737 W. 5th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.glacierbrewhouse.com/
- Phone: 9072742739x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 10:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Monday 4:00 pm - 9:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Aaron Schropp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our Conference Room seats up to fourteen guests around a granite conference table and is perfect for small business meetings and private celebrations. It is located in the corner of our dining room, behind the French doors. Amenities include a video tape recorder/television and an amplifier separate from the dining room system, allowing you to tune the music to your function. A flip chart is available for use also. We treat this room as another dining room table, requiring no special menu arrangements. We anticipate the use of this room for lunch or dinner service, allowing two hours per meal. If you would like extended use of this room, special arrangements are gladly made - just let us know. Reservations for this room are handled by our front desk crew, just like other dining room reservations.
- Private Party Contact: BrewHouse Front Desk 9072742739x
- Special Events: Growler Tuesday
64 ozs. of Pure Pleasure!
$5.00 Growlers for our Craft Beers
Blonde • Amber • India Pale Ale • Hefeweizen • Oatmeal
Stout • Raspberry Wheat • Export Lager
$10.00 Growlers for our Specialty Ales
Imperial Blonde • Double IPA (DIPA)
These Crazy Prices are only valid on Tuesday of each week.
- Cross Street: H
- Public Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the street and in several nearby public parking lots.
NEW Easy, Convenient Parking is now just steps away! The Alaska State Legislature Parking lot (just behind the BrewHouse back door) is now open to the public for Parking weekdays after 5:30PM and ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday. Street level parking only. $1.00 an hour is the charge at this lot.
A word from Glacier BrewHouse
You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, wood fired pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Glacier BrewHouse - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Glacier BrewHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
366 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (169)special occasion (147)hot spot (145)fit for foodies (125)great for lunch (121)neighborhood gem (103)vibrant bar scene (75)kid-friendly (61)great for brunch (51)late-night find (46)romantic (37)notable wine list (19)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014We haven't been in about a year due to an extremely terrible visit the last time we were there, but we had out of town guests and thought we would give it another try. Service was poor. Server took plates with food still being eaten away without a single " are you finished with your plate" in which we were not finished. Drinks went without refill, salad swimming in dressing, burger burnt, kids meals poorly put together, and appetizers poorly made.
- stout ale rotisserie chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Very good! Consistently good. I will eat this everytime as long as it is available.Special Features:
- SlippingDellaDined on 8/28/2014I have eaten at GB several times over the past year, and I have noticed a subtle but definite decline in the experience. The attention to little things, like timely greeting of a newly seated table, making sure there is butter in a second basket of bread, watching the temperature and resting time on the steaks...all of those keep adding up to make the experience a good deal less than it was even this time last year. I understand the desire to maximize profits, but the squeezing of too many tables into too little space results in a very loud dining room and much slower service. I have kept going to GB because of the peanut butter pie, but even that isn't good enough to keep me, especially with checks averaging $50+/person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendcityeagleDined on 8/27/2014We made the reservation because was recommended by Fodors. The atmosphere was dynamic. They brew in-house. I had the stout, which was excellent. They make gourmet nachos, which were far and away the best that I have ever had - no gooey mess here. The halibut was excellent. Service was efficient and friendly. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glacier Brewhouse with new friendsbigskibenDined on 8/27/2014I ha the opportunity to share a meal with some of the people I met at Talvista Lodge. I was able to shoe them the wonderful calamari Glacier is known for and some of the wonderful beers on offer. The dinner was reasonably priced and a great time was had by all.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantYukon2013Dined on 8/27/2014We come hear each year and this is a must stop during our time hear. I unfortunately found a hair in my apply but it was returned and the waitress was very apologetic and replaced the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGeosoccerbumDined on 8/27/2014Service was the best we have ever had it for this dinning. Quick, attentive, and friendly.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodAlpineBearDined on 8/26/2014Been dining at the GB for just over a year. I've heard some comments lately about the quality declining, but I haven't noticed it to be true. If anything, I experienced two improvements on this visit: 1) The seafood chowder was served warm instead of lukewarm, 2) time spent waiting on a beer to be served was minimal. The special of the day (macadamia crusted halibut) was superb, as was the simply grilled salmon. The noise level remained vigorous until 10PM, but then that's The BrewHouse. A good meal with equally good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olson99Dined on 8/25/2014Everything was excellent, from the hostess who greeted us, to the service to the meal itself. We asked that the fish appetizer be changed into a meal and it was done easily without any hassle. We were very pleased. We could not have asked for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!LisaAnnDined on 8/25/2014First trip to Alaska so I wanted to make reservations for dinner ahead of time so when I arrived at my hotel I had a place to eat. This place was perfect. Great food, excellent service. The staff was very friendly. I highly recommend a visit here and make reservations ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MerriDined on 8/24/2014The food was cold and not presented well. The steak was undercooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best in townPDXJohnVIPDined on 8/22/2014Glacier is generally reliable as good to very good food. They are always packed, so service is as expected for a 100% full restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014An unforgettable meal! Thank you! The service was so friendly and fast.Special Features:
- Always goodDCRaigAKDined on 8/22/2014Stopped for lunch. Crowded as usual - make sure to make a reservation. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Online bookingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014First time using On line table booking. Glad you've added it. Actually have had better luck with getting a tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Have always enjoyed dining at Glacier BrewHouse. It's a wonderfully warm environment with fabulous food as well as service. My Husband and I always make time to dine here while visiting Anchorage. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Craft brews and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014An Alaskan original. Great craft beer and wonderful food in a very unique settingSpecial Features:
- Three for Three!FrostiDined on 8/16/2014Spent two weeks in Alaska and dined here three times ... obviously we returned because food and brew selections are outstanding. Great staff and service even when the place is mobbed. Make sure you reserve ahead -- 1.5 hr. wait at peak times on weekends! Check your lodging's front desk for free calamari appetizer coupon.Special Features:
- Make a reservationjudscDined on 8/16/2014We tried to get a table, but the wait was about 90 minutes. For the next time we booked in advance and everything was perfect. Ribeye-steak was delicious. Try the breadpudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super food & great serviceBeezerDined on 8/16/2014Food was fabulous satrt to finish - jalapeno cornbread, halibut curry special & topped off with a bread pudding. A good pre-race meal for the Big Wild Life marathon relay the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmet casualWorthTheWaitDined on 8/15/2014This spot was recommended by our tour guide. We had one day to spend in Anchorage before catching a flight back home and wanted something casual. Luckily the restaurant had online reservations available and we booked in advance, otherwise we probably would have missed out. This place is extremely popular and I can see why. The food was outstanding! Calamari and blue cheese/bacon potato chip nachos; delicious king crab legs; macadamia nut crusted halibut; tempura green beans, pizza... all delicious. The kids burger came with parmesan french fries and a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. Great food and the prices were reasonable. I'm not a beer drinker but those who ordered the local brew agreed it was great too.Special Features:
- Best dessert ever!BakerbyBirthDined on 8/15/2014If you are lucky enough to dine at the Glacier Brewhouse treat yourself to the ultimate dessert - Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. Absolutely heavenly!!! A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014We had a lovely waitress. She overheard us wondering about one of the desserts while she was assisting other patrons and came right over and answered all our questions. Unfortunately I don't recall her name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningoutisfunDined on 8/9/2014Always crowded and noisy. Beer is good but food is overrated. Better have reservations.Special Features:
- Top Dining In AnchorageJoshDined on 8/9/2014Aside from being costly, this is an outstanding place to dine. The food is prepared in a reasonable amount of time especially considering the high volume dinner rush. The food is presented in a very appealing manner. These cooks seem to be high quality and well versed. I would definitely consider Glacier Brewhouse a fine dining establishment, but don't worry about getting all fancied up! Most customers are in flannel shirts and ball caps. It was very loud with conversations at tables and the hustle of the employees but it didn't bother my wife and I. We ordered a macadamia crusted halibut dish and also ordered dessert. All exceed our expectations and we left stuffed to the brim. Oh! And don't forget the beer- brewed by Glacier Brewhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great lunch!KentandLoniDined on 8/9/2014We went to Glacier for lunch and were very pleased with the service and the food, something that not every restaurant in Anchorage can get right. We had the Simply grilled Alaskan salmon and seafood chowder with King Crab cakes. I will say that if the crab cakes had been fried 30 seconds more they may have been on the burnt side. However, as it was they were nicely crisp and the flavor was slightly spicy so that every bite was so satisfying. The grilled salmon was among some of the best we have had here. We will look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy and loudNikkiDined on 8/8/2014Salad was great. Got the most expensive item: medallion filet, halibut, two shrimp, spoonful of crab meat served with potatoes and asparagus. The filet was a 6/10 for me, they need to choose better quality meat (but we are in Alaska). The largest item was the halibut, that was good. The potatoes were dry and in a hard clump, did not eat. I just would not spend money on the higher priced items, you'll be disappointed. Get something middle of the road and your experience will be just fine. Have to make a reservation to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Alaska AmbianceFrequentDinerDined on 8/8/2014The Glacier BrewHouse is a must for anyone visiting the city of Anchorage Alaska. The service is great. The food is fresh and the best you'll get anywhere. Alaskan King Crab so sweet and Halibut entrée just delicious. It's so good that you'll want to eat there every night (we did!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricemayamayaDined on 8/7/2014The price did not match the food quality. The filet was far from a filet. At the price paid the fillet should melt in your mouth and be cooked properly.
- Most divine salmon dishesblbyukonDined on 8/7/2014Our party enjoyed 2 salmon dishes, one grilled and one with pasta. They were both tasty, tender and well prepared and presented. 2 beers were enjoyed also but not sure which we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Always GoodAKEatsDined on 8/6/2014Loud and smokey from wood fire in kitchen, but food and service are always always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate with us!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Wonderful celebration for family special occasion, always outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- Great Food and Drink!LegendmcDined on 8/5/2014This micro brewery is top notch! And, the food is exceptional! The fresh seafood was prepared well and cooked to order and the beers were great. If you are in Anchorage, make this one of your dinner stops!Special Features:
- Great Last NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014We ate at the Glacier BrewHouse our last evening of a wonderful 2 week vacation in Alaska. Our meal was a perfect way to end the trip.Special Features:
- Great Brew houseoregonlivingDined on 8/4/2014We went to the Glacier Brewhouse with my wife's brother and his wife for a kids free night out. We made reservations in advance since it is usually an hour to an hour and a half wait. Coming from Oregon I was excited to try all the beers available, great beers. The food was amazing and the service was great. I would definitely recommend this place to eat to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Achorage!FrostiDined on 8/3/2014... of course it's the ONLY place we dined, but after one meal, why choose anywhere else! Excellent food, good and fast service and a five-star selection of craft brews! Not to be missed if you are visiting from the Lower 48. (We are from western Mass.). PS - Reserve in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteBeeBeeDined on 8/3/2014This is the go to place for our family for birthdays and celebrations. They treat their locals well during tourist season as well!!Special Features:
- Once again, GBH deliversMawineguyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Ahi Tuna superbly seasoned and cooked rare. Oh, oh Food Police alert. Ate rare tuna and alive two days later... Shut up food police I am an adult. I digress. King Salmon rocked it. Ribs were finger licking good. Micheal was attentive, knowledgable about the restaurant, food prep, beer and the wine list (sorry, no beer drinks here) and an excellent server. I have been in the wine trade for 41 years and this is in my top ten list. We will eat here on every trip. We stayed in Anchorage the first night to be able to eat here. Then we went to our regular stay at the Aleska in Girdwood. You may edit the following but while I am here, The Double Musky in Girdwood is another gem of a restaurant and highly recommended. And wine ? Yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaWildpartyDined on 8/2/2014Was nice to find out you changed the recipe back for the Thai Chicken Pizza. I haven't been back since having the one you changed to that just wasn't good at all so was pleasantly surprised. Thanks. I do prefer the old crust you used to use for it but still like what you have now. I think our waitress may have been new or could have been just extremely busy but over all you have a great restraunt. Please open one in Eagle River!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceMikeDVIPDined on 7/29/2014In Anchorage for a day at the end of our trip. Picked Glacier Brewhouse for the ratings. Great choice. Several cuts above average brewpub. Grilled halibut was excellent. My wife's salmon also great. Terrific service. We ate at nine. Earliest reservation available. *It's a hot place but worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.