Girasole - Philadelphia
1410 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Girasole - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.girasolephilly.com/
- Phone: 2157322728
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Angela Iovino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: There's something special about entertaining in your home. Hosting guests at home - be the family, close friends, or business associates - can make for a memorable and especially convivial gathering. At Girasole, we ensure that home entertaining is an enjoyable and carefree event for hosts. We interpret your personal view and feel because It's your party and you should enjoy and savor it as much as your company. That's why we take special care when creating at-home events - they are often the most personal statement a host can make.
- Private Party Facilities: Girasole Restaurant & Bar offers private dining for any occasion. Business breakfast and meetings, luncheons, dinners, celebrations & wedding. We have 2 distinct private rooms, including our of-the-art Private Dining Suite that can accommodate up to 100 guests for casuals gathering & up to 60 for seat down dinners. We also offer cozier semi-private dining for more intimate groups. Menus, wine and other offerings can be customized to create a perfect event for your guests, whether it is for business or celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle 2157322728
A word from Girasole - Philadelphia
Boutique authentic Italian Mediterranean restaurant & bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Girasole - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (11)romantic (11)good for groups (5)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great locationMaryPVIPDined on 8/22/2014Centrally loacted near the Avenue of the Arts it's convenient for shows as you can easily walk amongst venues. The restaurant was rather loud and the service was slow. Some menu items were unavailable and the server did not alert us in advance they were out until we both ordered them. But the food we were able to order was tasty.
- Delicious!!TweakieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were very pleased with Girasole-the food was delicious and the service was excellent. Girasole is a cozy restaurant with a lovely bar. I highly recommend it!!Special Features:
- Good food | terrible serviceBigpartyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I'll start with the positive - food is pretty good. But that's where it ends. The wine list consists of 6 choices, either very low end oor very high. Nothing in the middle. The staff is quite unprofessional for an establishment with a somewhat high price point. I've gotten better service at a local bar or a Friday's. But what put me over the top was the tipping policy. After our large party (11) received the bill, I was fully expecting an 18% gratuity automatically added, as explicitly stated on the menu. However, I was taken aback when I saw a 20% tip added to the bill and, when asked why, one of waiters nonchalantly mentioning to us that we could add more, as if a $150 tip for the poor service was not enough. I can't come back here...
- JillDined on 8/20/2014The bronzino baked in salt was excellent on both occasions I dined there. Eggplant appetizer was excellent, the mixed seafood, mostly squid, appetizer was good. The chocolate mousse was excellent. Service was good not fantastic. The wine list is not extensive but it is also BYOB. Pleasant ambiance and well located close to Broad StSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014Good food, everyone enjoyed their meals from apps through entrees. Very quiet on a Sunday night. Great find will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Less than ImpressedPhillygalDined on 8/9/2014I have to admit it has been a number of years since I last ate at Girasole. Walking in i was impressed with the new interior design but that's where it ended. The menu was tiny and the portions were even smaller. The appetizers were fairly tasty and each of us ordered pasta as our entree. The portions were small at best for what was charged. The cavatelli was pretty good but gnocchi was the best item ordered. We ordered one dessert since we were celebrating a birthday and it was nothing special. I was saddened to see this restaurant empty on a Saturday night at 7:30. But I can also say it will be awhile again before I visit Girasole again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food but service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing. Our server forgot our drink order (we were his only table). The drink we got (a negroni) had way too much bitters in it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointCenterCityPeopleVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been regular diners since the restaurant opened. It has rarely if ever disappointed us. Great food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great findWillbebackDined on 7/28/2014We had a great meal. Both food and service were very good. It is so close to the music venues that the location is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Service is lackingnjfoodieDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent, from appetizers to salads to pasta dishes. Would definitely return but hope for better service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster from All POVsDillyDined on 7/25/2014We got there and the guy puts the menus on the table and asks us what we want, I ask to order drinks first. Then he comes back and asks what we want again, I say are there any specials - he opens his book and proceeds to read word for word the specials. The Carpacio was good but not served correctly, and the main consisted of about 1/8 pound of overcooked cavatelli. I have been to the AC location multiple times and have always had a great experience - I would never go back to the philly location ever again.Special Features:
- Slow servicemikeDined on 7/24/2014We were there an hour and 15 minutes on a Thursday night before we got our entrees!
- Pre-theater EatsmotherdaughterDined on 7/23/2014We arrived about 5 minutes late for a 6:30 reservation, and the dining room was far from full. Although I had written on our Open Table reservation that we had tickets to the orchestra at 8 pm, the staff apparently did not read the note because they did not bring our fresh pasta until 7:52 pm, after a long hiatus following the appetizers, which came fairly promptly. When we complained to the manager about the delay, she said that the fresh pasta was cooked to order, and, had she known that we were going to the theater, she would have recommended a 6:00 reservation, or a menu item that was not cooked to order. Excuse me? Fresh pasta? I think it usually takes 3 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italiankitty358VIPDined on 7/4/2014The food was excellent, the homemade pastas and sauces were great. The only negative thing I have to say is the Chocolate Mousse, it was not very good especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great pre-show dinnerHotAirVIPDined on 6/19/2014The tuna and beef carpaccio were fabulous. Our fish entrees were quite good as well. You can get in and out efficiently.Special Features:
- Do not waste your money here.LataDined on 6/18/2014We bought a $59 Travelzoo coupon for Girasole apparently for a value of $124. The portions and variety of food was simply below standard. After speaking with another couple, also patrons at the resto that night using the Travelzoo promotion, they said their portions were totally sized down from a previous dining experience. I called twice to speak to the owner but she has so far not called back. The servers were pleasant enough but no need to spend your money here - coupon or not!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014It was good until I found a piece of steel wool in my food. After that, I could not eat anything. I did bring it to the attention of our server and she offered to bring me another dish, but I declined. She did take the meal off of my bill. I would be afraid to go back, as I would be searching my food to see if anything was in it.
- JohnVIPDined on 6/4/2014Not worth the money. Do not filet a whole fish for you. Just drop the bread plates on the table. Did not split a salad as requested.
- girasolecn71Dined on 6/3/2014Very good food; excellent service.Delightfully quiet so we could talk with our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Okay ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014The ambiance of the restaurant is good. You walk in, and there is the bar, and then seating towards the rear of the restaurant. The restaurant itself is on the smaller side, but it creates a cozy atmosphere. It took a while for us to get water when we first sat, and then to get our drink order. I'm not sure if they were understaffed, but considering that it was not overwhelmingly busy for a Saturday night, fairly slow. The food on the other hand definitely made up for it. The Burrata Italiana and Tuna Carpaccio were outstanding. The Burrata Mozzarella was soft and flavorful. For dinner we had the Prime Sirloin, and the Tuna. The meat was cooked well, and the balsamic sauce was great. The tuna was served with a white bean puree. yumSpecial Features:
- pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2014very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good
- Service was great, timing way offLilbitDined on 5/17/2014Made a reservation for a bachelorette party. They could accommodate a party of 10 and had a menu that could satisfy everyone. Our waiter was superb but the food took so long to arrive (about 45 minutes to an hour) it cut into our dancing time. The food was delicious, but again the delay was a problem. Definitely stop by if you have time for a long leasurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduate dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2014We went to the restaurant on a Tuesday. We were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived at 6:30. The food was good, especially the eggplant appetizer. The service was lacking. The waitress had never smiled or asked if everything was okay. She never asked if we wanted another drink.
- Service was lackingMisty8745VIPDined on 5/12/2014I booked this restaurant to host a dinner for business colleagues, and I have to admit I was embarrassed due to the level of service. Drink refills were slow, one order came out wrong, and the server did not smile much. I think she was training, so maybe she just needed to be supervised more closely. The food itself was very good, as was the ambiance. We just got unlucky with our server.
- Good, but weirdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Used to be at a different, warmer location. Food is really very good and the service is friendly, if a little confused. Very cold, modern interior with sleek, spindly European chairs, which is fine if you're a sleek spindly European. If not, they're wobbly and your foot will fall asleep. It's a great kitchen but the rest needs work.
- BoringOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/9/2014The decor was dark and uninspiring. Girasole - sunflower nowhere to be seen. Colors black and white. Food ok. Service was inattentive.
- The following 469 reviews are from the Girasole - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- A Nice Night at the BarOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was excellent as always. I had the gnocchi and the tuna at the bar. Sunday night was a quiet time to interact with the friendly staff. Thanks TJ, for remembering the broccoli rabe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Kimmel diningpsd17Dined on 4/21/2014Bar is cozy. Food is good and service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before TravelOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/15/2014We live in the building above Girasole. When we travel overnight, our tradition is to have a meal at Girasole before catching a car to the airport. We arrive relaxed, can decline the meal on the plane, and arrive refreshed. Once again, Girasole did not disappoint.Special Features:
- feeling at homeMariaDined on 4/4/2014This was my 3rd visit - perfect setting for getting together w/good friends and being able to just talk without so much background noise. Will go back.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014This is a wonderful Italian restaurant with excellent pasta & other specialties as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Neighborhood Gem!AngelicaDined on 3/22/2014Anyone who wishes fresh pasta enhanced by different piquant sauces, meats and seafood will certainly enjoy dining at Girasole. The menu selection is great. We enjoyed the entrees as well. Small and comfy but sometimes quite an energetic noise level. A gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual the food was tremendous.CenterCityPeopleVIPDined on 3/14/2014As usual the food was tremendous. We can't wait until they put in the pizza oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little flavorbengendaDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant is a pleasant room, but on a cold night the opening and closing of the door makes dining a bit uncomfortable. Our pasta was lovely (supposedly hand made on premises) but the sauces were bland. The mark up on wine is 4 to 6 times retail and the wine list is very small. Service was a bit fractured. We had two different servers and they blamed each other when my husband's dessert was forgotten. I doubt we will return.
- Great pre-concert/theatre spotJerseydinerDined on 3/1/2014Nice menu, including daily featured items. Something for everyone. Food, service, cocktails/wine selections all very good. Kitchen shows care in plate presentation. Great place for early supper before a concert at the Kimmel Center. Will return and can easily recommend Girasole to others.Special Features:
- fresh and beautifully preparedCharlieDined on 3/1/2014We arrived early at 5pm and there was not a soul in the restaurant. The decor was lovely and the staff inviting. We were a large party and ordered right away. By 6pm all the tables were filled and many of the clients were already getting their entrees. One party had finished their entire meal before we received our entree. When the food came, it was delicious. It was luke warm, but so fresh that you almost didn't mind. ( I did a little!) I would strongly recommend Girasole, but maybe not for a large party.Special Features:
- Tucked away on pine streetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014Tucked away on pine street is Girasole. We are returning customers and this restaurant is consistent and never seems to disappoint. Whole fish selections de boned table side, house made pasta to leave you craving more. Our servers are friendly and always on point. A plus dining experience alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great-As UsualTeunisVIPDined on 2/20/2014We have dined at Girasole 8 or 9 times and always find the service and food outstanding. There location is perfect for a pre-show dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot. Great Food andriskystockDined on 2/14/2014Great Spot. Great Food and wine list. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and hidden gemJTW1025Dined on 2/14/2014The food was good, prices were moderate, the service was excellent and attentive. Whether you're a college student on a budget, taking your family out for a treat, or treating your love, this place is excellent. It didn't get 5 stars because the pasta and bread tasted a little cheap, but it was still tasty. Though others may disagree, I think the serving sizes were perfect as well. This isn't a place to go if you're looking to over-stuff yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.