3108 Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mygirasole.com/
- Phone: 6093455554x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cosimo Cassano & Rosalba Morici
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: With personal attention & the finest cuisine, your party will have an experience they'll never forget. Whether in a convention group, a company party or a birthday celebration, Girasole will make your occasion extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Carmine Covino 6093455554x
A word from Girasole Ristorante
Girasole brings the charm of the old world to Atlantic City. From the moment you enter this bright, airy restaurant, you are whisked away to a Mediterranean café. The aroma of handmade pasta dishes, fresh seafood & gourmet brick oven pizza fills the air. Dine in the impeccably decorated restaurant or, in the warmer months, enjoy lunch or dinner on the lush garden patio. Indulge in a specialty cocktail from the bar & enjoy hors d'oeuvres, carpaccios & much more, all in sunny ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Girasole Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Girasole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (39)special occasion (39)notable wine list (26)good for groups (20)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Italian FoodDavidGDined on 10/14/2014Very good non-Casino restuarant. Italian Food dine correctly!Special Features:
- Lacks attention to detailPumpkinDined on 10/11/2014Dined with a table of 6. The food was very good. The dining experience...not so much. Our main courses did not arrive at the same time. Half our party watched their food get cold while waiting for the rest of us to be served. Annoying and uncomfortable. We were seated at a (requested) round table. The table was right in front of the entrance to the kitchen and too close to other tables. Some of us were continually bumped and brushed up against throughout dinner. There were other available round 6 tops in more desirable locations that could have been offered to us when we arrived.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Warm and friendly staff and fresh, delicious food cooked perfectly. Cozy ambience. Great for a date.Special Features:
- Nice eveningJackieRVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a good find in AC. It doesn't feel too touristy (i.e., not outrageously priced) and the ambiance was a nice break from all of the loud music, flashing lights, etc. The food was hit or miss. The orecchiette with sausage and the polenta were very bland. But, the carbonara and the bolognese were delicious. They also have a reasonably priced wine list. I'd check it out - I think it's one of the better dining options in the area and they can accommodate large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian restaurant in Atlantic CityDemaxiDined on 10/11/2014I did an internet search for restaurant in AC and was glad I did. With so many restaurants in the casino; this one is on the street and well worth it. Good food with homemade pasta. Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always visit when in ACDebDonDined on 10/10/2014We love the food and wine. Service is always great. The Carpaccio is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every waylessigDined on 10/9/2014I love everything about Girasole! Food is excellent, pizza oven is so cool, and everyone is so nice!Special Features:
- Italian at its finestMariaDined on 10/6/2014I usually make a reservation at Chef Vola when I go to AC, but I was there on a Monday and went with Girasole after finding it at open table. The place is a block from the exit of the Tropicana. Sure, the ambiance is a bit strange, but the food was top notch and the service was friendly and attentive. Our server spoke very broken English, but that added to the experience! They had a mid week dinner special, three courses for $33.00. My family loved it and we will be back soon! My only regret is that I just discovered this place!Special Features:
- They appear to be rip offsFluffVIPDined on 9/27/2014On our recent visit we brought 4 guests with us. Some of our dinners were good, but 2 of the dinners were not. When we received our bill my husband reviewed it and found two extra charges for $19.50 each that did not belong to us. When my husband spoke to our waiter , he responded by saying Oh yes, I made a mistake.Special Features:
- Excellent all the way aroundGinoDined on 9/12/2014Food is great!! Service is excellent! This is one of our favorite restaurants ! Best Italian in New Jersey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughIknowfood13Dined on 9/8/2014If you enjoy REAL italian food this is your spot! I recently celebrated my birthday/engagement here and it was amazing. We split two half orders of their homemade pastas; gnocchi and orecchiette ; as well as the rack if veal milanese. I work in one of the best italian restaurants and rarely eat it out but this place is worth it. Reasonably priced and offer tasting menus as well. I have been to Chef Volas several times and although they are good this place food is way better. My suggestion dine here have dessert at chef volas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and ambiencevickiVIPDined on 9/1/2014Consistently good food, drinks, ambience and service.Special Features:
- Amazing all aroundAwfulDined on 9/1/2014Amazing service , nice ambiance , delicious food. The food is authentic Italian food . This was the best meal we had in AC. Everything was cooked to perfection and my girlfriend and I did not have any complaints . My drink I ordered took a while to come out but bc of the wait they did not charge me for the drink. When we return to AC again we will be dinning here again. Note the pesto with linguine and pine nuts was so tasty and the cavolini was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girasole foodjoek123Dined on 8/31/2014Superb selection of food and the pasta is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- egsbertVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food and service were very good. The noise level was the only criticism in the dining area inside.Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in ACJraftDined on 8/28/2014This is my third visit to the Girasole, we go every time we go to AC. It's the first time we've been in the summer, so the place was more packed than usual. I was sad we didn't get our usual waiter, but the service was great and the food as good as always. I'll be back in AC next month, and I will insist on coming here for dinner!Special Features:
- Wonderful SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Love this restaurant.Versace would be proud. Food,service,drinks just perfect.Special Features:
- Nice evening.dinnerfor4Dined on 8/22/2014After booking a table for 4 through Open Table, we received prime seating. We love the Italian at Girosole, but even our steak loving friend was very happy with his filet steak with garlic sauce. We dine there every time we are in Atlantic City.Special Features:
- Always good!chrispyDined on 8/19/2014The food is always great here. Nice ambiance. Good service. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for nice relaxed mealcarelle214VIPDined on 8/17/2014Had spent previous 2 nights @ Margate "hot spots", that were busy, noisy, hectic, but excellant food. This was a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PizzaGreatVIPDined on 8/15/2014They sure do know how to make great pizza, love coal fired brick oven, simply the bestSpecial Features:
- Third visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful meal my third visit this summer and meal or service never missesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deja VuDanBVIPDined on 8/8/2014The last time we dined at Girasole was 20 years ago. The decor hasn't changed! It was like walking into a time capsule! Even though the place would benefit from a renovation, the food was very good. The bronzino was excellent. The langoustine were also very good, but very pricy at $48. Many diners were getting salad and brick oven pizza, which definitely is the way to dine if looking for a more reasonably priced meal.
- Wonderful meal!tcamp0000Dined on 8/4/2014I found Girasole to be a great family-run restaurant with freshly prepared, delicious food and great service. The waiter could have known the wine list and selection better and how to describe each one (there weren't very many!), but otherwise, we had a great multi-course meal! Would highly recommend it especially if you'd like to go to more a neighborhood restaurant vs. the larger more expensive casino-run ones in AC.Special Features:
- Consistently good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I have been to Girasole's several times and the food is consistently good. The restaurant is a little tight and crowded so it makes it a little difficult to get in, especially for a person in a wheelchair, but the staff was very accommodating. The pasta fagioli soup was great!Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014We have been to Girasole before, but every time we go there, we always enjoy ourselves! From the service, to the food, etc....Everything was wonderful!! We will be back & Thank you! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravoDaGoodsDined on 7/26/2014If you want outstanding, authentic, Italian fare prepared and served by Italians, then get out of the casinos and head over to this neighborhood gem. Very unassuming from the outside. Inside? Bellisimo! Atmosphere, food, and service are all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disrespectfulVAfoodiesDined on 7/26/2014Disrespected from the time we walked in to the time we walked out. When we walked in we were not greeted. We had to find the hostess. she acted like we were bothering here. we were seated and forgot about for about 10 minutes before we ordered our drinks. 15 minutes later were served our drinks and placed order. 15 minutes later apps came out. 45 minutes later dinner came out. We were never asked for refills or how the food was. But, the topper was... as my wife and I were leaving she happened to look in the corner by our booth and laying on the floor (rolled up) was an American flag. My wife said something to the manager and again no apologies were made, only a "we will look into it." We will never go back there again!!!!
- Worth the rideAudiTravelersDined on 7/25/2014Was at a business meeting with 10 other men and found the food and wine incredible. Returned with my wife to share this great culinary experience. Homemade pasta was cooked to perfection, the seafood fresh, and an excellent wine list. Traveled 50 miles to enjoy the experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealKarlosluckVIPDined on 7/21/2014We had a very good meal here. But just very good. Ordered the way too expensive lobster tail as an appetizer and was a bit disappointed with the price for the size of the tail. Our ceaser salad was good. Our entrees were good, except my short ribs were cold. I would have complained but our waiter didn't come back in a timely fashion. The wine selection is very good and very well priced. A very good meal that could have easily been better with more attentive service.Special Features:
- Fwww717Dined on 7/16/2014This was our first vist and we would definetely recommend it. Food was delicious. Service was excellant and everything cooked fresh . We will definetely go back again next year on our trip back to atlantic city....Special Features:
- Awesome!!momof2Dined on 7/16/2014This is the 2nd time my family and I have been here. The staff is friendly, the decor is beautiful-Girasole means Sunflower in Italian so that is their theme but not gaudy, it's tastefully done. The pizza is made in a brick oven and the Tagliatelle pasta is homemade- simply to die for!!!! I recommend it for anyone that wants a homemade meal at affordable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Italian foodluvgooditalianVIPDined on 7/14/2014And pleasant ambience. Sophisticated Italian: bronzino baked in salt is their specialty; An array of homemade pastas and boxed pastas: homemade papperadelle pasta with bologanese is my favorite; a selection of carpaccios--my favorite is warm filet with truffle oil and argula. Pretty restaurant and good service. Also have pizza cooked in a wood burning stove.Special Features:
- Great food, bad tablealamarinaDined on 7/12/2014I've been to Girasole several times and food is generally quite good. It is a little pricey but that's what you pay for good food and ambience. It was so crowded however that they stuck a table in an aisle and people were squeezing by it all night. With a reservation I expect a little better from a premier restaurant. Other than that, excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodgw72Dined on 7/10/2014It was our first time at Girasole. It has always been recommended as a place that has great food. It did not disappoint. Both my wife and I had a very nice meal and we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- AC's bestRonnVIPDined on 7/5/2014Always a favorite for the best food at the Shore. It is by far Atlantic City's best restaurant.Special Features:
- nancan1VIPDined on 7/4/2014Food delicious as always. Quicker than usual service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined outside this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I've had dinner at Girasole twice before with large parties of business associates and thought the food and service were very good as well a nice ambience away from the casino scene. My wife were in AC for just one evening and decided to go there for dinner. Since it was June and previous visits were in February, I wanted try the outside patio. It was a little sunny and hot until they pulled the retractable awning to provide some relief, but the pastas and sauces we ordered were great. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girasole, Saturday nightHappyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Service was absolutely awful. Server came up with some lame excuse that they were just gearing up for Summer (6 days prior to July 4) in a summer resort area. Food was not much better. I would never go back.
- The following 524 reviews are from the Girasole Ristorante reviews archive.
- Very good food!2FoodiesDined on 6/27/2014We loved the whole baked fish! Excellent Mojitos. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.