154 Washington Street
Tappan, NY 10983Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giulios.biz/
- Phone: 8453593657
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:00pm to 8:30pm, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm to 9:30pm, Sunday 3:00pm to 8:30pm
Available for Brunch or Lunch by Reservation Only for parties of 10 or more
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Manuel Marure
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of both Private and Corporate Off-site Catering Services from small intimate dining to lavish weddings and banquets.
- Entertainment: please check our website or call for details
A word from Giulio's Restaurant
Giulio's Restaurant offers guests Contemporary Italian Cuisine with other European and American influences. Housed in a Beautiful Romantic Victorian Treasure, our restaurant is adorned with exquisite woodwork and beveled glass windows, two working fireplaces, and a grand staircase that makes you feel like you stepped into another era.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Giulio's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Orangeburg ›
Giulio's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (19)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)special occasions (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food was good... Rocky startavatarDined on 8/16/2014We arrived at 7:35 for our 7:30 reservation. The "owner?" asked if we would mind waiting 5 minutes for our table to be set. No problem... as we were escorted to the bar. We ordered a round of drinks and waited. After 35 minutes, I was able to make eye contact with the owner with a "What's the story" hand gesture. He said, "your table is ready when you are?" We walked into the dining room and noticed quite a few empty tables at that point. So why??? did we have to wait in the bar for so long? We were presented with menus, specials, bread... all relatively promptly...but then no sight of the waiter. At 8:40, more than an hour after our arrival, we still hadn't placed our dinner order. Not really acceptable. Food was tasty.Special Features:
- Horrible service!RuthDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good BUT the service was awful! It took 20 minutes just to get water and another 20 to get bread! The dinner took forever! We spent over 3 hours in the restaurant! That was a first- and a last!
- WillVIPDined on 7/26/2014We've eaten here many times and have never had a bad meal. The food is expertly prepared and presented and the waiter very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. If you're looking for a great meal, ambience and low noise level, this is the place. It offers small rooms which make the dining more intimate and less noisy.Special Features:
- Great diningtheclerkDined on 7/26/2014Great dining experience. Specials were excellent. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hokegerDined on 7/17/2014Friendly staff, very good drinks, food however was fair. Had to send back Linguine with Clams because it was way too salty.Special Features:
- Thank you GeneRichDined on 7/11/2014Our experience at Giulio's was terrific. The drinks were perfectly mixed by the bartender, the appetizers and entrees were perfect. The kitchen staff gets a 10. As does our server Gene. He helped with menu selections and was at our table when needed but invisible when he wasn't.Special Features:
- BEARSDined on 7/8/2014I enjoy going to Giulio's,the food is always good and the service and drinks are tooSpecial Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceTneckMOMVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were there on a lovely summer evening and opted to dine outside. It was delightful! The waiter couldn't have been more attentive, the food was delicious and the price value excellent. We shared a delicious appetiser of artichoke hearts over greens to share. I had a wonderful fillet of salmon with rosotto and asparagus dressed with a basil cream sauce. My husband enjoyed lobster ravioli, and our cousin really enjoyed a special chicken dish. We finished with gelato and a bread pudding that was out of this world. It was a lovely experience overall.Special Features:
- Good FoodKevinDined on 6/30/2014Food was good, I will go back............................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely eat hereNewCityFourDined on 6/21/2014Very good food, well prepared. Friendly service. I recommend Giulio's highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming decor great foodRestaurantloverDined on 6/5/2014All of our dishes are beautifully presented and taste great. The service is excellent and the decor Is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceBobbieDined on 5/22/2014Waitress very helpful in suggesting cocktails and entrees. I had a special request as to my main entree, and they complied with it very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We truly enjoyed our eveningSusanneDined on 5/10/2014The food and service was wonderful. Gene our waiter was a gem and could not do enough for us! It truly was a wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marieDined on 5/9/2014good food great service portions good be a little larger.Special Features:
- Great NightMightyPirates79Dined on 5/3/2014Perfect place for romantic night out. Food and service were top-notch. Our server, Gene, was very friendly and helpful and made great suggestions regarding entrees. The hostess went out of her way to accommodate a special request for a surprise birthday dessert. Soup to nuts a perfect night out.Special Features:
- The following 198 reviews are from the Giulio's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Neighborhood GemcookiegirlDined on 4/26/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Rockland County. The food is consistently good especially the lobster tails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique in RocklandOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014Off the beaten path and worth the search. I had a party of 13 and EVERYONE enjoyed their meal. An excellent job by the attentive staff. A lovely setting in a unique venue. Well done!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2014Excellent dining experience all around. Proprietor was very friendly and attentive as was our server. Food was tasty and well presented. Try the calamari Guilo. 19th century house converted to restaurant with a lot of charm. Good for a quiet romantic meal or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unmemorablejimFDined on 3/22/2014Restaurant Week - food was fair. Filet mignon in sauce tasted like minute steak. Fried calamari appet. was good. Whitecliff wine is good value. Best days are behind i suppose by the lack of patronage on sat. night.
- Happy DinersWillVIPDined on 3/19/2014Another wonderful dinner at Giulio's. The staff was very attentive, and the food absolutely delicious. Calamari was perfect with a tasty red sauce to accompany it. I had the ravioli special, portobella mushroom with chicken in a vodka sauce, which was the best I've had. Portion was large enough to bring some home. My husband enjoyed the veal parmesan and agreed his meal was excellent also. Dessert and coffee finished off a delightful evening. I would certainly recommend Giulio's to anyone wanting a pleasant atmosphere and a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Only FairShorelady45Dined on 3/18/2014We went partly because it was restaurant week and their online menu looked good. We arrived, we sat, we were given menus - but not the Special Restaurant Week menu. When we asked for it, they they went to get one. The same thing happened at the table next to us. Although the price included appetizer, entree, and dessert, the prices for the desserts were added onto our check. We had to call the waitress over again to show it to her. They took the check, removed the extra charges, and then brought it back to us. But, really, this is quite unacceptable - not giving us menu and then adding extras. The filet mignon "cutlets" (read the fine print) could hardly be considered filet mignon- 3 ultra thin overcooked slices. Nice house, though.
- Great at Giulios1njgalVIPDined on 3/16/2014This wonder restaurant never ceases to please. The beautiful grand house from the 1800's is a wonderful setting for a quiet dinner or a celebration. With the fireplace roaring, the great food, wonderful service…there is nothing missing. I have been dining at Giulios since the 1970's. Although new owners now took over, the quality and elegance still prevails. The salmon is delicious, and he veal is fabulous. My dining partner raved about the calamari. A great place to an enjoyable dining experience. Gene is a terrific server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningLovetwoeatDined on 3/15/2014It was perfect, we were pleasantly greeted, and seated the service was friendly and prompt. We ask what they recommend from appetizer to desert and everything was fresh, served hot,, my guests an I have no complaints ! We highly recommend Giulios You won't be dissappointed ....be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnercatmamaDined on 3/13/2014Ate from the Restaurant Week menu and everything was delicious! The service was also excellent although on a Thursday night it wasn't so crowded that we were competing for attention…will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlocalDined on 3/1/2014Although friendly enough, we were left with empty wine glasses for 15 minutes. Food quality was poor - Veal Milanese was an Arugula salad dumped on top of very dry overcooked breaded veal. The seafood special barely had any meat in the lobster tail - to the point that I had to look twice to see if they gave me empty shells! Overall the food was lousy, the service nonexistent - although the waitress we flagged down apologized and gave us one glass of wine on the house so at least she tried, but she couldn't make up for the quality of the food. We will never return.
- good for quiet eveningchez7Dined on 2/22/2014salads were average-entrees good-service and ambience very good.Special Features:
- Service with a smile.GV75Dined on 2/14/2014Great service, the staff was very welcoming and very knowledgeable about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only issue was restaurant1227Dined on 1/26/2014Only issue was restaurant was unusually cold. Heat did not come up until midway thought the meal. We arrived after 5 on a Sunday. They need to fix this or older clients will not return in the winter months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the relaxed feel ofwinendineDined on 1/11/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place in a Victorian house.The T-bone steak with smashed potatoes is simply amazing. My wife loved the skirt steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, drinks were reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMuldoonDined on 12/31/2013Delicious, great value, highly recommend. The service was as good as the food, which was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice eveningConnDined on 12/24/2013We had a nice Christmas Eve dinner at Giulios. Ambience was beautiful, service good and food was very good although we had to send all 3 of our dinners back bc they were not hot. But still tasted great. Always love to go to Giulios!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/6/2013Consistantly good food and reasonable bottle wine prices at this neighborhood gem. This 100+ year house is beautiful. We just keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Victorian styleletsgooutDined on 11/28/2013Very charming, loved sitting next to the fireplace! Thanksgiving meal was delicious..turkey and all the trimmings were perfect, as well as the service. Great atmosphere for a quiet evening out with loved ones. Will definitely dine at Giulio's again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly AmbianceLenbDined on 11/23/2013We were welcomed at the door by the owner and shown to a nice table by the fireplace, which was welcome on a chilly night. Service and food were excellent.NIce menu selections and even nicer specials.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceRestaurantloverDined on 11/22/2013The restaurant is beautiful with great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save for special reasonsTappanTravelerVIPDined on 11/21/2013Food and service excellent. Ambiance (1890'4 mansion) terrific. Priced accordingly. This visit 4 people = $225 without tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Ordered Shrimp &n lobster Risotto. Risotto was "rice" and sauce was without flavor. Home page photos gave the impression it was a more romantic environment. It was not! Dining Room was empty at 8 PM on a Saturday night. I would never go back or, recommend!
- guiliosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2013What a beautiful, old building, carefully cared for; Our service and food were very enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server didn't even mentionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2013Server didn't even mention the Hudson Valley Restaurant week specials we specifically went there for. We had to ask. Service was poor. Most dishes were okay but nothing note worthy.
- A Pleasant ExperienceSteveDined on 11/7/2013A very nice dinner served in a wonderful ambience of a converted old house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.