance is charming. The owners and staff are friendly. and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night outmgeelaiDined on 3/29/2014The food was fantastic! Even the breakfast was amazing! My boyfriend is a chef, and he definitely enjoyed it. We also loved the cranberry sorbet. We wanted more! Thank you for a wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality cuisine in the mountainspickyomnivoreDined on 3/22/2014Go early in the evening when it is quiet. We did 5:30 on Saturday evening. Sit on the patio. Slip the cat some fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT AMBIANCEFOXgoersDined on 3/21/2014You'll always find good food here, along with a wonderful atmosphere, whether you're sharing the evening with a loved one or with special friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love going to Glen EllacarpdiemDined on 3/6/2014My husband and I have been going to Glen Ella Springs for dinner for many years, maybe 20 years. I love the location, down a dirt road. Our visit on March 6, was for my birthday. I invited 8 people plus my husband and myself. It was the perfect place to celebrate my big birthday. Thanks Glen Ella!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GE is one of a kind!cornelia2000Dined on 2/22/2014We took two dear friends out for dinner at GE to repay their kindness and hospitality when we couldn't be with family over the holidays due to weather and illness. We are so glad we chose GE as a place to do that. The food was fantastic (as it always is) and the service equally so. My husband had his favorite, shrimp and grits dish, and said it was better then ever. I had the special which was halibut with jasmine infused rice and it was lovely. Our guests had salmon and chicken respectively and thoroughly enjoyed them. We had brie in pastry with sliced apples drizzled with caramel for an appetizer and it was perfect to share. Dessert was key lime pie, another favorite of my husbands, and it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.RabunRayVIPDined on 2/22/2014We have a house at Lake Rabun and had not been to Glen Ella in several years. In our earlier visit the food was fine, but in this visit, the food was outstanding. Creative dishes, substantial servings, lots of good vegetables. A number of good choices on the wine list at a substantial discount to prices in Atlanta restaurants. Finally, and best: a warm welcome, excellent and friendly service. We will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceMarkar03Dined on 2/15/2014All the food was great. We stayed at the inn and the restaurant alone will keep us coming back. The Valentines special menu was very good and the portions were generous for such high quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningBarbDined on 2/14/2014We had a delightful Valentine's dinner here and were placed, as requested on Open Table, next to one of the fireplaces. The rack of lamb was perfectly cooked and the seafood and pasta was delicious. Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceLarooVIPDined on 1/4/2014There are very few good restaurants in the Lake Rabun/Lake Burton area, but this is one of them. The ambience is wonderful. We were there on a cold winter night, and the fireplaces and warm surroundings of the late 19th century inn were perfect. The wait staff is attentive and well trained, and the other people we met were friendly. The food was good but not excellent. Appetizers were a very good French onion soup and nice crab cakes -- properly prepared but nothing special. Beef tenderloin (cooked as requested), with excellent potatoes and OK green beans, and my wife had some delicious lamb chops. But the side dishes and sauces were barely warm. Good wine list. The kitchen had an off night but we definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome! Had theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Food was awesome! Had the lobster tails for New Year's Eve and they melted in our mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/13/2013My husband and brother had the New Zealand lamb - it was excellently prepared. I had the special of the day, monkfish, which was very good. My sister and her husband had the beef tenderloin and it was also very good.Special Features:
- Way to go...MykePiazzaVIPDined on 11/27/2013Two members of our party ordered the scallops (OK we are in the mountains so what were they thinking?) Actually the scallops were fine but the bacon they were wrapped in was too hard. The server noticed that most of the dish went untouched. She immediately offered to remove them from our bill and asked if we wanted something else. We were fine and grateful. Within minutes the manager came by and apologized. That won major points, but in the name of above and beyond they actually called me on Thanksgiving Day to apologize. We had a good meal, well priced wine, and enjoyed the setting. I'd highly recommend you give them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013Always a great experience. Wonderful food, impeccable service and beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not knock socks offnotexcitedDined on 11/22/20131 had - French Onion soup - loved it! 2 had Taco Soup - too spicy - tasted it later that night. 3 had Trout, 1 had Salmon; all had terrific flavor but, all were cooked too long and were dried out.. Expected and wanted a remember able dinner - it wasn't and it wasn't worth it.
- Great mealLocalDined on 11/14/2013We had a later reservation on an off-night. Food was great. Service was friendly and attentive. It was our anniversary, so we also received a small gift. We'll definitely go again, and take friends. Be aware this is located on a gravel road, don't think you're lost. Best access is from Hwy 441.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindHayes2Dined on 11/12/2013Have been here for events with heavy horderves which were very good. Heard someone say their restaurant service and food was also very good. So for our 42nd. anniversary we decided to try it out. We had a nice quite evening sitting by the fire place on a cold night with great food. Can't get any better than that ! Would certainlly reccomend it Glen-Ella to anyone. This is also a great Bed & Breakfast if your looking for a nice quite spot in the mountains with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gem!SCJeanDined on 10/31/2013The Glen Ella Springs restaurant was absolutely wonderful!! Everything we ate was delicious and well prepared. The staff was very attentive. We highly recommend it!Special Features: