17300 Pacific Coast Hwy
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3104543474x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thu 11am-9pm, Fri 11am-10pm, Sat 9am-10pm, Sun 9am-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Sunset Blvd
- Public Transit: The 540 Metro Bus stops directly in front of our restaurant at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Pacific Coast Highway.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service is offered in the Gladstones parking lot at $5.50 for restaurant patrons. Handicap parking is free Mon-Thu (all day) and Fri until 5pm.
A word from Gladstones Malibu
In a world where landmarks are few and far between there is Gladstones. Situated where Sunset Boulevard meets the Pacific Coast Highway, it's become a place of Southern California legend. Gladstones offers a menu plucked from the very ocean it overlooks, serving modern renditions of classic dishes. In its typically relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere, there's something to satisfy every palate. Whether you're at the raw bar, the lounge, the dining rooms or the grand patio over-looking the surf, it's commonly agreed there's no better place, either up the coast or down, to enjoy fresh seafood, a Mai Tai or a sunset. Gladstones has been named an "Editor's Pick" in Sunset Magazine, one of Gayot.com's "Top 10 Outdoor Dining Restaurants" in L.A. and one of CBS Los Angeles's "Best Seafood" restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gladstones Malibu - Best Restaurants in Pacific Palisades ›
Gladstones Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (173)great for outdoor dining (153)special occasion (79)great for lunch (69)good for groups (67)romantic (61)kid-friendly (56)great for brunch (50)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (30)fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)Show More
- Great place dor lunch!SchaoDined on 9/15/2014Staff was exceptionally nice. I would have to say one of the best service Ive experienced in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Extravaganza and MorefoodjunkieDined on 9/14/2014This place is amazing. The seafood is excellent especially since the food come from the sea that the outdoor patio dining overlooks. If you love Eggs Benedict as I do then you should definitely try the Crab Benedict for Brunch.Special Features:
- So Cal at its BestLadyKateDined on 9/13/2014This is by far, the number one spot to eat in Malibu and Pacific Palisades. The food, ambiance and service are superb. The seafood is delicious, even for those like me who rarely enjoy seafood. I suggest the fish of the day recommendation by the waiter or the crab cakes. The lobster offerings are works of art as well as delicious. This is the place to experience the So Cal good life - Malibu style. Gladstones – Malibu should be on everyone’s "To do list."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about being on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/12/2014Great location and our waiter was excellent, but the food was nothing special. The food was nothing bad either, but for the same price you could go to Mastros and get better everything.Special Features:
- Great food and view...BredPhdVIPDined on 9/12/2014What can I say, I enjoy eating at the Gladstone's at LAX and if that is great, the Malibu location had to be better and it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwayscarrabinieriDined on 9/10/2014Always great food. Rock Shrimp -UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. King Salmon with side sand special sauces was fantastic.Special Features:
- GladstonesLovetoeatgoodfoodDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful sunset on the beach restaurant. Romantic and yet great for parties. Food was fresh and very good, service was excellent! A must try, during the week is less crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it once was.RedondoBeachDined on 9/8/2014Brought an out-of-town guest for lunch because of the view. And of course it's being Malibu and on the way to the Getty Villa. Not all of the food was special, but the crabcakes and of course that wonderful loaf of bread made lunch nice. But overall, I have to say I was not as happy with Gladstone's as I used to be.Special Features:
- Farewell GladstonesGoodbyeGirlDined on 9/7/2014We're so sad that after 4 years of celebrating all of our special occasions at Gladstones, the restaurant has changed management companies and is ruined. Not only was the restaurant run down, but the bathrooms were filthy, the air conditioning was turned off on one of the hottest muggiest days of the year, the 'managers' were faking being polite over a thinly veiled condescending rudeness. We ordered Lobster at 6pm and they told us they had none. (At Gladstones!!!) We were given teaspoons for the clam chowder and told that there were no clean soup spoons left.The food was bad. The dirty dishes sat in front of us for 30 minutes...we finally cleared them ourselves when dessert came...YES, REALLY. We will never go back there..It was AWFUL!Special Features:
- My name is Patricia SandovalDissapointedcustomer59Dined on 9/6/2014I made a reservation thru Round Table several days prior to my trip! Did not help, once we got to the resturant had people with Reservations prior to mine, could not get a window view and waited about 20 mins.Special Features:
- restaurant with a view :-)LUV2EATVIPDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful Malibu restaurant. Right off pch, great location for outdoor dining. Totally yummy foodSpecial Features:
- Our favorite spotAnniversaryDinnerDined on 9/4/2014We got married here in 2009. We always return every here for our anniversary. It's one of our favorite spots. Sure, the food is a tad over priced. It's the scene view tax. The best way to do Gladstone's is to go all out. If you try to eat on a budget there, you won't enjoy the experience much. I just love it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, pricey fooddjgpennyDined on 9/1/2014Take a seat outdoors overlooking the ocean and you'll have a great time with your company. Food is tasty but pricey, but you are paying for the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been great, but was notLadoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014There aren't many places you can eat right on the ocean in LA so too bad that this one misses the mark. Frankly it was not terrible just not nearly great enough. If you are not a foodie and want a great view, a nice drink and open space, then by all means, give it a go.Special Features:
- OutstandingTakasdenDined on 8/31/2014Great experience and we had the best waiter of all timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SGRAM64Dined on 8/30/2014Whilst Gladstones remains a family favourite, for it's location right next to the sea, the food and service have become increasingly disappointing. My basket of fish & chips were cold & limp & although they changed the dish our waiter never even came to see what the problem was. The waiters generally seemed uninspired & we heard the exact same lines used over & over again at tables......" Hi my name is......is this your first time to Gladstones ?" ......it's just all a bit too "robotic" & insecere. The location & prices really deserve better !!!Special Features:
- Dining With FriendsQueen46Dined on 8/30/2014The occasion was simple, getting together with friends you hadn't seen for a while, the weather was fantastic and the location made it even better. Our dining experience was in the outside patio area, our severer was a young man with a great personality, he was professional throughout, polite and courteous with great customer service skills.. We started with drinks and appetizers' which were very good, our main course was fine but our absolute favorite part of the meal was the dessert which was a trio of sorbet's. The colors were rich and very pleasing to the eye and the flavors were all favorites of ours, we savored every morsel. Great afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable ChangesQuestionableDined on 8/29/2014I've always been a big fan of Gladstones restaurants since 1995, but the last few years the Malibu location has changed significantly. I recently had a special occasion lunch at the restaurant to only find the menu was very limited, and that items not listed could be ordered but at an extremely higher price. Also, the menu use to include multiple side dishes, but now the food seems to provide more ale carte which causes the meal to be more expensive. The food tastes were marginally what I expected. The good side is the staff was extremely friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- Great View and Good FoodOCFoodieDined on 8/29/2014If you like the ocean this is the place to go...get a table on the water (which there are many) and just enjoy the sounds of the surf...everything we ordered was great (the popcorn shrimp, crab cakes, an specially, specially the scallops - all appetizers and we shared)...our waiter was very friendly and kept checking back with us so we didn't feel neglected. And the dessert--- the ice cream sunday is the way to go.Special Features:
- Great business dinner place!BondoDined on 8/28/2014Best ocean view, tasty food, and great service for business dinner. Things have certainly improved from a few years ago! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Like most places with a great viewAmyOCDined on 8/23/2014Food decent enough. Clam chowder was more like clam cream. Oysters were terrific. Lobster was HUGE bigger than expected. Seared spicy tuna good. Thai shrimp decent. Strawberry mojito was great. Mai tai meh. We ate at the booths near the bar. Table so high it was hard to eat. Had to stand up to crack lobster. Service wasn't great. It was in the bar area, but bar was pretty empty. The tin foil to go guy was funny. We left with an enormous shark carrying a mermaid. Your definitely paying for the view here.Special Features:
- Great afternoonStuartVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food with find service! That sounds a great place to go during the middle of the week. It's not crowded you can get a great view of the ocean and just relax! I think the seafood tower is the best value on their menu.Special Features:
- Great location and view...food sad.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Had an amazing time with my family. Too bad the food is pathetic. Especially for the price. When we left we drove up the coast and several other locations were packed. Not the case at Gladstones. I guess others already knew that though.Special Features:
- Ideal Breathtaking Culinary Venue!PatrickFlanaganDined on 8/20/2014Was visiting LA & asked some friends where would be an ideal spot to go for dinner. There was no hesitancy in their suggestion: Gladstones in Malibu. Always willing to take a risk, we went to Gladstones and we were not disappointed. First of all, the venue is breathtaking, especially if you are there at sunset to take in the beauty of creation. The food was rich and delicious. We had the clam chowder *filled* with fresh fish and then the incredibly delectable fish and chips (trust me you gotta try it - nothing "average" about it!). To to the evening off, the service staff, in addition to our own server Francisco, was quite attentive and punctually solicitous. Gladstones is a winner! I would not go back to LA w/o dining there again.Special Features:
- mjltVIPDined on 8/19/2014Incredible view of the ocean. Loved the animal foil wrapping for the to-go food.Special Features:
- FoodCDstcharlesDined on 8/17/2014The food was mediocre at best.The claim chowder extremely thick,lacked clams!The macadamia shrimp very greasy & tasteless.Way too much breading for small shrimp; wanted lobster but all they had were 3lb. lobsters!Very disappointed.My husband ordered claim chowder, which they forgot to bring but just as well after tasting mine.I basically did not eat anything except the appetizer we shared which was crab cakes, they were very good as was the calamari.Second time here; had not so good experience first time but wanted to give it a second chance. Celebrating our daughter's b'day, which I indicated on Open Table but they did nothing;with a reservation they told us 45 min. wait;then changed their minds & gave us a table. Unorganized! Never again!Special Features:
- CelebrationMaggsDined on 8/17/2014Early dinner to celebrate a birthday. Great service, very pleasant staff. We dined outdoors to enjoy the view. Food was very good. Swordfish was excellent. Also enjoyed mango cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!MarcVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I were vacationing in Southern California. This place is a must do if you're planning on visiting Malibu. Good service - good food - amazing location. The place is a landmark. I remember being there about 20 years ago and it's GROWN but the food is actually better than I remember. We had a great time. Plan ahead though because the traffic in and around Pacific Coast Highway can be brutal...Special Features:
- Great Location but Limited MenuSpikermikeVIPDined on 8/16/2014It seems that the menu selection was limited in comparison to the last time we were here. Although still very good I was looking for some fried shell fish (oysters, scallops, shrimp) like in a fisherman's platter but they only had deep fried cod. They also had a photographer last time and we wanted to take another picture as a follow-up souvenier to last time but this was not available. Not a big deal but a little disappointed that the experience changed and our expectations were not met. But it still had the wonderful ocean view and vibrant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic LocationRomanticDiningDined on 8/10/2014Beautiful ocean views and fantastic food. Staff was extremely friendly and the experience was unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Got there in time for our reservation and then had to wait another 20 minutes. Sat down and were given bread and water but didn't have any utensils. Ask another waitress for some utensils (ours was busy) and she snapped saying she needed a minute gave us one set and left. The rest of our dinner was fine. We didn't receive a bucket for shells until the dinner was half over. Our server was sweet and great the last half of the meal when things died down.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerMtkelly8898Dined on 8/9/2014We went there for our 16th wedding anniversary. We were originally seated inside the restaurant but not near a window. We saw a window booth open and they let us move. My twins loved sitting by the window. My twins told the waiter it was my anniversary so they brought us out the most delicious brownie sundae dessert. Lastly the foil creations were incredible. One girl got a seahorse and the other one got a dolphin. We will be back forsure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, wonderful foodTDTarzanaDined on 8/9/2014We had a great experience at Gladstones in Malibu. The food was outstanding. Great dinner and lunch spot. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- A Plate Vegetarians Will LoveOmeletJoyDined on 8/9/2014The veggie omelet was perfectly done. The spinach, mushrooms and cheese were perfectly distributed, which made for a flavorful enjoyment of every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- priceyfortcruzDined on 8/8/2014I expected a higher price because of the location. I was surprised to find even a higher price than that. I have been to Gladstones Malibu a few times in the past and it seems to have taken a turn for the snoody from the great time, great food, relaxed atmosphere from before. Missed the peanuts and large glass cocktails. The "greek" sauce that came with my salmon was not good. The salmon itself was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningluv2dineDined on 8/7/2014Food was very good, but I was surprised by how high the prices have arisen since my last visit. I expected them to be considerably below Mastro's and I was surprised that they are not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occdocVIPDined on 8/4/2014good but not great fish but sitting outside by the ocean while dining doesn't get any better. I had a great whole fish last time 55 dollars but worth it.SERVICE is wonderful. Reception not.Special Features:
- Great location, overpricedLmfrankelDined on 8/3/2014The location is beautiful! Service and food were mediocre. Food was fine but way overpriced for what you get.Special Features:
- Lovely Evening.ClassyfluteDined on 8/2/2014Great evening. Good food, great service, lovely view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu ChangednightlootDined on 8/2/2014I wasn't prepared for the menu changed and I'm sure that I like this place anymore. The food was blah and being with family and friends is the only thing that made this experience good.Special Features: