Girl & the Goat
809 W Randolph
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Girl & the Goat
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://girlandthegoat.com/
- Phone: 3124926262
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Izard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: The Underground Goat, our 18 person private dining room, is not your typical private dining space and the name encapsulates exactly what you're looking forward to. Located under the main dining room, you and your guests will be lead downstairs, through the restaurant and into the "staff only" halls of the Goat. The room itself echoes the casual, rustic atmosphere of the main dining room and is host to the restaurant's wine and liquor stock - don't be surprised if you see the hardworking bar staff sneak in a few times to keep things rolling upstairs. Chef Stephanie Izard will design a family-style menu for you (dietary restrictions will not be ignored) and our beverage director will recommend wine, beer and/or a signature cocktail to match what Stephanie comes up with.
For more information visit http://www.bokagrp.com/eventsandcatering.php
or call 312.492.6262.
A word from Girl & the Goat
"Top Chef" Season 4 winner, Stephanie Izard is chef / owner of this new restaurant in the west loop. The menu will consist of 30 items, separated in the categories of vegetable, fish, and meat, with all items meant to be shared.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Girl & the Goat - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Girl & the Goat reviews from OpenTable diners
758 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (637)hot spot (521)special occasion (426)good for groups (294)neighborhood gem (233)vibrant bar scene (189)romantic (140)notable wine list (113)late-night find (106)great for outdoor dining (75)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (19)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Girl and the goat is a top Chicago restaurant. It has diverse options for every style of food, like vegetarians and meet addicteds. Great wine list and also incredible waiters, it'll be guaranteed satisfaction!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Delicious and fun! We dined on several unique dishes that were all excellently prepared. We started with escargot ravioli, followed by goat empanadas, then roasted pig face, and crispy pork shank. All were fantastic, but I was especially blown away by the goat empanadas. We were there at 10:15 on a Sunday night and this place was hopping, which I personally love, but can understand that it may not be a selling point for everyone. Girl & the Goat deserves all of it's 5 star ratings and hype!Special Features:
- Luck be with youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014When you visit Chicago and don't visit G&tG, then you missed the heart of the city. Though when being a foreigner you should have the Fortuna to know that you have to make a reservation several months before leaving home.Special Features:
- Great Best Friends DateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Our experience at Girl and the Goat was wonderful. Even the valet staff was kind and accommodating! We had arrived a bit early for our reservation, but the host seated us without any issue. Our waitress was awesome with suggesting food pairings and guiding us as we selected our plates. My one complaint was that the table was so small! We ordered the suggested amount of items, but we could have used some more room at the table to access all of the deliciousness.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/28/2014The waiter was fantastic. Lots of very attentive staff. Well-trained it apppeared. Wonderful food. Just a little loud for conversing, but that's a small price to pay for such a great restaurant experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014the desserts are amazing, the food is good but it is not amazing (too many flavors in one plate so the the main ingredient´s flavoris lose) the broccoli is really goodSpecial Features:
- Great food as usualrjmmDined on 9/27/2014This place never dissappoints. PIG FACE EVERYTIME!!!Special Features:
- DID NOT DISAPPOINTJPJPDined on 9/27/2014This place was amazing! We both had the Pig's face which was out of this world. Our other favorites were the NY Strip tartar, fried cowboy oysters and the grilled Sepia. Basically everything we ordered had so much taste that we can't wait to go back and try everything else. The dessert (budino) was probably one of the best desserts I've ever had. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Went to Girl and Goat with two other couples who have small children. It was nice to have a delicious meal with adults who love their food and wine. Duck tongue was deliscious. Never knew quail legs could be so good. Desserts were equally amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar, not restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014My partner and I celebrate our anniversary at the Girl and the Goat! Perhaps our expectations were very hight. About the food, the bread was amaziiiiing, but the entrees were ok. One of them, was not eatable: shrimp something. There was so much vinegar and lemon together (and thrust me I loveee lemon)...The atmosphere and the service were great!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014Perfect service, outstanding food - taste the gost empanada - and nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014There is A LOT of buzz for this restaurant. If I hadn't been expecting so much it probably wouldn't have felt like a bit of a letdown. The things I liked a lot....the design of the space, the knowledge/friendliness of our waitress, and the roasted cauliflower. The things I didn't like as much....the noise level was like being in a club, the tables for two were so close that they had to be moved to let people in and out, the bus-person dove in and out of our table over my shoulder constantly, some courses came out seamlessly then some had 20 minute lag times. These gripes CLEARLY are picky ones. I wouldn't say they are reasons not to go. Just things to be aware of. I wouldn't go here for a romantic dinner. A group of friends would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!GeorgeDined on 9/24/2014Delicious food and excellent service to girl and the goat. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platsm1ngleDined on 9/24/2014Great tapas/small plates restaurant. Every dish was fantastic. Went with my mother, and it was definitely enjoyable for all generations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but richPaprika12358Dined on 9/23/2014Both girl & the goat as well as little goat serve up some delicious food, but so very rich it's easy to over do it. Service & staff are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very energetic hot spotdaquino11Dined on 9/23/2014Our experience with Girl & The Goat was great. The food was good. We had several dishes and they all were very tastefully done. The service was very fast and easy. The tables are a little too close and the noise level is high, but other than it was am excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome!YummyDined on 9/23/2014I've heard a lot about how great this place was and had high expectations! I was not disappointed. Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeekenddinersVIPDined on 9/23/2014If you are willing to be adventurous with your food selections, this place is for you. If not, you may be disappointed. The green beans, broccoli and chick pea fritters were absolutely amazing. Also enjoyed the beef ribs. We had ordered cauliflower, but it never came out. That was actually ok, we were stuffed, but the waitress brought us two dessert samplers to make up for it, a nice touch. As previously noted, it is very loud in here, very hard to have conversation at dinner. Overall, a very good experience and I look forward to trying again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsLowellDined on 9/23/2014I brought a group of people from around the world and we all loved it. I've been trying to get in for a long time and it exceeded expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lov it!LovchicagoDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant has been my second favorite since I moved to Chicago, its on the expensive side, but totally worth it! I just took my bf to celebrate his first day at a new job and he absolutely loved it. Our server was amazing and very attentive, unfortunately I do not remember his name but he was Asian, he made very good recommendations on both food and wine. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice without being too fancyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014Went with a couple of friends visiting from overseas, and we really enjoyed it. I had heard a lot about the restaurant, but hadn't had a chance to go myself until that night. We actually didn't think we'd be able to get a reservation, but we just tried OpenTable late night before and there was a late slot open. Serendipity! Wasn't sure what to expect food-wise, but it turned out to be shared plates and we ordered about nine different ones from across the different "categories." Hard-pressed to pick out a favorite, but the kohlrabi salad was pretty unique and the confit goat belly with bourbon butter, lobster, crab, and fennel was another standout. Wish we had tried more of the seafood, personally. Anyway, thanks to GATG for a fun evening!Special Features:
- BryanDined on 9/22/2014Fantastic as always! Stephanie Izard is a genius and her staff is amazing. Special thanks to our awesome server Calvin. Can't wait until the next time...Special Features:
- YummmmmRosieDined on 9/22/2014Food is amazing and unique. A favorite restaurant for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket list placeGarbanzoGirlDined on 9/21/2014The food was just all around fantastic, every dish is perfectly harmonized. This is one of those meals for me that with every other bite I close my eyes and savor every layer of flavor. I didn't even expect the dessert to be the best part but it really finished off that meal with a bang. Miso-butterscotch budino! Drinks were spot on as well and the atmosphere was energetic but not overwhelming. Basically I would be back all the time if I had that kind of budget but Little Goat will have to hold me over until I can return again.Special Features:
- Been Twice, Only Veggies Good...bluekirbyDined on 9/21/2014I've now been to Girl & the Goat twice, during different seasons with different menus. Yes the food can be considered artisan, yes it is locally sourced, yes the qualify of ingredients is good, yes interesting flavor combinations are used. Yet not of this guarantees that a dish will taste good. Both times I have gone, any dishes that involve meat (and including seafood here) had too much going on. I could not even tell that there was a loup de mer based on the flavor, it was completely overpowered by all the garnish. Pig face, goat loin, pork stew, none were pleasant on the palate. The silver lining is that flavoring for the vegetables is excellent. Green beans and cauliflower were very enjoyable. Also too noisy for a date spot.Special Features:
- Delicious!!Amarcin1116Dined on 9/20/2014We tried multiple dishes off the menu and Stephanie Izard is a genius! We dined at Alinea the night before, Girl & the Goat blew them out of the water. Every dish was flavorful, thoughtful and cohesive. One of my favorite places to eat in Chicago!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, finger licking good! dishes were put together so well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food! Flavours were delicious. Very unique place and unique food. I highly recommend it!!!!Special Features:
- A must-dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014A Girl and the Goat WAS all that it was cracked up to be. Amazing service, great ambiance, and to-die-for food! This is a must-dine location for anyone visiting Chicago. Make sure to get your reservations early though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeShellierovkDined on 9/19/2014I am from my and have tried to visit girl & the goat on my last two trips to Chicago, finally made it and do glad I did. It was awesome, there are so many options and they were all so unique! I loved the crudo with pork belly and the dessert with pistachios. The drinks are also too good!! I wish there was one in NY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Wedding AnniversaryLpnc121Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Girl and the Goat this weekend. It was our first time there and I booked the reservation 2 months ago. We absolutely loved it. Great food, great service. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for groups larger than 4 at a time because of portion size, but everything was absolutely lovely!! Thanks again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitKikiDined on 9/18/2014This was my second time to the Girl & the Goat. Again, I wasn't disappointed! The food was fabulous and the atmosphere was great. You can't go wrong with the Wood fire Pig's face!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fulfillingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014I was skeptical, but myfriend dragged me here, and I was very happy with the selections, which are very unique, and the service, which was outstanding.Special Features:
- Too loudShermdogrDined on 9/18/2014I had heard race reviews about the Girl and the Goat and I was very excited to take my mom and a few of her friends there for dinner. I was surprised to be so disappointed, notably by the music--rap was blaring at 5:15 PM. I can understand the music being loud later in the night, but not for an early dinner. The waitress was hard to understand and I had a hard time talking to the person next to me. The courses came out so quickly too. It was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Lives up to Expectationschicagojay6Dined on 9/17/2014My girlfriend had been wanting to check this place out for a awhile. She's a celiac but it didn't affect her choices that much. Please note their fish sauce (used in several dishes) may contain trace amounts of wheat. She, however, didn't have any reaction. Also, some of their fried foods use oil that may have had gluten in them (we avoided these). Cocktails were very good and unique. As for the meal itself I looked at what other people had recommended and went off suggestions that appealed to me. I'd suggest you do the same. I'd recommend the Pig Face and Cauliflower dish. We'll definitely be back again...just make sure you get your reservation in 6-8 weeks ahead of time (even further out for a Thursday-Saturday date).Special Features:
- Too loudhungrynothardofhearingDined on 9/16/2014Food was outstanding, but impossible to talk to the person across the table due to noise level. Waitress was hoarse from yelling out the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodgauravDined on 9/15/2014When we did the reservation and got a late night spot, then we were thinking what is the whole fuss about this restaurant? After eating there, we realized the reason. The food was just brilliant. Perfectly cooked and presented. I travel a lot across US, but I have not eaten yet at a restaurant which had all courses better than other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknickDined on 9/15/2014It is difficult to describe in 50 characters the exceptional food at the Girl & the Goat. It is just astounding, great food, great place, great service. I recommend the pig face. It was an unforgettable experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Unique restaurantFoodFoodFoodDined on 9/15/2014I really enjoyed our dinner here - got to try several unique dishes. If you like interesting meats, this is the place. I tried duck tongues, raw goat, and pig face here... along with scallops and some delicious sourdough bread with tzatziki and hummus. Definitely for the adventurous. Cocktails were fantastic (and strong!) and went well with the food. Everything was delicious, although I will say I could tell it wasn't the healthiest food. Very hard to get in for a normal dinner-time reservation, but well worth the wait until 9PM. The service was good, too. It would be more fun to go as a group, given the dishes are served family style in generous servings, but my boyfriend and I were happy going as a couple, too.Special Features:
- Great Spot!ElleDined on 9/15/2014This was my third time at Girl & the Goat, the food was great as always. Shout out to their bartenders for making great drinks and being so attentive while we waited for our table.Special Features: