25550 Chagrin Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44122Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.giovanniscleveland.com/
- Phone: 2168318625
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Zach Ladner
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Giovannis can accommodate semi-private parties for up to 16 guests in the Tap Room. The Picasso Room can accommodate private parties up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Pier Luigi Gregori 2168318625
A word from Giovannis
Since 1976 Giovanni's continues to serve Cleveland outstanding Italian cuisine & a unique dining experience. Giovanni's has been awarded the Di Rona, AAA & Wine Spectator Award, Cleveland Magazine "Silver Spoon" Award (Best Italian Restaurant & Best Italian Restaurant in Northern Ohio) several times over the years. The wine cellar, classified as one of the country's finest with over 550 selections, earned Wine Spectator's Grand Award. Giovanni's recent renovation brings the atmosphere more in tune to today's feelings. The Picasso Room with wood paneling, distinctive artwork, fireplace & elegant French doors, seating up to 30, is ideal for corporate & social functions. The imaginative cuisine offers surprising variations of classic recipes including handmade pastas, seafood, veal, lamb, beef & game. Elegance & first class service are an experience not to be missed. The more casual lounge & bar areas are excellent alternatives serving the same menu as the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Giovannis - Best Restaurants in Beachwood ›
Giovannis reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (49)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (12)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a winner!MouseMom39VIPDined on 8/30/2014Though very much old school fine dining, it never fails to offer excellent food and service. They evidently know what works, as they have been doing it successfully for yearsSpecial Features:
- Did not meet our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This place pretends to be top notch. In reality they have top prices, the rest is pretty average. The server we got this time was very noisy and unprofessional. The food was heavy as always. That was my last time there. Just do not like the atmosphere or food.
- Week night outHospitalityVIPDined on 8/27/2014We only go to Giovanni's about once a year. I am the third generation in my family to go to this restaurant. I was so pleased to see how busy it was on a Wednesday night...the bar, the dining room, the private parties. The calibre remains true. It is a go-to for many in the area and that shows in how warm and friendly the staff is to many of the clientele.Special Features:
- Five StarBruceMDined on 8/26/2014The Restaurant was busy yet the service was excellent. The food was exceptional. Shared a Leg of Lamb special and it really was special. Beuatifully presented after being carved by an old school Master in a tuxedo. The carved lamb bone on a separate plate was a classy touch. The included veggies were delicious. I would recommend this dining experience to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super sole/sorrowful scallopiniOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014The veal needs to be pounded more or come from a better fed source. I've put similar pieces of leather on my shoes. Those who dined on the dover sole couldn't stop raving about it. We visit often. Waiter turnover is bothersome. Ours couldn't answer simple questions. Still the east side place for special occasions and to be seen.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/20/2014Giovanni's is great, in fact it has to be the best food in Cleveland! Wine, drinks and food were all great! Service was a bit off, I could not figure out exactly what was going on?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a great experience.WhichMealIsNextVIPDined on 8/14/2014Dined with a group for one of their great patio offerings. Surprised at the value of such a fine meal and service. Certainely will be back. Chef Ladner is such a talent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was exceptionalGradPackDined on 8/14/2014Not only was the food good but the presentation and portions were great. I have lived in Cleveland most of my life and I do not know what took me so long to go there!Special Features:
- mjihalicVIPDined on 8/12/2014Best food and service.our favorite restaurant..rheem, pierre always make you feel special...you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Poor service; lack of knowledge regarding food preparation and cocktail ingredients. Overrated and priceySpecial Features:
- Not quite what we had anticipated!bayvillagefoodiesDined on 8/7/2014Having noted (via Open Table) that we were celebrating a special anniversary we expected a cozy table for two, not a 4-top near the service area with staff standing next to us when not serving. Our waiter was quite new, friendly enough and we tipped him generously, BUT we had to ask for additional bread, a second glass of wine (which was a substitute, since the first one was not available); the maître d' was kind enough to offer assistance during the meal. My husband's cioppino was outstanding; but my blue nose bass was tasteless, though its accompaniments quite flavorful. We are not dessert eaters, but what a nice touch it would have been if someone had acknowledged our anniversary with a sweet "congratulations." Not what we expected!
- 34Th Anniversary DinnerMjazerDined on 8/2/2014We were greeted like family. Ladio our server was so attentive and very personable . The food was soooooo good from endive salad, veal parm with bone in and such a wonderful dessert buttered popcorn gelato over choc mousse ummmmmmm. Needless to say we were stuffed. My husband had smoked salmon tartar, seafood linguini and choc chip and mint gelato with choc cake. Will go again. I would like to take my daughter for lunch someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MenuMJRinOHVIPDined on 7/26/2014When Giovanni's has specials on the menu, they are really things that are unique to the executive chef and characteristics of what is fresh in the market at the moment. My wife and I had wonderfully fresh oysters which were flown in that morning. Similarly with our Turbot - fresh, wonderfully prepared, and piping hot from the kitchen. We will definitely be back to Giovanni's. Plus drinks on the patio before and after dinner, really sets the mood. Outstanding....Special Features:
- You won't be disappointed here!FOODIE4MeVIPDined on 7/22/2014One of Eastside Cleveland's more intimate spots Giovannis is known for their innovative Italian dishes-generous portions-beautiful wine offerings. Love the wonderful selection of salads including a day's special which had 3 salads on one plate-chicken almondine, arugula with goat cheese and a delicious lobster salad. Fresh pasta to die for... no leftovers here! Pierre is always a gracious host and entree director.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian dining delightBillDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Giovanni's. Our servers was very attentive and appropriately deferential to our wishes. I had the tomahawk veal chop and it was superb, and accompanied by very tasty root vegetables. My wife had the veal scallopini with a side dish of capellini. The capellini was wonderful. It was tasty and melted in your mouth. We are capellini gourmands and the capellini at Giovanni's was among the very best we've ever tasted. The Amarone wine by the glass was also wonderful and reasonably priced at $17 a glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleveland Italian GreatnessTdawc3Dined on 7/19/2014Bananas Foster was incredible. Little pricey. Our waiter had too many tables, but he did a great job. Coffee, Espresso, & Latte weren't pressed tightly so on the weak side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBrimaxulaDined on 7/19/2014Was looking for a nice restaurant last minute and Giovanni's came up on my google search with excellent ratings. It was our first time there and we will definitely be back. Service and food were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I do not appreciate having to write any more then I need to.Special Features:
- mjihalicVIPDined on 7/5/2014simply the best.has been my favorite for many years.great menu,wine list.service second to none.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchkrazykidsVIPDined on 7/2/2014We celebrated my daughter's 21st birthday lunch at Giovanni's. Everything was excellent. I had the linguine with clams and mussels. It was delicious as were the cocktails! We were looking forward to sitting on the patio but it was closed due to service work. We look forward to coming back and enjoying the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- table locationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Tables are too close together. The table nearest us had four diners, one of whom was loud and foul-mouthed. He was disgusting, but was catered to by the maitre; must have been a big spender. I doubt if we will be back.Special Features:
- Timeless and Amazing!ZegCleDined on 6/21/2014Giovanni's is my favorite reataurant in town. Amazing, authentic Italian food served in a classically beautiful dining room or recently renovated bar area. Such a special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised and disappointedTerribleDined on 6/20/2014The ad for this New. Orleans night neglected mentioning it was a buffet! The price for this "event" was outrageous considering the food. Ribs were horrible, Cajun rice good, but nothing special. Red beans tasteles! Chicken, was chicken!! Again nothing special. This meal was $45/@ but worth $14.95! Dessert was suppose to be bananas foster bread pudding! Again not as expected. New Orleans jazz was 2guys, who were very good, although not really NewOrleans jazz.
- ExcellentToMaVIPDined on 6/19/2014As usual excellent. Service and ambiance the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TraditionalJimhesterDined on 6/14/2014A great midcentury experience. Perfect food in a "Mad Men" atmosphere. Why be trendy if it has worked for decades. Don Draper would feel right at home.Special Features:
- ExcellentfinediningnbreathingDined on 6/13/2014Everything about the place was excellent. The server was amazing, the right amount of attentive, food was wonderful and came in a timely fashion, the overall environment was perfect. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under appreciated gem!WhichMealIsNextVIPDined on 6/13/2014This iconic establishment has kept up with the times and caters to its original clientele as well as the youthful foodies of Cleveland. The executive chef is a culinary genious who truly is lacking recognition from the Cleveland community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair to good, not greatsnipsVIPDined on 6/7/2014Giovannis shows up on all the lists as one of Cleveland's best restaurants so we decided to visit for a birthday dinner. We sampled offerings from their menu and their daily specials and had an adequate meal. We had attentive and excellent service, but the food was only fair as the flavor of the primary ingredients were lost in sauces that were meant to enhance, not overpower My Maine lobster salad tasted only of mayonnaise and my Haddock was drowned in some corn concoction. Will we return? Not likely as Cleveland has many excellent restaurants that continue to impress.
- Excellent dinner!foodie1Dined on 5/31/2014The food was excellent, really delicious. Our server could not be more attentive. Although it's pricey, but nice for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WekopDined on 5/30/2014Plan to spend a lot of money. Well worth it. Great ambience, impeccable service, and amazing food. Try the Long Bone Veal Chop or the Lamb Parpadelle. Scallops are huge and cooked to perfection. Baked Alaska is splendid. Wine list is one of the best I have ever seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceAnastasiaDined on 5/30/2014We went here for lunch and could not be more pleased. The place is beautiful inside and out - very romantic setting with a modern twist at the bar area. The lunch menu offers an array of options from Picked beet salad to chicken francaise and steak. The whole table had the Francaise, which was the best one I ever had. I would describe the food as traditional, authentic Italian with a twist.Special Features:
- Tough BenchmarkstubabeVIPDined on 5/22/2014Giovaninis is one of the best restaurants in the area. Dishes ranging from lobster bisque to uniquely prepared steak tartetar and then to expertly prepared pastas and veal chop milanese and fish dishes are recently experienced preparations. Giovannis is worth the stiff tab especially for celebrations of special occaisions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blackjack86Dined on 5/22/2014Excellent, tasty, and mouth watering delicious food and First rate impeccable service. We had dinner here for our anniversary and were not disappointed. Very knowledgeable and attentive staff. This was our first time at this restaurant. We drove an hour to this restaurant and will gladly make the drive again very soon. Very extensive and impressive wine list and the wine steward was very helpful in recommending an exquisite bottle of wine with our dinner.Special Features:
- fine dining at it's bestmjihalicVIPDined on 5/16/2014we eat out often.in many different states giavonni's is the BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, The Mom's Were Disappointed!disappointedDined on 5/11/2014The entire experience was disappointing and we will never be back. Walked around the building to finally find entrance.Dining room is lovely. Menu was disappointing we would have enjoyed more of an Italian influence.Repeatedly the server addressed my husband-the only man at the table."Would you like pepper, sir". "No, very good, sir" and he walked away never asking the two ladies.Had to almost beg for a second roll;service was slow.While pouring my mother-in-law's hot water for tea,the server poured it right onto her arm.Then he continued to pour until I said "Stop"! Fortunately she wasn't badly burned because it was at least 10 minutes before he came back with ice. Even the berry short cake for dessert was a major disappointment.
- Mother's Day at GiovannisLocalAvonDinerDined on 5/11/2014Giovannis is normally closed on Sundays but was open for Mother's Day. We had an early afternoon brunch/lunch which was offered via a special menu for that day. As usual, the food and service were excellent. The menu includes several egg dishes (eggs benedict, eggs in a basket, etc.) as well as a marvelous lobster roll and a steak offering, amongst others. Mimosas and Bellinis were readily available as well as their full bar and wine offerings. Desserts choices were limited but included fruit and chocolate based items. I would definately recommend Giovannis for a special day such as Mother's Day as well as for any special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 415 reviews are from the Giovannis reviews archive.
- Hidden gemmmkad4Dined on 5/2/2014Visited the restaurant for a lunch meeting. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Will definitely go back for a dinner date with the wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great restaurant for a special occasion. The food is excellent, but the salads are just okay. The service is attentive without being intrusive. The only complaint is that we were overcharged for the dessert which was supposed to have been included with the four course meal. The filet was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Excellent: as alwaysDavidDined on 4/25/2014Giovanni's ranks as one of the best restaurants I have dined at anywhere in the world. Never a bad taste. Never a sour moment. Always excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining,formality,older crowdSkacleveDined on 4/19/2014I've known of their excellent rep for decades, but I avoided it because it was and is expensive, and there's such a wide range of reviews out there. Now we can afford it for special occasions. We were VERY pleased with our meal. The chicken (special) was succulent and beautifully seasoned, broth drizzled on it delicious and savory, roasted maitaki mushrooms a revelation. Seafood linguini was also delicious, though the lobster pieces were quite tough. Loved the flambéed Baked Alaska (though I was hoping for bigger flames) and choc. cremeux. Server Abdessalam was very earnest and friendly. Good Pinot and coffee. The crowd was mostly formally dressed and over 60, and service is old-fashioned, but nice jeans are OK. Entrance is hard to find!Special Features: