3108 Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mygirasole.com/
- Phone: (609) 345-5554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cosimo Cassano & Rosalba Morici
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: With personal attention & the finest cuisine, your party will have an experience they'll never forget. Whether in a convention group, a company party or a birthday celebration, Girasole will make your occasion extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Carmine Covino 6093455554x
A word from Girasole Ristorante
Girasole brings the charm of the old world to Atlantic City. From the moment you enter this bright, airy restaurant, you are whisked away to a Mediterranean café. The aroma of handmade pasta dishes, fresh seafood & gourmet brick oven pizza fills the air. Dine in the impeccably decorated restaurant or, in the warmer months, enjoy lunch or dinner on the lush garden patio. Indulge in a specialty cocktail from the bar & enjoy hors d'oeuvres, carpaccios & much more, all in sunny ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Girasole Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Girasole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (45)romantic (36)special occasion (32)notable wine list (25)good for groups (17)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- My friends and I loved everyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2009My friends and I loved every bit of our lunch. I've been to Girasole before, and I wanted my friends to experience great Italian food. We'll definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- The staff are very engagingFoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2009The staff are very engaging and welcoming; the food excellent. The veal chop Milanese is one of the best I've sampled. They are also one of the few restaurants that serve wine by the glass in a really nice wineglass. May not seem like a big deal to some but it shows that they pay attention to the smallest details to ensure that your experience is an enjoyable one.Special Features:
- We look forward to havingfun2dineACVIPDined on 2/16/2009We look forward to having dinner here whenever we visit Atlantic City. The food is wonderful. The pasta dishes never disappoint. The fish encrusted in sea salt is always wonderful. We can't wait to go back. It's our daughter's birthday in March and she mentioned she would like to go to AC for a day or two. We will definitely be eating at Girasole.Special Features:
- everything was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2009everything was excellent. they were our of one appetizer. our server could have spent a little more time on us and been more attentive.Special Features:
- Our food was very good and,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Our food was very good and, once seated, our service was fair. The table next to us had a different server who took their order before ours but only brought the order to the table after we had finished our meal. They actually questioned us to make sure we had finished our main course. They were so confused that they did not receive their food for so long. We had a 9:00pm reservation but we had to wait over an hour for the table. It was Valentine's Day, so a little delay can be understood, however as we were waiting an hour we saw how badly understaffed the restaurant was that night. Tables were being cleared but not reset for long periods of time. I did not even see anyone assigned to bus the tables. The servers had to do everything.
- Fabulous Italian Restaurant.hanovkVIPDined on 2/14/2009Fabulous Italian Restaurant. It is one of the top five Italian restaurants which I've ever experienced. The food is fresh and creatively prepared. The pasta fagioli soup is heavenly as are the homemade pastas. Well worth the experience.Special Features:
- Service spotty; owner wasGo2eireDined on 2/14/2009Service spotty; owner was friendly but occupied with seating as it was Valentine's day. Seating was ok but the front area was noisy (street traffic). Waitress MIA after initial order. Carmine, rescued the evening by jumping in and making us feel more welcome. Specials were described but no prices announced. They were very pricey. Good entree selection - pasta entrees very good as was seafood choices. Wines were ok but price per glass high.Martini selection ok but overpriced at $12. would give restuarant another try in warmer weather. Location convenient to Tropicana and the Quarter. It has the potential to be great but needs to focus on service, pricing of wines and martinis. AC needs a place like this.Special Features:
- This is actually our favoriteMazzVIPDined on 2/14/2009This is actually our favorite place! You can't beat the broccoli rabe and sausage or the polenta dish! Whenever we want to "impress" someone..this is where we come!! Also, the cocktails are generally larger than most places and really no major difference in cost compared to more mediocre places.Special Features:
- Great place. Food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2009Great place. Food was excellent. Service was very good. Valet parking is available but not convenient.
- This is one of the best ItalianhanovkVIPDined on 12/26/2008This is one of the best Italian restaurants in the East. The menu represents a diverse collection of Italian favorites. Each preparation appears to be unique in it presentation and taste. I will comeback again and again to savor the special flavors and unique ambience that are rarely found together.Special Features:
- The service was poor. EvenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/5/2008The service was poor. Even with a reservation we waited 1 hour for a table. No one ever took a drink order the entire time we were waiting for our reserved table..
- As always the food does notFoodieVIPDined on 11/21/2008As always the food does not disappoint at this jersey shore Italian. The veal dishes are superb and the starters, be that soup, salad or carpaccio are both fresh & excellent. The brick oven gives it a cozy ambiance for winter.Special Features:
- This is a nice place justmikeb96VIPDined on 11/20/2008This is a nice place just down the street from the Tropicana. Service and food are excellent. Small place, so make reservations. Cocktails were very light on the liquor, but Milly, our waitress made sure the evening was a great experince. Only problem was the fact that nobody offered to seat us. We asked five different employees who pointed us to others while wiating to check in (we had reservations). Seemed they didn;t have our table ready, so they added seats to a table by the bar. A few patrons at the bar were a bit loud, so much so that they interfered with our conversation. However, in the end, the entire menu was excellent.Special Features:
- We had a nice meal with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2008We had a nice meal with good service. Nothing bad, but nothing extraordinary.
- good food. ok service. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2008good food. ok service. Not sure they understand the concept of "the reservation".Special Features:
- Very expensive for what youSunshineVIPDined on 10/21/2008Very expensive for what you get!! Food was good, but not worth the prices charged!! Would not go again.
- Diners on an enclosed porchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2008Diners on an enclosed porch were permitted to smoke during meal without the restaurant having informed other diners. Service was casual and mediocre; multiple waiters dressed sloppily. Overall a big disappointment.
- The service was extraordinary.socaleater343VIPDined on 9/13/2008The service was extraordinary. From the moment we walked in until the moment we left, we felt special. And the food was authentic Italian. I grew up lliving with my grandmother who "came over on the boat". The food at this restaurant reminded me of her cooking. Very reasoably priced as well, with an extensive menu.Special Features:
- Always a great experience.Sandydy14Dined on 8/24/2008Always a great experience. Service and food excellent.Special Features:
- nice to have great italianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2008nice to have great italian cooking in the heart of atlantic city, and away from the casino - well, at least a block or two away. interesting crowd - young and old and everything in between. friendly service and very nice food. i would recommend it!Special Features:
- The restaurant does not haveACC888Dined on 8/18/2008The restaurant does not have a super fancy exterior so it took us a while to find. The interior looked like a small family own Italian restaurants, the wait staff were fairly friendly. The appetitizers were amazing. We ordered the rack of lamb it took pretty long but it was worth the waitSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed this restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2008Enjoyed this restaurant in Atlantic City. The menu was extremely varied. The pizza appetizer was enough for a meal. We had the "early bird special" which included an appetizer, main course and dessert. This was an excellent value. Wait staff could be friendlier.Special Features:
- Fresh food as expensive orMantolokingVIPDined on 8/5/2008Fresh food as expensive or as affordable as you choose. A delight in Atlantic CitySpecial Features:
- a good value for food in anOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2008a good value for food in an area that has many restaurants that are overpriced and over-rated. Great menu, attentive service. Good vibes in bar area. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Had an 8:00 reservation andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008Had an 8:00 reservation and arrived at that time. Sat at the bar and waited 20 min to get a cocktail due to only one bartender for the whole restaurant. We understood the bartender was having a problem and we were patient with her. By 9:00 we had to DEMAND a table. We were given bread and water and the waitress came back at 9:35 asking if we were READY TO ORDRER with no acknowledgement of letting us sit there for 35 min. and no plan to address the fact they were having a problem that night. The only thing to do at this point was to get up and leave, which we did, and went to another restaurant. I was going to leave my e-mail below, but no way will we return.
- OUr dining experience at GirasoleFineDining1VIPDined on 7/26/2008OUr dining experience at Girasole was outstanding. The food and ambiance are superb. Our waitress Michelle was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008The food was outstanding! The staff was very good and very professional. However, it appeared that they were a few people understaffed for the size of the crowd. All in all a delightful dining experience. We are looking forward to many more nights at this excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food..a hidden gem amongPhillyFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2008Great food..a hidden gem among the city of casinos and buffets. We've eaten there three times. Food is excellent and high quality and the service is awesome. Definitely recommended!Special Features:
- Food was fair. Portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2008Food was fair. Portion size okay, but food itself was only so-so. Service was slow, and servers were very arrogant.
- The service in the restaurantphillygirl330VIPDined on 6/28/2008The service in the restaurant was the worst we've EVER experienced.The hostess (who then was our waitress) was nasty to us and practically ignored us from the moment we entered the restaurant.I asked 3 times if we could check in and give her our name...she just said "I'm seating you" in a beyond nasty manner and never took our name.Then put us into OpenTable as a "no-show".We sat at our table for 30 min before anyone came over to us and offered us drinks or told us specials.For an 8:00 reservation,our entrees were served at 9:30. We were then ignored again;30 min after dinner someone FINALLY came over and asked if we wanted to see a dessert menu. The 1st time EVER that we & the other couple didn't leave a tip for a waitress. Unacceptable!!!
- Service was VERY SLOW. Otherwise,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2008Service was VERY SLOW. Otherwise, this is an outstanding place to eat.Special Features:
- There were loud children thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2008There were loud children that made the marks lower. Also, for some reason, Girasole, told Opentable that I did not show up for my reservation.Special Features:
- Delicious authentic italianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2008Delicious authentic italian cuisine. Brick oven pizza that rivals pizza prepared in Italy. Service was prompt and non-obtrusive.Special Features:
- Girasole is an excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2008Girasole is an excellent, authentic Italian restaurant. It's conveniently located between two of Atlantic City's casino hotels. The staff is very accomodating, and we were never rushed. Most importantly, the food was delicious.Special Features:
- This was first visit to GirasoleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2008This was first visit to Girasole since last summer. Disappointed in food. Was surprised that restaurant was not very busy. The food came very fast and we did not really dine. Seemed like they were in a rush to get us in and out even though the place was not filled. Felt like they rush us. As soon as we put our fork down they were ready to remove our plates. We were out of there is less that 1.5 hours. Doubt that we will return. Used to be one of our favorite places to go.
- Mixed reaction! ExteriorOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2008Mixed reaction! Exterior very bland, however,upon entry into restaurant you come into the bar area, which was most impressive. Very comfortable seating with fabrics designed by Gianni Versace. The bar itself seemed very well stocked and welcoming. As for the food, some dishes were very good, e.g., the cheese plate and pasta special that evening was excellent, while the chicken specialty was a disappointment. The chicken was overcooked and tough to slice. Salads were good, with some very nice dressings. Service was good and our waitress was very well versed and took time to describe many of the selections. Overall a pleasant experience with some reservations.
- This is certainly one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2008This is certainly one of the best joints in Atlantic City, but that's not saying much, since this is just about the worst city for dining. However, the food here is great, and this is certainly a hidden gem. Just bring your patience, as service can be a bit slow and unattentive.Special Features:
- We arrived a little beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2008We arrived a little before our reservation. Asked to sit in main room - have an enclosed outside room - smokey from people standing outdoors to smoke. We were told it was Memorial Day weekend and should be happy to take any table we get. Since I made the reservation way in advance, I know they definitely overbooked. Finally, after waiting over 1/2hour (8pm) were seated. Our waiter was very nice, had trouble understanding us & him. This was the 3rd time here, each time a problem where we sat and waiter issues. Not sure we'll return.
- The food here was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2008The food here was very good i thought just nothing spectacular. Its a shame that it was so empty because everyone likes to go to the chain restaurant in their hotels, noone likes to leave anymore.Special Features:
- The food and service werePalmDined on 5/15/2008The food and service were excellent! The bill was about $100 for 2 people with a bottle of wine, App, 2 entrees and a dessert.Special Features: