3108 Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.girasoleac.com/
- Phone: 6093455554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cosimo Cassano & Rosalba Morici
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: With personal attention & the finest cuisine, your party will have an experience they'll never forget. Whether in a convention group, a company party or a birthday celebration, Girasole will make your occasion extra special.
- Private Party Contact: Gino Iovino 6093455554
A word from Girasole Ristorante
Girasole brings the charm of the old world to Atlantic City. From the moment you enter this bright, airy restaurant, you are whisked away to a Mediterranean café. The aroma of handmade pasta dishes, fresh seafood & gourmet brick oven pizza fills the air. Dine in the impeccably decorated restaurant or, in the warmer months, enjoy lunch or dinner on the lush garden patio. Indulge in a specialty cocktail from the bar & enjoy hors d'oeuvres, carpaccios & much more, all in sunny ambience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Girasole Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Girasole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (44)romantic (40)notable wine list (25)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Love this restaurant.Versace would be proud. Food,service,drinks just perfect.Special Features:
- Nice evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014After booking a table for 4 through Open Table, we received prime seating. We love the Italian at Girosole, but even our steak loving friend was very happy with his filet steak with garlic sauce. We dine there every time we are in Atlantic City.Special Features:
- Always good!chrispyDined on 8/19/2014The food is always great here. Nice ambiance. Good service. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for nice relaxed mealcarelle214VIPDined on 8/17/2014Had spent previous 2 nights @ Margate "hot spots", that were busy, noisy, hectic, but excellant food. This was a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PizzaGreatVIPDined on 8/15/2014They sure do know how to make great pizza, love coal fired brick oven, simply the bestSpecial Features:
- Third visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful meal my third visit this summer and meal or service never missesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deja VuDanBVIPDined on 8/8/2014The last time we dined at Girasole was 20 years ago. The decor hasn't changed! It was like walking into a time capsule! Even though the place would benefit from a renovation, the food was very good. The bronzino was excellent. The langoustine were also very good, but very pricy at $48. Many diners were getting salad and brick oven pizza, which definitely is the way to dine if looking for a more reasonably priced meal.
- Wonderful meal!tcamp0000Dined on 8/4/2014I found Girasole to be a great family-run restaurant with freshly prepared, delicious food and great service. The waiter could have known the wine list and selection better and how to describe each one (there weren't very many!), but otherwise, we had a great multi-course meal! Would highly recommend it especially if you'd like to go to more a neighborhood restaurant vs. the larger more expensive casino-run ones in AC.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014We have been to Girasole before, but every time we go there, we always enjoy ourselves! From the service, to the food, etc....Everything was wonderful!! We will be back & Thank you! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravoDaGoodsDined on 7/26/2014If you want outstanding, authentic, Italian fare prepared and served by Italians, then get out of the casinos and head over to this neighborhood gem. Very unassuming from the outside. Inside? Bellisimo! Atmosphere, food, and service are all top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disrespectfulVAfoodiesDined on 7/26/2014Disrespected from the time we walked in to the time we walked out. When we walked in we were not greeted. We had to find the hostess. she acted like we were bothering here. we were seated and forgot about for about 10 minutes before we ordered our drinks. 15 minutes later were served our drinks and placed order. 15 minutes later apps came out. 45 minutes later dinner came out. We were never asked for refills or how the food was. But, the topper was... as my wife and I were leaving she happened to look in the corner by our booth and laying on the floor (rolled up) was an American flag. My wife said something to the manager and again no apologies were made, only a "we will look into it." We will never go back there again!!!!
- Worth the rideAudiTravelersDined on 7/25/2014Was at a business meeting with 10 other men and found the food and wine incredible. Returned with my wife to share this great culinary experience. Homemade pasta was cooked to perfection, the seafood fresh, and an excellent wine list. Traveled 50 miles to enjoy the experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealKarlosluckVIPDined on 7/21/2014We had a very good meal here. But just very good. Ordered the way too expensive lobster tail as an appetizer and was a bit disappointed with the price for the size of the tail. Our ceaser salad was good. Our entrees were good, except my short ribs were cold. I would have complained but our waiter didn't come back in a timely fashion. The wine selection is very good and very well priced. A very good meal that could have easily been better with more attentive service.Special Features:
- Fwww717Dined on 7/16/2014This was our first vist and we would definetely recommend it. Food was delicious. Service was excellant and everything cooked fresh . We will definetely go back again next year on our trip back to atlantic city....Special Features:
- Awesome!!momof2Dined on 7/16/2014This is the 2nd time my family and I have been here. The staff is friendly, the decor is beautiful-Girasole means Sunflower in Italian so that is their theme but not gaudy, it's tastefully done. The pizza is made in a brick oven and the Tagliatelle pasta is homemade- simply to die for!!!! I recommend it for anyone that wants a homemade meal at affordable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Italian foodluvgooditalianVIPDined on 7/14/2014And pleasant ambience. Sophisticated Italian: bronzino baked in salt is their specialty; An array of homemade pastas and boxed pastas: homemade papperadelle pasta with bologanese is my favorite; a selection of carpaccios--my favorite is warm filet with truffle oil and argula. Pretty restaurant and good service. Also have pizza cooked in a wood burning stove.Special Features:
- Great food, bad tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014I've been to Girasole several times and food is generally quite good. It is a little pricey but that's what you pay for good food and ambience. It was so crowded however that they stuck a table in an aisle and people were squeezing by it all night. With a reservation I expect a little better from a premier restaurant. Other than that, excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodgw72Dined on 7/10/2014It was our first time at Girasole. It has always been recommended as a place that has great food. It did not disappoint. Both my wife and I had a very nice meal and we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- AC's bestRonnVIPDined on 7/5/2014Always a favorite for the best food at the Shore. It is by far Atlantic City's best restaurant.Special Features:
- nancan1Dined on 7/4/2014Food delicious as always. Quicker than usual service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined outside this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I've had dinner at Girasole twice before with large parties of business associates and thought the food and service were very good as well a nice ambience away from the casino scene. My wife were in AC for just one evening and decided to go there for dinner. Since it was June and previous visits were in February, I wanted try the outside patio. It was a little sunny and hot until they pulled the retractable awning to provide some relief, but the pastas and sauces we ordered were great. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girasole, Saturday nightHappyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Service was absolutely awful. Server came up with some lame excuse that they were just gearing up for Summer (6 days prior to July 4) in a summer resort area. Food was not much better. I would never go back.
- Very good food!2FoodiesDined on 6/27/2014We loved the whole baked fish! Excellent Mojitos. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVDined on 6/26/2014The food was fantastic as it always is. We have been here several times and are never disappointed. The homemade pastas are the best! And I love that you can order half portions of the pastas so you can try them all.Special Features:
- Very disappointedste133Dined on 6/23/2014We honestly could not have been more disappointed in our experience. First, we walked in and there was nobody to greet us - we had to wander around the bar to find a waiter who gave us our choice of tables since there was literally nobody else there at our 6pm reservation time. The entire experience was awkward with the waiter and busboy not understanding English very well and barely being present. We found the menu a little confusing, but couldn't get explanations even when we asked. The waiter took our order and we did not see him again for 45 minutes when food arrived & our waiter said nothing to us. This was our 40th anniversary & we stated so on our reservation. We wanted nothing, but not once did any staff person wish us well.Special Features:
- Off the BoardwalkrobinDined on 6/15/2014This is an excellent Italian restaurant just a block off the Atlantic City boardwalk. Food was very good and pries were reasonable.
- Always a treatnoodleVIPDined on 6/14/2014Girasole remains one of my favorites in Atlantic City. The food and wine are excellent. It's vibrant and fun. Never disappoints!!
- ElvisDined on 6/14/2014Always always a hassle when u get there unorganized in getting things ready food always good service was good but don't go with a party bigger then four that's when u have some problems
- DisappointedSZL1Dined on 6/14/2014So I have been to this restaurant at least 4 times and always enjoyed it. This time the waiter would not order our appetizers until we placed our dinner order . We wanted to relax have a few drinks but that wasn't allowed. I asked to speak with the manager but he never came to the table . I ordered the veal chop and got a skinny breaded and fried cutlet with the bone for $38, really. Very disappointing meal on many levels for $400 for 2 couples.
- DO/ACallenVIPDined on 6/11/2014Wanted a restaurant in Atlantic City that was not in a hotel, not a chain, and preferably family-owned. Found it in this delightful place, with excellent food, gracious service, and a nice place to eat away from the casino tumult. Will definitely recommend to anyone going to AC and wanting a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- NYPIDined on 6/6/2014It is a great family owned restaurant that makes you feel at home!Special Features:
- Disappointing!LLK605Dined on 5/31/2014We had been to the Girasole Ristorante in Phila and it was great! This venue was unenjoyable! Food was so-so to tasteless; Noise level was over the top: Had different waiters deliver sthe wrong food and mix up the bill. Would not return!!!Special Features:
- It was a good atmosphereAylinaDined on 5/29/2014I would definitely recommend this place and I would go back to try another dish in the future if I am in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of Atlantic CityCannoliDined on 5/24/2014I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed dinner at Girasole. Our GPS took us to the wrong address which made us 45 minutes late. We were greeted with a big smile and a warm welcome. After that it was the best martini I ever had followed by one of the best meals I ever had. If you are in Atlantic City you must have at least one meal at this lovely place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTimLuvs2eatDined on 5/23/2014I had the ravioli and it was excellent. The chocolate mousse was very good. I'm sure everything was freshly made. Looking forward to trying other pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liked this restaurantBarbaraDined on 5/20/2014The restaurant was very pretty, it had a nice ambiance and the food was really nice. We had salad, carpaccio and a pizza. Liked it very much.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceJoeMDined on 5/19/2014We enjoyed the food and service, both of which were excellent. A definite place to visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenolRavensfanDined on 5/11/2014The carpaccio was superb. The Bronzino was tener and flavorful. They offered a great prix fixe for Mother's Day, and our waiter was excellent. Top notch restaurant!Special Features:
- Non-casino fine diningArtimasDined on 5/10/2014A very nice non-casino restaurant with good ambience and food. Everything, especially the Bronzino was excellent. All members of our party enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- fabulousroseDined on 5/10/2014We went for a lovely dinner on Saturday night before mother's day. Our meal was delicious, served well, and the place is beautiful. We love going here for dinner.Special Features: