Giuseppe's Al Porto
21 Bellwether Way
Bellingham, WA 98225Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Giuseppe's Al Porto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giuseppesitalian.com/
- Phone: 3607148412x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily starting at 11:30
Happy Hour: Daily from 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Al Tramonto (Sunset Dinner) special from 3:00 - 6:00 & regular menu starts at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Christian Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large groups such as weddings and rehearsals. Please contact Giuseppe's Al Porto for all your private dining needs.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe Maruo 3607148412x
A word from Giuseppe's Al Porto
Giuseppe's Al Porto has a spectacular view of Squalicum Marina at Bellingham Bay. Our chefs focus on the freshest local ingredients, while utilizing classic Italian technique; our restaurant is an experience that you cannot afford to miss!! We offer Dining Al Tramonto which is our three course dinner for $20.00 daily from 4:00pm - 6:00pm. Join us for happy hour and our hand crafted cocktails, Italian wines, rotating draft beer as well as delicious bites including Taylor Shellfish mussels, balsamic-glazed ribs and much more!Continued
With our two large outdoor patios as well as our main dining areas, Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
With our two large outdoor patios as well as our main dining areas, Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Giuseppe's Al Porto - Best Restaurants in Bellingham ›
Giuseppe's Al Porto reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (33)scenic view (31)fit for foodies (27)romantic (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- lovetoeatDined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious. The only critique is that the Seafood Bisque was not hot enough and the server didn't offer fresh pepper.Special Features:
- BellinghamsterDined on 9/27/2014The food and service was fantastic.We haven't been there in quite a while,but are glad we made the time this weekend.By far,the best Italian food we've had in Bellingham.Special Features:
- Giuseppe's is FantasticChop733Dined on 9/21/2014We dined in celebration in a party of 7, 5 of us ordered different meals - Unanimously we all thought it was memorable and top of the line quality as well as service - two big thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The reservation process on line was very easy and worked out great. the over all experienc eof the restaurant is wonderful , staff ,ambiance ,food and selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever!quigleyDined on 9/13/2014I have been to Giuseppe's once before and the food was great. We went back the other evening after a quick booking for dinner and the day was beautiful/perfect. Sunny but not overly hot and we dined outside with the view of the marina. There were a number of other couples and at least one foursome outside as well. However, the talk was quiet and we had a wonderful time! Our waitress was superb!! The meals were a bit costly, however the Ahi Tuna salad-worth every cent!! My GFs meal was equally tantalizing to her and we had a wonderful time! I would recommend this FIVE-STAR restaurant to anyone who wants a huge selection of great food with gluten free dishes as well. Best experience I've ever had at a restaurant...that's saying quite a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in Bellingham areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food. Giuseppe's is consistently the best Italian restaurant in the Bellingham/Mt Vernon/Anacortes area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014....always has great food, drinks, patio views and service at reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Bellingham's gemsSFfoodieDined on 8/26/2014Italian restaurants are easy praise -- who doesn't like pasta, and what chef can't cook it al dente? But Giuseppe's pushes the envelope, not to be trendy or "nouvelle," but rather, to present unusually delicious but unexpected options to its diners. Instead of the obligatory deep fried calamari found at most, Giuseppe's offers a yummy, most conventionally Mediterranean-style sautéed version. His kitchen opts for subtle flavors, generally avoiding the heavy garlic and oregano that typical "Italian" restaurants are addicted to. And his house specialties are sometimes stellar, especially his Fettucine Giardini Naxos -- a fettucini with generous servings of prawn, scallops and mussels in a zingy curry-tinged sauce. Long live Giuseppe's!Special Features:
- Painfully slow inattentive serviceIhatechosingtheseDined on 8/20/2014Food and atmosphere were great. Waiter failed to clear plates before next course. We had to shuffle empty plates around to make room. Coffee was never topped off. Forty minute wait after main course finished before being asked to select desert. We now have disappointingly low expectations for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch for a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014The services was great and the food was great i would recamend to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatgoodDined on 8/15/2014We have been here before but this last time the food was outstanding , I ordered the salmon and my friend had the halibut and bOth dishes were cooked to perfection and delicious. the service was also very prompt and good. The owner has always been there and helping out too. We will go back anytime.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSLALDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I went to Giuseppe's for our anniversary this year. The restaurant was very quiet. It was 7pm on a weeknight. The waitstaff was attentive, but also gave us plenty of space for private conversation. The food (chicken parmigiana and portobello/gorgonzola topped steak) was extremely tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- batomeDined on 8/4/2014delicious Italian style steak, vegetables and potatoes, big glass of enjoyable red wine, lovely cafe atmosphere for our lunch here. we had a great time.Special Features:
- A Find in Bellingham, WATomBVIPDined on 8/3/2014Giuseppe's Al Porto was a “find” while on vacation. Beginning with a great setting in the marina, Giuseppe’s exceeded my every expectation for the meal I enjoyed with my wife. I suggest the rigatoni with sausage which was perfectly seasoned. You cannot leave here unsatisfied with the dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Had a quiet dinner with my wife on our anniversary. Staff were great. We were alone in our own section by a window for most of our meal. Food was great. Limited selections on the menu for vegetarians, but did well with extra appetizers/side dishes (were told modifications of other main menu items were possible).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrandyDined on 7/17/2014We were dissapointed. We were not welcomed on arrival, our salad was not fresh. The pasta was OK. The desert was ordinary. The only thing special was the view.Special Features:
- Good Italian!travelinramblerDined on 7/17/2014Went here with husband and a friend for dinner after work- great relaxed atmosphere, good food. The service may be considered a bit slow by some, but we enjoyed being given ample time to chat and eat between appetizers, the main meal, and dessert. All three of us ordered different meals and we were all equally pleased. I would definitely come back here for a date night with the hubby to relax, eat some good food, and sit on the patio. Well done!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014everything was wonderful --great service, exceptional authentic Italian flare and flavor!Special Features:
- Food was excellent!karen4Dined on 7/4/2014Giuseppe's was a real find. We love good Italian food and this was exceptional. The atmosphere was casual and fun and the service was outstanding. We'll go again soon.Special Features:
- Favorate restaurant in BellinghameTheKinkelasDined on 7/1/2014Hands down, the best italian restaurant in Bellingham... or better yet best within 200 miles !Special Features:
- Great on all levelsHappyinBowDined on 6/30/2014Great deck seating and the food was out of this world. Will visit again and again. Service top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wifes birthday dinnerDaleDined on 6/27/2014Four of us were there for my wife's birthday. We happened to pick a very busy night but the help seemed to be handling it well. It was a bit noisy. Two people had never been there before, they were very impressed with the food were already planning a return visit. For the first time I was disappointed with my meal. I had the rack of lamb, medium rare. They were small, overcooked, and the vegetables were tasteless which no amount of salt and pepper could correct. I chalked it up to the place being busy and did not complain. This still remains our favorite restaurant, we come from Whidbey Island. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHelosalesDined on 6/27/2014First I should say that we love this restaurant and like the owner since Whidbey days. We made an early reservation because we were attending a concert at Mt Baker Theatre. We stayed at the Bellwether and, as usual, planned a nice dinner for two. When we were seated, I was a little concerned about bypassing the bar area and being placed at a table for four with children next door. Then the big noise issue arrived with a large party of approx 50 that was seated in the area behind us. I guess I should have expressed my preference for a quieter table for two, which there were plenty of at 5:30pm when we arrived, but I would think the staff would try to seat couples away from noise and children if there is availability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 366 reviews are from the Giuseppe's Al Porto reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Celebrated Father's Day 2014 here. Would order everything again! Delicious meal. Large servings. Nothing disappointed. Mille Grazie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian Faretime4dinrDined on 6/14/2014Spent Father's Day with the family and had a wonderful time. The service is impeccable, the food top rate, and large portions. I've never seen Lasagna portions that big. Not a huge variety of menu items, but well worth what's on the menu.Special Features:
- Great VenuezackmoVIPDined on 6/13/2014For a special event. Food was fresh and service attentive...Special Features:
- Enjoy evening in the NW...PatrickVIPDined on 6/11/2014Beautiful weather in Bellingham last Wed night. Wanted to eat outside with a nice view, and Giuseppe's Al Porto was perfect. Received an email from Open Table that I did not honor my reservation, but a call to the restaurant and an email to Open Table resolved the issue, I believe.Special Features:
- WaitpersonGeorgeDined on 6/5/2014One of our party was gluten-intolerant, and the waiter was so informed. He, however, neglected to mention that the gnocchi were flour-based. The result was a pretty uncomfortable night for my partner. The waiter should have know that gnocchi were inappropriate for a gluten-intolerant diner.Special Features:
- Great food, service abnormally badGlenDined on 5/31/2014Great restaurant for great food and views and setting. No place better on a sunny evening for outdoor dining and usually great service. Food was great tonight, service was horrible!Special Features:
- Great!lala2005Dined on 5/31/2014I was pleased with the menu as well as the food. Great place to go especially when its sunny out so you can take advantage of the outside dining. Great lasagna! They can get busy so food may take a bit longer, but the bread will keep you satisfied until the yummy dishes arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwayschocolateloverDined on 5/31/2014Giuseppe runs a fantastic restaurant, great value, wonderful food. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- Water view and flavorful food.hughandlynnDined on 5/30/2014Consistently a nice experience. Wonderful happy hour with many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellingham WinnerNitpickerDined on 5/16/2014Giuseppes is a big part of the reason that we find no cause to leave Bellingham for great dining The owner is the hardest working person in this busy restaraunt. He personally checks how patrons are enjoying the experience. The staff emulates his friendly and hard working approach. The food is real Italian and always top notch. Prices are reasonable and quite good compared to Seattle. The selection is varied and includes many seafood options. You cannot miss at Giuseppes.Special Features:
- Slow and unsureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Service was slow and inattentive. For the second time in two visits they got my wide's order wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business paintMikeDined on 5/13/2014dinner was exceptional the ahi special was one of the best presentations of ahi i have ever had and its one of my favorites. the appetizer mussells in the red sauce are always first class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mother's Day Brunch EvernotfoodiesDined on 5/11/2014Sunny weather with patio seating overlooking the Bellingham marina. Buffet choices were good but not quite what you would find on a luxury cruise ship. e.g. The prime rib was already cut into thinner slices and placed in warming trays along with baked salmon, scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, and fried potatoes. Servers were not available to do specialty eggs, omelets, etc Menu choices were well stocked and everything that was available was very good. What really made the experience for us was the excellent service. Originally seating in the shade closer to the restaurant made it a little cool. Our server brought out a blanket and moved us to table in the sun when one became available. All the difference in the world!Special Features:
- Brunch not worth the pricefoodieJDined on 5/11/2014Went to Mother's Day brunch expecting an amazing buffet based on my previous experience when they were located in downtown Bellingham. Turns out it was very mediocre. Basic breakfast items only. Seafood was only in prepared dishes that were less than fantastic. I will never go to another one of their buffets again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great Early DinnerFiancessDined on 5/8/2014Giuseppe's is a great restaurant. We especially like their early dinner option because it's wonderfully affordable.Special Features:
- Epicurean DelightGoodfoodDined on 5/6/2014Giuseppe's Al Porto is a magnificent Italian Restaurant with all the ambiance and charm of old world Italian cooking at it's finest. Giuseppe himself is a perfect host for any occasion. He instinctively knows how to ensure his clientele have a wonderful evening either by greeting them personally and visiting the table often or making a kind and subtle appearance to acknowledge his guests without interrupting a more private evening. He is a perfectionist behind every creation that comes out of the kitchen. Fine dining is an art that cannot be taught, and Giuseppe has a spectacular gift at making every meal a delight at his warm and charming restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLenMDined on 5/3/2014Reviews for this restaurant (one of only two listed on Open Table in Bellingham) were generally stellar. Our experience was anything but. We both ordered pasta and a salad. The salads were fine - crisp and fresh - both pastas were lukewarm. We informed our server and, to their credit, the kitchen gave us new servings that we're piping hot. Unfortunately, neither pasta was memorable. My wife's lasagna was devoid of cheese and my cannelloni was tasteless. The service was warm and attentive and the place seems very popular so it must have something going for it - perhaps volume - the portions were generous.Special Features: