737 W. 5th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.glacierbrewhouse.com/
- Phone: (907) 274-2739
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday 4:00 pm - 9:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Jolene Moellers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our Conference Room seats up to fourteen guests around a granite conference table and is perfect for small business meetings and private celebrations. It is located in the corner of our dining room, behind the French doors. Amenities include a video tape recorder/television and an amplifier separate from the dining room system, allowing you to tune the music to your function. A flip chart is available for use also. We treat this room as another dining room table, requiring no special menu arrangements. We anticipate the use of this room for lunch or dinner service, allowing two hours per meal. If you would like extended use of this room, special arrangements are gladly made - just let us know. Reservations for this room are handled by our front desk crew, just like other dining room reservations.
- Private Party Contact: BrewHouse Front Desk 9072742739x
- Special Events: Growler Tuesday
64 ozs. of Pure Pleasure!
$5.00 Growlers for our Craft Beers
Blonde • Amber • India Pale Ale • Hefeweizen • Oatmeal
Stout • Raspberry Wheat • Export Lager
$10.00 Growlers for our Specialty Ales
Imperial Blonde • Double IPA (DIPA)
These Crazy Prices are only valid on Tuesday of each week.
- Cross Street: H
- Public Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the street and in several nearby public parking lots.
NEW Easy, Convenient Parking is now just steps away! The Alaska State Legislature Parking lot (just behind the BrewHouse back door) is now open to the public for Parking weekdays after 5:30PM and ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday. Street level parking only. $1.00 an hour is the charge at this lot.
A word from Glacier BrewHouse
You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, brick oven pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Glacier BrewHouse - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Glacier BrewHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
330 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (154)special occasion (143)fit for foodies (135)hot spot (133)great for lunch (114)neighborhood gem (97)vibrant bar scene (70)kid-friendly (51)great for brunch (49)romantic (41)late-night find (35)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- bad service/cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014Had the seafood pAsta plate, my mom had the pasta special. It took an hour from the time we sat down until we received our food. When we finally got it, you could look at the food and see that it was sitting under the heart lamp for awhile and it tasted like it as well. My plate cane with clams, not 1 clan was in its shell and about every 5th or so bite of my food, I would be chewin clam shell. Well never go backSpecial Features:
- Our anniversary night.....AlaskansDined on 11/20/2014Our table with chairs was close to the entrance of the restaurant. The table behind ours was placed too close to our table because every time the gentleman behind me shifted in his chair, I felt small bumps and vibrations. He was very kind and would say sorry, but we both realized we were too packed in for the space provided (we were both of normal size). We did try to move our table a little more away from his table. Other than that, the food was delicious and the service was great! My husband and I chose your restaurant as the place to celebrate our 21st anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful serverReverendDonDined on 11/17/2014Our server was a joy. She carefully answered all of our questions and made minor modifications to suit dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately there aren't many other choices...TasterDined on 11/16/2014It looks like a nice place, and the crowd would indicate potentially good food. But that's where the hope ends. The pizza crust was soft and the toppings as rare as a four leaf clover. The $50 Alaska King crab dinner was way below average. The shells weren't firm like they should be if steamed correctly. The filet was over cooked and the replacement piece they served was a 7 mm thick flank steak they tried to pass off (insultingly) as a filet. The fish was overly peppered and exceptionally dry. I can't recall a more disappointing experience at any restaurant, ever. I would recommend going ANYPLACE else.
- skipper29Dined on 11/13/2014I have written a personal review for the restaurant congratulating them on their service. The Glacier is a fun place to visit and we always enjoy the lively ambience and the attractive way the food is presented. It's great that we were able to make a reservation and walk right in to our table. We had an extra guest join us and the server was prompt to take care of their order.Special Features:
- Best Anchorage Restaurant!KodiakzackDined on 11/11/2014Love the food, the fireplace, the comfortable booths, the kids menu, the housemade brews, the service. Best restaurant in Alaska.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tc/cc-double birthday celebrationtcccDined on 11/9/2014We were seated promptly, even though we were early. Our drinks were served in a timely manner. our appetizers were brought to us hot and in a reasonable time, considering they were busy. Soups/salads came out before meal and were timed out well. Entrees were correct and hot when brought out, as well as delicious. Only problem was server forgot to put in order for one entree, apologized and said they would put in a hot rush on it, yet it took 20 to 25 minutes get it to the table, which is unacceptable for a medium cooked flatiron steak, which only takes 8 minutes to cook. This was disappointing for such a great place with normally great service. They did serve us complimentary desserts, which were very good as well. We will definately go back and give another chance, great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServicecrosswindDined on 11/9/2014The food was great as usual, but unfortunately this last time we came the service wasn't great. Our waitress was very slow and not very friendly. She rarely came to check on us and we had a very large party of people. She could have made a better tip because our bill was around $200, but we only gave her the bare minimum 10%. Normally we give around 15%-20% for a tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent brunch, marginal serviceScottDined on 11/9/2014Food was OK. I've been to Brewhouse before and the food is usually killer! My wife's Crab Egg's Benedict had maybe at most a teaspoon of hollandaise sauce on it (one of the main ingredients of Benedict's), they were also very overcooked (oil needed to be changed). The server did a check back...when our plates were empty. Should at the longest be 2-min into the meal to see if there are any issues with the food. He was polite...just not attentive. Not trying to be a "Negative Nancy" however I've always considered the Brewhouse to be one of the best in Anchorage and hope to see better if/ when I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cpcarpDined on 11/9/2014We went in twice this weekend and both times were great...once was a drop in and the other was an open table reservation...service was excellent both times...service is what brings me back to a restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAntdiggieDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant has everything you need to enjoy yourself. Great food, good lighting, great service, good drinks. I would eat here again and again even thought it's a little pricey it well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's changed over the years.MercedezDined on 11/8/2014We used to come here a lot. It has been 3-4 years since we have a longer drive. Their serving size used to be bigger for the cost. The cheddar pot, what used to be a nice size bowl of a cheddar/peppers/? And bread wedges, is now a tiny bowl with chips. The chips took away the elegance of the dish. Now it's just chip and dip in a small version. The food was good but not what I used to experience. Whatever you had would melt in your mouth. I had their special which was Cioppino. This dish, when ordered at other restaurants, is full of flavor. However, what I ordered at Glacier Brewhouse was under flavored and watered down. Pretty disappointing for the price you pay. We did get a place by the fireplace as requested. That was a nice experience.Special Features:
- Good Brunch ExperienceMattDined on 11/8/2014We had a booth for 6 for the weekend brunch, but had a late 7th. The hostess and waitress found us a larger table even though the restaurant was quite full. I had steak and eggs- it was good (but not amazing). 3 in our party had they Build Your Own Bloody Mary, which was a pretty cool choice of vodkas, salts, mixes, and ingredients.Special Features:
- Great Food as usualFlightCrewVIPDined on 11/7/2014Staff was so accommodating to our party of 7. They had our table ready 30 minutes early, and even tho our whole party didn't show up until the actual reservation time, they insisted we sit at the table, relax and have a drink. No RUSH. Nice.Special Features:
- Great NightscottntammyDined on 11/7/2014Awesome experience with awesome friends! Dinner was great, service great! Would recommend to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ribs were wonderfullakesidegalVIPDined on 11/6/2014As usual, dinner was great. We had reservations and were seated as soon as we walked in. We had our drinks within minutes and the dinner was very good, two of us had the ribs and it was a huge order, could have easily split it. One nice thing about the Brewhouse is that you can order a half order.Special Features:
- Glacier Brew experienceMomoDined on 11/2/2014Great food, great beer, great place to meet friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Anchorage mustFLGramiChelleDined on 11/2/2014The food was great and love all the beers. Everyone who visits Anchorage should try this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Glacier BrewhousealaskadinerDined on 11/2/2014This was our families first time at the Glacier Brewhouse and we were quite impressed. Everyone of the meals that we ordered were a hit. We came in with the imression that it would be like most brewhouse(we came from Colorado) and found out in short order that that was not the case. Our server was very attentive to our needs which made our dining experience that much better. We would recommend the Glacier Brewhouse to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Goodjpb49Dined on 11/2/2014Food was excellent as usual. Had a $23 steak that was way better than any $35 fillet you would find at a local steak house, the sides and presentation were as good as you would find in any nice restaurant. My wife enjoyed the chicken, it is her favorite and she orders it almost every time, very tender and lots of good flavor (the Oatmeal Stout marinade is quite good!). Salad was good, but a little too much dressing on my ceaser. My wife had a garden salad that she enjoyed. Their chowder is always excellent. Peanut butter pie is also tasty and very filling. Always dislike the noise level, but the food and service keep us going back. Server was very nice and quite attentive, only negative was that I was never offered a refill on my water.Special Features:
- AMAZINGNikki8830Dined on 11/1/2014I've been here a few times, and each time it gets better. The servers are very familiar with the menu. I would recommend making a reservation. It does get quite busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placekbookerDined on 10/31/2014The atmosphere is beautiful and the food was delicious and very beautifully displayed on the plate. We were seated by the fireplace and it was not too warm. Our waitress was very attentive and kept up with everything that we needed.Special Features:
- outsideinDined on 10/30/2014I recommended a table by the fire and was accommodated. It was my daughter's birthday. The waiter was fantastic. He was friendly and on top of his game. It was a great dining experience. I was very pleased.Special Features:
- food just okjpjpDined on 10/29/2014This was the first real restraint we tried in anchorage, nothing was really horrible but we were just not impressed with the food quality. Service was great food was really over priced.
- Food and friendsStaceyDined on 10/29/2014We met two other couples for dinner before a Tim McGraw concert. Service was great and good was delicious. They have by far the best peanut butter pie in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A consistently good experience!Gregory907Dined on 10/28/2014I do not live in Anchorage but I make it a point to visit the Brewhouse whenever I can. I have never had a bad experience. I had the pumpkin ale and it was delicious. This time I irdered the flat iron steak and it was perfectly done. Our waitress was timely and on point. No mistakes and no waiting. Thank you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food and service was amazing! Best steak I've ever had!Special Features:
- Show NightFishfaceDined on 10/25/2014Food is always great and just a walk to the PAC for an evening show.Special Features:
- What a meal....KeepGoodGoingDined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed our meal so much....and the service was awesome....So many people to get what you need, and always checking up on you. Had reservations for 4:45 and noticed there was a wait so it means its good. Loved the menu items and the sides. Portions were huge. Drinks were great. Peanut Butter pie was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marekting is in charge hereNOISYDined on 10/21/2014labeling noise level - which is VBERY high - as energetic on the survey makes this a marketing tool only - not a useful surveySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for those in the scene.TboneDined on 10/21/2014If you like to cook and love the atmosphere of an open kitchen and the bells and whistles that go along with that, you'd enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Had another delicious meal at Glacier brewhouse. But when I made my reservation I stated I needed a high chair and a booster for the 2 children in our party. They had assigned us a booth anyway and then the hostesses tried saying "well sorry, that's where we have you". I interrupted her and said look at the reservation where she confirmed she saw my request. She had to get a second opinion from the other hostess on what to do. They scratched their heads trying to figure out what to do. I was firm that I was not willing to wait long since I had a reservation which stated the seating needs. So we were handed a buzzer while 2 tables got pushed together and arranged. Very disappointed in the way the conversation went and lack of accountabilitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service and food.BrockDined on 10/20/2014We celebrated our co-workers birthday and had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasent evening4ever4Dined on 10/19/2014We wanted to get something to eat before a show but were worried we would have enough time. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was great & fast. We had plenty of time and didn't feel rushed. We will definitely do it again now that we know.Special Features:
- ReservationMeister777Dined on 10/18/2014I enjoy the food, the pizza was amazing. The one thing that was disappointing was the time it took to seat even though I had a reservation at 630pm. It's took 20 min to be seated. The food tasted awesome. The service was awesome. They even ask about any time constraint me and my date might have. This is a great serving staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BADNITEDined on 10/18/2014POOR SERVICE. reservation 615pm. food ordered 625 and was served at 720. Ribs arrived burnt / charred. Was told food cooked over wood, but manager agreed the ribs were over charred. Ribs removed from bill, Prime rib dinner forced to eat in 10 min in order to attend 8PM show at Atwood. Was told restaurant was very busy. The dinner for the wife was salad. Manager offered dessert on the house but did not understand 735 and prime rib dinner still not consumed, no time for dessert. Manager did apologize. BAD NIGHT OUT.
- Glacier BrewhousedinnerdatesDined on 10/18/2014I made reservations several weeks before, and we were seated right away! We ordered drinks and an appetizer and weren't pushed to order. When we did order, I read the menu wrong and thought that my dinner came with something different than it did. I asked, and instead of showing me the menu, I was charged an extra side price for some extra veggies that I thought were coming with the dinner. Our waiter didn't come back til we were almost done eating, and other waitresses had come to clear our table. When he returned, I asked about my blue rare steak, and whether that was cooks choice for medium rare. He apologized and said it was pretty rare. I did get a free dessert without asking. We will be trying other downtown eateries for future dates.Special Features:
- BarnygoogleDined on 10/18/2014Like always this place is great the service is top of to line. And all the people who work at Brewhouse are so nice and friendly . That's why we always come back. Oyea and the food the best. Thanks again Barny GoogleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deeliciousLeonorahDined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was the best, very attentive and friendly. My food was delicious but on the oily side. My leftovers did not do well in my hotel room so I had to toss it, bummer since I wanted to finish it. Great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairLoveAKDined on 10/17/2014My meal was tasty, however, my spouse had a hard time finding something he liked on the menu. The waitress was very polite but brought us another tables food, then delivered our food to the table next to ours. Paying the bill I saw she charged my credit card 86.36 but the bill was for 28.80. She had accidently charged my card to another table's bill. She did void the charge and appologize but our overall experience wasn't great. We used to eat lunch there often. They were quick and had daily special sandwiches for lunch. Very convienent if you work downtown. Since they have changed their menu, they no longer have daily sandwiches, the time from order to check out is significantly delayed and we are less impressed overall.