Glass Woods Tavern - Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
2 Albany Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Glass Woods Tavern - Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://newbrunswick.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 7328672300
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: George Crea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room that can accommodate up to 16 guests. We showcase family-style dinner menus perfect for family gatherings, rehearsal dinners, or business meetings. We can also customize limited menus to fit your groups' special needs.
- Private Party Contact: Jillian Fennen 7328672271
- Entertainment: PS3, Nintendo Wii & Tap and App happy hour
- Special Events: Join us on selected Wednesday nights at 7:30pm for LIVE JAZZ! Call for details. Wednesday, Auguest 3, 2011 The Ralph Bowen Quartet from 7:30pm -10:30pm NO COVER Wednesday, August 10, 2011 Laura Hull & her Jazz Gems 7:30pm -10:30pm NO COVER Wednesday, August 24, 2011 The Vanessa Perea Band 7:30pm-10:30pm NO COVER THE NEW BRUNSWICK JAZZ PROJECT Bringing Great Jazz to Central Jersey
A word from Glass Woods Tavern - Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Glass Woods Tavern provides a unique dining experience, unlike any other. Enjoy specialty menu items which feature regional American cuisine, while experiencing exceptional service by our attentive staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Glass Woods Tavern - Hyatt Regency New Brunswick reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Ok but InconsistentPNLDVIPDined on 7/9/2014This is actually not a bad place food-wise; but as far as the service goes, this place is inconsistent with its service. One night you might come in and have someone stay on top of your service and the next you'll have someone disappear on you for large chunks of time. We experienced the latter even though the restaurant wasn't busy. Another thing to note is that the menu is very limited. I get that it's a hotel restaurant, but having a new special per week to choose from might be a nice change of pace.Special Features:
- Only during severe weatherHerkyVIPDined on 5/27/2014The only reason that I went here was that there was a thunderstorm and I couldn't leave the hotel. Surly service, over-salted food, hotel lobby ambience; not much to recommend.
- The food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Not sure if I was there on a slow night but it seemed like the bartenders were also the ones taking food orders. There was no one at the entrance to greet or seat us. There were a lot of television, perhaps too many. But the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- The following 101 reviews are from the Glass Woods Tavern - Hyatt Regency New Brunswick reviews archive.
- Hotel Happy PlaceOperavoreDined on 5/16/2014Meeting friends here for dinner was a good choice as it was centrally located and parking in the hotel garage was very reasonable. Close to theaters makes it good for before or after a show. Ultra modern atmosphere a bit cool rather than cozy but a cheerful waiter haloed warm it up. The service was a bit slow however due to a major event in the ballroom, which probably backed up the kitchen. Very good filet mignon although menu selections were limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngieDined on 5/14/2014Great for a breakfast meeting. the food was good and the noise level was moderate.
- ConvenientJohnBorisDined on 5/2/2014We were at a conference and decided to stay in for dinner. Had the Lobster Mac & Cheese which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latelunchVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great brunch/ breakfast. Omelette are creative and nicely prepped to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service once seatedJasonKDined on 4/24/2014We had to wonder around to find a waitor, and we noticed others did to, but once seated the customer service was great and the food was amazing. We both ordered the steak and it was perfectly cooked. A little on the pricer side. Great date night venue.Special Features:
- A new iterationallenVIPDined on 4/9/2014We have dined at the Hyatt times over the years, with changing menus and decor. This time was pleasntly different. We were seated immediately upon arrival, although the restaurant appeared busier than usual; our greeter was very gracious. Our server quickly proffered menus and told us the evening's specials, The menu appeared limited, but that was deceptive--there are choices for just about about any taste. The prices were reasonable, although the wine was a little pricey, though delicious. The food arrived promptly, and at the proper temperature, and was brought by a very ebullient server. The food was very good. FYI, the 'small plates" aren't that small---my wife had 2 of them, and had trouble finishing her meal. Great staff.Special Features:
- Unexpected Great Hotel RestaurantBruceBrechtDined on 3/29/2014The service and food was exceptional. The dishes were creative and had tremendous flavor. I had the Seafood Bisque which was perfect with alot of meat and the base was exquisite. The Sea Bass dish is not you usual. It was in what they called a salsa but it was so much more. My fiancé had a fresh salad and the Filet Mignon in a Knob Creek sauce that was amazing. We suggest the carrot cake for dessert which we split because they do give you a lot of food. The waitress was phenomenonal and very attentive. The only drawback is parking and walking or an 18$ valet charge. If your in the area for a night out then that is negligible. One note is they are going thriugh a menu change so ask for the lunch menu also which I ordered from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueBobtoniDined on 2/14/2014Good place to go for special occasions. They offer special menus. Good value for your hard earned money......and it gets away from the sometimes hustle bustle of other New Brunswick restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place never disappointsveros925Dined on 2/2/2014This is one of my favorite places to go for a drink to unwind or to get a simply great tasting meal. My brunch experience was awesome. The buffet has wonderful options including juice and coffe for only $19. That can't be beat. Omelettes made to order, fruit pancakes, potatoes, fruits, cheese, danish, cereal, bagels...you name it! I chose the eggs Benedict off the a la carte menu and it was perfectly prepared. Lattes are splendid as well. Will always come back here...love love love!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, UnderstaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/24/2014Was there on a Friday night and we were a party of three. Ordered a chicken panini but got the soprasetta panini. It was good but not what I ordered and since it took a long time to arrive I didn't complain. Ordered a beer before food arrived and after finishing my meal told the waitress to forget about it. Good food but very disorganizedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Passing through the area onjoe2VIPDined on 12/12/2013Passing through the area on the way home. Very pleasantly surprised.d The food was delicious. Recommend the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a hotel tavern. I usuallyJuliaDined on 12/12/2013It is a hotel tavern. I usually have very low expactations for hotel dining (pricey, not good). The dish I've ordered (red snapper) was excelently done and not very expensive - $24. I may eat there again on my next trip.
- Very pleasant eveningAndyDined on 12/8/2013We had an early Sunday evening reservation and were the only ones in the restaurant. In spite of that, the server was attentive and the manager stopped by several times to check on us. Food was excellent. Overall, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Standard hotel restaurant fareRun2eatVIPDined on 11/19/2013Visited Glass Woods as a midpoint between two groups getting together for dinner. My daughter and I had salads and some very good New England Clam chowder. Service was a bit slow, even with the restaurant not crowded. Prices were average for the area. I would consider returning if I was in the area - there are lots of other choices.
- InconsistentPNLDVIPDined on 11/15/2013When things are clicking, this place is very, very good. However, on any given night, it's been inconsistent. For instance, sometimes there is a hostess to greet you and other times you pretty much have to flag down a server to get a table. Some days you get a bread basket and some days you don't. And some nights the food quality just isn't there either, which is a sham because the menu is rather promising. Last comment--they have a nice sized party room, but on the night we dined there, they left the door open and the people in the party room were LOUD. not sure why that door couldn't have been closed to mute the sound, as the people in there were shrieking. If this place can become consistent, I'd be happy to increase my rating.
- Hotel Restaurant say no moreTravelerDined on 10/2/2013Asked about the wine on the list they came back with two bottles and said we only have these...... Food was OK, but the place was dead, no one there.... Don't go there...unless you are staying in the hotel and can't make it out
- Pleasantly SurprisedSecoco1975VIPDined on 8/31/2013We booked this on a whim because it was a 1000 point reservation and were won over by the quality and care in which everyday favorites were prepared. The Chicken Tortilla Soup is a meal in itself and the Lobster Pot Pie was out of this world, with the most delicious crust laden with fresh whole thyme sprigs. Everything was fresh and fabulous. Very quiet atmosphere probably due to us being there on a holiday weekend but it won't deter us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitress couldn't wait to leavesmcgDined on 8/29/2013some of my group were still eating, I for one had my fork in hand and she removed my plate about half my meal was left. only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favveros925Dined on 8/24/2013The drinks are great & the waitress is always fast & on point. This is one of my favorite spots for a quick bite & drink, or to sit & have long conversation. Beautiful decor & very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I chose the Glass Woods byOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013I chose the Glass Woods by recommendation of Opentable and was not disappointed. It was a nice spot to meet with friends and have a quiet evening over a delicious dinner reasonably priced without the stress of having to leave after taking the last bite of dinner. The food was very good for a hotel lobby restaurant. Our waitress was exceptional friendly, helpful and made the evening even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Fav'sveros925Dined on 8/8/2013Love the duck fat fries and seafood chowder. There are chunks of seafood in the chowder, very filling. The drinks are great & the waitress is always fast & on point. This is one of my favorite spots for a quick bite & drink, or to sit & have long conversation. Beautiful decor & very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceveros925Dined on 7/27/2013Food was great, drinks were awesome, and excellent service. Will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- Somewhat upscale hotel diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2013Our party of 3 tried Glass Woods during restaurant week. We felt the $25 menu was very reasonable for the meal we had. The corn soup shooter and crab cake were both fresh tasting and delicious, however we would have loved a larger portion as they were the best thing on the menu. One of us had the chicken entree, which was a bit on the salty side but otherwise tasty, and the other 2 chose the flat iron steak with wine sauce which was a disappointment - the meat was bland and the sauce didn't help. The blueberry cobbler was the better dessert, as the red velvet mashed potato cake was too sweet. Overall, we enjoyed most of our dinner, however if we dined here again we definitely would not choose the steak.
- Go for Happy Hourmnp3Dined on 7/19/2013We went for Restaurant Week. The appetizers were great, entrees decent, dessert was way too sweet. It was a nice value for everything we got, but the best part of the meal was really the drinks. Cocktails are well-made and strong. Nice atmosphere at the bar but unmistakably a hotel restaurant in the dining section; cheap-looking booths and things like that. Open-air atmosphere is OK, but makes it impossible to forget that you are in the lobby of the Hyatt.
- A little lonelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2013We were a party of four and had 6:30 reservations for a Saturday night. We were the only ones there until after 8, at which point only one other couple arrived. The food was very good and reasonably priced, the service very accommodating. However, I'm always a bit leery when a restaurant has such little patronage. Perhaps it's because the restaurant is small and tucked back in the hotel lobby, but whatever the reason, I prefer a livelier atmosphere. That said, in other regards it was more than adequate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance at GlasswoodNickyDined on 6/16/2013The ambiance at Glasswood is very contemporary& inviting & would be a great place to get together with friends for a small group or a lg party. The food tasted fresh & looked appealing. The service was ok, took along time to get our order even though it was only two other tables open at the time (total of 6 people). I was there on Father's day in the afternoon, I would like to return & see what it is like at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable Father's Day mealHS9595Dined on 6/16/2013We took our father and grandfather for Father's Day. The restaurant was lovely inside and not overcrowded. Service was prompt and the food was all delicious. I had the crab cake sandwich and it was easily one of the best crab cakes I've had. Everyone had a great time and we would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Nice alternativeMouseyDined on 5/12/2013This was a nice change of pace from the normal New Brunswick eateries. The food was very good, the prices reasonable and the service impeccable. We told the server we had theater tickets and the food arrived in time, we even had time for a cup of coffee before leaving for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch Service, Kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013The brunch had a wide variety of fresh and tasty items. It was served in a beautiful open atrium, so even though there were a lot of people there it did not seem crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service poor, server verysp3cialVIPDined on 5/11/2013Service poor, server very distracted. Food good but nothing special. Drinks overpriced. Very noisy from wedding right outside restaurant.
- Exceptional seafood and cornTrojanVIPDined on 4/18/2013Exceptional seafood and corn bisque/chowder...a must.
- enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/8/2013great service, comfortable place and fresh seafoodSpecial Features:
- Went for Easter Brunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Went for Easter Brunch and was pleasantly surprised - had a choice of Ballroom or Glass Woods Tavern - since we were three adults chose the tavern - what a wonderful atmosphere and enjoyable experience. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- First time there and didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013First time there and didn't know what to expect. What a wonderful meal. Every course was wonderful! The prices are a bit higher than we usually spend, but we both agreed that it is worth saving up for a special occassion. We will definately return.Special Features:
- Great service. Good food.suchafoodieVIPDined on 1/12/2013Great service. Good food. Incredibly helpful and accommodating staff.
- We found this to be the nicestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We found this to be the nicest restaurant in New Brunswick. We have tried other highly rated ones in town, but this was the best. The wait staff was exceptional and the environment felt very clean. The fact that they were open for Christmas Dinner was great too.Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise!FoodivoreDined on 12/22/2012What a pleasant surprise! We needed a restaurant that served lunch before going to a matinee at the State Theatre. Glass Woods Tavern fit the bill. Definitely going back!Special Features: