Girasole - Philadelphia
1410 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Girasole - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.girasolephilly.com/
- Phone: 2157322728
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Angela Iovino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: There's something special about entertaining in your home. Hosting guests at home - be the family, close friends, or business associates - can make for a memorable and especially convivial gathering. At Girasole, we ensure that home entertaining is an enjoyable and carefree event for hosts. We interpret your personal view and feel because It's your party and you should enjoy and savor it as much as your company. That's why we take special care when creating at-home events - they are often the most personal statement a host can make.
- Private Party Facilities: Girasole Restaurant & Bar offers private dining for any occasion. Business breakfast and meetings, luncheons, dinners, celebrations & wedding. We have 2 distinct private rooms, including our of-the-art Private Dining Suite that can accommodate up to 100 guests for casuals gathering & up to 60 for seat down dinners. We also offer cozier semi-private dining for more intimate groups. Menus, wine and other offerings can be customized to create a perfect event for your guests, whether it is for business or celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle 2157322728
A word from Girasole - Philadelphia
Boutique authentic Italian Mediterranean restaurant & bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Girasole - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (23)romantic (20)special occasion (18)good for groups (10)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great spotCitaDined on 9/18/2014cute, small, hidden spot with excellent food n service. Definitely needs to be checked out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!HahnsoloDined on 9/17/2014We love Girasole! Service is great and food is wonderful! It has become our "go to" place!Special Features:
- lovelyHoneySuzyDined on 9/17/2014Lovely restaurant; good food; friendly staff; food came out in good time; tasted really good! Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly executedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Fine dining at it's best. Soft pillowy gnocchi with a four cheese sauce was fabulous. Baby lamb chop cooked to perfection. Started off with waitress' recommendation of a warm carpaccio I've never had before that was delicious. Great service and a generous pour of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great; service;not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014I really enjoyed the food. I had salmon, and my fiance had sausage. We dined there last weekend, unaware that they participate in Philly Restaurant week. There were only 3 parties in there, including my fiance and me, and service was sooooo slow. We barely got acknowledge, and I thought service would be speedy and our server would be gregarious, but no.Special Features:
- Terrible service!jwjwVIPDined on 9/12/2014My friend and I ate at Girasole last week during Restaurant Week. What a disappointment. While the food was okay (but not great), the service was truly awful. We pretty much had to beg for our appetizers after waiting almost 50 minutes. With so many other great restaurant choices in Philadelphia, we definitely will not be going back to Girasole.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014"Food, service .. Amazing! A foodies' dream .. the creativity behind each course is wonderful.. Truly an experience!" Don't miss the salt baked Bronzino and the homemade pasta's they are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDcvisitorsaVIPDined on 9/11/2014When we went it was restaurant week and the restaurant was very busy. But the waitstaff made us feel like we were very important and made sure all our needs were met. The appetizers were delicious. The entrees were very good, but the appetizers were better. The outdoor seating was a big plus! The wine I got was really good. The Girasole martini was also very good!Special Features:
- Look closely on pine streetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014We almost missed this restaurant. It is a little difficult to see. I'm glad we had the patience to call and talk to the host over the phone as she guided us as to were to go! I'm glad we went. Food was outstanding really, served piping hot, although it was restaurant week and we did not know our waitress offered us a regular menu as well even if some menu items were not available due to restaurant week, it was still incredible. Service was perfect and the ambiance was quite romantic but interesting. Belvue recommended us and we went back to the hotel and complimented the concierge for his great recommendation!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real deal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Very Italian, food was delicious Waitress was charming,We had the honors of having the owners daughter serve us. We knew she had to have been family just by the way she took charge of us and every other diner. She was simply fabulous. Her recommendations were on point and she was there to satisfy with a smile. Special suprise!!!she had her mother who is the chef come out to greet us and the end of our meal with a plate of homemade cookies!!!! Very classy, very good! See you soon girosole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunkyDined on 9/8/2014The food was well prepared and delicious. The servers were warm and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Best Italian restaurant in philadelphia!!! Cavatelli pasta was superb, our waitress was exceptionally talented she de-boned our branzino and not one bone. The fish was presented beautifully and was simple and tasty. Very pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014We've been meaning to try Girasole for quite some time now, we are very pleased we did. Our waitress Michelle was very confident and guided us through the menu explaining a few different items I had never seen in an Italian menu. She made me and my husbands night memorable. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisekandcVIPDined on 9/3/2014Went based on a promotion - walked in and was not having high hopes. But then it turned around. Was greeted and from start to finish was provided attentive service. The family owned feel was apparent. And the meal was exceptional from the homemade pasta and Burrata Italiana to the two special dinners of rack of lamb and veal to the exceptional ricotta cheese cake (worth going back for). Although the ambiance is a bit tired the experience was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angela Iovino the best Italian ChefBuonaCenaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Angela Iovino is the best Italian Chef in the city of Philadelphia. And unlike the gentleman currently crowned so by our city’s rather pedantic food critic, Mrs. Iovino is always in the kitchen and employs the dual paradigm of Italian cuisine: simplicity and freshness. The carpaccios are membrane thin and ultra fresh, tomato sauces are made with fresh tomatoes, pastas- many made on site- are perfectly cooked, and secondi start with the highest quality cuts of meat or the freshest fish, each prepared with exquisite skill and in generous servings. And there is no finer ricotta cheesecake to be found in the city.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/27/2014We were using a Living Social Voucher. Everything on the menu was available. Service was excellent. Some entrees were sold out but there were numerous options. We would return. Also, we visited the Ashton Cigar Bar on 15th & Walnut. Don't miss it. It was a fantastic way to end a great evening.Special Features:
- Great locationMaryPVIPDined on 8/22/2014Centrally loacted near the Avenue of the Arts it's convenient for shows as you can easily walk amongst venues. The restaurant was rather loud and the service was slow. Some menu items were unavailable and the server did not alert us in advance they were out until we both ordered them. But the food we were able to order was tasty.
- Delicious!!TweakieVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were very pleased with Girasole-the food was delicious and the service was excellent. Girasole is a cozy restaurant with a lovely bar. I highly recommend it!!Special Features:
- Good food | terrible serviceBigpartyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I'll start with the positive - food is pretty good. But that's where it ends. The wine list consists of 6 choices, either very low end oor very high. Nothing in the middle. The staff is quite unprofessional for an establishment with a somewhat high price point. I've gotten better service at a local bar or a Friday's. But what put me over the top was the tipping policy. After our large party (11) received the bill, I was fully expecting an 18% gratuity automatically added, as explicitly stated on the menu. However, I was taken aback when I saw a 20% tip added to the bill and, when asked why, one of waiters nonchalantly mentioning to us that we could add more, as if a $150 tip for the poor service was not enough. I can't come back here...
- JillDined on 8/20/2014The bronzino baked in salt was excellent on both occasions I dined there. Eggplant appetizer was excellent, the mixed seafood, mostly squid, appetizer was good. The chocolate mousse was excellent. Service was good not fantastic. The wine list is not extensive but it is also BYOB. Pleasant ambiance and well located close to Broad StSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014Good food, everyone enjoyed their meals from apps through entrees. Very quiet on a Sunday night. Great find will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Less than ImpressedPhillygalDined on 8/9/2014I have to admit it has been a number of years since I last ate at Girasole. Walking in i was impressed with the new interior design but that's where it ended. The menu was tiny and the portions were even smaller. The appetizers were fairly tasty and each of us ordered pasta as our entree. The portions were small at best for what was charged. The cavatelli was pretty good but gnocchi was the best item ordered. We ordered one dessert since we were celebrating a birthday and it was nothing special. I was saddened to see this restaurant empty on a Saturday night at 7:30. But I can also say it will be awhile again before I visit Girasole again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food but service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing. Our server forgot our drink order (we were his only table). The drink we got (a negroni) had way too much bitters in it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointCenterCityPeopleVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been regular diners since the restaurant opened. It has rarely if ever disappointed us. Great food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great findWillbebackDined on 7/28/2014We had a great meal. Both food and service were very good. It is so close to the music venues that the location is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Service is lackingnjfoodieDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent, from appetizers to salads to pasta dishes. Would definitely return but hope for better service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster from All POVsDillyDined on 7/25/2014We got there and the guy puts the menus on the table and asks us what we want, I ask to order drinks first. Then he comes back and asks what we want again, I say are there any specials - he opens his book and proceeds to read word for word the specials. The Carpacio was good but not served correctly, and the main consisted of about 1/8 pound of overcooked cavatelli. I have been to the AC location multiple times and have always had a great experience - I would never go back to the philly location ever again.Special Features:
- Slow servicemikeDined on 7/24/2014We were there an hour and 15 minutes on a Thursday night before we got our entrees!
- Pre-theater EatsmotherdaughterDined on 7/23/2014We arrived about 5 minutes late for a 6:30 reservation, and the dining room was far from full. Although I had written on our Open Table reservation that we had tickets to the orchestra at 8 pm, the staff apparently did not read the note because they did not bring our fresh pasta until 7:52 pm, after a long hiatus following the appetizers, which came fairly promptly. When we complained to the manager about the delay, she said that the fresh pasta was cooked to order, and, had she known that we were going to the theater, she would have recommended a 6:00 reservation, or a menu item that was not cooked to order. Excuse me? Fresh pasta? I think it usually takes 3 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italiankitty358VIPDined on 7/4/2014The food was excellent, the homemade pastas and sauces were great. The only negative thing I have to say is the Chocolate Mousse, it was not very good especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great pre-show dinnerHotAirVIPDined on 6/19/2014The tuna and beef carpaccio were fabulous. Our fish entrees were quite good as well. You can get in and out efficiently.Special Features:
- Do not waste your money here.LataDined on 6/18/2014We bought a $59 Travelzoo coupon for Girasole apparently for a value of $124. The portions and variety of food was simply below standard. After speaking with another couple, also patrons at the resto that night using the Travelzoo promotion, they said their portions were totally sized down from a previous dining experience. I called twice to speak to the owner but she has so far not called back. The servers were pleasant enough but no need to spend your money here - coupon or not!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014It was good until I found a piece of steel wool in my food. After that, I could not eat anything. I did bring it to the attention of our server and she offered to bring me another dish, but I declined. She did take the meal off of my bill. I would be afraid to go back, as I would be searching my food to see if anything was in it.
- JohnVIPDined on 6/4/2014Not worth the money. Do not filet a whole fish for you. Just drop the bread plates on the table. Did not split a salad as requested.
- girasolecn71VIPDined on 6/3/2014Very good food; excellent service.Delightfully quiet so we could talk with our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Okay ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014The ambiance of the restaurant is good. You walk in, and there is the bar, and then seating towards the rear of the restaurant. The restaurant itself is on the smaller side, but it creates a cozy atmosphere. It took a while for us to get water when we first sat, and then to get our drink order. I'm not sure if they were understaffed, but considering that it was not overwhelmingly busy for a Saturday night, fairly slow. The food on the other hand definitely made up for it. The Burrata Italiana and Tuna Carpaccio were outstanding. The Burrata Mozzarella was soft and flavorful. For dinner we had the Prime Sirloin, and the Tuna. The meat was cooked well, and the balsamic sauce was great. The tuna was served with a white bean puree. yumSpecial Features:
- The following 476 reviews are from the Girasole - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2014very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good
- Service was great, timing way offLilbitDined on 5/17/2014Made a reservation for a bachelorette party. They could accommodate a party of 10 and had a menu that could satisfy everyone. Our waiter was superb but the food took so long to arrive (about 45 minutes to an hour) it cut into our dancing time. The food was delicious, but again the delay was a problem. Definitely stop by if you have time for a long leasurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduate dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2014We went to the restaurant on a Tuesday. We were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived at 6:30. The food was good, especially the eggplant appetizer. The service was lacking. The waitress had never smiled or asked if everything was okay. She never asked if we wanted another drink.
- Service was lackingMisty8745VIPDined on 5/12/2014I booked this restaurant to host a dinner for business colleagues, and I have to admit I was embarrassed due to the level of service. Drink refills were slow, one order came out wrong, and the server did not smile much. I think she was training, so maybe she just needed to be supervised more closely. The food itself was very good, as was the ambiance. We just got unlucky with our server.