3180 Santa Rita Road
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.girasolegrill.com/
- Phone: 9254841001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pampered Palate has been catering in the East Bay for 15 years and cater approximately 200 events a year at a variety of locations and in private homes in the greater East Bay. Our prices are competitive and include on site event coordination, linen, china, silverware, food service glassware, and wedding cake service – items for which most caterers charge $5.00 to $15.00 per person extra. Not Us! We have no ‘hidden costs’. We offer……… Decorated Buffets, with hors d’oeuvres & carving stations Sit Down Meal Service 'Strictly' hors d'oeuvres, both buffet & server passed Beverage Packages
- Private Party Facilities: Girasole Grill offers guests to rent the entire restaurant. Our restaurant can accommodate up to 150 guests throughout the restaurant. Guests are able to choose a set sit-down menu or a buffet style meal with full bar service available.
- Private Party Contact: James Hinsley 9254841001
A word from Girasole Grill
Girasole Grill is an award winning Italian restaurant with a California attitude featuring signature cuisine such as our famous Scoozzi!, Absolut! Prawns, Chicken Gorgi, Spinach for Veronica, Tuscan Pork…just to name a few. We are a locally owned family business that has been serving Pleasanton for over 15 years. Our Tuscan style villa setting has a separate bar and banquet room. We are upscale, but California casual with friendly prices and generous portions. Please join us for an intimate dinner for two or the private banquet you always wanted.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Girasole Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent service, food okLandDVIPDined on 9/5/2013Service was excellent and very personal. My wife had the clam pasta which tasted good but had a lot of sand in it. The rest of my party enjoyed the pork.Special Features:
- Neat Favorite PlaceDave2AdaDined on 8/24/2013We have been here many times, and have never been disappointed. Good food and outstanding service. We always feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GOOD!KKPulliamVIPDined on 8/3/2013This is truly a hidden gem! Located inside a strip mall / quiet neighborhood. You can tell the restaurant's been there for quite sometime. But don't let them fool you. Good and service is GREAT!!!! Portion size is large to huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Birthday CelebrationGFGoddessDined on 7/27/2013Girasole does not disappoint! Food was great and my 15 guests were well accommodated in the private room. Really made our evening special! Excellent gluten free choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girasole is a GemTerryVIPDined on 7/20/2013The "scoozi" is fantastic. I could just eat that for dinner. The chicken gorgi is my favorite. The sauce is excellent.Special Features:
- the short ribs were very salty.....OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/7/2013the short ribs were very salty.....but other than that, a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2013We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted to stay close to home - so we chose Girasole. The service was wonderful - our server, a young woman, was very attentive. The restaurant was a bit over warm and we noticed that the side door was wide open. It was 100 degrees outside!! When we asked about it they did eventually close the door. We each ordered prime rib and it was a bit "over" fatty. I know it's not a lean cut of meat but about 50% of my serving was just fat. Not that appealing :( As always the scoozi was amazing.Special Features:
- Great first experienceSFFoodie32VIPDined on 5/12/2013Was in Pleasanton for a wedding and needed a brunch spot the next day, which happenned to be Mothers Day. I had no idea where it was or if it was going to be a scene, and if the food would be mediocre. I was so happy with how it all turned out; turns out they only do a prix fix mothers day brunch once a year/buffet but the food was outstanding. You acn tell there was a lot of effort put into the quality of the food, and plenty of it. It was very high end and I was beyond happy with the experience. The serive was excellent; the wiat staff was attentive and friendly. I would go back again, even if there wasn't a prix fixe brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2013We tried this Girasole on recommendation fom a friend. We were very disappointed hen, for two entrees, an appetizer of bread, and a child's meal, our bio came to almost $70...BEFORE tip! He got stuffed chicken something and I got a bowl of pasta with veggies! The price for the food you get is ridiculous. Franky, Johnny, and Luigi, too! Is a much better deal, and the food is better as well.
- Everything was wrong but the food.BarryVIPDined on 4/13/2013To start with the hostesses did not give me credit for Open Table. Next it took 45 minutes between salad and main course. Next the rice served with the meal was not as described on the menu. Otherwise the food was above average.
- Great Food, Great ServiceLataiDined on 4/13/2013We love coming to this restaurant that's tucked away in a parking lot far from other restaurants in the area. The food and service is always excellent....who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- ImpressiveBigCDined on 3/23/2013This was not our first time here, and we were pleased again. Our 6 month old was welcomed. Also my picky parents even liked it. This is a top notch, high quality restaurant that also does a lot of catering. You can't go wrong with the filet mignon, or prime rib or panko crusted chicken stuffed with cheese. I only wish my wife and I had hung out here more when we were first dating. I give this place 5 stars.Special Features:
- JUST FAIR NOTHING ABOVE THATOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2013I HAVE BEEN THERE QUITE A FEW TIMES. SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW. FOOD WAS JUST FAIR THIS TIME. I MADE OPEN TABLE RESERVATION MY TABLE WAS GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE. THEY HAD TO MADE A TABLE READY FOR ME WHEN I GOT THERE. THAY DID COMP MY APPETIZER,WHICH WAS NICE. BUT THAT DIDN'T CUT IT FOR ME. IF MY TIP WAS NOT ON THE BILL IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ABOUT 5%.
- Pablo was our server and heOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/13/2013Pablo was our server and he was great, very attentive, but not to much. We were celebrating an 84 and 87 year Birthday and had a great meal and time to visit. I would recommend this RestaurantSpecial Features:
- Time to refresh the menu selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/6/2013Girasole is a nice, local neighborhood Italian restaurant. I would recommend that they add some new items to their existing menu. It appears to be the same entrees being offered for a long while. Some fresh fresh selections would be great!Special Features:
- We hadn't been to GirasoleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013We hadn't been to Girasole for some time and was very impressed with how good everything was! We had a excellent server, Nicole, who was very accomodating. I asked her about wines and she brought over a very ample "taste" before I made my selection. My husband and I loved the calamari, breaded and fried very lightly, excellent. We shared a beet salad, and when Nicole saw how much I was enjoying the beets, brought more to put on my salad! My husband had his favorite, ABSOLUTE PRAWNS and I had the PESCATORE which was good. The portions were large and foot served HOT! We were definitely go back!Special Features:
- Our group reservation wasjfgoldwingDined on 2/26/2013Our group reservation was for 14, then 18 but we ended up having 24, Pablo and staff did a wonderful job of taking care of everyone in our group. I did not hear about anyone getting the incorrect dinner. EVERYONE HAD A GREAT evening. Many learned about SCOOZI bread too and will be back for more, only on a smaller scale.Special Features:
- An enjoyable dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2013Staff was friendly and accommodating; we felt at home. Food is superb, but choices are limited. Everything on the menu is great: Rustic Pork, Short Ribs, Vodka Shrimp, Clams, etc! Scoozies are great starters. The Chicken in the Hay on the kid's menu is a generous serving of chicken breast fillet on french fries.Special Features:
- Nice food at reasonable pricesGregVIPDined on 1/30/2013Nice food at reasonable prices and with freindly service. Restaurant is starting to show its age and could use a little TLC.Special Features:
- If you love Italian food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/30/2013If you love Italian food, this is the ONLY Place to go!!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant,BigCDined on 1/19/2013Great neighborhood restaurant, good Italian food. We brought our 3 month old baby and felt comfortable having him there with us, and felt welcomed by the staff to bring our baby to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great place. Haven't beenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/18/2013Great place. Haven't been here for a number of years, and I really don't know why. Large portions, great flavors and great ambiance. Had a nice table. Bread was served warm, but doughy. Great place would go again.
- It's quite on a Sunday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2013It's quite on a Sunday night with two servers, everything was slow, from cocktails to taking orders and the time that the food came to the table, then paying the bill. Although we order 1 to go order at the very beginning, by the time we finished our entire dinner, we had to wait about 10 minutes for the to go order to go. Don't think we want to be backSpecial Features:
- Great Again at GirasoleJimboDined on 1/13/2013The Veal Shank Osso Bucco was great. We frequent this restaurant. They accept the Passport Dining card too. The 2009 Katherine's (Cambria) Chardonnay on the wine list was actually a 2007 when brought to the table. I questioned the server about the viability of this old a Chardonnay, and she offered for me to try it, and if it was unacceptable, she would bring another vintage. Well, it was a terrific bottle. And at only $28 on the wine list, it is the best batgain I've found in a long time.Special Features:
- Our waitress was one of theCargirlDined on 12/31/2012Our waitress was one of the best I have ever had at a restaurant. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our visitstmssquaredDined on 12/24/2012We always enjoy our visits to Girasole. They never fail to deliver a great meal in a great surrounding with excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Okay our service was bad thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2012Okay our service was bad that day but the manager did apologize and comped us a meal and offered us dessert, because of her response I may go back.
- The food and service is alwaystmssquaredDined on 11/30/2012The food and service is always great and consistent at Girasole Grill. It is a favorite of oursSpecial Features:
- Must Try! Neighborhood Gem!LataiDined on 11/16/2012The taste of rich cheeses and house-made pasta...yum yum yum. Can't leave without trying the Scoozi bread and FYI on Fridays and Saturdays they serve Prime Rib which is a huge cut for a small price. For lunch - their cobb salad is to die for!! I crave that salad.Special Features:
- Made a reservation for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Made a reservation for a family reunion of 14 and asked for the banquet room. Reservation was confirmed but was NOT told we couldn't have separate room (in use by another group). We were seated in the main dining room which made us feel out of place (probably not comfortable for regular dining guests). The service was a little slow and some got their food a bit after main group. It seemed they may have been short on chefs. BUT the server (Christine) was very attentive and did a good job keeping us happy despite delays and OUR changing a couple of orders. The food was very tasty, attractively presented and portions were generous(even had some left to take home). Combination of flavors/seasonings was excellent and food high quality.
- We hadn't been in quite aDublinVIPDined on 10/25/2012We hadn't been in quite a while. The food was good, but not as good as we remember. The signature dish with chicken, gorgonzola and grapes was served luke warm to two of four of us. I think there was a timing problem in the kitchen, even though the restaurant did not seem that busy. We may go back if we have an incentive, but not for full price.
- Had reservation, seated promptly.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2012Had reservation, seated promptly. Took quiet a while to receive drinks. Ordered appetizer, but it never came. Approximatley 50 minutes between order and meal, no one checked on refills for drinks during that time. Saltimboca was small portion, overcooked. Fettucine with chicken and beef stroganoff were good.
- Honey BadgerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012I had friends from all over the country. Loved the Scoozie bread. Everyone marveled at how delicious the dishes were. Choosing Gira Sole makes impressing your friends a no-brainer. See you soon!Special Features:
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012This was our second time at this place. We were very pleased with the first visit. This time around, in spite of the reservation, we had to wait for a while to be seated. Service was sub par. Food was great.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2012The Sozzi's were very good. The main courses were skimpy; good taste, but the quantity was very small. The price was very high for what we received. We had a coupon for $25 off, but it didn't even cover the 18% gratuity that was automatically added. There are plenty of other Italian Restaurants in the area that are better at less cost. We had cocktails that were above normal prices. The best part was the French waitress which made us feel at home.
- Excellent experience all around!XtraSauceeVIPDined on 8/18/2012Fantastic!! The ambience m, service and food were all amazing! Came here for our first time to use up a gift card and will DEFINITELY be back! The salmon, pasta and beef Wellington were delectable! And since we heard that the SCOOZI was a signature dish we had to try! Be sure the like garlic, theres a lot of it freshly cut up inside, quiet the tasty treat! On goood the excellent food was our service. Our waitress was pleasant and very efficient which made it all the more enjoyable. Look forward to another dining experience here!Special Features:
- WE have dined at GirasoleUnimpressedDined on 8/4/2012WE have dined at Girasole Grill several times in the past - but never as poor an experience as on last Saturday night. The restaurant was not particularly busy but the wait for our food was very long. The salad tasted as though it had been made the day before and was wilted under the weight of so much dressing. The Scoosi bread (their featured bread) was overly salted - almsot unedible. The main courses both tasted as though they were warmed up from a previous time of preparation. Our waiter was very friendly and apologetic about our meal. It will be a very long time, if ever, that we return to Girasole.
- 1st time there, but definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/20121st time there, but definitely not our last. My wife is already planning our next visit.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2012Food was delicious and very inexpensive. I would definately return.
- Girasole Grill DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2012We were quite disappointed with this restaurant, having read some good reviews. Service was excellent. The room is clean, comfortable and pleasant. Bread basket had rolls instead, hot, yes, but certainly not Italian. "Scoozi" bread for an appetizer was promoted as a house specialty, but was very odd -- the oozing gorgonzola filling was sharp and unpleasant. Chicken pasta with Gorgonzola and walnuts was made with good, fresh pasta, but the chicken was gritty, bland and pretty much inedible. Short ribs, ubiquitous on Bay Area menus, were on the tough side - not tender like they're supposed to be - sauce was gluey and reminded me of gravy from a package. The winner was the prawn pasta. Wines by the glass were subpar and over-priced.