Giuseppe's Al Porto
21 Bellwether Way
Bellingham, WA 98225Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Giuseppe's Al Porto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giuseppesitalian.com/
- Phone: (360) 714-8412
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily starting at 11:30
Happy Hour: Daily from 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Al Tramonto (Sunset Dinner) special from 3:00 - 6:00 & regular menu starts at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Christian Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large groups such as weddings and rehearsals. Please contact Giuseppe's Al Porto for all your private dining needs.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe Maruo 3607148412x
A word from Giuseppe's Al Porto
Giuseppe's Al Porto has a spectacular view of Squalicum Marina at Bellingham Bay. Our chefs focus on the freshest local ingredients, while utilizing classic Italian technique; our restaurant is an experience that you cannot afford to miss!! We offer Dining Al Tramonto which is our three course dinner for $20.00 daily from 4:00pm - 6:00pm. Join us for happy hour and our hand crafted cocktails, Italian wines, rotating draft beer as well as delicious bites including Taylor Shellfish mussels, balsamic-glazed ribs and much more!Continued
With our two large outdoor patios as well as our main dining areas, Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
With our two large outdoor patios as well as our main dining areas, Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Giuseppe's Al Porto - Best Restaurants in Bellingham ›
Giuseppe's Al Porto reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)great for outdoor dining (31)scenic view (31)fit for foodies (25)romantic (23)good for groups (17)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014The Panni was very good for my cousins, but my husband and I had the special baked spaghetti with meatballs and it was dry, needed a little more sauce, I could not finish my lunch because it was too dry for me to eat. We had a reservation at 1:30 as we knew that it would be quiet. In the past when we were there at busy time, it was too loud. We also found the tables too close to each other. Other than that, we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Giuseppe'sGreatFood4uDined on 11/14/2014Have been to Giuseppe's many times, great place for a special occasion. My wife loves everything and recommend it to everyone at her employment. When she retired this year the team gave her a gift certificate. Back for another great time and great food. Whether the visit is for a special occasion or a romantic evening out Giuseppe's is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gardengirlDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time at this restaurant for a special birthday celebration. Our server, Amy, was delightful, friendly, and explained the specials to us, which we ordered. The food was incredibly flavorful and delicious, even something as simple as a caesar salad. We even engaged in conversation with regular guests at the table next to us. We have already recommended this place to many friends and will return again to try other menu items. Wish we had been able to thank the owner in person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Mealnavig8Dined on 11/7/2014this was an impulse decision and dinner definitely did not disappoint. wonderful flavors and enticing menu.Special Features:
- JnMc2Dined on 11/7/2014Fantastic food, great ambience. The service however was a bit lacking. There was nobody at the front to greet us and two more families waited behind us wondering if there was a host. When she came, we were seated immediately (a big plus!). Our server - who was very pleasant - unfortunately never seemed to be around when we needed him. It may have been due to the food being prepared longer or just because it was a Friday night. The food however was fantastic. We brought the family- who raved about it. We certainly would come back just for the food alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giuseppe's is a Find!PanchettaDined on 10/29/2014The food was fantastic! First time I ever saw a panchetta panini on a menu. Quality food, Giuseppe is a very nice guy too!Special Features:
- Thank you for a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We came in on a Tuesday for a romantic birthday celebration. Giuseppe greeted us and had clearly not only read the request I sent via Opentable but also shared my request with the staff. We were given a quiet table in our own section. The servers were excellent and attentive but not intrusive. We had a great suggestion from our server for wine and appetizers. The entrees were delicious. The portions generous but not huge. The desserts were also delicious and they found a way to put a candle on the edge of the Affogato dessert plate. Giuseppe came by to check on us and answer questions. I would highly recommend this wonderful restaurant. They will make you feel welcome and special. Get the musssel app, it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatDined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious. The only critique is that the Seafood Bisque was not hot enough and the server didn't offer fresh pepper.Special Features:
- BellinghamsterDined on 9/27/2014The food and service was fantastic.We haven't been there in quite a while,but are glad we made the time this weekend.By far,the best Italian food we've had in Bellingham.Special Features:
- Giuseppe's is FantasticChop733Dined on 9/21/2014We dined in celebration in a party of 7, 5 of us ordered different meals - Unanimously we all thought it was memorable and top of the line quality as well as service - two big thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The reservation process on line was very easy and worked out great. the over all experienc eof the restaurant is wonderful , staff ,ambiance ,food and selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever!quigleyDined on 9/13/2014I have been to Giuseppe's once before and the food was great. We went back the other evening after a quick booking for dinner and the day was beautiful/perfect. Sunny but not overly hot and we dined outside with the view of the marina. There were a number of other couples and at least one foursome outside as well. However, the talk was quiet and we had a wonderful time! Our waitress was superb!! The meals were a bit costly, however the Ahi Tuna salad-worth every cent!! My GFs meal was equally tantalizing to her and we had a wonderful time! I would recommend this FIVE-STAR restaurant to anyone who wants a huge selection of great food with gluten free dishes as well. Best experience I've ever had at a restaurant...that's saying quite a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in Bellingham areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food. Giuseppe's is consistently the best Italian restaurant in the Bellingham/Mt Vernon/Anacortes area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014....always has great food, drinks, patio views and service at reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Bellingham's gemsSFfoodieDined on 8/26/2014Italian restaurants are easy praise -- who doesn't like pasta, and what chef can't cook it al dente? But Giuseppe's pushes the envelope, not to be trendy or "nouvelle," but rather, to present unusually delicious but unexpected options to its diners. Instead of the obligatory deep fried calamari found at most, Giuseppe's offers a yummy, most conventionally Mediterranean-style sautéed version. His kitchen opts for subtle flavors, generally avoiding the heavy garlic and oregano that typical "Italian" restaurants are addicted to. And his house specialties are sometimes stellar, especially his Fettucine Giardini Naxos -- a fettucini with generous servings of prawn, scallops and mussels in a zingy curry-tinged sauce. Long live Giuseppe's!Special Features:
- Painfully slow inattentive serviceIhatechosingtheseDined on 8/20/2014Food and atmosphere were great. Waiter failed to clear plates before next course. We had to shuffle empty plates around to make room. Coffee was never topped off. Forty minute wait after main course finished before being asked to select desert. We now have disappointingly low expectations for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch for a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014The services was great and the food was great i would recamend to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatgoodDined on 8/15/2014We have been here before but this last time the food was outstanding , I ordered the salmon and my friend had the halibut and bOth dishes were cooked to perfection and delicious. the service was also very prompt and good. The owner has always been there and helping out too. We will go back anytime.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSLALDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I went to Giuseppe's for our anniversary this year. The restaurant was very quiet. It was 7pm on a weeknight. The waitstaff was attentive, but also gave us plenty of space for private conversation. The food (chicken parmigiana and portobello/gorgonzola topped steak) was extremely tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- batomeDined on 8/4/2014delicious Italian style steak, vegetables and potatoes, big glass of enjoyable red wine, lovely cafe atmosphere for our lunch here. we had a great time.Special Features:
- A Find in Bellingham, WATomBVIPDined on 8/3/2014Giuseppe's Al Porto was a “find” while on vacation. Beginning with a great setting in the marina, Giuseppe’s exceeded my every expectation for the meal I enjoyed with my wife. I suggest the rigatoni with sausage which was perfectly seasoned. You cannot leave here unsatisfied with the dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 375 reviews are from the Giuseppe's Al Porto reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Had a quiet dinner with my wife on our anniversary. Staff were great. We were alone in our own section by a window for most of our meal. Food was great. Limited selections on the menu for vegetarians, but did well with extra appetizers/side dishes (were told modifications of other main menu items were possible).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrandyDined on 7/17/2014We were dissapointed. We were not welcomed on arrival, our salad was not fresh. The pasta was OK. The desert was ordinary. The only thing special was the view.Special Features:
- Good Italian!travelinramblerDined on 7/17/2014Went here with husband and a friend for dinner after work- great relaxed atmosphere, good food. The service may be considered a bit slow by some, but we enjoyed being given ample time to chat and eat between appetizers, the main meal, and dessert. All three of us ordered different meals and we were all equally pleased. I would definitely come back here for a date night with the hubby to relax, eat some good food, and sit on the patio. Well done!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014everything was wonderful --great service, exceptional authentic Italian flare and flavor!Special Features:
- Food was excellent!karen4Dined on 7/4/2014Giuseppe's was a real find. We love good Italian food and this was exceptional. The atmosphere was casual and fun and the service was outstanding. We'll go again soon.Special Features:
- Favorate restaurant in BellinghameTheKinkelasDined on 7/1/2014Hands down, the best italian restaurant in Bellingham... or better yet best within 200 miles !Special Features:
- Great on all levelsHappyinBowDined on 6/30/2014Great deck seating and the food was out of this world. Will visit again and again. Service top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wifes birthday dinnerDaleDined on 6/27/2014Four of us were there for my wife's birthday. We happened to pick a very busy night but the help seemed to be handling it well. It was a bit noisy. Two people had never been there before, they were very impressed with the food were already planning a return visit. For the first time I was disappointed with my meal. I had the rack of lamb, medium rare. They were small, overcooked, and the vegetables were tasteless which no amount of salt and pepper could correct. I chalked it up to the place being busy and did not complain. This still remains our favorite restaurant, we come from Whidbey Island. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHelosalesVIPDined on 6/27/2014First I should say that we love this restaurant and like the owner since Whidbey days. We made an early reservation because we were attending a concert at Mt Baker Theatre. We stayed at the Bellwether and, as usual, planned a nice dinner for two. When we were seated, I was a little concerned about bypassing the bar area and being placed at a table for four with children next door. Then the big noise issue arrived with a large party of approx 50 that was seated in the area behind us. I guess I should have expressed my preference for a quieter table for two, which there were plenty of at 5:30pm when we arrived, but I would think the staff would try to seat couples away from noise and children if there is availability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Celebrated Father's Day 2014 here. Would order everything again! Delicious meal. Large servings. Nothing disappointed. Mille Grazie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian Faretime4dinrDined on 6/14/2014Spent Father's Day with the family and had a wonderful time. The service is impeccable, the food top rate, and large portions. I've never seen Lasagna portions that big. Not a huge variety of menu items, but well worth what's on the menu.Special Features:
- Great VenuezackmoVIPDined on 6/13/2014For a special event. Food was fresh and service attentive...Special Features:
- Enjoy evening in the NW...PatrickVIPDined on 6/11/2014Beautiful weather in Bellingham last Wed night. Wanted to eat outside with a nice view, and Giuseppe's Al Porto was perfect. Received an email from Open Table that I did not honor my reservation, but a call to the restaurant and an email to Open Table resolved the issue, I believe.Special Features:
- WaitpersonGeorgeDined on 6/5/2014One of our party was gluten-intolerant, and the waiter was so informed. He, however, neglected to mention that the gnocchi were flour-based. The result was a pretty uncomfortable night for my partner. The waiter should have know that gnocchi were inappropriate for a gluten-intolerant diner.Special Features:
- Great food, service abnormally badGlenDined on 5/31/2014Great restaurant for great food and views and setting. No place better on a sunny evening for outdoor dining and usually great service. Food was great tonight, service was horrible!Special Features:
- Great!lala2005Dined on 5/31/2014I was pleased with the menu as well as the food. Great place to go especially when its sunny out so you can take advantage of the outside dining. Great lasagna! They can get busy so food may take a bit longer, but the bread will keep you satisfied until the yummy dishes arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwayschocolateloverDined on 5/31/2014Giuseppe runs a fantastic restaurant, great value, wonderful food. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- Water view and flavorful food.hughandlynnDined on 5/30/2014Consistently a nice experience. Wonderful happy hour with many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bellingham WinnerNitpickerDined on 5/16/2014Giuseppes is a big part of the reason that we find no cause to leave Bellingham for great dining The owner is the hardest working person in this busy restaraunt. He personally checks how patrons are enjoying the experience. The staff emulates his friendly and hard working approach. The food is real Italian and always top notch. Prices are reasonable and quite good compared to Seattle. The selection is varied and includes many seafood options. You cannot miss at Giuseppes.Special Features: