25550 Chagrin Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44122Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.giovanniscleveland.com/
- Phone: (216) 831-8625
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Zach Ladner
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Giovannis can accommodate semi-private parties for up to 16 guests in the Tap Room. The Picasso Room can accommodate private parties up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Pier Luigi Gregori 2168318625
A word from Giovannis
Since 1976 Giovanni's continues to serve Cleveland outstanding Italian cuisine & a unique dining experience. Giovanni's has been awarded the Di Rona, AAA & Wine Spectator Award, Cleveland Magazine "Silver Spoon" Award (Best Italian Restaurant & Best Italian Restaurant in Northern Ohio) several times over the years. The wine cellar, classified as one of the country's finest with over 550 selections, earned Wine Spectator's Grand Award. Giovanni's recent renovation brings the atmosphere more in tune to today's feelings. The Picasso Room with wood paneling, distinctive artwork, fireplace & elegant French doors, seating up to 30, is ideal for corporate & social functions. The imaginative cuisine offers surprising variations of classic recipes including handmade pastas, seafood, veal, lamb, beef & game. Elegance & first class service are an experience not to be missed. The more casual lounge & bar areas are excellent alternatives serving the same menu as the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Giovannis - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Giovannis reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (44)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (6)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- best place to entertainMitchellsDined on 11/13/2014excellent food, service- great place to take clientsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but portions too largePamBDined on 11/3/2014This always a wonderful place for a special occasion as I was celebrating a birthday with my husband. I was looking forward to dessert ,but the portions are so large I could not eat another bite and took half of my main course home. I would recommend it highly to anyone, but wish they would offer small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwest eleganceMenumavenVIPDined on 11/1/2014Classic dining in a refined atmosphere without too much overbearing formality. Popular with local regulars but welcoming to the occasional diner as well. Traditional favorites but probably shorter than expected on more current trends. Many would say bravo to that, others might seek less conventional fare. Outstanding service that often finds the owner involved in table side preparation himself. Nice touch! You won't recall the somewhat higher prices longer than the very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Amore'FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 11/1/2014Never a disappointment (except when you get the bill-oops! did I say that); the steak was falling off the plate, the pastas were fabulous, dover sole the BEST, the service impecable! One of the best wine selections in the area . . . owner at the door greeting everyone - this place always makes you feel so special . . . I guess that's why we keep coming back! GREAT RESTAURANT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasedWestsideDined on 10/25/2014great food, service and atmosphere... very rare to please me, but they did!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceHandDDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and service. We will definitely return for dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed an excellent dinner but mussels and clams were a little tough. Lobster was outstanding. Clam chowder was very good. Service was good, not great. Always nice to be greeted so warmly.Special Features:
- Sue916VIPDined on 9/19/2014We have enjoyed the patio dining this summer. Both the lamb roast and the Sicilian nights were delicious! This place is a Cleveland staple!Special Features:
- Outstanding Experiencebeam300Dined on 9/13/2014Fantastic food with service to match! Went there to celebrate a wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. We loved the food and our server couldn't be more friendly and attentive. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow. Just. Wow.FrenchFanVIPDined on 9/10/2014As a lifelong Clevelander, I've heard a lot of great things about Giovanni's over the years. However, until this week, I'd never made an opportunity to try it. This was a huge mistake. HUGE! The food is amazing. And the service is amazing. I'm sorry I can't recall the name of our server, because she may be the best ever. Her suggestions guided us to a fantastic meal--gnocchi, lamb, veal, oh my! If you haven't tried Giovanni's, make sure you do it soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/9/2014Prosciutto and fig salad was amazing. Brussels sprouts with the veal chop were the best I ever had. Husband loved the veal scallopini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceAnniversary94Dined on 9/6/2014Our server was absolutely fantastic. He recommended specific dishes and he was spot on. It was a great anniversary.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodSk8rGirlDined on 9/5/2014Our meal at Giovanni's was outstanding and far surpassed our expectations; the wine we got was equally excellent. It easily ranks as one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. My only complaint was the very loud, outspoken woman at the table behind us, who loudly shared her political views on anything and everything throughout the meal (her three companions barely spoke a word), but that is certainly not the fault of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!MouseMom39VIPDined on 8/30/2014Though very much old school fine dining, it never fails to offer excellent food and service. They evidently know what works, as they have been doing it successfully for yearsSpecial Features:
- Did not meet our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This place pretends to be top notch. In reality they have top prices, the rest is pretty average. The server we got this time was very noisy and unprofessional. The food was heavy as always. That was my last time there. Just do not like the atmosphere or food.
- Week night outHospitalityVIPDined on 8/27/2014We only go to Giovanni's about once a year. I am the third generation in my family to go to this restaurant. I was so pleased to see how busy it was on a Wednesday night...the bar, the dining room, the private parties. The calibre remains true. It is a go-to for many in the area and that shows in how warm and friendly the staff is to many of the clientele.Special Features:
- Five StarBruceMDined on 8/26/2014The Restaurant was busy yet the service was excellent. The food was exceptional. Shared a Leg of Lamb special and it really was special. Beuatifully presented after being carved by an old school Master in a tuxedo. The carved lamb bone on a separate plate was a classy touch. The included veggies were delicious. I would recommend this dining experience to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super sole/sorrowful scallopiniOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014The veal needs to be pounded more or come from a better fed source. I've put similar pieces of leather on my shoes. Those who dined on the dover sole couldn't stop raving about it. We visit often. Waiter turnover is bothersome. Ours couldn't answer simple questions. Still the east side place for special occasions and to be seen.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/20/2014Giovanni's is great, in fact it has to be the best food in Cleveland! Wine, drinks and food were all great! Service was a bit off, I could not figure out exactly what was going on?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a great experience.WhichMealIsNextVIPDined on 8/14/2014Dined with a group for one of their great patio offerings. Surprised at the value of such a fine meal and service. Certainely will be back. Chef Ladner is such a talent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was exceptionalGradPackDined on 8/14/2014Not only was the food good but the presentation and portions were great. I have lived in Cleveland most of my life and I do not know what took me so long to go there!Special Features:
- mjihalicVIPDined on 8/12/2014Best food and service.our favorite restaurant..rheem, pierre always make you feel special...you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Over the Top!NanceDined on 8/9/2014For that special occasion, this is the place to go! The service is impeccable and the food is sublime. This restaurant strikes that delicate balance between modern style, classic technique, and pure, old-fashioned gourmet pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Poor service; lack of knowledge regarding food preparation and cocktail ingredients. Overrated and priceySpecial Features:
- Not quite what we had anticipated!bayvillagefoodiesDined on 8/7/2014Having noted (via Open Table) that we were celebrating a special anniversary we expected a cozy table for two, not a 4-top near the service area with staff standing next to us when not serving. Our waiter was quite new, friendly enough and we tipped him generously, BUT we had to ask for additional bread, a second glass of wine (which was a substitute, since the first one was not available); the maître d' was kind enough to offer assistance during the meal. My husband's cioppino was outstanding; but my blue nose bass was tasteless, though its accompaniments quite flavorful. We are not dessert eaters, but what a nice touch it would have been if someone had acknowledged our anniversary with a sweet "congratulations." Not what we expected!
- 34Th Anniversary DinnerMjazerDined on 8/2/2014We were greeted like family. Ladio our server was so attentive and very personable . The food was soooooo good from endive salad, veal parm with bone in and such a wonderful dessert buttered popcorn gelato over choc mousse ummmmmmm. Needless to say we were stuffed. My husband had smoked salmon tartar, seafood linguini and choc chip and mint gelato with choc cake. Will go again. I would like to take my daughter for lunch someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MenuMJRinOHVIPDined on 7/26/2014When Giovanni's has specials on the menu, they are really things that are unique to the executive chef and characteristics of what is fresh in the market at the moment. My wife and I had wonderfully fresh oysters which were flown in that morning. Similarly with our Turbot - fresh, wonderfully prepared, and piping hot from the kitchen. We will definitely be back to Giovanni's. Plus drinks on the patio before and after dinner, really sets the mood. Outstanding....Special Features:
- The following 438 reviews are from the Giovannis reviews archive.
- You won't be disappointed here!FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 7/22/2014One of Eastside Cleveland's more intimate spots Giovannis is known for their innovative Italian dishes-generous portions-beautiful wine offerings. Love the wonderful selection of salads including a day's special which had 3 salads on one plate-chicken almondine, arugula with goat cheese and a delicious lobster salad. Fresh pasta to die for... no leftovers here! Pierre is always a gracious host and entree director.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian dining delightBillDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Giovanni's. Our servers was very attentive and appropriately deferential to our wishes. I had the tomahawk veal chop and it was superb, and accompanied by very tasty root vegetables. My wife had the veal scallopini with a side dish of capellini. The capellini was wonderful. It was tasty and melted in your mouth. We are capellini gourmands and the capellini at Giovanni's was among the very best we've ever tasted. The Amarone wine by the glass was also wonderful and reasonably priced at $17 a glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleveland Italian GreatnessTdawc3Dined on 7/19/2014Bananas Foster was incredible. Little pricey. Our waiter had too many tables, but he did a great job. Coffee, Espresso, & Latte weren't pressed tightly so on the weak side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBrimaxulaDined on 7/19/2014Was looking for a nice restaurant last minute and Giovanni's came up on my google search with excellent ratings. It was our first time there and we will definitely be back. Service and food were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I do not appreciate having to write any more then I need to.Special Features:
- mjihalicVIPDined on 7/5/2014simply the best.has been my favorite for many years.great menu,wine list.service second to none.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchkrazykidsVIPDined on 7/2/2014We celebrated my daughter's 21st birthday lunch at Giovanni's. Everything was excellent. I had the linguine with clams and mussels. It was delicious as were the cocktails! We were looking forward to sitting on the patio but it was closed due to service work. We look forward to coming back and enjoying the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- table locationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Tables are too close together. The table nearest us had four diners, one of whom was loud and foul-mouthed. He was disgusting, but was catered to by the maitre; must have been a big spender. I doubt if we will be back.Special Features:
- Timeless and Amazing!ZegCleDined on 6/21/2014Giovanni's is my favorite reataurant in town. Amazing, authentic Italian food served in a classically beautiful dining room or recently renovated bar area. Such a special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised and disappointedTerribleDined on 6/20/2014The ad for this New. Orleans night neglected mentioning it was a buffet! The price for this "event" was outrageous considering the food. Ribs were horrible, Cajun rice good, but nothing special. Red beans tasteles! Chicken, was chicken!! Again nothing special. This meal was $45/@ but worth $14.95! Dessert was suppose to be bananas foster bread pudding! Again not as expected. New Orleans jazz was 2guys, who were very good, although not really NewOrleans jazz.
- ExcellentToMaVIPDined on 6/19/2014As usual excellent. Service and ambiance the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TraditionalJimhesterDined on 6/14/2014A great midcentury experience. Perfect food in a "Mad Men" atmosphere. Why be trendy if it has worked for decades. Don Draper would feel right at home.Special Features:
- ExcellentfinediningnbreathingDined on 6/13/2014Everything about the place was excellent. The server was amazing, the right amount of attentive, food was wonderful and came in a timely fashion, the overall environment was perfect. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.