8700 Edinbrook Crossing
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.girvangrille.com/
- Phone: 7633158535
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jim Malinoski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lancer Catering's culinary team takes pride in creating and presenting food that will make your event memorable. When designing menus they work with color, texture and elevations to create a buffet, platter or dinner plate like an artist composes a painting. All selections are prepared from the finest and freshest ingredients. The professional staff ensures that every aspect of your event is executed with the highest standards of professionalism and class.
- Private Party Facilities: Cater to Grooms Dinners, Birthdays, Anniversary's and other Celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Stokes 7633158512
A word from Girvan Grille
Girvan Grille features great food, friendly service and daily specials. Come see why Girvan Grill has been a neighborhood favorite for years. Girvan Grille offers a friendly and casual atmosphere. The menu includes a complete selection of choice steaks, chops and seafood. Try the Mahogany Braised Pork with two potato hash and sautéed market greens; the Seared Tuna Starter with a Caribbean twist; the Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon; Lodge Walleye; or, Macadamia Crusted Chicken. Our house-smoked meats and wood roasted chicken also differentiates our entrees from the run-of-the-mill. Girvan Grill uses fresh ingredients and made from scratch sauces, dressing, and desserts that guarantee an exceptional experience. Girvan Grille sources fresh fruits and vegetables locally, and fish and seafood from sustainable sources. The new Girvan Grille restaurant overlooks the beautiful Edinburgh USA golf course in Brooklyn Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Girvan Grille - Best Restaurants in Brooklyn Park ›
Girvan Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (18)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (11)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not sure what happened!Foodie15070Dined on 10/18/2014Used to be our favorite place. Wait staff was terrible, did not even get a refill on our waters. They all seemed to be new and did not even know the menu. Food was just okay, which has always been phenomenal in the past. Lots of food on the floor. Very disappointing.
- Great food, if a bit noisykyoungDined on 10/18/2014Saturday night special $18 prime rib was excellent, with huge baked potato and good veggies. Burger was cooked right and spiced just right. Nice comfy room, but a bit loud with the bar in the center.Special Features:
- Great Brunch, Price, Great ViewJL0310Dined on 10/12/2014Had brunch with family, including child and infant, and we we were all happy with the food, service, and view of the golf course.Special Features:
- ChrisVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great service and able to accommodate large parties. Menu reasonably priced and a good variety.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Girvan Grill has always had wonderful food and good service and I am never disappointed . They also have a good Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redhatqueenDined on 10/3/2014Very enjoyable and pleasant. Nice not to have little children running around the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceAnniveddieVIPDined on 9/30/2014Went for the famous burger night and it was very good like always - not 2 for 1 anymore but still a nice deal.Special Features:
- Personal Tastetuff2pleaseDined on 9/27/2014Overall my wife and I have enjoyed the food at the Girvan Grille. I particularly am fond of the pot roast dinner. Yesterday we were entertaining guests and took them to lunch at the Girvan Grille. I was not particularly hungry and had the walleye fingers appetizer. I did not care for the breading used on them, it was dry and not very palatable. Everyone else enjoyed what they ordered however. I also do not care for the parking situation, which requires the driver to walk a considerable distance from the parking lot to the dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed,patsyDined on 9/16/2014we have been coming to Girvans for Years, our food was a disappointment Hamburgers were over cooked, potatoes were over cooked. We always got good food before, what happenedSpecial Features:
- Very nice, will dine here againmulti2eDined on 9/15/2014Great food, great service we had a wonderful evening. Nice place to stop for a burger and beer as well as a fine dining experience with a steak or fish entréeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, fun atmospheresandinaDined on 9/6/2014Our server was new, but still very prompt. We never had to wait for anything and he was very polite. The food was delicious, warm and presentation was well done. I highly recommend the mahi mahi and the steak.Special Features:
- Loud music!JennDined on 8/28/2014We met friends to have a nice conversational dinner - however it was music night. The music was so loud we could not hear any conversation at all. It was good music - just way too loud for a small dining room.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Good food - reasonable prices - great view in summer/fall - decorated well around the holidays. Always enjoy our time with friends there. My only complaint - dislike that they do not serve wine in (stemmed) wine glasses - I always have to ask for one. To be honest, sometimes that is the deal breaker when we choose to eat out somewhere else (it's that important!)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The food was good, but the service was just OK. Mixed up drink order for one of us twice. Advertised an 80's Disco Night deal that did not take place.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughCHEERSDined on 8/5/2014Always great food, service, and weekly specials. Always find someone you know there. Friendly attentive wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Even Better Serviceblade1981mDined on 7/21/2014I kind of struggle to find something new when it comes to an american grill restaurant, so I defaulted to the barbecue burger (Smoke and Spice Burger). The burger was excellent and I would definitely go there again just for that. What stood out the most to me though was the service. Every employee that was there was friendly and made us feel welcome. I particularly noted that our server glanced at our table and noticed we had not tried every piece of our meal and she waited until we had to come by and check that everything was ok. One final note, their seven layer desert is out of this world amazing. Size-wise I understand why they say it serves 2-3, but it was so good, I really felt I could have eaten the entire piece myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewDinerDined on 7/20/2014Waitress was lack luster, didn't stop by to ask what was needed. We had to flag her down and ask for refills...not good service. Breakfast buffet had good food options but some food was only luke warm.
- OK food, Great ServiceMinnTastyDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I enjoy eating at different restaurants so we decided to try Girvan Grille. The service was excellent. We were seated promptly and our order taken in an appropriate time frame. The food however, was not excellent. All of the main entree choices were over cooked. My husband's "medium" burger was almost burnt. My pork medallions were very tough. The atmosphere was lively and friendly. Our table looked out onto the golf course. If the food was better, we'd definitely be back. I hope this was a one time mishap from the kitchen, otherwise, they are going to miss out on a large foodie clientele.Special Features:
- Much more potentialnorthgardenerDined on 7/9/2014This is our 2nd experience at Girvan Grille. Our food was mediocre at best, a step down from a year ago. The dining area is situated in a classic golf clubhouse with a nice view of the course (currently under construction). The staff was friendly, but poorly trained. This resulted in our wait person having to tell us that our dining card was not honored, because one of us had ordered a daily special and she was not aware of this policy for the card (the bill would have been the same if we had had a second regular entrée). This was a poor management decision, as we have plenty of other options to dine regularly and will not return. This is regrettable, given the great location and potential for a thriving business. Sorry Brooklyn Park.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014First and last time visit to Girvan Grill. The food and service was mediocre, but the price was still high. If you are looking for a place to get a nice steak dinner several national chains would be a step up.
- Saturday Night PrimeCurlyVIPDined on 6/28/2014The prime rib special was excellent. A nice slice of prime (medium rare as requested) with hot a jus, horseradish, baked potato and fresh vegetables. The other order was the rib eye, one of the most expensive items on the menu. Unfortunately, it was only average. A little chewy and not as flavorful as we would have liked. The steak sauce is very tasty. I gave my review a 'very good' food rating based on the prime rib. Service was good.Special Features:
- The following 367 reviews are from the Girvan Grille reviews archive.
- Noise levelConnieDined on 6/24/2014We totally enjoyed the burgers we had on tues eve.... Service was great. HOWEVER untill the tables around us cleared out, it was very noisey ..had trouble Hearing across the table. Parking is not the best....long walk to Restraurant ....especially for those with disabilities .Special Features:
- fabulous!suzieVIPDined on 6/20/2014I go to Girvan all the time. Service is usually great. Food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outSaintDined on 6/19/2014We went on Thursday night to hear the singer. The server was excellent and we could have a nice conversation while seated closer to the entertainer.Special Features:
- New Menu...Uh OhStaceyTVIPDined on 6/16/2014The old menu had wayyyy too many selections on it. Dead giveaway that most food would be mediocre. Now they reduced the menu but some of the things that were good are missing...like the crab cake. Food is still mediocre unfortunately. They should keep working on it! Its one of the nicer places in Brooklyn Park so it would be awesome if the food quality could go up.Special Features:
- DisappointedAnna88Dined on 6/15/2014I made a reservation the day of for dinner. When I arrived I was told there was a waitlist, and it would be about a 45 minute wait, even with our reservation. There were some open tables here and there, but they were for other reservations apparently. If it really was a wait list then we should have been seated since a) we were actually there and b) I had an actual reservation. I would not have been bothered so much, because it was Father's Day so probably a busier day for them, but I was taking my 92 year old grandmother out for dinner. A call before hand would have been nice before we drove out there. The hostess was very polite and apologetic, but I don't think I'll try to come here again.
- JackVIPDined on 6/11/20142 of us went to lunch. We had 5 people service us for lunch. Computer problems. from order placement to food was 50 minutes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchdessertdivaDined on 6/8/2014Girvan serve a great brunch at an affordable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was greatPgreenDined on 5/31/2014The food was great and so was the service! Was celebrating a birthday and didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- Great meal!JuliusDined on 5/30/2014Had a great buffalo burger. Also great chicken wild rice soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday evening at Girvan Grillemann0209Dined on 5/25/2014Being that it was a Sunday evening, the restaurant was very quiet. Only two other groups present. Food was satisfactory and the server ill trained. Bread did not arrive until after the dinner was complete and we asked for the basket. The price of the food was reasonable. The bar tender and host are in the wrong business.Special Features:
- Girvan GrilleRivertechDined on 5/21/2014Our cousins from CA were in town and we were looking for a nice place that was quiet enough for us to talk and catch up with folks we haven't seen in many years. The food is excellent and service is outstanding. They are attentive, but not obtrusive. This is one of our favorite places! Very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun place to eatand a nice wait stfviewDined on 5/18/2014We love the view and we love eating outside when the weather permits. I ordered salmon and found it delicious. We eat here often and always have nice waitresses and waiters. When we eat indoors, we request window view and enjoy our meal very much.Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014This is the 3rd year we have come to Edinburgh for Mother's Day brunch and we will not be back. Given the price - $26.95 each - I would expect a better tasting meal. The hot foods were all dry and overcooked. I could hardly eat the chicken or pork. The salmon was cold. I would have liked a pasta choice. The egg dishes were dry and tasteless. Where did the omelet station go? I don't eat beef; my family said the prime rib was good. We were ignored for at least 15 minutes after we were seated, and the mimosas came halfway through the meal. Overall it was a bad experience.
- Great place to meet with friends.BootsDined on 5/9/2014We have always enjoyed meeting friends here. The food is great and priced reasonably. One of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLindaDined on 5/4/2014We took our daughter there for her 23rd birthday. My husband ordered a beer and it took 20 minutes. We never got our bread, food was cold, we got the wrong soup. Didn't bring ketchup for the hamburgers. We have eaten there several times, but the server was a big problem. We told the hostess to have the waiter bring a dessert after our meal, but we only saw a check. Very disappointing-won't be back. Justin the server had one speed...slow. The pasta was bland and the chicken marsala had no sauce, only some mushrooms and the potatoes were dry. I was surprised to see a manager walking around, but never stopped to ask how everything was. I guess the worst part was, we wanted it to be special for our daughters birthday and it wasn't.Special Features:
- Won't Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/4/2014I can honestly say that I will not be returning to Girvan Grille. The plates were dirty. Not just little spots. There was food on the plates. The coffee cups were slimmy and stained. The service was slow.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood grilleRSMomDined on 5/3/2014Nice to have a neighborhood grille with several food options and a nice wine and other beverage list. Relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy a visit here 1 a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Girvan Grill offers a beautiful golf course setting, warm comfortable atmosphere and a menu that has something for everyone. It is a perfect neighborhood spot with wonderful weekly specials.Special Features:
- Nice evening!Maggie14Dined on 4/21/2014We met with family after being gone for awhile. Food was great and everything was done well from the reservation to the assistance at the table. Will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.