960 Gateway Commons Circle
Gateway Commons Shopping Center
Wake Forest, NC 27587Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.girasolewakeforest.com/
- Phone: 9195696714
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch
A word from Girasole Trattoria
Girasole is an upscale, yet modestly priced restaurant and bar, serving Northern Italian inspired creative dishes, such as grilled meats, rotisserie chicken, fresh fish, and pasta, flavored with herbs grown in the large garden adjacent to the restaurant. The space features an intimate bar and lounge, a wood-fired oven and open kitchen and seating for 75 patrons. Outside the restaurant is a covered garden and patio. Girasole is owned by Giorgios Bakatsias, who has created some of the Triangle’s most notable restaurants, among them are Parizade, Vita and Vin Rouge in Durham, and Bin 54 and Spice Street in Chapel Hill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Girasole Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Special nightlisaDined on 1/13/2014We enjoyed eating at Girasole on our wedding anniversary. From the friendly server and chef to the delicious food itself, it was a great evening. We cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- not what it used to begatorDined on 12/17/2013The service wasn't very good, the food was good, but the portions were much smaller than before, and we've been here at least 20 times in the last 2 years. The portions were at least half their previous size. This used to be our favorite place to go by ourselves or with groups, now I'm not sure. We'll give them another try, maybe we we got them on a bad night. We got our appetizer and salad before our bread and first drinks. I had to order my drink 3 times, because they were out of 2 of my top. choices of liquor. The bread was very hard and dry, like it had been around for a week. We only had one bite each, couldn't eat it. Our waitress only checked on us one time in hour and a half we were there. One more chance, then we look elsewhere.Special Features:
- The complimentary bread thatPatchesDined on 12/7/2013The complimentary bread that started the evening made me wonder if we had done the right thing choosing this restaurant. Luckily the wine was good, my pear salad and butternut squash ravoli w/scallops were excellent. My husband wasn't as lucky; he ordered a pork special over pasta and the pasta arrived without the pork. He thought it may have been diced in the pasta but luckily asked and the waiter returned with the rest of the dish. The pork was a little dry. The tomato basil soup was good. The servings were large enough we had no room for dessert.Special Features:
- We were next to a large partyRichDined on 11/30/2013We were next to a large party who were quite loud, our waitress offered to move us, which we did. It was better but is still a very lively resturantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding foodbailhanh12Dined on 10/24/2013Had a party of six. Food was outstanding. Found the place to be a bit cold. asked to be warmed up, but understand that it's hard to do that given it wasn't too crowded. The service otherwise was very good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, authentic Italian FoodMikeDined on 10/18/2013We much enjoyed our evening with the family at this restaurant, where we have been on several occasions. Many of the dishes are very authentic to our travels in Italy. This is a neighborhood gem that should be on radar screen for those who desire authentic Italian food, even pizza dishes, like in the old country. The wood fired pizza and under a brick brick grilled chicken was excellent. We will be back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!ThomasDined on 9/8/2013Four of us had a great night ,food was excellent!! Service as well, we will be back for sure. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice inside and lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013Very nice inside and lovely patio. The service was excellent but the food was not very good.My husband had the lobster ravioli special that tasted too fishy while my eggplant parm was not what I expected. I also think that a small salad should be included considering price of the entreesSpecial Features:
- Service was great, but theSteveDined on 8/8/2013Service was great, but the food quality has not been as good in recent months. Still an enjoyable place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR LAST CHANCE VISITgmnldDined on 7/28/2013We have had poor experiences the last few times we've eaten at this restaurant. We really want to promote our community restaurants so we gave it a break and tried it again. Well our waiter made stuff up he didn't know. We had to get the manager over to correct the issues and the food was mediocre. We had the chef come out and tell me I was wrong about the fish that it wasn't spicy at all when in fact I like spice and it was over peppery. Then they over charged us so we had to send both bills from the table back. It was 7pm on a Sunday and there were very few people in the restaurant. I don't see much of a future for it. And that's too bad for us.
- Nice Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2013We celebrated our anniversary at Girasole and had a wonderful time. By chance, we went on a Monday and took advantage of the Date Night Special; choice of salads, entrees and half carafe of wine for a very reasonable price. And unlike some restaurants, they include a wide variety of entrees. I had the Pomodoro Capellini and my husband had the Mediterranea, both delicious with generous portions. It was too hot the night we went, but there is a beautiful patio for outdoor dining. Overall, a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice outdoor dining areaLaurieVIPDined on 6/21/2013I really want to love this place but its always just average. Enjoyed some nice Italian wine. The antipasto had some nice cheese on it. My chicken bruschetta was not very tender but not bad. The Margarita pizza was heavily over spiced with something....our service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backTheRestauranteurDined on 6/7/2013After waiting for what seemed like ages, the hostess claimed to not have my reservations even though I had the confirmation in my email. They were not busy at all and wanted to put us at a table with the sun shining directly in our faces and were reluctant to let us choose another table. The server forgot my drink order and blamed it on another member of the waitstaff. The food was just "okay." It was nothing special. The kicker for me was when we were leaving and walking by the hostess, I spoke to her and told her to have a good night. Her response? "See ya" I won't be going back and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you're in Wake Forest and want Italian, go to Olive Garden or go to Raleigh.
- Awesome!KellyDined on 6/3/2013This was my first time here, the food was fabulous, the service amazing and the atmosphere was soothing. Couldn't ask for a better experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parJackieDined on 5/12/2013When we arrived for a 1pm reservation we had to wait 12 minutes for a table to be cleaned and set(it was Mother's Day). I thought it was order from the menu, not buffet, so my fault on that error. Buffet food was not labeled at the buffet table, there was a menu on the table where we were seated so it was difficult to dicypher some of the items. Too eclectic for a Sunday brunch, especially for children. The server could have been around more as well.Special Features:
- Just okWFEatzDined on 5/11/2013My family has been to this restaurant several times and usually has a great experience. However, this time things were just a little off. We were one of the first tables in the restaurant but the service was slow and just average.We were never asked for our drink order. We finished the bread and were never offered more. The server seemed to be new and was not that familiar with the menu. When our food arrived it was not that hot, as if it had been sitting in the window for awhile. My daughter ordered fries and they didn't bring ketchup. Empty plates weren't cleared quickly.There were only about 5 tables in the restaurant so this didn't make any sense that we weren't getting awesome service. Off night. Will try again but may wait awhile.Special Features:
- On the fenceMichaelVIPDined on 4/20/2013Ambience, services and quantity of food were all fine, however, the food itself was not as tasty as you would hope.Special Features:
- Bad Macaroni Grill food atOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2013Bad Macaroni Grill food at fine dining prices. One of the worst meals we have ever had. Very disappointing considering all of the good reviews??? Where did they come from.... Questionable???
- Good food, good prices. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013Good food, good prices. Nice to have a Sunday brunch option in WF!Special Features:
- All was good. Had been toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013All was good. Had been to the brunch in late December and was not expecting the buffet style that we encountered on Easter Sunday. Maybe something on the web site indicated that, but I had not seen it. All on the buffet was good and received something extra for kids after asking.Special Features:
- Could Be a New Family TraditionMbridghamDined on 3/31/2013We had a very nice experience at Girasole for Easter Brunch. We've eaten there other times. Food and service have always been very good but ambiance is usually a bit noisy. That was not the case for the Brunch which had a very nice ambiance. The selection of dishes for the brunch was a very nice, and not overwhelming, mix of breakfast and lunch selections: waffles and frittata, for example; salmon, prime rib and chicken for the latter. The quality of every dish was excellent. Service was personal and excellent from the front door and throughout the meal. We are definitely discussing making this an Easter tradition.Special Features:
- A bit disappointed given theLuvtwoeatVIPDined on 2/23/2013A bit disappointed given the owners typical menus, meal was average. Unfortunately there was a party of 8 that was excessively loud and made it uncomfortable for others around them.
- I have eaten at Girasole manyCEW3Dined on 2/14/2013I have eaten at Girasole many times. The Valentines Day Menu was different (special). My food was not as good as I was used to at Girasole. My companion enjoyed her food, so maybe it was just mine that was a little off (Chicken Parmesan). It wasn't bad, just not up to the usual standard. Service was a little slower than usual, probably becasue of the night (Valentine's Day). I will go back to Girasole, so the experience was OK, just not as good as I am used to.
- I'm sure that this place isOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I'm sure that this place is lovely on a normal day. But for me, I made reservations for my 2 year anniversary which was also valentines day. I read through the menu and had dinner already picked out. When we got there I found out there was a "valentines day menu" that only had at most 6 choices. Nothing we wanted was on the menu and what was on there was their most expensive meals it seemed. I may try again on a normal day to see if its better.Special Features:
- Always enjoy a meal at Girasole.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2013Always enjoy a meal at Girasole. Food is always top notch, prices are reasonable for the quality. Staff are attentiveSpecial Features:
- Dinner was delicious, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013Dinner was delicious, but portion was very small for the price. I love cheesecake, but did not care for this one. Loved the Wednesday night special (1/2 price wine bottles). The service was outstanding.
- Even though I was lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2012Even though I was looking forward to Italian cuisine the traditional Thanksgiving buffet was very well done. The pumpkin soup was astounding! The green salad was very impressive with a nice variety of greens. The turkey was moist and tasty. The broccoli in cheddar sauce passed my crunchiness test. Both cranberries and cranberry sauce - nice touch. All very well done. Service was very prompt, courteous and friendly. I was even able to get directions to a local spot. We will have to go back so we can order Italian!Special Features:
- Wow, and I mean wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012We weren't sure what to expect with the restaurant being out of the way, and in an upscale strip mall. We were seated at our reservation time. The restaurant was not busy for an early dinner, however it did pick up as the evening went on. The atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable. The waitress was helpful when I told her about my food allergies, and she made suggestions for replacements on side items I could not eat. Our dinners definitely exceeded our expectations. My husband said the risotto was cooked perfectly, and his lamb was "melt in your mouth" good, and believe me, my husband is a foodie and enjoys fine food. He is particular. I had the Italian sausage. It was delicious. The wine list was good. I would recommend them highly!Special Features:
- A Dining Gem in Wake Forest, NCJerseyBoyDined on 10/5/2012A definite dining choice for Wake Forest, NC. We had a very good meal here. It is on our list of preferred restaurants in Wake Forest.Special Features:
- Great Date Night Option!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2012Girasole is one of my favorite date night restaurants. On Monday night, the offer a date special that is worth checking out. For $30 you get: two salads, two entrees, 1/2 carafe of whine and a single desert to share. Check this restaraunt out the next time you are out on the NW corner of Raleigh (or Wake Forest).Special Features:
- for the most part it was aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012for the most part it was a great experience. Our server Clint was wonderful. Our entree's took a longer than expected and my steak was a little tough. The chicken under a brick was very good along with the sides. I would go again for sure. I would like to try the sausage.Special Features:
- Great wait staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2012We had some of the best service here...she was new, but oh so thorough!! Good service is one of the most impt. Issues facing restaurants today. There food is excellent also,but without a great wait staff....the great food is of little importance!Special Features:
- Had dinner at 9:15 on a SatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Had dinner at 9:15 on a Sat nite and the place was empty. They close at 10. We've been to this place before and loved it, it was packed and the food was great. Not this time. We asked for the fire to be lit on the patio and they refused. I guess because it was so late. No more gluten free on the menu, food was salty, eggplant parm wasn't good. Sad we loved this place.
- Noisy but very good food.Journey1Dined on 8/4/2012This restaurant had really piqued my interest. So when the opportunity availed itself to me for a free dinner, of course this is where I chose to go. When entering around 6:45 on a Saturday evening, the noise level was almost enough to drive me out of the door but we had reservations for a party of 3 so I could not back out. I ordered the Penne Fra Divalo, shrimp, scallops and spinach in a spicy tomato cream sauce. The sauce was what spoke to me and since I love seafood, I thought, how could I go wrong with this dish? Our beverages was delivered in a timely fashion. When the dishes were delivered, I was disappointed to find only 2 shrimp and 2 scallops in my dish. It was "delish" but just not enough to compensate for the pasta. Tasty thoughSpecial Features:
- ONE OF MY FAV PLACES, VERYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012ONE OF MY FAV PLACES, VERY FRIENDLY AND FOOD IS EXCELLENTSpecial Features:
- Great food, excellent service--butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2012Great food, excellent service--but the acoustics are terrible--very noisy!Special Features:
- We had heard many good thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012We had heard many good things about Girasole Trattoria and decided to try them on our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. We had an attentive waiter and great food. We ordered the lasagna and pizza, both delicious. The meatball sliders we started with were equally good. We will definitely go back to dine on their beautiful outdoor patio!Special Features:
- The service was so quick thatJakieDined on 6/29/2012The service was so quick that we hadn't finished with our salads before the entrees arrived. A little slower pace would have been nice.Special Features:
- My husband and I loved theLoveItDined on 5/30/2012My husband and I loved the ambiance and food. The staff was very attentive. We will be going back soonSpecial Features:
- Although the food was excellent,SteveDined on 5/17/2012Although the food was excellent, the service was not. Our waiter got my wife's dinner order wrong not once bu twice. She never did get what she ordered. This was our first not great experience there. Usually service and food are excellent. I hope it was just a fluke.Special Features: