Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar
329 Haddon Avenue
Westmont, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://giumarellos.com/
- Phone: 8568589400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
with TWO COURSE $15 PrixFixe Lunch available!
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: Lounge & Patio 1-7pm, dining room 3-7pm
*PRIX FIXE Dinner menu available in our dining room only. EVERY Tuesday thru Friday 5-6:30 and Sundays 3-4:30!
Happy Hour (Served in our Lounge/Bar only):
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 6:30pm
Sunday 1pm-7pm (excludes Holidays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Samuel Giumarello Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Inquire about our GIUMARELLO'S TO-GO Menu, full pans and half pans of most of our signature pasta, chicken, eggplant, seafood and veal entrees available for you to take home to serve your invited guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Fireplace Room (private)available for min. 20 & maximum 50 guests. Private parties(Dinner banquet menu) of 100 or more available on Saturdays.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Muratore, GM 8568589400x
- Entertainment: Featuring Pianist Paul Sottile every Tuesday and Saturday evenings.$6 SMALL PLATES Menu and LIVE BANDs every Thursday Night!Check out our FACEBOOK page or follow us on TWITTER for additional information about entertainment.
- Special Events: See our website giumarellos.com or our facebook page for upcoming event updates.
A word from Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar
Giumarello's is family-owned Italian Elegance! Don’t miss out on the appetizers & desserts, in a word… fantastic. It’s a great place to have a romantic dinner.Check out our facebook page and follow us on twitter!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar - Best Restaurants in Haddonfield ›
Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (38)fit for foodies (32)vibrant bar scene (31)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (23)hot spot (19)good for groups (17)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- YumbugDined on 7/24/2014OUr service was quick and the server did all he could to make our experience great. I have been to this restaurant twice before in the evening and always had a great time however i was disappointed with my main course this time. The eggplant was served cold and the server quickly took it back however when it returned the texture was soggy and I could not taste the eggplant. Idid not complain because it was a birthday celebration for my sister and I did not want to spoil the lunch. But I have to tell you everyone was kind and I will be back.! ( my sister the birthday girl loved the entire experience and she eats in very high end Philadelphia restaurants but I think she will be back as well)Special Features:
- Burger & BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2014We just wanted a fast meal before the concert. It turned out to be a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:
- gandkDined on 7/19/2014We were at Giumarellos for my husband's birthday. The atmosphere is very nice. It was a very fine dining experience. No cell phones and people were actually dressed appropriately. The food was great and we will tell our friends about it. We had not been there for a while and really like the outdoor addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodMeeseDined on 7/19/2014The food was amazing!!! The service was not, but it won't keep me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner start to finish!Tennismom302Dined on 7/16/2014Restaurant impressed me right from the start with a confirmation phone call for our reservation. No waiting upon arrival. Appetizers - eggplant rollatini & fried oysters, excellent & served quickly. Chicken Marsala with crab- moist & flavorful! My husband had the macadamia encrusted cod served & ate every single bit! Desserts - excellent! Wine list - impressive! Server, Audrey, was friendly & attentive- will request next visit, which I hope is very soon! The manager even stopped by our table & checked on how we liked our meal & gave us suggestions for next time!! This restaurant was as good as any Philadelphia high end spot, if not better!! Kudos to the chef for so many wonderful menu choices and for such a member able dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is AWESOME!!!FlyersFanVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been here many times in the past and always liked the place but never thought it competed with the better Philly restaurants. It does now. The new manager has raised the playing level and where the place used to lose in the details, it is now a winner. Our meal was awesome. Between the 4 of us we had crab cakes, lobster ravioli, Veal Marsala and salmon. Everyone commented how wonderful their food was. Service was impeccable and the place has a new energy that was not there before--perhaps putting a few $$$ into the decor changed the vibe. My wife and I will be back alot more than the 1 or 2 times a year we used to visit. I strongly recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Drink Responsibly ?DocramboDined on 6/28/2014The martinis were excellent, especially sexual healing I had 5 of them, not all the same, various types, mostly the ladies sweeter types, even though I am no lady, and still drove home perfectly sober. We also ate a very large expensive dinner which was excellent.
- Love it!!dandy0891VIPDined on 6/27/2014Favorite Bar in town!!!! The service is on point every time!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014It was a special lunch date for my guest and I. Everything was wonderful and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant . Thank you very much for making our day special. SHFSpecial Features:
- Pleasant eveningJoboDined on 6/11/2014We enjoyed the meal. Waiter was friendly. Food was very good. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fishy2VIPDined on 6/10/2014Food is always great. Been going there for years. Perhaps time to update the menuSpecial Features:
- First Time Back in a Long TimeLuvPhillyDowntownDined on 5/31/2014First time we have been back in many years and the food, the service and the ambience has not changed. One of the best places for special occasions or just a casual meal depending on your desires. While we choose the main dining room the outdoor patio and bar area would be great for a less formal setting to enjoy a great assortment of smaller plates and appetizers. Looking forward to our next visit which will be real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!Nikki67Dined on 5/27/2014The service was WONDERFUL! The ambiance is very nice! The food AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same as alwaysPMJrDined on 5/24/2014We've been to the restaurant many times and it's always the same. FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As It GetsrestauarantsnobsDined on 5/23/2014I hadn't been to Giumarello's in years--don't ask why, I can't explain. It had been my favorite restaurant and I hoped that although it's now a great destination for happy hour, that it would still be awesome spot for special occasions. I was not disappointed. Even sitting in a booth in the bar area, the noise level was fine--no blenders whirring (smart move, G!!) and no children of any sort (so, so nice). Our meals were divine, from the salad to the dessert. I've not ever had better filet. The drinks were exceptional--still rockin' the martinis. My only blip in the whole evening was that our server wasn't the friendliest. The guys who took our plates away seemed more concerned that we were happy and enjoying ourselves.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicePhillyPopsDined on 5/17/2014Stopped by for the first time. It won't be my list visit. The entire meal was outstanding. My wife had a Cold Blueberry soup to start and it was excellent. I ordered the fruit and cheese plate never guessing that I could feed 3 people with it. It had 4 kinds of cheese with about 7 pieces of each, 4 breadsticks wrapped in prosciutto, 1/2 a pear sliced real thin, strawberries, a huge pile of grapes, a bowl of mixed nuts and a lot of crackers. Then the house salad which was a good size and very crisp. My wife had Lobster Ravioli which were well stuffed. There were 6 on the plate and they were very good. I had the Macadamia crusted cod with Lobster mashed potatoes. Outstanding. Our waiter Zach was right there when needed. Great placeSpecial Features:
- Lunch at Giumarello'sSoupyVIPDined on 5/13/2014Had mini-reunion lunch with 2 former colleagues. Sat in bar area in corner booth. Wonderful food, service and ambiance. Very good value. Will definitely lunch there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual ClassBeerGeekFoodieDined on 5/10/2014A great spot to eat and drink with an upscale atmosphere but no suit and tie required.Special Features:
- JessDined on 5/9/2014Food and service are great, as always. The hostess could be a little friendlier, especially since she is the first encounter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place.Mike127VIPDined on 5/6/2014Food and service was tremendous, and the atmosphere in the restaurant was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian SpotHawwisonVIPDined on 4/30/2014One of the best for top-flight Italian food! Everything is always done to perfection here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is AWESOME!d8niteDined on 4/26/2014As parent's of a 5 year old, we cherish our "date nights". This month was my husband's turn to pick and what a gem! The food was perfect! We started with the Parmesan Crusted Fried Oyster's and the Tuna Tartar appatizers. Our dinner courses were grilled Chilean Sea Bass for me and Veal Francaise for my husband with a side if the Ricotta Gnocchi that were light and pillowy. Delicious! This is definitly a 5 star meal in our book would do very well up against many of the city restaurants we've eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantmaxADined on 4/26/2014As with all fine dining, a but pricey, but worth it. Terrific cuisine.Special Features:
- Great timejackieDined on 4/23/2014we love going to the bar for happy hour! The dinners are great we had the prefix and we went on a Wed and it was half off the bottles of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter was Excellent!ReetVIPDined on 4/20/2014This is our go to place that we know never disappoints. From the service, to the food & beverages they are always top notch. Especially the tuna tar tar it was superb & I have tasted it at many different venues.Special Features:
- Very satisfyinggretchenDined on 4/15/2014We had a very good meal that was very reasonably priced and served professionally in a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodmeggieDined on 4/9/2014Our family loves this restaurant from night out to special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This one of the best resturantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014This one of the best resturants around. The food is great and the service is awesome. Great job all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTdsbalDined on 4/4/2014Took girlfriend there for a romantic dinner for her birthday and ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my many visitsmmmfoodDined on 4/3/2014I am partial to Giumarello's having grown up in the area. That said, I still enjoy my trips there. Wether it is for happy hour, a nice dinner, or a nice lunch , the restaurant always holds up their end. Never had a probem with the food, service, or having to wait for a table. We typically grab one of the semi circle booths in the bar which allows for the intimacy of private dining with the vibrance of a packed bar. The happy hour menu includes many wonderful appetizers and some good raw bar options to kick off a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsLuvtoeatoutDined on 4/1/2014What a great meal! We don't go that often but every time we do I am so impressed. Definitely need to go more often!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 525 reviews are from the Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar reviews archive.
- Mixed reviewGran123Dined on 3/29/2014We were celebrating an anniversary. The restaurant was aware of this.we were seated at a table without a table cover in a room where everyone is dressed very casual. My martini spilled slightly and there was nothing to absorb the spill. Our drinks were delicious. The oysters were very good. Steak and crab cake were very good according to my husband. My veal was disappointing. The sauce was tasteless. There was no crab meat that I could find and only 2 asparagus spears. Not worth the money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My Husband and I had a wonderful dinner in a very nice restaurant with a wonderful ambiance. The food and service was superb. My husband and I agreed we will celebrate all our Anniversaries here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Jazz Dinnergaileve1VIPDined on 3/29/2014Our Dinner was excellent. It was the best dinner experience I have had. Our Waiter Anthony, was friendly, helpful with our menu, our dinner was serve so promptly. He was fantastic. Great personality. The service was 100%. I will be back again. I have told so many friends of mine over the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicemattDined on 3/29/2014It was the first time out of 5 times of being there I did not feel welcomeSpecial Features:
- The menu choices are all delectablebbqloverDined on 3/21/2014The menu choices are all delectable in their own rights. We have never had a bad dish. Everything is mouth watering delicious. Just hearing the name of the restaurant makes me want to make a reservation!Special Features:
- Superb and consistentKariDined on 3/21/2014We have been dining at Giumarello's for many years and are always pleased. Whether it is for their bar menu, their prix fixe meal or the full dinner menu, the food is always top-notch. The quality is comparable to any New York or Philadelphia restaurant, and the service is better than most. They have professional wait staff, and well-trained busboys who make the experience exceptional. The choice of dining areas, casual bar, beautiful dining rooms with fireplaces, or outdoor covered porch make it perfect for any occasion. The pancetta shrimp appetizer in creamy dijon sauce is always a must. The filet mignon the other night was cooked to a perfect "medium". And you won't find a better cocktail anywhere. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Sunday dinners at Grandmom'seats4uDined on 3/13/2014This is an excellent Italian restaurant. I grew up eating delicious Italian food at my Grandparents house, they were born in Northern Italy. The food here reminded me of Sunday dinners at Grandmom's. The bread, served with roasted peppers, was very tasty. We shared calamari, scallops,and mushrooms for appetizers, all of them were excellent. I had gnocchi. They were light and fluffy; the way they are supposed to be. Not dense and heavy like what you normally get when you order gnocchi in an Italian restaurant. Everyone was very pleased with their meals, it was all so good. My family and I really enjoyed our meal.The host and our waiter were very friendly, informative, and provided very good service. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014If you want to enjoy a great dinner and excellent service then this is the restaurant for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday girl's disappointmentPiscesCelebratorsDined on 3/8/2014Arriving at 5 pm, reservation for 3, we were ushered to a back table with spackle and taped sheet rock. Despite an empty restaurant, we were told that no other tables were available even though our reservation was made 2 days prior. After appealing to the hostess she reiterated 'nothing's available'. We were dress and groomed appropriately and I felt other factors were in play. I thought we should leave, as my 25 yr daughter and I are people of color and my husband is not. A manager approached just as I said I wanted to leave and offered a choice of any table in the empty restaurant. We forged through the evening struggling unsuccessfully to overcome the earlier experience. $150 later (1/2 of our normal allotment) we left dissapointed.Special Features: