17300 Pacific Coast Hwy
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3104543474x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 11am-9pm, Fri 11am-10pm, Sat 9am-10pm, Sun 9am-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Sunset Blvd
- Public Transit: The 540 Metro Bus stops directly in front of our restaurant at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Pacific Coast Highway.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service is offered in the Gladstones parking lot at $5.50 for restaurant patrons. Handicap parking is free Mon-Thu (all day) and Fri until 5pm.
A word from Gladstones Malibu
In a world where landmarks are few and far between there is Gladstones. Situated where Sunset Boulevard meets the Pacific Coast Highway, it's become a place of Southern California legend. Gladstones offers a menu plucked from the very ocean it overlooks, serving modern renditions of classic dishes. In its typically relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere, there's something to satisfy every palate. Whether you're at the raw bar, the lounge, the dining rooms or the grand patio over-looking the surf, it's commonly agreed there's no better place, either up the coast or down, to enjoy fresh seafood, a Mai Tai or a sunset. Gladstones has been named an "Editor's Pick" in Sunset Magazine, one of Gayot.com's "Top 10 Outdoor Dining Restaurants" in L.A. and one of CBS Los Angeles's "Best Seafood" restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gladstones Malibu - Best Restaurants in Pacific Palisades ›
Gladstones Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (145)great for outdoor dining (131)special occasion (65)good for groups (64)great for lunch (64)romantic (54)kid-friendly (53)great for brunch (45)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (27)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (9)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Great time!DdinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Loved our time at Gladstones Malibu! Great booth inside by the window overlooking the ocean, watched the pelicans dive for fish! Wonderful Long Island Iced Teas, calamari, beer-battered fish tacos, salmon salad, and brownie sundae! Coffee was excellent too! We will drive the 1 hour plus to do this again! Our server Irina (sp?) was just so very very good.... we will ask for her the next time! Super good support staff as well. No issues, just a good fun time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014I must say the view is very nice, but the food we had was awful!! I had the salmon special and my husband had some lobster and beef special. Maybe it was just the specials that day were bad but for the future it will be drinks only. The food should of been much better for the price. Very disappointed in our food.Special Features:
- Gladstones is Always FunIDGAFDined on 10/11/2014Gladstones is a great place. They could use a little more help front of house because the wait staff seems disjointed and do not provide the most attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were so disappointed with the menu choices. Four of us went on a Saturday afternoon at 12:30. We were looking forward to traditional seafood lunch choices. Not the case. No shrimp salads or seafood salad on menu. A handful of brunch items but not a lot of choices there either. Their lunch menu didn't start until 2:00 pm. Who would of guest that one? Service was very slow and our orders came out separately over a course of ten minutes. Not the memory I had of years ago with huge choices of seafood grilled broiled fried etc.Special Features:
- belincDined on 10/9/2014terrific scenic view of the Pacific Ocean, but food could not match setting.Special Features:
- Gladstone'sLoewsVIPDined on 10/7/2014Using Open Table made reservations for 6:30 pm. Modified the reservations to 7:45 pm. Was told upon arrival that Gladstone's stops serving/taking orders for dinner at 8:00 pm and we "just made it." There was no indication on the reservation Open Table page for this restaurant that this was the case. Fifteen minutes later....we'd been too late! "Please seat us on the (very open tabled patio in a "quiet" area I requested to the host." He seated us near a gregarious table to 10-12 who hooted and hollered their way through the end of their corporate meal while we were simply trying to enjoy our 40th anniversary "special" outing at Gladstone's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what happened to Gladstones?hungryDined on 10/7/2014We are not looking to go back to Gladstones again. There was a constant annoying clicking sound. The fish and chips was soggy (this was my second experience with soggy, unappetizing fish and chips). There were so many wait staff members just standing around. We made a reservation and were told at the desk "you sure didn't need to make a reservation!" Our waiter forgot the coffee! So, would I recommend Gladstones not any more!Special Features:
- Great view, ok foodLotusGoddessDined on 10/7/2014I haven't been to Gladstones for about 10 years when it was a bustling hot spot. I was surprised when I brought an out of town guest for lunch the other day at how run down it seemed (we sat outside on the patio). The place was also surprisingly empty and now I know why. The views of the ocean were excellent, but the food was mediocre. I ordered the scallops appetizer and the side of broccolini. The prices were high for the portions. The scallops were pretty mediocre in size and the polenta it was served on was salty. The broccolini was undercooked and tough. I was surprised too that the waiters outfits had spots and didn't look clean. To top it off, parking is $7. Probably won't be going back.Special Features:
- Going downhillCrisroDined on 10/6/2014When I lived in LA many years ago, this place was a destination meal. Now, it's mediocre at best and certainly overpriced. Cannot believe they charge a mandatory $7 parking fee. Beautiful ocean view, but I shall never return for what, to me, is a pre-packaged rip-off. Bye bye Gladstones... like many things, you were good in the beginning, but now just another dining scam. $20 bucks for a cup of Ceviche and some doritos... give me a break.
- Good FoodTiffDined on 10/4/2014Food was great but the service was very slow. It took a long time to get our food and even though we saw our waiter a lot he actually checked on us not very often. We had a lot of big groups around us which was annoying.Special Features:
- LunchRemyDined on 9/27/2014We were very happy to be seated by the window with a great view of the ocean. Our service was superb and our waiter's recommendations were exact. He was very gracious and did not interrupt or rush us while we were talking. The atmosphere was very festive as there must have been a big sports game on TV as many were cheering at intervals....assume someone made a touchdown or hit a home run or something like that. Valet was very fast in taking and getting our car. No wait and there were a lot of people. It was a very busy day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ViewsRomanticDiningDined on 9/24/2014As always a fantastic restaurant with infinite ocean views. Great for a romantic lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EventvegatheartDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I celebrated my Birthday with some good friends on a Tuesday evening. The weather was perfect outside and when the weather got cool the staff brought out heaters. Appetizers were yummy as well as the main course....although my wife commented that Her Fish and Chips were slightly oily.Special Features:
- The better the view.....ASquaredDined on 9/22/2014...The more mediocre the food. If Gladstones would stop serving 70's style food, they'd be lined up down PCH. We shared a $60 "special" deep fried while sea bass. (Regular $80) It looked huge. There was enough meat on it for 1 person. But it's the best view you can get. The restaurant was not crowded so we got attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014The lady at check- in was very nice and quickly seated us at a nice table. The waiter was excellent too.Special Features:
- A good time was had by all.KiznoDined on 9/17/2014I took some friends visiting from out of State to Gladstone's for lunch - the were thrilled. The ambiance was great - it wasn't crowded. The service was great. They raved about the experience - I am a happy host.Special Features:
- Great place dor lunch!SchaoDined on 9/15/2014Staff was exceptionally nice. I would have to say one of the best service Ive experienced in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Extravaganza and MorefoodjunkieDined on 9/14/2014This place is amazing. The seafood is excellent especially since the food come from the sea that the outdoor patio dining overlooks. If you love Eggs Benedict as I do then you should definitely try the Crab Benedict for Brunch.Special Features:
- So Cal at its BestLadyKateDined on 9/13/2014This is by far, the number one spot to eat in Malibu and Pacific Palisades. The food, ambiance and service are superb. The seafood is delicious, even for those like me who rarely enjoy seafood. I suggest the fish of the day recommendation by the waiter or the crab cakes. The lobster offerings are works of art as well as delicious. This is the place to experience the So Cal good life - Malibu style. Gladstones – Malibu should be on everyone’s "To do list."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about being on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great location and our waiter was excellent, but the food was nothing special. The food was nothing bad either, but for the same price you could go to Mastros and get better everything.Special Features:
- Great food and view...BredPhdVIPDined on 9/12/2014What can I say, I enjoy eating at the Gladstone's at LAX and if that is great, the Malibu location had to be better and it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwayscarrabinieriDined on 9/10/2014Always great food. Rock Shrimp -UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. King Salmon with side sand special sauces was fantastic.Special Features:
- GladstonesLovetoeatgoodfoodDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful sunset on the beach restaurant. Romantic and yet great for parties. Food was fresh and very good, service was excellent! A must try, during the week is less crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it once was.RedondoBeachDined on 9/8/2014Brought an out-of-town guest for lunch because of the view. And of course it's being Malibu and on the way to the Getty Villa. Not all of the food was special, but the crabcakes and of course that wonderful loaf of bread made lunch nice. But overall, I have to say I was not as happy with Gladstone's as I used to be.Special Features:
- Farewell GladstonesGoodbyeGirlDined on 9/7/2014We're so sad that after 4 years of celebrating all of our special occasions at Gladstones, the restaurant has changed management companies and is ruined. Not only was the restaurant run down, but the bathrooms were filthy, the air conditioning was turned off on one of the hottest muggiest days of the year, the 'managers' were faking being polite over a thinly veiled condescending rudeness. We ordered Lobster at 6pm and they told us they had none. (At Gladstones!!!) We were given teaspoons for the clam chowder and told that there were no clean soup spoons left.The food was bad. The dirty dishes sat in front of us for 30 minutes...we finally cleared them ourselves when dessert came...YES, REALLY. We will never go back there..It was AWFUL!Special Features:
- My name is Patricia SandovalDissapointedcustomer59Dined on 9/6/2014I made a reservation thru Round Table several days prior to my trip! Did not help, once we got to the resturant had people with Reservations prior to mine, could not get a window view and waited about 20 mins.Special Features:
- restaurant with a view :-)LUV2EATVIPDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful Malibu restaurant. Right off pch, great location for outdoor dining. Totally yummy foodSpecial Features:
- Our favorite spotAnniversaryDinnerDined on 9/4/2014We got married here in 2009. We always return every here for our anniversary. It's one of our favorite spots. Sure, the food is a tad over priced. It's the scene view tax. The best way to do Gladstone's is to go all out. If you try to eat on a budget there, you won't enjoy the experience much. I just love it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, pricey fooddjgpennyDined on 9/1/2014Take a seat outdoors overlooking the ocean and you'll have a great time with your company. Food is tasty but pricey, but you are paying for the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been great, but was notLadoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014There aren't many places you can eat right on the ocean in LA so too bad that this one misses the mark. Frankly it was not terrible just not nearly great enough. If you are not a foodie and want a great view, a nice drink and open space, then by all means, give it a go.Special Features:
- OutstandingTakasdenDined on 8/31/2014Great experience and we had the best waiter of all timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SGRAM64Dined on 8/30/2014Whilst Gladstones remains a family favourite, for it's location right next to the sea, the food and service have become increasingly disappointing. My basket of fish & chips were cold & limp & although they changed the dish our waiter never even came to see what the problem was. The waiters generally seemed uninspired & we heard the exact same lines used over & over again at tables......" Hi my name is......is this your first time to Gladstones ?" ......it's just all a bit too "robotic" & insecere. The location & prices really deserve better !!!Special Features:
- Dining With FriendsQueen46Dined on 8/30/2014The occasion was simple, getting together with friends you hadn't seen for a while, the weather was fantastic and the location made it even better. Our dining experience was in the outside patio area, our severer was a young man with a great personality, he was professional throughout, polite and courteous with great customer service skills.. We started with drinks and appetizers' which were very good, our main course was fine but our absolute favorite part of the meal was the dessert which was a trio of sorbet's. The colors were rich and very pleasing to the eye and the flavors were all favorites of ours, we savored every morsel. Great afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable ChangesQuestionableDined on 8/29/2014I've always been a big fan of Gladstones restaurants since 1995, but the last few years the Malibu location has changed significantly. I recently had a special occasion lunch at the restaurant to only find the menu was very limited, and that items not listed could be ordered but at an extremely higher price. Also, the menu use to include multiple side dishes, but now the food seems to provide more ale carte which causes the meal to be more expensive. The food tastes were marginally what I expected. The good side is the staff was extremely friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- Great View and Good FoodOCFoodieDined on 8/29/2014If you like the ocean this is the place to go...get a table on the water (which there are many) and just enjoy the sounds of the surf...everything we ordered was great (the popcorn shrimp, crab cakes, an specially, specially the scallops - all appetizers and we shared)...our waiter was very friendly and kept checking back with us so we didn't feel neglected. And the dessert--- the ice cream sunday is the way to go.Special Features:
- Great business dinner place!BondoDined on 8/28/2014Best ocean view, tasty food, and great service for business dinner. Things have certainly improved from a few years ago! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Like most places with a great viewAmyOCDined on 8/23/2014Food decent enough. Clam chowder was more like clam cream. Oysters were terrific. Lobster was HUGE bigger than expected. Seared spicy tuna good. Thai shrimp decent. Strawberry mojito was great. Mai tai meh. We ate at the booths near the bar. Table so high it was hard to eat. Had to stand up to crack lobster. Service wasn't great. It was in the bar area, but bar was pretty empty. The tin foil to go guy was funny. We left with an enormous shark carrying a mermaid. Your definitely paying for the view here.Special Features:
- Great afternoonStuartVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food with find service! That sounds a great place to go during the middle of the week. It's not crowded you can get a great view of the ocean and just relax! I think the seafood tower is the best value on their menu.Special Features:
- Great location and view...food sad.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Had an amazing time with my family. Too bad the food is pathetic. Especially for the price. When we left we drove up the coast and several other locations were packed. Not the case at Gladstones. I guess others already knew that though.Special Features:
- Ideal Breathtaking Culinary Venue!PatrickFlanaganDined on 8/20/2014Was visiting LA & asked some friends where would be an ideal spot to go for dinner. There was no hesitancy in their suggestion: Gladstones in Malibu. Always willing to take a risk, we went to Gladstones and we were not disappointed. First of all, the venue is breathtaking, especially if you are there at sunset to take in the beauty of creation. The food was rich and delicious. We had the clam chowder *filled* with fresh fish and then the incredibly delectable fish and chips (trust me you gotta try it - nothing "average" about it!). To to the evening off, the service staff, in addition to our own server Francisco, was quite attentive and punctually solicitous. Gladstones is a winner! I would not go back to LA w/o dining there again.Special Features: