415 E Main St
Aspen, CO 81611-1931Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gisellaaspen.com/
- Phone: 9709258222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Michel Wahaltere
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gisella
Gisella is located on Main Street in downtown Aspen and features regional italian fare, in a lively, upbeat setting. Locally sourced produce, mixed with a creative menu ensures a dining experience you’ll truly appreciate. A full bar and all italian wine list compliment our wonderful food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gisella reviews from OpenTable diners
- CommentsPianowinstonDined on 9/19/2013Service was impeccable. Waiter's wine choice excellent. Veal Scallopine was not very tender and not memorable. Ravioli was fresh, tender and flavorful. Volume level was perfect. I would return for noise level alone. Ambience was perfect. Diners were polite,none were talking too loudly. It was a very pleasant evening . Regarding veal: I know how difficult it is to get scaloppine tender. Sometimes impossible. Our waiter and other servers were the most attentive and accommodating of any restaurant we have frequented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Price, even for Aspen!BusinessTravelerVIPDined on 9/16/2013Eat here!! This was a great evening and meal. We recommend what we enjoyed: calamari and caprese apps, and the garganelli con salsiccia e funghi (italian sausage pasta with mushrooms). The entree sounds simple, but it wallops with taste and yumminess! Our server was a joy, engaged and from Seattle and what you'd hope for in a smart, attentive, thoughtful person let alone server. The bill for wine + two apps + two entrees + tip was $85 ... we were very happy with that and will for sure return! Only drawback: you need to know Italian to decipher the completely in Italian wine list. P.S... one more thing! Thank you for the comp tiramisu to celebrate our anniversary!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItDWK1Dined on 8/29/2013There were 8 people in our group and everyone raved about the food. Between us we ordered a wide variety of appetizers, salads,pastas, and entrees with everyone being impressed across the board. The service was very attentive and friendly. I would go back and I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food Creative andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2013Excellent food Creative and beautiful room and peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable authentic Italian foodBob1VIPDined on 8/12/2013Gisella continues to be a go to place in Aspen. Delightful choices in all areas and an interesting wine list. Excellent seervice and hospitality in a lovely setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gisella'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2013This is a wonderful restaurant in every way. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowChefcgsDined on 8/3/2013Was recommended by a friend - absolutely the finest dining experience for the money in Aspen. Pasta's were fantastic, appetizers off the charts. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Food decent, service lackingWorldtravellerVIPDined on 7/27/2013As with every restaurant in Aspen lately, the quality of the food is overshadowed by the ineptness of the staff. I dont know where all the experienced wait staff has gone, but they were in hiding this night. Not once did anyone come by the table to ask "how is everything?". My friends veal milanese was pounded so thin, it was like eating cardboard. He would have sent it back but never got the attention of anyone to complain, and no one came to ask if everything was alright. My pasta was tasty, but i did bite into a whole garlic clove which was shockingly bitter and overwhelming. Others in our party were underwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the hypeDisappointedDined on 7/26/2013Service left a lot to be desired and portions were too large (didn't expect this).
- We have been to this restaurantfrpeVIPDined on 7/22/2013We have been to this restaurant several times, and this was the first time that the service was poor. Also, one of the men at our table had to send back his dinner because the veal was so overdone.
- Food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2013I was pleasantly surprised with the food. The grilled shrimp, calamari w chorizo and arugula was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tuna special was by farOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2013The tuna special was by far the best entrée selected - perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in an attractive spaceReallyrichardDined on 7/6/2013Attractive, comfortable environment, friendly service, good food. White table cloths but non-stuffy Aspen atmosphere. An interesting selection of all Italian wines. Cioppino was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all enjoyed our dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013We all enjoyed our dinner. The wines are all Italian, but the sommelier recommended a lovely white that we liked enough to buy a second bottle. Beautiful decor!
- Amazing Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2013We were blown away by Gisella! Although our server was not great, the food completely compensated for the poor service. I ordered the buratta salad and spinach & egg pasta with "truffle caviar", marscapone and parm. Salad was great and perfectly dressed. The buratta was cold and creamy. My pasta was simply divine. Homemade noodles. Rich and decadent sauce. Amazing. My husband ordered the capellini pomodoro and osso bucco. Both exceeded our expectations. We were so full but had to finish every bite AND order dessert!Special Features:
- aniversary dinner at gisellaHershybarVIPDined on 6/21/2013great food and excellent service are hard to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent andOTfanVIPDined on 6/13/2013Service was excellent and the sommelier was very helpful and matched my palate ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining experiencetejoVIPDined on 6/13/2013We were part of a group of 5 at Gisella the other night (June 14). The entire experience, from greeting, through ordering, through all service, with outstanding entrees, was exceptional. This is the former Farfalla - now an updated, ideally set up restaurant. Wine list is excellent with choices for every budget. We recommend Gisella completely and definitely will return when we're next in the Aspen area.Special Features:
- restaurantBruceDined on 6/3/2013My only comment is that if you wanted a bottle of red wine, there were very few choices under $50 and none under $45.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gisella was great, we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2013Gisella was great, we were there for a low key celebration, and they helped us really enjoy the evening starting off with a refreshing glass of Prosecco. Food was really great, especially the pasta with salccia and fungi, and the wine selection very good. Our server was attentive, but never annoying. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gisella Restaurant is a great find.olderfoodieDined on 3/30/2013We had a very nice meal at Gisella and I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great replacement for GustomoragamunchersVIPDined on 3/23/2013Great replacement for Gusto - now more quiet, similar great food and service.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant, great foodAnnSBVIPDined on 3/11/2013Lovely restaurant, great food & service! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Food good, but otherwise a "fail."OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/10/2013Food was good to very good. Service was "confused." At least 5-6 people waited on us throughout the meal, dishes were given to the wrong person, the person who got the meat entree was the only one to get a past spoon. Grated parm arrived when the Caesar salads were almost gone.. We were sat right next to the windows in front and it was drafty and nearly downright cold. Drinks and appetizers were too pricey ($15 for a cocktail is $4-$5 more than what I am used to paying in NYC), and nearly $20 for a fried calamari appetizer?. Interior of the restaurant was certainly acceptable and clean, but would be described as "drab." I was hoping I would be happy we tried this place over Il Mulino, but I was wrong.Special Features:
- Great first night dinner injdantotherescueDined on 3/10/2013Great first night dinner in Aspen and first time at Gisela. Everyone enjoyed their dinner.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal the managerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/5/2013Fabulous meal the manager helped select so wonderful dishes and he choose a great bottle of wine for us. A lovely evening all around.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/3/2013Nice ambiance and the food was excellent. Only issue we had was that they didn't log us in for OPen Table so getting credit for the reservation was a little bit of a hassle but it all worked out.
- One of the best places inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2013One of the best places in Aspen, a place that has many good restaurants. Can be casual, yet the atmosphere is elegant with white linen table clothes. Top service and food.Special Features:
- Manager more concerned withGinnyVIPDined on 2/28/2013Manager more concerned with music playing than with patron's experience. Took forever for someone to even come to bring initial water much less drink order and restaurant was half empty.chicken poorly cooked and had to sent back; manager never came to table.
- Tasty options on Main StblakeehVIPDined on 2/17/2013Gisella impressed us as a more paced modern Italian option in Aspen. Outstanding choice of wine from the staff. All four of us landed on very flavorful fare and the service was good.Special Features:
- MonikaspenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Fui con mi esposo e hijos, todos comimos muy rico en un buen ambiente y muy buena atencionSpecial Features:
- We are becoming "winter locals"OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013We are becoming "winter locals" in Aspen and tried this for the first time on Valentine's Day. While I realize that judging a restaurant on a holiday is unfair, I offer a balanced review. Upon arriving, our table wasn't ready so we proceeded to the bar (we were fine with this), however were ignored for a good 10 minutes, which is awkward on a "romantic" evening when your better half is struggling to get drinks instead of talking to you.An acknowledgement by the bartendar that you are there and "I will be with you shortly" is appreciated. The meal was decent, but not something I would brag to friends about. They were out of alot of items by our 9pm reso. All in all, it was average to above average for Aspen. We will def give it a 2nd try.Special Features:
- My wife a and I had a memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/11/2013My wife a and I had a memorable dining experience after a long day of travel - from being greeted at the front door by a welcoming young lady from South America, to being ably taken care of and seated by a doting Sebastian and impeccable attention by Nickilai we eagerly recommended Gisella to another couple in our group who had a similar experience two nights later. This truly was a special night, made so be a caring attentive staff - it was such a wonderful evening that we made a point of passing our comments along that evening to the owner, a wonderful lady who truly has her customers best interests at heart and has her staff truly on point. Thank you so very much for such a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Our table was not ready whenfrenchieDined on 2/6/2013Our table was not ready when we arrived but a short wait at the bar was hardly unpleasant. This was the best mushroom risotto I have ever tasted (and I have had quite a few) and calamari was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Food was very good. WholeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013Food was very good. Whole wheat penne and roasted veggies was excellent. A quiet Sunday night there but competing with Shaun White at x games.Special Features:
- LOVE GISELLAOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013I was thoroughly impressed with the service and our food. Loved the salmon fettucine... cooked perfectly. Our server was personable, knowledgable and engaging. Definintely will go back and recommend to friends and customers.Special Features:
- Had the Veal. It was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2013Had the Veal. It was excellent. Would highly recommend it. Atmosphere was wonderful. Staff was friendly and attentive. Only negative was the music was too loud, but they did turn it down when we asked.Special Features:
- Modern Italian: Gisella hasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2013Modern Italian: Gisella has a fantastic staff and chic atmosphere, which is ideal for a nice dinner out with your significant other and/or family and friends. The wine list, food menu and overall decor round out the reason why you need to eat here.Special Features:
- The food is outstandingJamonfoodVIPDined on 12/28/2012Our dinner at Gisella was all that we had hoped it would be based on the reviews we had read. The food was outstanding. We had the beet salad, mussels, gnocchi, and seafood linguini. Unfortunately there was no room for dessert. The service was very attentive. My only complaint would be that we made our reservation more than a month in advance due to the busy Holiday season and we were given a makeshift table set up next to the entrance to the kitchen. It was a very noisy and busy spot. A little more attention to customer service would have made this dining experience outstanding.Special Features:
- Lovely ambience with sophisticatedfoodieVIPDined on 12/27/2012Lovely ambience with sophisticated and appealing vibe. Pastas are great, but should add some new ones to menu periodically Service is attentive, owner is very personable and welcoming.Special Features: