Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel
119 Falls Avenue
Hawley, PA 18428Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ledgeshotel.com/glasswine.htm
- Phone: 5702261337x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 4:30pm Wed-Sunday
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 9pm
Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel
Small plates ideal for sharing are featured at our Pocono Mountains hotel wine bar & kitchen "Glass." We feature an "All American Beer and Wine" selection, with emphasis on American spirits. In addition to exceptional quality food guests will enjoy stunning views of the river gorge falls in the panoramic dining room and decks at "Glass." The history of the O'Connor Glass Factory accents the decor of dining room areas with original glass mold prints and displays incorporating the historical features of Ledges Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel - Best Restaurants in Hawley ›
Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (79)great for outdoor dining (68)romantic (50)fit for foodies (46)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (23)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Glass - wine. bar. kitchenmomofthreeDined on 8/30/2014Best kept secret in Hawley, PA! We vacation in the area frequently and decided to give it a try. Great music on Friday nights, yummy small plates to share, great views, warm and cozy fire-pits. We loved it so much we went back again the next day. Waiters both days were fabulous! Extremely knowledgeable of all of the foods being offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend. Great menuMschiaDined on 8/29/2014Great ambiance. The tapas menu had really good choices. The service was awesome and staff really friendly. Had after dinner drinks on the upper deck with good music by Kevin Champion. The upper deck bartender provided awesome service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, poor serviceeagereaterDined on 8/28/2014Confirmed outdoor table by phone and web site but not available upon arrival. Our table was given to another party that arrived AFTER we did. Ordered drinks including a bottle of wine. It took about 15 minutes for the wine to arrive but cocktails were not served until 10 minutes after the wine. Food took about another 20 minutes so overall.....meal took 2 hours.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatTWhite4VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food, Service, Ambiance, this place is the best in the Poconos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is only the start!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I happened upon Glass randomly while trying to find someplace special for our last night of vacation. Very pleased with the experience. Great cocktails and a terrific menu whether you are a group or a couple. Varied and creative. We loved the chicken and waffles, and the goat cheese with blueberries starter. Service was very friendly and informative. We welcomed info on the beautiful location, and suggestions for food. Our server enthusiastically advised on all. Patio (check out the other patios!) is an amazing spot. The bar inside is really beautiful, too. Great place. So glad we found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014A beautiful setting with delicious food. We will definitely visit again and will be highly recommended!Special Features:
- Hidden GemSWJKPADined on 8/15/2014Are we impressed with Glass! We were greeted by Bill who welcomed us with open arms and proceeded to seat us on the covered deck which overlooks the area falls. Our server, Becky, was quickly table side to offer us menus and discuss our drink orders. After a perfect Cosmo and Manhattan, we ordered from the small plate side of the menu so as to taste different items. Dates wrapped in bacon, onion soup bites, margarita flatbread, and Mac and cheese-all with local cheeses, veggies, and fruit! My husband and I both said that each one was even better than the previous(which were fabulous!). Throughout our meal, Bill, Becky, and other staff were attentive and helpful! Dessert was truly amazing-brownie with sea salt and PB whip and cannoli. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a Wonderful ExperienceBeegeeDined on 8/14/2014Just came back from the Poconos and have to say that Glass was one of our favorite things that we did when we were there. Great food, service and atmosphere. The view of the falls was just beautiful and the singer we had this past Thursday night was fantastic. Made for a great night!!Special Features:
- Blues NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014We really enjoyed the food at the Blues, Brews and BBQ. Great ribs and all the sides were delicious. Susquehanna brewing was sampling a great lemon shandy beer that was delicious and refreshing. Service from Josh and all the staff was terrific. Music was great too!Special Features:
- A real nice placeLaurBellDined on 8/9/2014We loved the view at Glass. The food and service was great too. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedFoodie5Dined on 8/9/2014Always loved Glass tapas menu. It's been right up there with some of the best city tapas restaurants. In the past two weeks we dined at Glass twice. We felt the flat breads fell short of the way they were usually prepared--very crispy thin base with homemade sauces. The bread seemed a bit spongy with a Prego-tasting tomato sauce. Sliders were also off as well as chicken and not so crispy waffles. On a positive note, the heirloom caprese tomato salad was excellent as well as the cannoli desserts served in white spoons. We have been very loyal customers since opening and recommend restaurant to many! We will be back but hope for the original delicious and fresh menu to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014What a find! We have owned a second home at the Lake for 13 years and never knew this place existed. We went for my birthday and had a blast!! Wish you were open for lunch!! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and scenicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Excellent food in a great setting. It could be difficult for the food to live up to the unique location on the side of a waterfall, but the delicious small plates we had were up to the test.Special Features:
- Unique SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had dinner here. We heard about the hotel and wanted to book a weekend but were unable to get a room. We decided to make a trip to visit the restaurant at least and get a feel for the place. We sat outside and had a great view of the falls. The staff was great. The menu is very unique, just serving small plates that are appetizer size. There are no full meals so if this is what you are looking for I wouldn't recommend having dinner here. We loved it. Perfect portions to split and we left very full. The wine list is great. If you are looking for some place different I would definitely suggest giving this place a shot. If you go in prepared for the menu I believe you will have a great experience.Special Features:
- Unique / Beautiful / DeliciousNeedownchefDined on 8/1/2014Ledges Tapas Restaurant and Wine Bar was highly recommended by seasonal residents and did not disappoint. We went there for the last night of our holiday for dinner and we're extremely happy we didn't miss going. We shared five dishes between the two of us and was just the right amount.....with enough room for dessert and "coffee". We especially enjoyed the French onion soup bites and beef special (forget name). The atmosphere is very romantic and comfortable, make sure you take time to sit outside by the falls after dinner or for a drink. We were there on a Friday night so had the added bonus of a live band playing outside from 8-10pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendCyberplugDined on 8/1/2014The best place in the area, great menu, natural waterfall, great for special occasions,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific tapas experienceFoodchickDined on 7/31/2014Mac n cheese was to die for. Ours was with bacon, basil, spinach and tomatoes. Other faves were the onion soup bites and the chicken lollipops. Great food and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEllenDined on 7/30/2014We were looking forward to our dinner here but ended up very disappointed. Although we were seated on the outdoor deck we were in the middle and had only a slight view of the scenery. Our waitress did a good job bit most of the food was fair and the open face crab club was a soggy mess. The bread was sitting in a pool of liquid and not very tasty. It was loud and three different gentlemen near our table were wearing heavy cologne. Altogether a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great!zingirlDined on 7/30/2014We Love going to Ledges. This is a great place to go with a small group so you can order numerous tapas and share. The outdoor dining area is very scenic but we prefer the bar area. Great ambiance and quiet on a Wed. night. This really is a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!!!bzapDined on 7/30/2014Glass was a pleasant surprise!!! The food was creative and the service was excellent. The views of the falls were beautiful and easy to gaze at from any table. We will certainly go there again!Special Features:
- Consistently goodWhiteiris787Dined on 7/25/2014We visit again and again. I enjoy their tasting portions menu. Hubbie will eat the mac skillet without my help :) Its great to have the small bites and be able to share several items. There was live music on one of the decks which made it nice to linger with a glass of wine. Service was super efficient and friendly (thank you Alex) which "friendly" is rare around Wally Lake.Special Features:
- WannyDined on 7/25/2014Beautiful place & presentation of food. Mac & cheese best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food service and scenery great!EnjoylifeDined on 7/18/2014Been here several times. Wanted to bring friends visiting our lake house for the small bite sharing and beautiful view. We were all very pleased with the food, service from Becky out waitress and Michelle the GM. Out friends loved the entire experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced drinks.FoodieManDined on 7/13/2014The drinks are way overpriced. If you stick with the draft beer you're fine. Everything else is too high. $22 for two half full glasses of Cabernet?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful setting, gracious servicetabletesterDined on 7/12/2014This is a wonderful place for outdoor dining. We were in a covered area with open walls. Waterfalls right in front of us. Our waitress was informative and thoughtful. The menu was various small plates-all very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful waterfallscathymDined on 7/12/2014This is a great place to take a drive and enjoy the waterfall while enjoying small plates. The service was great and the vibe cool. They even had a golf cart pick us up in the parking lot and give us a ride up the hill.Special Features:
- Disappointing Food for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014If you are prepared for ordinairy appetizers with lots of bread to nibble on with a glass of wine, you might enjoy eating outdoors at Glass because the waterfalls and terrain is beautiful. The French names and glowing descriptions on the small-plate menu infer gourmet or enticingly tasty food, but it's not. And the size of the offerings vary between less than a tablespoon of duck or smoked fish to a more generous small plate of crab salad. After tasting several plates for dinner there, we felt more full of bread than anything else because each dish is accompanied by many slices of half stale bread, which they call toast, on which you spread the food.Special Features:
- Beautiful views excellent serviceBocaKittyDined on 7/11/2014We had a wonderful evening, sharing lots of different plates. We ordered 2 or 3 rounds of plates for the table and shared. The food is very good, but the portions are small. The view is priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lounge is perfectJohhnny5Dined on 7/11/2014Everyone wants to sit outside, but to be honest, you can enjoy the view before and after your meal. The lounge is cozier and more quiet with the same great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againEasytopleaseDined on 7/11/2014Made my online reservation earlier in the week requesting a table in the outside dining area. We brought guests from out of town to the Ledges so that they could enjoy the lovely ambiance of dining outside. When we arrived we were told by the Hostess/Manager that there was no table available in the outdoor area and we would have to sit indoors. No attempt at all was made to accommodate us with respect to seating. We were given the "party line" of "we try to accommodate people if we can", end of story. My last unacceptable experience at Ledges dining included very poor service. However, I decided to give the Ledges another chance. Disappointed again! There will be no more chances. I am done with this restaurant.Special Features:
- Skip it.hrobertsonVIPDined on 7/5/2014They don't honor reservations for outdoor seating, which is the only reason why I would come to this restaurant - for the nice waterfall view outside. So even though I had made a reservation days in advance, we still ended up waiting 30+ minutes. The food is OK - extremely small portions (1 bite/person) and VERY overpriced for what you get. And I say this as a NYCer who is quite used to paying for overpriced food - at some places it is worth it, here - it is not.
- Wonderful ExperienceQuiltiniDined on 7/5/2014My son and DIL were married here a little over 2 years ago. They haven't been back. We surprised them with a dinner while they were visiting us at our vacation home. On the Open Table comment section, I mentioned their wedding. When we sat down at our table, the wait staff brough over 4 flutes of champagne in celebration. The tapas was delicious and the service was impeccable. Outside seating overlooks a waterfall. Just beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and great serviceNindeeDined on 7/5/2014Views are incredible. Beautiful restaurant-inside and out. Plates are more tapas style, very good but fairly light. NOT for kids, no kids menu. We loved it and will go again. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!SherwineTDined on 6/28/2014A great night out weather was perfect! Waiter was very knowledgeable about the food & wine. Have been here several times all different times of the year...the renovation was just what this place needed! Everything was perfect as always! Always on our list when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but little valueMLyonsDined on 6/28/2014The for was good, but for what you get, there just was no value... $4 for 3 slices of kielbasi? I have no issue paying a lot for a meal, but I need to be able to legitimize it... Here, I just couldn't...Special Features:
- Evening with family and friendsBooknannyDined on 6/26/2014The menu is unusual, but everyone liked their dishes. The service was friendly and efficient. Not sure how handicapped folks could get to dinning area though as you must descend stairs to reach the level where food is served. Call early for reservations if you want outdoor serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting4reviewDined on 6/21/2014I highly recommend this restaurant! We enjoyed sitting outside watching the waterfall. It has the best atmosphere of any restaurant in the area. The small plates makes ordering a little more complicated for special diets if you are planning on sharing but all of the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Our dining experience was fine, but we were disappointed that there was a wedding rehearsal taking place and therefore, could not dine outside and take in the beauty of the waterfalls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting and great foodFoodieDined on 6/14/2014The setting is just wonderful and the small plate menu is perfect for us. The service was great, good timing of food and no hovering. We have been here a number of times and will continue to come back.Special Features:
- First time dining.DonnaBVIPDined on 6/14/2014What a beautiful setting!! Romantic!! Great photo spot!! We enjoyed everything!! Being that it is Tapas, you do need to order several different plates per person to share. That is the fun of Tapas, sharing and tasting everything. Mac & Cheese, Excellent! Cheese plates, Crab Club, Flat Breads...all wonderful! Fabulous service!! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.