5 Sicomac Road
North Haledon, NJ 07508Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://giusepperestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9734234006
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Staiano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: "Giuseppe" can provide off-site catering for groups of most sizes within the area. To view our catering menu, please visit our website www.giusepperestaurant.com. Also you can order your takeout or catering directly online.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe or Francesco (973)423-4006
A word from Giuseppe Ristorante
At "Giuseppe" we are committed to creating a menu that can delight the taste of our customers. Having a real passion for good food and also having real Italian background makes our work easier and enjoyable. At "Giuseppe" we really hope to bring a new current of passion for food, wine and of course friendship.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Giuseppe Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- We have eaten here twice andWCLdinerDined on 3/23/2013We have eaten here twice and the food was consistently good. The wait staff is very experienced and attentive. A good experience both times.Special Features:
- GemJazzDined on 3/23/2013A very nice restaurant that rivals italian eateries in NYC. Giuseppe and his staff do an excellent job at making you feel welcome with great food and service. A gem that has even gotten better with the expanded space.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant. 2ndKRW1Dined on 1/11/2013Excellent restaurant. 2nd time there.... the fresh home made pasta is amazing! .... something you never see hardly anymore in restaurants.... todays pasta is courtesy of "Restaurant Depot".... so this is a welcomed change.Special Features:
- Good restaurant.FrankDined on 12/22/2012Very good restaurant. Good service. Good good. Would def. go back.Special Features:
- The most delicious italianDeliciousDined on 11/27/2012The most delicious italian food I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- This is a great find for anClassyCoupleDined on 11/10/2012This is a great find for an elegant meal with some really great service.Special Features:
- Have dined here a few times,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Have dined here a few times, since the renovation, younger crowd, more energetic. Food is very good, the specials are outstanding and the service is quite good.Special Features:
- Even better than ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Giuseppes has been a favorite for a long time. We eat there whenever we visit New Jersey. But this time, it was even better than ever. There are new menu items along with old faves. When asked for a salad that was no longer on the menu, the waiter replied, "Of course! We'd be happy to make it for you!" Service is professional, unobtrusive, efficient, careful and respectful. . .better than ever. We love Giuseppe. It's one of the highlights of our trip to northern NJSpecial Features:
- Disappointing meal. We hadPabloVIPDined on 10/5/2012Disappointing meal. We had high hopes for renovated Giuseppe. Food was mediocre.
- Locals have no respect for othersHerbDined on 9/1/2012Restaurant was fine BUT locals use it for a meeting place, a table of four next to us grew to four seated and four standing talking for a good 20 min not once but twice so you can imagine the noise from 8 people trying to out-do each other. It ruined our night out for a relaxing evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiance,KarnackDined on 8/10/2012Wonderful dining experiance, as always. Will be back.Special Features:
- The best Italian food thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2012The best Italian food that I have ever had in New Jersey. Very nice menu and food was excellent.
- Great find close to home.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Great find close to home. Service is great and lots of specials to chose from.Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Food was just great "as always"OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2012Food was just great "as always" some of best italian food in the tri state area.Special Features:
- Fantastic food as always.KarnackDined on 7/7/2012Fantastic food as always. Have been there or 5 times and always looking to go back again. If it was a little closer to my home I would be a regular. Note that I have ordered their family style to go specials and they are equally good.Special Features:
- Very Good Food, But Not a BYO.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2012Their food is always very good, but we only go there when we are not drinking that night. So many other restaurants in the neighborhood are BYO we just can't see paying $12-15 a glass (including tax and tip) for wines similar to the $15 bottles we bring to the BYOs. Without windows, and a dark drab room, the ambiance is a bit depressing.
- We had a party of 10 as tokvissy105Dined on 5/13/2012We had a party of 10 as to which everyone arrived 30-45 min late except for my sister and I, the waiter took a while to ask if we wanted anything while we waited. Otherwise the service was pretty good. The place is in a strip mall which i wasn't thrilled with but the inside is very nice and cozy. Food was delicious, I ordered beef carpaccio for an appetizer which was great and salmon for the main course which was also delicious. Great place.Special Features:
- The food and service is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2012The food and service is outstanding. Giuseppe Staino and his staff go out of their way to make your experience enjoyable. The menu always something new and his sauces are incredible - especially the Prince Edward Mussels sautéed with Little Neck Clams in "Arribbiata Sauce" appetizer.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful weekday lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/3/2012Had a wonderful weekday lunch. Choices were outstanding, food delicious, portions perfect. Will definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Would go there far more oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/15/2012Would go there far more often but they have a liquor license whereas most of the other local eateries are BYO. And their wine by the glass is on the expensive side.
- Our single favorite food spot.protocoljgVIPDined on 2/14/2012Our single favorite food spot. Never, ever disappointed.Special Features:
- Giuseppes was offering RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/2/2012Giuseppes was offering Restaurant week specials--three course for $27.15. I took advantage of this offer and enjoyed the mesclun salad with mango, walnuts and goat cheese. The mango was not quite ripe enough, which was disappinting because a riper, sweeter mango is the perfect compliment to goat cheese. For my entree I passed on my usual Branzino (which is done to perfection here), and had the Salmon with prosecco and truffle oil. I couldn't pass it up, and it did not disappoint. For dessert I enjoyed my favorite: Zabaglione over strawberries. Wonderful dinner and great price!Special Features:
- Good food- poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2012The menu had many interesting dishes &the food was good, but the Waiters were very slow & not very attentive.They didn't bring menus in a timely fashion, they didn't ask if we wanted cocktails after the first round, plates weren't cleared without asking- we had to keep flagging them down after waiting an unusually long time.There was a group of approx 12 men who arrived shortly after us & they seemed to be getting all the attention &service.There were only 3-4 waiters in the restaurant because it is small &they were all concentrating on working the group rather than on their previous seated tables.It was also odd to the Chef sitting at the bar surfing the Internet on his laptop.Specials were never read to us, but were read to others.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2012Food was outstanding. The staff were attentive but didn't rush us. I enjoy the atmosphere and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012Giuseppe's is a dream come true. Excellent Italian dining at reasonable prices. Our dinner was reminiscent of our trip to Italy several years ago. Perfect portions, a wide variety of favorites and some new dishes to try and delicious flavors. I highly recommend this restaurant. If you want to have food to remember, go to Giuseppe's, and you will not be disappointed. One last mention is the service. You cannot find better than Giuseppe's even in New York.Special Features:
- The food here was very freshBobbieDined on 11/11/2011The food here was very fresh and well prepared. However, they use practically no garlic in their food preparations. They said this was the real Italian way of cooking. We definitely missed the garlic. The salad was superb, since we did not expect garlic in that anyway. The wine was also outstanding as was the cheese. If you do not care for garlic, we would highly recommend Nisi. It is a small, cozy, upscale restaurant with tables close together. Service is impeccable.
- for New Jersey, this is afamilyVIPDined on 11/10/2011for New Jersey, this is a good restaurant. Couldn't find anything blatenly wrong, but nothing was exceptional.Special Features:
- A Very, Fine Italian RestaurantdinnerateightDined on 11/4/2011Giuseppe's is not your typical,cookie-cutter Italian restaurant. The food is very fine and sophisticated,served in a lovely, warm and friendly environment. The very able staff is efficient without being intrusive. The Ahi-tuna and the filet mignon appetizers are not to be missed! Pastas are fresh and innovative, and the bolognese sauce is better than anywhere. Entrees are truly special,and the "specials" are always fabulous. I love the wonderful Bronzini fish, which is always done just right. The perfect final touch - a complimentary homemade biscotti with your coffee, espresso or cappuchino.Special Features:
- Went to Giuseppe for our 3OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2011Went to Giuseppe for our 3 year wedding anniversary. Food and service were top notch. Will definitely go back..Special Features:
- Food was outstanding but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011Food was outstanding but the restaurant was very noisy, and tables so close together, it was hard to get in and out. Service was also very good.
- Disappointed...food was blandOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/3/2011Disappointed...food was bland at best. Shrimp over cooked and chewy. Service was friendly but for a Saturday night, we were out of there in 50 minutes! Crowd was 95% elderly. Too many quality Italian places in NJ to compare to- one and done.
- Authentic Italian dishes,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2011Authentic Italian dishes, awesome bread and serviceSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood spot...quiet,OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/13/2011Great neighborhood spot...quiet, great food, good portions and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- The food was well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011The food was well prepared and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- My husband was surprised thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2011My husband was surprised that once inside it didn't feel like he was at a restaurant in a strip mall! The restaurant is very nice and the customer service was amazing! The antipasto appetizer was so yummy! It was marinated perfectly! Pastas were very good also but dessert was the big let down. We will definitely be back with friends!!Special Features:
- Ambience, service, location,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2011Ambience, service, location, parking were good. The entrees - mixed results in preparation - veal tough, too much mozzarella (cheese thick, heavy, rubbery), sauce listless. Shrimp entree well done, nice choice of accompaning pasta/veggies. Scallops OK but a bit too spicey. Decent wine list. All in all quality not there - would not recommend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/11/2011LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. Fantastic Italian food prepared wonderfully.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2011We enjoyed a great dinner at Giuseppe, from start to finish, everything was great. The waiters were all very helpful and gave great suggestions on house specialties as well as their favorites. We were both happy with the appetizers, main course and dessert! The olives & cheese at the beginning were a very nice touch! We never felt rushed even though there were people waiting for tables. We would definitely return. Overall, great experience!
- We never knew this place existedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011We never knew this place existed until referred by a neighbor. It's intimate and has a warm, relaxed atmosphere. All of food was excellent and priced within reason. The service was "triple team" good. I wouldn't think twice about returning.Special Features:
- Absolutely excellent foodYankeeVIPDined on 5/29/2011Absolutely excellent food and reasonable prices also. Very impressed by this local joint. Small and intimate inside.Special Features: