11334 Moorpark St.
Studio City, CA 91602Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.girasolrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (818) 924-2323
- Hours of Operation:
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday-Wednesday - 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Thursday-Saturday - 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: CJ Jacobson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities:
- A stellar culinary experience for your guests
- Custom menus by Top Chef CJ Jacobson
- Perfect for business luncheons & holiday parties
- Main dining room seats up to 40
- Patio seats up to 26
- Entire restaurant seats up to 100
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 8189242323x
A word from Girasol
At Girasol, the backbone of our refined-rustic cuisine is defined by the changing seasons, our relationship with local farmers, and Executive Chef CJ Jacobson’s interpretation of California cuisine. Girasol is focused on supporting local farmers and purveyors by using sustainable products to bring our guests a dining experience that is both approachable and unique. The design, inspired by our namesake, the sunflower, evokes a warm and inviting environment suitable for any occasion. We welcome you to experience our cuisine and hospitality in a neighborhood-friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Girasol - Best Restaurants in Studio City ›
Girasol reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (188)neighborhood gem (149)special occasion (113)hot spot (63)romantic (55)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (39)notable wine list (34)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (12)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Outstanding!Liv2eatDined on 11/18/2014We truly enjoyed our dinner at agora sol. The food was innovative and delicious. rather pricy for small portions, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FlavorsPamLovesFoodDined on 11/15/2014Amazing flavors, fresh ingredients, unique sauces & cocktails make this a great food experience...good for more adventurous people. The service was incredible. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A second time was as good as the first timeRussieJDined on 11/12/2014Great food. I had the fried fish which was excellent. My friend had the salmon special which he pronounced as "the best salmon I ever had" (he is 83 and has dined out all of his life). My wife had the apple onion soup which she loved. Our party of six all shared appetizers which were all wonderful. The meatballs and the pears and buratta were my favorites but it is also had not to mention the shrimp with watermelon. The only problem I have with Girasol is the tables which have a rather wide base and as I am long legged they do not allow me to stretch my legs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriVIPDined on 11/9/2014Girasol was a wonderful spot to have a birthday bruch. delicious food, special details great server. Drinks were specatular and so different. Everyone had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food and servicedrea1134Dined on 11/8/2014Amazing food and service. Love the atmosphere. Meatballs are a must have. Very knowledgeable staff. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisebeachloverDined on 11/8/2014We stopped while visiting a relative. What a treat to find a restaurant we will tell others about. We ordered 3 small plates to share and all were unique combinations of flavors eg shrimp with melon. In the wine list we found something which complemented the dinner. Excellent choice and well worth driving some distance to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and small platesRarenightoutDined on 11/7/2014We sampled several of the small plates and sides for our dinner. The meatballs, pears and buratta with crispy lentils, smashed potato, and pork satay were all delicious. The grilled shrimp with melon, peppers and grapes was also very good. The sautéed greens are prepared with crunchy hazelnuts and a vinegar base, which we really enjoyed, but may deliver a surprising bite if you're used to just butter and spinach. The cocktail was a little underwhelming, but we were focused on food anyway. Service was excellent from the whole team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange menueShellyVIPDined on 11/5/2014Food selection was very limited and small quantity. PricySpecial Features:
- Totally yummy!LetsEatGoodFoodDined on 11/5/2014We went to Girasol for a special evening with friends. The decor and ambiance are both wonderful (loved the ceiling) The service was exceptional as was, of course, much of the food. The "smashed potatoes" were amazing as was the flash fried kale that came with my entree. I could have gone away happy with just those two dishes, plus the amazing dessert!! One of my dining partners raved about the lamb stew which was a special. The chocolate brownie dessert with sea salt caramel gelato was seriously fabulous. I would certainly go again, although personally I could only afford to do so on rare, special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Everyone in my party loved the food. CJ's menu is "top chef"!!!! As a guest from out of town, it is an LA experience I will remember.Special Features:
- Loved it!geminiroseyDined on 10/30/2014This was a perfect treat for my husband's birthday. Delicious food that was at once familiar and yet distinctive. Our waiter was fantastic and comped us two desserts when I told it him it was a birthday dinner. The sea bass was perfectly prepared, and the fried doughnut balls and cream dessert was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind in the valley.SuiGenerisDined on 10/28/2014It is refreshing to have a prize like this in such a convenient place. The food is superb. The ambiance ranks with the city's finest restaurants. The wait staff has won prizes and they deserve it. They are knowledgeable and if there are questions they know the chef will respond to the table for comment. The restaurant is also ready to please. An accommodation for a food allergy in my group was met with a smile and will do. The chef, CJ Jacobson stands a head above others in the valley.Special Features:
- DeliciousluvfoodDined on 10/28/2014Girasol was excellent. We had great service which added to a great eating experience. The food was well prepared, nice presentation and yummy. The restaurant can get loud so try to get a table near the back of dining room and it's much easier to converse. The restaurant is an easy on/off freeway access, which always helps in LA! The octopus salad was amazing, very tender, pork loin was moist and the duck was crispy. Smashed potatoes and the greens were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirasolDPdinerDined on 10/26/2014We went based on having seen the chef/owner in action on Top Chef Duels. The food was a success- the Burrata cheese and the Hamachi appetizers were both delicious. The menu changes seasonally. Our server was polite and timely but not personable, which goes a long way in the overall dining experience. I felt fortunate to enquire in the chef/owner was there and fhe took the time to come over to our table and introduce himself and signed a menu.Special Features:
- The best dinner yet!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/24/2014This was the best dinner we've had a Girasol, and we've been there several times and all were delicious. This time we shared the octopus salad, steamed mussels, meatballs, burrata and pear salad and the bread. Oh, the bread and butter. I could make a meal of that alone. I just wish they'd get some comfortable chairs!!!Special Features:
- Fell FlatFoodWenchDined on 10/24/2014The shared dishes were excellent. The wait staff good... until a few guests arrive and then NO SERVICE! Our wine arrived AFTER we were finished with our entrees! My cocktail was taken away half-consumed....The whole snapper entree was dry so we sent that back. What appeared to be a wonderful place imploded the minute a few tables were in the restaurant. I won't be going back unfortunately any time soon. Additional staff I think would help this place immensely.
- WonderfulFoodSnob13Dined on 10/21/2014This was r4ecommended by a business associate. This was a business dinner with a new client and it didn't disappoint. Shared dishes were delicious. Best pork loin I've ever tasted. The crispy seaweed with the black cod was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girasol was terrificjillsmwDined on 10/20/2014Girasol was both beautiful and delicious. Girasol means sunflower and the ceiling of the restaurant is a giant sunflower with petals extending down the walls to beautiful effect. We had a variety of small plates, all beautifully presented and many with edible flowers. The meatball dish was fantastic, and we also really enjoyed the shrimp with melon and shiso leaves which had a bit of a kick. My friend had the chicken entree which she liked but I thought was pretty ordinary, and my other friend had the mushroom and cauliflower entree which was quite delicious. We ended with the toffee date cake which I loved but others thought was too sweet. The waiter was very handsome and that helped too!Special Features:
- love a good mealibcookinDined on 10/20/2014Very nice ambience. Good service. I found the food under seasoned. The food is presented very well. I was curious to see lentils in three of the dishes. The favorite of the table was the pork and octopus. The grilled shrimp and melon was quite good. Im not one for salt on desserts. The toffee pudding was good. My coffee was returned twice because it wasn't hot. The third time it was very hot. I found it interesting that the waiter presented the check before we asked for it. Its not like they had people waiting at the door. I do prefer the European approach regarding this. They bring the check only when you ask for it.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealtheonewithabowVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our second time to Girasol. The food is unbelievable. CJ is an incredibly talented chef who deserves all the praise he received on Top Chef Duels!Special Features:
- Good Food/Bad everything elseThorTyr24Dined on 10/17/2014Our first time at Girasol was in September and it was just great. Our October visit was very different. Chef CJ's food is delicious and complex. Between the 4 of us we ordered many dishes and really could not remember what we ordered by the time they got to our table. Our server, Eric, never bothered explaining what our dishes were or anything about them. He was busy and we saw very little of him. The food is so good and unique but we ARE NOT dining at Denny's here. You can't just slap a dish down and walk away! We sat on the patio and the chairs were HORRIBLY uncomfortable. Spoke to the manager and got some lip service. After our second time here, I am not sure we will go back. Too expensive for the Denny's service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stilesVIPDined on 10/17/2014The appetizers are big enuf to share and excellent. The Octopus salad was very tasty and very very soft and not chewy at all. The main dishes were excellent, esp'ly the duck confit. The donut dessert was good but not as good as the other dishes. The ice cream was icy. Over all very enjoyable and we will go back.Special Features:
- Best meal ever MommyKinevisDined on 10/17/2014My 12-year-old son is a bit of a foodie. But we don't often eat in high-end restaurants. I chose the restaurant carefully for our mother-son time. He took his first bite of the Hamachi appetizer and said "I suspect this is going to be the best meal I've had so far in my life." After his last bite of dessert, he confirmed that indeed, it was. The food was subtle, flavorful and every bite felt like comfort food. We could taste the love and care in the food. The wait staff also cared, and had easy-going energy with attentiveness. Not too filling and all excellent. I highly recommend Girasol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, very quiet and romanticGmlacalDined on 10/16/2014nice place, decor is great.very quiet and great for a romantic diner. Food is creative but some dishes are a bit disappointing - just too basicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Birthday Dinnerfood2die4Dined on 10/16/2014My sister and I had a wonderful birthday dinner. The service was outstanding! Every special request was immediately fulfilled without judgement and was repeated without a reminder on subsequent servings of wine and/or food. The food was beyond fabulous. From the riot of flavors bursting in our mouths starting with the spicy shrimp and melon appetizer to the dessert of plums and goat cheese panna cotta - every dish was perfection. It was a noisy for table conversation but the wait staff and food made it all worth while. Small and compact, this restaurant packs a punch.Special Features:
- Know This Before You Dine There!Luv2DineVIPDined on 10/15/2014The bread is $8 extra. Waiting for an appetizer, we ordered "bread twice! We found out when bill came Paid extra for birthday dessert, BUT, within 5 minutes, the manager came to our table and said to the birthday guest. Why did I bother. Valet parking was $5.50 each car. Noise is terrible. Feel Warned!!!Special Features:
- What a find!lIovegudfoodDined on 10/14/2014Tool my wife there for her birthday as we had heard the food was creative and excellent and we were blown away by how delicious everything we ordered was...the bread is out of this world and I doubt there is a thing on the menu that is not first class. My parents always love to go eat in great Los Angeles restaurants when they come to visit and GIRASOL will be at the top of the list next time they come!Special Features:
- Two words: Bottomless MimosasJupsVIPDined on 10/12/2014Wanted Sunday brunch at a local spot, and Girasol hit it. Between the Lobster Benedict--and yes, it was as yummy as it sounds--and the Bottomless Mimosas, our 2-1/2 hour, in rushed celebration of Sunday was pure bliss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAlleyCatDined on 10/11/2014Studio City has a wide array of great restaurant options, but for a high end dining experience, the choices are much more limited. Girasol is one of the great options in this limited category. Beautiful design, both of the menu options and the restaurant itself. Smashed potatoes are a favorite of the staff, and now me.Special Features:
- Overpriced and OvercookedJulieAChefDined on 10/11/2014We sat for a good 15 minutes before being offered water, let alone a drink. The octopus salad was tasty but the presentation was unremarkable; the plate of greens with just a few small pieces of octopus was not $18-for-an-appetizer good. The fish (the fried whole one) made for a lovely presentation but was overcooked and dry. Again, not worth the price tag (this time $36). My companion's pork loin was also overcooked and it did not physically resemble pork loin. Portions are not particularly generous. They get points for offering reasonably health conscious selections including gluten-free entrees, though if you don't ask you would never know. The desserts were unremarkable. All in all, an expensive disappointment.
- Loved it!!!decoratorgirlDined on 10/6/2014Girasol has become my new favorite. I went this time for my birthday. The bartender is great. Terrific wait staff too. The food is amazing. I has the gnocchi with sage and shrimp (delicate, savory, delicious) and the beet appetizer. Really good specialty drinks. Beautiful interior design. It's a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! Yum!TammyADined on 10/4/2014Such a wonderful place to go with friends! Food was excellent and the presentation was beautiful. Our waitress was always on top of our needs. It was a bit loud though and somewhat overpriced. I would definitely eat there again. Can't wait to do brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, nothing special.tytandyDined on 10/4/2014Shared starters were good. Mains were mediocre. Too expensive for what it is. The seats were very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- girasol-high chef in valleyWestsidefoodie12VIPDined on 10/3/2014my wife and were looking for a white cloth-higher end restaurant in the valley coming to an event in the Valley from West LA. Wood tabletops and we were led to a two banquette type even though we asked for a four top, and said we would be gone in an hour, coming in at 6:30. The food was alright, nothing memorable from a noted chef. We shared a grilled shrimp and melon salad and then ordered the whole fried snapper, that we once had deliciously at Tar and Roses. This one was a Snapper-Midget, hardly enough for one, let alone two to share. We hadn't had enough to eat, so we ordered Special of Chioppino. This was quite sjparse, also. Looks like they are trying to save on portion control.Special Features:
- DissatisfidedDined on 10/2/2014TABLES VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. All THE EMPLOYEES agreed tables were bad and needed fixing. Menu limited. Asked for quiet table with the reservation and also that is was a birthday but neither were accomplished. WILL NOT GO BACK..
- only regret was waiting too longhopienDined on 9/28/2014We had been meaning to try the restaurant and something always came up--great meal, ambiance, etc. We will absolutely be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousluvgoodfoodDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed my experience at Girasol. Food was excellent, everything was delicious and well prepared. Would definitely come back and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- new findvhrlVIPDined on 9/24/2014beautifully decorated and appointed great service and menu went for husbands birthday, they wished him a happy birthday but did nothing else, yet for the table opposite us they brought a little something with a candle, I was a little disappointed that we did not get that as he deserves to be spoiled. had I of known, I would have done something. would go back, very good over allSpecial Features:
- overpriced, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014Overpriced for very small portions. A lot of the food was under seasoned. Beautiful decor and the staff was great.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Definitely a find. Four of us ordered from the sharing section of the menu and not one item disappointed. The server knew precisely what dishes worked together and how to time them. We started with grilled plums over a yogurt sauce, moved to the octopus salad mussels and double order of oysters, followed up with soft were had interesting chili flavors. I would have been happy with just that, but we went on to taste the grilled pork satay. Ever order had delicate flavors to appreciate. My personal favorite was the octopus salad, beautifully marinated. The ambiance was very interesting and slightly off-center, which I like, but the black chairs have got to go, they are uncomfortable so ask for a table with the wood ones.Special Features: