737 W. 5th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.glacierbrewhouse.com/
- Phone: 9072742739x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Sunday - 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Aaron Schropp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our Conference Room seats up to fourteen guests around a granite conference table and is perfect for small business meetings and private celebrations. It is located in the corner of our dining room, behind the French doors. Amenities include a video tape recorder/television and an amplifier separate from the dining room system, allowing you to tune the music to your function. A flip chart is available for use also. We treat this room as another dining room table, requiring no special menu arrangements. We anticipate the use of this room for lunch or dinner service, allowing two hours per meal. If you would like extended use of this room, special arrangements are gladly made - just let us know. Reservations for this room are handled by our front desk crew, just like other dining room reservations.
- Private Party Contact: BrewHouse Front Desk 9072742739x
- Special Events: Growler Tuesday
64 ozs. of Pure Pleasure!
$5.00 Growlers for our Craft Beers
Blonde • Amber • India Pale Ale • Hefeweizen • Oatmeal
Stout • Raspberry Wheat • Export Lager
$10.00 Growlers for our Specialty Ales
Imperial Blonde • Double IPA (DIPA)
These Crazy Prices are only valid on Tuesday of each week.
- Cross Street: H
- Public Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the street and in several nearby public parking lots.
NEW Easy, Convenient Parking is now just steps away! The Alaska State Legislature Parking lot (just behind the BrewHouse back door) is now open to the public for Parking weekdays after 5:30PM and ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday. Street level parking only. $1.00 an hour is the charge at this lot.
A word from Glacier BrewHouse
You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, wood fired pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Glacier BrewHouse - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Glacier BrewHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (161)hot spot (148)special occasion (147)fit for foodies (132)great for lunch (118)neighborhood gem (105)vibrant bar scene (76)kid-friendly (48)great for brunch (44)late-night find (41)romantic (36)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food and service was amazing! Best steak I've ever had!Special Features:
- Show NightFishfaceDined on 10/25/2014Food is always great and just a walk to the PAC for an evening show.Special Features:
- What a meal....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed our meal so much....and the service was awesome....So many people to get what you need, and always checking up on you. Had reservations for 4:45 and noticed there was a wait so it means its good. Loved the menu items and the sides. Portions were huge. Drinks were great. Peanut Butter pie was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marekting is in charge hereNOISYDined on 10/21/2014labeling noise level - which is VBERY high - as energetic on the survey makes this a marketing tool only - not a useful surveySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for those in the scene.TboneDined on 10/21/2014If you like to cook and love the atmosphere of an open kitchen and the bells and whistles that go along with that, you'd enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Had another delicious meal at Glacier brewhouse. But when I made my reservation I stated I needed a high chair and a booster for the 2 children in our party. They had assigned us a booth anyway and then the hostesses tried saying "well sorry, that's where we have you". I interrupted her and said look at the reservation where she confirmed she saw my request. She had to get a second opinion from the other hostess on what to do. They scratched their heads trying to figure out what to do. I was firm that I was not willing to wait long since I had a reservation which stated the seating needs. So we were handed a buzzer while 2 tables got pushed together and arranged. Very disappointed in the way the conversation went and lack of accountabilitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service and food.BrockDined on 10/20/2014We celebrated our co-workers birthday and had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasent evening4ever4Dined on 10/19/2014We wanted to get something to eat before a show but were worried we would have enough time. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was great & fast. We had plenty of time and didn't feel rushed. We will definitely do it again now that we know.Special Features:
- ReservationMeister777Dined on 10/18/2014I enjoy the food, the pizza was amazing. The one thing that was disappointing was the time it took to seat even though I had a reservation at 630pm. It's took 20 min to be seated. The food tasted awesome. The service was awesome. They even ask about any time constraint me and my date might have. This is a great serving staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BADNITEDined on 10/18/2014POOR SERVICE. reservation 615pm. food ordered 625 and was served at 720. Ribs arrived burnt / charred. Was told food cooked over wood, but manager agreed the ribs were over charred. Ribs removed from bill, Prime rib dinner forced to eat in 10 min in order to attend 8PM show at Atwood. Was told restaurant was very busy. The dinner for the wife was salad. Manager offered dessert on the house but did not understand 735 and prime rib dinner still not consumed, no time for dessert. Manager did apologize. BAD NIGHT OUT.
- Glacier BrewhousedinnerdatesDined on 10/18/2014I made reservations several weeks before, and we were seated right away! We ordered drinks and an appetizer and weren't pushed to order. When we did order, I read the menu wrong and thought that my dinner came with something different than it did. I asked, and instead of showing me the menu, I was charged an extra side price for some extra veggies that I thought were coming with the dinner. Our waiter didn't come back til we were almost done eating, and other waitresses had come to clear our table. When he returned, I asked about my blue rare steak, and whether that was cooks choice for medium rare. He apologized and said it was pretty rare. I did get a free dessert without asking. We will be trying other downtown eateries for future dates.Special Features:
- BarnygoogleDined on 10/18/2014Like always this place is great the service is top of to line. And all the people who work at Brewhouse are so nice and friendly . That's why we always come back. Oyea and the food the best. Thanks again Barny GoogleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deeliciousLeonorahDined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was the best, very attentive and friendly. My food was delicious but on the oily side. My leftovers did not do well in my hotel room so I had to toss it, bummer since I wanted to finish it. Great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairLoveAKDined on 10/17/2014My meal was tasty, however, my spouse had a hard time finding something he liked on the menu. The waitress was very polite but brought us another tables food, then delivered our food to the table next to ours. Paying the bill I saw she charged my credit card 86.36 but the bill was for 28.80. She had accidently charged my card to another table's bill. She did void the charge and appologize but our overall experience wasn't great. We used to eat lunch there often. They were quick and had daily special sandwiches for lunch. Very convienent if you work downtown. Since they have changed their menu, they no longer have daily sandwiches, the time from order to check out is significantly delayed and we are less impressed overall.
- Last Dinner in Ancchorage for nowbigskibenDined on 10/14/2014It was great to take my team leads out to dinner. We had a wonderful dining experiecne and were ableSpecial Features:
- muffieshatDined on 10/13/2014We had the rock fish special. It was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday AfternoonDateNightDined on 10/12/2014The food was great- our waiter was not very was lackluster - didn't come by to check on us, ask if we wanted another glass of wine or to remove the appetizer plates. Fortunately we have been there many times and knew what we wanted - had we been newbies we might have been disappointed. Awesome food and left sataisfied with our food choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did prices go up?YummyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was great as usual but our bill was over $100. We have been there several times at it us usually 1/2 that price. Did you raise your prices?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid-FriendlyIGalaskankatieDined on 10/11/2014We had a dinner and a show date with our daughter and everyone was extremely sweet to her. The pumpkin ale was outstanding and I'll be returning again soon to order the ahi meal. Outstanding! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a hopping and happening placeAlaskagirlDined on 10/11/2014My recent visit to Glacier Brewhouse was on a busy night with lots of events occurring downtown. We were greeted and seated on time. Our wait staff was prompt, pleasant and knowledgeable. Our drinks and food were great. The salads are fresh and delicious and the Fettuccine Jambalaya continues to be a favorite. For a lively restaurant with a great bar, Glacier Brewhouse can't be beat.Special Features:
- Noisy and learn to be patientWantrefillsDined on 10/11/2014Your food is good, anytime we go anywhere this past couple months we always feel ourselves comparing to your dishes. The huge downfall is the noise level, your atmosphere is starting to sound like a bar, keeps me from dining there in the evening. Your staff needs help with refills and checking up on you. Three different visit I have learned if I just hold up my glass in the air I will get a refill, they don't check on you until the order is up. This is why i keep wandering to different places, because I don't have to ask for refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placecrow8Dined on 10/10/2014Overall it was a great place to go. Ordered two rib eyes. Rib eye was $33 and incredibly tough. Couldn't even cut or chew it. Threw it out.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!luv2dineDined on 10/10/2014We had a great experience at the Brewhouse. We made a reservation a couple days prior and found street parking. The atmosphere is great and perfect if you like a place with energy. I can't speak for every dish as I have not tried them all but I have never had a plate that I regretted here. I will speak high for the Seared Tuna, Breaded Halibut, and the Roasted Chicken…a lll amazing! The service was excellent. Our waitress told us she was newer and would be shadowed by another wait staff member, but we never noticed any issue and actually thought she was great. The prices were reasonable and with several options to cover the different price level and pallet. This place is clearly well managed. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceakgirlDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful time. The service was great. The food was delish.Special Features:
- We are never disappointed!forktastic2niteDined on 10/9/2014Me and my wife dine out here almost every time we are in town. We love the atmosphere and friendly service. One big thing for me is the Gluten Free menu. "Go BrewHouse!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambiance!AkTwinDined on 10/8/2014We had a lovely evening seated next to the fire; dinner was cooked to perfection as always, and our waiter was top notch! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPT86Dined on 10/6/2014Immediately upon walking into the Glacier BrewHouse you are greeted warmly by the hostess. The decor is rustic chic with open rafters and a large fireplace in the center of the room. I highly recommend the seafood chowder and pear & goat cheese salad. The soup is creamy and rich in flavor and the salad with crisp pears, candied nuts, dried figs and a pear vinaigrette is delicious. The steaks and crab cakes were all very good as well. The wait staff was attentive without being overbearing. Will definitely visit again when in Anchorage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place, as usualFoodiesDined on 10/3/2014We are never disappointed here. The food and beer are good. We had a really good waiter who was friendly and attentive without being over-bearing. The only thing that could be better is a change in the noise level, but I have yet to find a place in Anchorage that is busy and quiet at the same time. People who aren't used to Alaska prices might be shocked, but now I'm used to it (comparable pricing with better quality than some of the competition).Special Features:
- Excellent Meal!chktrkDined on 10/2/2014The Brewhouse is a favorite! We eat there every time we are in Anchorage and have never been disappointed. The food was outstanding-as was the service!
- Captain SorensenTravelproDined on 10/2/2014Very ejoyable dinner after a long tiring day of flying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glacier BrewHouse OutstandingSmokinGDined on 10/1/2014Had some very good friends join us from out of town and it was their first time to dine at Glacier BrewHouse and as always it was a fantastic night over great food, beer and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and Management!LoveYummyFoodDined on 10/1/2014Our service was spot on and the Manager even inquired about our meal and experience. Very fun atmosphere and lively place. Amazing food and fun cocktails too.Special Features:
- GTAMPastorVIPDined on 9/30/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Anchorage! I make it a point to have dinner here every time I'm in town. Absolutely love the food, they are consistently top notch. They are also willing to go off menu and prepare something for you as long as they have the ingredients. They do this for me all of the time when I want halibut prepared like one of their salmon dishes. The one down side is it can be very busy, so be sure to make a reservation otherwise the wait can be quite lengthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencefoodnaticDined on 9/30/2014Was recommended by a friend to try out glacier brew house for a nice fine dinning place. Reserved space for a party of four for my girlfriendson birthday dinner, but was surprisingly plenty of space for a small party such as mine. The host were friendly the waitress were great and the food was even better. A must go in Anchorage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, adequate serviceCentavoDined on 9/29/2014Made reservations at this restaurant because we have had great food and great service before. The service was adequate, but the food was disappointing. Not sure what has happened during the last couple years, but I would have to give an overall rating for this restaurant 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, wonderful serviceNikitaDined on 9/29/2014This is by far my first time to Glacier Brewhouse. I've always loved the food and service there. I recently took my dad to the Brewhouse for his 60th birthday and we had a wonderful meal and probably one of the best servers there. Thanks so much for helping me create a wonderful memory.Special Features:
- new menu not as goodserialluncheeDined on 9/29/2014The GB menu has changed. They no longer have the pulled pork sandwich. The pulled pork sandwich was soooo good. I'm disappointed it's no longer on the menu.Special Features:
- Nice place for special occasionhappyhusbandDined on 9/28/2014the food was well prepared and the ambience excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give and TakeFirstDined on 9/27/2014We had 3 left handed people and were not able to switch to round table but were given a longer booth. Service was okay and seemed distracted but did go to Orso to get tiramisu for our table. Food was as we ordered it and prepared well. Had gluten free menu as requested in reservation and bday dessert had candle in it. Had to flag someone down to get refill on soda. Bread to the table came right before the appetizer. Felt like we were yelling to hear each other and couldn't hear the far side of booth with the loud "ambiance". Overall, glad we had a reservation, food great, service good, as expected.Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceFullin907Dined on 9/25/2014We had a work lunch for 6 people. The service and food were on point. We will be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.