Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel
119 Falls Avenue
Hawley, PA 18428Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ledgeshotel.com/glasswine.htm
- Phone: (570) 226-1337
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 4:30pm Wed-Sunday
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 9pm
Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel
Small plates ideal for sharing are featured at our Pocono Mountains hotel wine bar & kitchen "Glass." We feature an "All American Beer and Wine" selection, with emphasis on American spirits. In addition to exceptional quality food guests will enjoy stunning views of the river gorge falls in the panoramic dining room and decks at "Glass." The history of the O'Connor Glass Factory accents the decor of dining room areas with original glass mold prints and displays incorporating the historical features of Ledges Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel - Best Restaurants in Hawley ›
Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (55)great for outdoor dining (44)romantic (34)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (12)late-night find (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ScottDined on 11/14/2014Great food. Small plates. 5-6 plates feeds 2. Wait staff very knowledgeable. Birthday dinner for my wife. We had fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedEatinDined on 11/9/2014The zucchini was fantastic, by far the best tasting part of the meal (it's hard to imagine writing that about a vegtable). The Mac and cheese was good. The mahi mahi and chicken pot pie was not very enjoyable. The seasoning on both these selections was just not good. The servers were very robotic, impersonal and uncomfortable. It made us uncomfortable. We were both ready to leave. I thought the food was overpriced and the service poor.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Glass is in a gorgeous setting. The small plates menu is somewhat limited. They could benefit from a few more seasonal offerings to keep people wondering what will be available the next time. Service was adequate but there was too much chatter.Special Features:
- Gorgeous!mls523Dined on 11/1/2014We had a great time celebrating my husband's 30th birthday. The food was delicious! We opted to eat in the bar area as the dining room was fairly loud. Very comfortable.Special Features:
- Freq weekend stop for us- good foodMareDined on 10/24/2014We go here regularly, love the environment, people are friendly and we recommend it often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tradition for uswineanddineDined on 10/11/2014This is the second year we have returned for dinner. We had a delightful evening trying the various small plates. We really like the shrimp tacos and the mac and cheese. The server was the same person we had the year before and she remembered us. She was extremely helpful and made some good choice for us. The only down side was that when we got the check, no one ever returned to pick up the credit card to pay. We ended up having to go to the bar to pay so we could get out of there.Special Features:
- Great placejjddDined on 10/4/2014I took my wife here for our wedding anniversary. The food was amazing, the outdoor seating was really nice with views looking over the waterfall. The bar was really good - the bartender was able to make a PERFECT martini, and the bartenders were super nice. Really great place, I would very much recomend it.Special Features:
- Uniquely Different ExperienceJohnLDined on 9/27/2014The waiter and hostess were exceptional. The food was less than expected. The cocktail of the day which was a nice intro. The heirloom tomato plate was "chewy". Large tomatoes tend to have woody cores. Later, the flat bread with figs and crab salad served warm. Very nice yet the flavor lacked punch. Menu needs a more inventive flair. We did notice that most diners were ordering "sliders" and "mac and cheese" which for us is mundane. With the seasons bounty of fresh items available this time of year, the chef needs to rethink the menu. A spectacular view of the rock formations and cascading water you would think that it would be better lit during the evening to showcase this feature. It really needs better illumination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get Away WeekendGafferDined on 9/26/2014Glass, a small plate restaurant, has a great selection of dishes in a beautiful location. Our meal and evening were a perfect compliment to our get-away weekend. Our server, Doug, suggested the specials they were running for the beginning of the fall season and they were all wonderful. The chorizo-smoked gouda dip was phenomenal. A great place for any occasion. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAxlmalDined on 9/20/2014A hidden gem in Hawley. Love the beer list, the food is amazing. Our 4th time there but will keep coming back everytime we are in north east PA.Special Features:
- Romantic hidden gemKateandJoeDined on 9/20/2014Stayed in a friends' home for the weekend and found the restaurant on Trip Advisor...the pictures alone made me want to go there with such beautiful scenery and ambiance. the wine list was ok, nothing extraordinary, but good list.. it is very close to Antler Ridge Winery which has great wine! Will definitely be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glass - wine. bar. kitchenmomofthreeDined on 8/30/2014Best kept secret in Hawley, PA! We vacation in the area frequently and decided to give it a try. Great music on Friday nights, yummy small plates to share, great views, warm and cozy fire-pits. We loved it so much we went back again the next day. Waiters both days were fabulous! Extremely knowledgeable of all of the foods being offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend. Great menuMschiaDined on 8/29/2014Great ambiance. The tapas menu had really good choices. The service was awesome and staff really friendly. Had after dinner drinks on the upper deck with good music by Kevin Champion. The upper deck bartender provided awesome service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, poor serviceeagereaterDined on 8/28/2014Confirmed outdoor table by phone and web site but not available upon arrival. Our table was given to another party that arrived AFTER we did. Ordered drinks including a bottle of wine. It took about 15 minutes for the wine to arrive but cocktails were not served until 10 minutes after the wine. Food took about another 20 minutes so overall.....meal took 2 hours.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatTWhite4VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food, Service, Ambiance, this place is the best in the Poconos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is only the start!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I happened upon Glass randomly while trying to find someplace special for our last night of vacation. Very pleased with the experience. Great cocktails and a terrific menu whether you are a group or a couple. Varied and creative. We loved the chicken and waffles, and the goat cheese with blueberries starter. Service was very friendly and informative. We welcomed info on the beautiful location, and suggestions for food. Our server enthusiastically advised on all. Patio (check out the other patios!) is an amazing spot. The bar inside is really beautiful, too. Great place. So glad we found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014A beautiful setting with delicious food. We will definitely visit again and will be highly recommended!Special Features:
- Hidden GemSWJKPADined on 8/15/2014Are we impressed with Glass! We were greeted by Bill who welcomed us with open arms and proceeded to seat us on the covered deck which overlooks the area falls. Our server, Becky, was quickly table side to offer us menus and discuss our drink orders. After a perfect Cosmo and Manhattan, we ordered from the small plate side of the menu so as to taste different items. Dates wrapped in bacon, onion soup bites, margarita flatbread, and Mac and cheese-all with local cheeses, veggies, and fruit! My husband and I both said that each one was even better than the previous(which were fabulous!). Throughout our meal, Bill, Becky, and other staff were attentive and helpful! Dessert was truly amazing-brownie with sea salt and PB whip and cannoli. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a Wonderful ExperienceBeegeeDined on 8/14/2014Just came back from the Poconos and have to say that Glass was one of our favorite things that we did when we were there. Great food, service and atmosphere. The view of the falls was just beautiful and the singer we had this past Thursday night was fantastic. Made for a great night!!Special Features:
- Blues NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014We really enjoyed the food at the Blues, Brews and BBQ. Great ribs and all the sides were delicious. Susquehanna brewing was sampling a great lemon shandy beer that was delicious and refreshing. Service from Josh and all the staff was terrific. Music was great too!Special Features:
- A real nice placeLaurBellDined on 8/9/2014We loved the view at Glass. The food and service was great too. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedFoodie5Dined on 8/9/2014Always loved Glass tapas menu. It's been right up there with some of the best city tapas restaurants. In the past two weeks we dined at Glass twice. We felt the flat breads fell short of the way they were usually prepared--very crispy thin base with homemade sauces. The bread seemed a bit spongy with a Prego-tasting tomato sauce. Sliders were also off as well as chicken and not so crispy waffles. On a positive note, the heirloom caprese tomato salad was excellent as well as the cannoli desserts served in white spoons. We have been very loyal customers since opening and recommend restaurant to many! We will be back but hope for the original delicious and fresh menu to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014What a find! We have owned a second home at the Lake for 13 years and never knew this place existed. We went for my birthday and had a blast!! Wish you were open for lunch!! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and scenicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Excellent food in a great setting. It could be difficult for the food to live up to the unique location on the side of a waterfall, but the delicious small plates we had were up to the test.Special Features:
- Unique SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had dinner here. We heard about the hotel and wanted to book a weekend but were unable to get a room. We decided to make a trip to visit the restaurant at least and get a feel for the place. We sat outside and had a great view of the falls. The staff was great. The menu is very unique, just serving small plates that are appetizer size. There are no full meals so if this is what you are looking for I wouldn't recommend having dinner here. We loved it. Perfect portions to split and we left very full. The wine list is great. If you are looking for some place different I would definitely suggest giving this place a shot. If you go in prepared for the menu I believe you will have a great experience.Special Features:
- Unique / Beautiful / DeliciousNeedownchefDined on 8/1/2014Ledges Tapas Restaurant and Wine Bar was highly recommended by seasonal residents and did not disappoint. We went there for the last night of our holiday for dinner and we're extremely happy we didn't miss going. We shared five dishes between the two of us and was just the right amount.....with enough room for dessert and "coffee". We especially enjoyed the French onion soup bites and beef special (forget name). The atmosphere is very romantic and comfortable, make sure you take time to sit outside by the falls after dinner or for a drink. We were there on a Friday night so had the added bonus of a live band playing outside from 8-10pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendCyberplugVIPDined on 8/1/2014The best place in the area, great menu, natural waterfall, great for special occasions,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific tapas experienceFoodchickDined on 7/31/2014Mac n cheese was to die for. Ours was with bacon, basil, spinach and tomatoes. Other faves were the onion soup bites and the chicken lollipops. Great food and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEllenDined on 7/30/2014We were looking forward to our dinner here but ended up very disappointed. Although we were seated on the outdoor deck we were in the middle and had only a slight view of the scenery. Our waitress did a good job bit most of the food was fair and the open face crab club was a soggy mess. The bread was sitting in a pool of liquid and not very tasty. It was loud and three different gentlemen near our table were wearing heavy cologne. Altogether a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great!zingirlDined on 7/30/2014We Love going to Ledges. This is a great place to go with a small group so you can order numerous tapas and share. The outdoor dining area is very scenic but we prefer the bar area. Great ambiance and quiet on a Wed. night. This really is a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!!!bzapDined on 7/30/2014Glass was a pleasant surprise!!! The food was creative and the service was excellent. The views of the falls were beautiful and easy to gaze at from any table. We will certainly go there again!Special Features:
- Consistently goodWhiteiris787Dined on 7/25/2014We visit again and again. I enjoy their tasting portions menu. Hubbie will eat the mac skillet without my help :) Its great to have the small bites and be able to share several items. There was live music on one of the decks which made it nice to linger with a glass of wine. Service was super efficient and friendly (thank you Alex) which "friendly" is rare around Wally Lake.Special Features:
- WannyDined on 7/25/2014Beautiful place & presentation of food. Mac & cheese best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 110 reviews are from the Glass – wine. bar. kitchen. at Ledges Hotel reviews archive.
- food service and scenery great!EnjoylifeDined on 7/18/2014Been here several times. Wanted to bring friends visiting our lake house for the small bite sharing and beautiful view. We were all very pleased with the food, service from Becky out waitress and Michelle the GM. Out friends loved the entire experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced drinks.FoodieManDined on 7/13/2014The drinks are way overpriced. If you stick with the draft beer you're fine. Everything else is too high. $22 for two half full glasses of Cabernet?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful setting, gracious servicetabletesterDined on 7/12/2014This is a wonderful place for outdoor dining. We were in a covered area with open walls. Waterfalls right in front of us. Our waitress was informative and thoughtful. The menu was various small plates-all very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful waterfallscathymDined on 7/12/2014This is a great place to take a drive and enjoy the waterfall while enjoying small plates. The service was great and the vibe cool. They even had a golf cart pick us up in the parking lot and give us a ride up the hill.Special Features:
- Disappointing Food for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014If you are prepared for ordinairy appetizers with lots of bread to nibble on with a glass of wine, you might enjoy eating outdoors at Glass because the waterfalls and terrain is beautiful. The French names and glowing descriptions on the small-plate menu infer gourmet or enticingly tasty food, but it's not. And the size of the offerings vary between less than a tablespoon of duck or smoked fish to a more generous small plate of crab salad. After tasting several plates for dinner there, we felt more full of bread than anything else because each dish is accompanied by many slices of half stale bread, which they call toast, on which you spread the food.Special Features:
- Beautiful views excellent serviceBocaKittyDined on 7/11/2014We had a wonderful evening, sharing lots of different plates. We ordered 2 or 3 rounds of plates for the table and shared. The food is very good, but the portions are small. The view is priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lounge is perfectJohhnny5Dined on 7/11/2014Everyone wants to sit outside, but to be honest, you can enjoy the view before and after your meal. The lounge is cozier and more quiet with the same great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.