737 W. 5th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.glacierbrewhouse.com/
- Phone: 9072742739x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 10:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Monday 4:00 pm - 9:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Aaron Schropp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our Conference Room seats up to fourteen guests around a granite conference table and is perfect for small business meetings and private celebrations. It is located in the corner of our dining room, behind the French doors. Amenities include a video tape recorder/television and an amplifier separate from the dining room system, allowing you to tune the music to your function. A flip chart is available for use also. We treat this room as another dining room table, requiring no special menu arrangements. We anticipate the use of this room for lunch or dinner service, allowing two hours per meal. If you would like extended use of this room, special arrangements are gladly made - just let us know. Reservations for this room are handled by our front desk crew, just like other dining room reservations.
- Private Party Contact: BrewHouse Front Desk 9072742739x
- Special Events: Growler Tuesday
64 ozs. of Pure Pleasure!
$5.00 Growlers for our Craft Beers
Blonde • Amber • India Pale Ale • Hefeweizen • Oatmeal
Stout • Raspberry Wheat • Export Lager
$10.00 Growlers for our Specialty Ales
Imperial Blonde • Double IPA (DIPA)
These Crazy Prices are only valid on Tuesday of each week.
- Cross Street: H
- Public Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the street and in several nearby public parking lots.
NEW Easy, Convenient Parking is now just steps away! The Alaska State Legislature Parking lot (just behind the BrewHouse back door) is now open to the public for Parking weekdays after 5:30PM and ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday. Street level parking only. $1.00 an hour is the charge at this lot.
A word from Glacier BrewHouse
You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, wood fired pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Glacier BrewHouse - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Glacier BrewHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
369 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (162)special occasion (152)hot spot (149)fit for foodies (137)great for lunch (120)neighborhood gem (109)vibrant bar scene (74)kid-friendly (58)great for brunch (44)late-night find (44)romantic (34)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Good food, adequate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014Made reservations at this restaurant because we have had great food and great service before. The service was adequate, but the food was disappointing. Not sure what has happened during the last couple years, but I would have to give an overall rating for this restaurant 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014This is by far my first time to Glacier Brewhouse. I've always loved the food and service there. I recently took my dad to the Brewhouse for his 60th birthday and we had a wonderful meal and probably one of the best servers there. Thanks so much for helping me create a wonderful memory.Special Features:
- new menu not as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The GB menu has changed. They no longer have the pulled pork sandwich. The pulled pork sandwich was soooo good. I'm disappointed it's no longer on the menu.Special Features:
- Nice place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014the food was well prepared and the ambience excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give and TakeFirstDined on 9/27/2014We had 3 left handed people and were not able to switch to round table but were given a longer booth. Service was okay and seemed distracted but did go to Orso to get tiramisu for our table. Food was as we ordered it and prepared well. Had gluten free menu as requested in reservation and bday dessert had candle in it. Had to flag someone down to get refill on soda. Bread to the table came right before the appetizer. Felt like we were yelling to hear each other and couldn't hear the far side of booth with the loud "ambiance". Overall, glad we had a reservation, food great, service good, as expected.Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceFullin907Dined on 9/25/2014We had a work lunch for 6 people. The service and food were on point. We will be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Herb crusted halibut was amazing! Liked the IPA best among the beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.WashDined on 9/24/2014Always like this place, but this time was a miss. The house smoked salmon in the Salmon BLT wedge salad was most unappetizing. The took it off the bill though, so will try again.Special Features:
- Glacier Brewhouse still a favoriteAv8trFalcon7XDined on 9/23/2014The standards of quality food and service are not compromised. I have been coming here for +10 years and still find this as one of my most favorite restaurants in Anchorage. The food is abundant and of high quality. All preparations were done to perfection. Use of local fresh products adds to the variety and enjoyment of each meal. Their locally produced beer is a great addition to any meal. Reservations are a must if you have more than 2 people.Special Features:
- alaskacooperDined on 9/23/2014I always love coming to Brew House. This time was for a work lunch and everything was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always hopping, consistently goodChiGrahamDined on 9/22/2014Glacier Brewhouse is always hopping and it is consistently good. Decent variety on the menu, but it's cohesive, too. Great local brews as well.Special Features:
- Great Beer, Great Foodpr0ph34dDined on 9/22/2014As always the wait staff was professional and courteous. The beer selection is very good (I had the Oatmeal Stout) and I haven't been disappointed with any of my choices. It's amazing how busy the place was on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just "ok"asemk900Dined on 9/21/2014They pack people in there like cattle so the person behind you is literally less than a foot away. The menu is... choppy. I wish they had more options for steaks/pastas/seafood dishes rather than adding in the oddities of pizza and other things. I think the menu could be fine tuned. I ordered the ribeye with some sort of glaze. There was literally a drizzle of the glaze on the asparagus. The char flavor overwhelmed everything on the plate. Our server was super chipper but we had to ask for everything we wanted (bread, wine, water, etc). We ordered an app as well as salads and our app came after our salad. That is no the order food should come out. I hadn't finished my salad before my entrée came. I just don't see a huge need to go back.Special Features:
- Just OKquietravelerDined on 9/20/2014We have dined periodically at the GBH since it opened. While we have always enjoyed the food, this time it was just OK, and the prices have really gone up. My husband's pasta dish was a disappointment; the other entrees were average but not memorable. Their bread was not up to the usual standards. We ordered their signature dessert, bread pudding. It should have been heated through but was still cool in the center. The service was excellent despite being a busy Saturday night before a major concert.
- Above average place in AnchorageGoldenDinerDined on 9/17/2014Good variety of dishes, well presented. Do NOT miss the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie!! The one negative is the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimberlyDined on 9/15/2014The chili lime shrimp was a new addition to the menu since my last visit. It was amazing! We had reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival even though the place was packed.Special Features:
- I like the brunchBeckyinAlaskaDined on 9/14/2014I've been going to the Brewhouse for many years and had yet to try the brunch menu. I made reservations, which was smart, given the popularity of this place and its downtown location. The brunch menu had a nice variety of items and was small enough to ensure the quality. My niece had the crab cake benedict which came with good crab cakes, lots of sauce, potatoes and fresh fruit. I had the skillet, which while tasty, had a few too many red and green peppers in it for my taste. My only criticism would be the use of a chipotle sauce in just about every menu item. While tasty, many people can't handle spicy and it should come on the side. Prices were reasonable. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie gemtmacDined on 9/14/2014Best service, we were sat at a table however I requsted to be moved to a booth and they were more than happy to move us. The food was delicious. Our server was wonderfulI would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish has usualAKnosherDined on 9/11/2014Six of us went to the Brewhouse for a business lunch, which we do regularly. Food was fantastic and service was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Already recommended to others...DaveDined on 9/10/2014We went here on a recommendation and had a great meal. We had some friends that were also going out later and we told them to go to Glacier Brewhouse. Great choice for a relaxing meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extension Journal IncorporatedUAFCESDined on 9/9/2014Excellent experience and OUTSTANDING waitstaff!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Excellent meal and great service! We were here for a convention and would definitely choose glacier brewhouse againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Celebrated the wife's birthday here with friends, service was good, and the food as usual was great. Always a good experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Not what it used to be, including but not limited to, the food quality. Very tourist oriented. Over priced and ridiculously loud! Only providing an option to rate the noise level as quiet, moderate, or energetic is worthless.....it is ridiculously loud!!!!
- Super RestaurantTrvllerDined on 9/7/2014Glacier has the best calamari I have ever had. The fresh fish is always perfectly cooked and tasty. The local beers bring it all together for a great dining experience. It is usually busy, so get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our experienceCathy1Dined on 9/6/2014Went to this restaurant on our trip last week to Anchorage. Since we wanted to eat there on a Saturday, I booked reservations ahead of time. I'm glad I did as they were very busy, but seated us right away. My husband and I enjoyed our food very much, and our waiter even brought me a small sample of their beer cheese soup to see if I would like to order a cup, which I did. We shared a piece of their chocolate, peanut butter pie which was fabulous and would highly recommend. Overall, we were very impressed with all aspects of this restaurant and would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Fun nightNanaandpopDined on 9/4/2014We arrived in Anchorahe on a tour bus, tired and hungry and it was pouring down rain! The Brew House was close by and gad been recommended by a friend. We walked there with another couple and had a great time. The food was great, service was excellent.Special Features:
- IrishHammer58Dined on 9/4/2014Packed and lively, food good ,server good but very busy . A lot depends where and who you are seated near ,we had a bad mannered guy who actually put stuff of his table on to ours ! he got put right sharpish ..Special Features:
- Girls Lunchfun4fourDined on 9/3/2014We were seated promptly and the table was exactly what I had requested. We had a delicious lunch. Mentioned that it was our friend's B'day and she was treated to a dessert. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummycldwthrgrlDined on 9/2/2014We had a reservation and were seated right away, service was good and the food was excellent. We sampled wine, beer & the coffee and cannot complain. The ribeye was cooked just right, the chicken has a smoked flavor that is amazing. If you like peanut butter and chocolate get the peanut butter pie! It's worth a visit just for that.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The King Crab legs were delicious!!! Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- disappointingMrBRCDined on 9/2/2014Had heard from friends and relatives that it was a must eat location. After telling them it was disappointing they said, "yes, it is not always good." If I order a prime rib sandwich I expect recognizable meat...I got chopped roasted overcooked meat...not good. We had a waitress in training who was superb.
- Amazing!IMBeansDined on 9/1/2014I will definitely go back here. Their service was awesome and their foods are yummy! The server was so kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtimeAkanDined on 9/1/2014I hadn't been to Brewhouse for about a year (avoiding the business). Usually have great food....but I was disappointed. Had the salmon pasta salad and the salmon looked like scraps you'd feed to your dog. Vegetables did not seem fresh. Was taking out of town guests out for a great meal and was not impressed with the quality.
- Great Food and a Great TimeWIFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Wow! Glacier BrewHouse was fantastic. We dined as a group of 4 people, each of us had a different meal, and they all were excellent. We tried the beers as well, and truly enjoyed them. Our waitress did a great job, seemed to really enjoy working there-- and it showed in the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAkfoodDined on 8/29/2014We haven't been in about a year due to an extremely terrible visit the last time we were there, but we had out of town guests and thought we would give it another try. Service was poor. Server took plates with food still being eaten away without a single " are you finished with your plate" in which we were not finished. Drinks went without refill, salad swimming in dressing, burger burnt, kids meals poorly put together, and appetizers poorly made.
- stout ale rotisserie chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Very good! Consistently good. I will eat this everytime as long as it is available.Special Features:
- SlippingDellaDined on 8/28/2014I have eaten at GB several times over the past year, and I have noticed a subtle but definite decline in the experience. The attention to little things, like timely greeting of a newly seated table, making sure there is butter in a second basket of bread, watching the temperature and resting time on the steaks...all of those keep adding up to make the experience a good deal less than it was even this time last year. I understand the desire to maximize profits, but the squeezing of too many tables into too little space results in a very loud dining room and much slower service. I have kept going to GB because of the peanut butter pie, but even that isn't good enough to keep me, especially with checks averaging $50+/person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and beerATL2SFVIPDined on 8/28/2014Beer is great with lots to choose from. Seafood is always fresh and cooked properly, although the side dishes that come with the main courses always seem to be an afterthought and not as tasty as the fish. Restaurant can get packed for dinner during Summer months, but can't fault them for being popular.Special Features:
- Highly recommendcityeagleDined on 8/27/2014We made the reservation because was recommended by Fodors. The atmosphere was dynamic. They brew in-house. I had the stout, which was excellent. They make gourmet nachos, which were far and away the best that I have ever had - no gooey mess here. The halibut was excellent. Service was efficient and friendly. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.