Saint Louis, MO 63124Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giovanniskitchenstl.com/
- Phone: 3147214100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 11:00am-10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Bozzato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Giovanni's Kitchen
Great Italian cuisine in a casual, comfortable setting. This is the third restaurant from the Gabriele family, including Giovanni's on the Hill and Il Bel Lago in Creve Coeur. Giovanni's sons Frank and Carmelo along with Executive Chef Alessandro Bozzato bring this taste of Italy to Ladue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Giovanni's Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Giovanni's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (41)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (19)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (16)good for groups (11)romantic (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always excellentRondaBVIPDined on 9/15/2014Great cocktails, appetizers, entrees-----pasta is absolutely delectable.Special Features:
- Great Find!!eatoutchicagoDined on 9/12/2014Excellent service. Warm staff. Incredible food. Also, reasonably priced. Although located in a strip shopping mall, the quality of service and food makes this an outstanding choice. You feel the quality surround you.Special Features:
- Solid Italian FooddougDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful meal. The seafood pasta was excellent. the cocktails were first rate. the service was attentive and prompt. We ended with a delightful panacota trio dessert that was wonderful. This is a very solid, authentic Italian restaurant in a location you would not expect. I would go back and would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for dinner outtastebuddyDined on 9/7/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The food was delicious and the restaurant very nice. The prices are affordable and there are a variety of dishes to choose from.Special Features:
- Great New Casual Italian RestaurantEdwardVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had heard great things about Giovanni's kitchen from everyone who had gone and we were not disappointed. The menu is reasonably priced - entrees and pastas starting at $9 and as high as $25 - with plenty of variety. Favorites were the tagallatelli pasta, chicken Parmesan, prosciutto and melon salad, and the veal dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerAflh2oVIPDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed a nice meal with friends. Everyone's entree was delicious. Very good service. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AdditionJLJfromOlivetteDined on 9/6/2014Great addition to the Clayton restaurant scene. We tried four different entries and four different desserts. Each was fantastic.Special Features:
- This is becoming our GO TO place!ReedelemDined on 9/6/2014This is such a simple and great place to have dinner. Nice variety of entrees and pastas, without having to read pages and pages of choices! All of their salads are wonderful too. Sitting outside was enjoyable, even though we are actually sitting on a patio that is on the parking lot. Oh well -- that's what you get in St. Louis sometimes. We just pretended we had a view! They have a decent kids menu too. We'll be back, again.Special Features:
- third timeBarbieBabyDined on 9/3/2014We have had two delightful evening meals here, but my ladies' lunch was not too successful. The menu was excellent, and my pasta was also. The problem was with the server, who was brusque. I think it is rude to clear the table when all are not finished. He even picked up bread-and-butter plates, throwing any left over pieces in the bread basket. Really! This rushed clearing is a common problem in St. Louis. I am old fashioned, but manners do count.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014great food, high noise level, and bottles of wine tend to be pricey.
- Whatever11Dined on 8/30/2014Nice local Italian restaurant. Everyone had a great meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- Quickly becoming favorite placeRondaBVIPDined on 8/29/2014Giovanni's Kitchen has not been in this location for long, but it is quickly becoming our favorite place! Every single thing that we have had has been outstanding from the fun martinis to the unbelievably fresh & delicious homemade pasta! And the service is outstanding -- they TALK with you -- I'm vegetarian & they just make me something off the menu. We haven't experienced this level of hospitality in a long time! It's amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday DinnerOutstandingVIPDined on 8/24/2014With such few choices we stumbled onto this Italian Gem. Excellent Food Moderate prices! Great combination when with a family on a Sunday evening. Highly recommend! Ask For Alexandra great service with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Worth the VisitKG13Dined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent! I enjoyed an off menu item consisting of stuff chicken and mashed potatoes with an excellent sauce. My companion loved the salmon. The service was okay, waitress was decent. The other staff that came around were friendly and unobtrusive (which I highly appreciate). The paper tablecloths were a little off putting but I can understand why they use them. The restaurant was very lively, loud, but expected from the somewhat tight quarters. Overall, the experience was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant!JamieDined on 8/19/2014Convenient location off of 170 with excellent staff and excellent food. This little gem won't remain a secret for long as it satisfies the need for high quality, authentic Italian cuisine in the midst of the metro area. We have driven in from Chesterfield a couple of times this month, past Babbo's and Charlie Gitto's for the homemade noodles at Giovanni's because they almost melt in your mouth!Special Features:
- First Time and a WinnerSabbaDined on 8/16/2014Arrived earlier than our reservation time but was accommodated immediately. Greeted cheerfully. The service was good the food wonderful. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great food. Kept getting run into at the bar. Also very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, mediocre foodGSA1Dined on 8/14/2014The service and atmosphere were wonderful but the food was lacking. We had a pasta dish that used a rigatoni pasta which was not appropriate for the sauce. The bread was flavorful but would have been better warm and soft rather than cold and a little too hard. We'd probably go back to give it another try but aren't in a hurry to do so....
- Great homemade pastafunkfootDined on 8/13/2014As a first time visitor to St Louis, it was great to find a nearby restaurant with excellent food. All 3 of us ordered pasta dishes - the dish with seafood (I can't remember the Italian name) was wonderful and reasonably priced given the quantity of fresh seafood. Pappardelle with meat sauce was also very good. I can't remember what my son ordered, but he did everything except lick the plate. Wine list seemed a little pricey, but I don't know what is typical for St. Louis. Having said that, the chianti classico we selected was excellent. Service was very efficient, helpful and cheery, and they didn't seem to mind that we were maybe a little underdressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOTKFVIPDined on 8/8/2014Authentic, well-prepared Italian food without having to drive to the Hill. Reasonably priced. A bit too noisy in the dining room; the acoustics could be improved.Special Features:
- Giovanni's Kitchen succeedsBarbieBabyDined on 8/2/2014This was a happy spot. We had wonderful service from Joe, and a delightful dinner. It is good neighborhood gathering place. Although noisy, the sound of groups enjoying themselves is not as bothersome as the loud, thumping music of some restaurants. I think some large plants in containers would improve the patio. The interior is very attractive.Special Features:
- Really nice experience!FoodieThoughtsVIPDined on 7/31/2014Second trip for dinner and Giovwnni's Kitchen continues to improve. Although a bit pricey for a neighborhood restaurant the quality and quantity of food is excellent. There is a diverse offering that provides multiple choices for return vists. The daily specials were interesting and added nicely to the selection. Wine list is adequate, cocktails were nice. We had a couple of desserts to share that were totally acceptable. Many plates have bread accompaniments which are not necessary and take away from the presentation. Overall, a nice experience that we hope will continue to grow, settle in and mature. Worth the visit!Special Features:
- MabelDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed our experience however it was very loud and would think a large group would have difficulties conversing. Great selection of menu items......we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DiningLeLeDined on 7/26/2014My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Giovanni's Kitchen. The food was stupendous and the service timely and friendly. However, the noise level is way over the top. It was difficult to carry on a conversation between the two of us. We will, however, return. Thanks.
- Way too loudnoisyDined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent but it was way too noisy to even read the menu much less talk. Several friends recommended the restaurant and I had been waiting to try it. Thinking of my friends I think they are both hard of hearing so the noise didn't bother them. It sure bothered us. Owner said it will be corrected in 10 days to come back. Will he make it worth our while??????????????????Special Features:
- OutstandingAztecVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food reasonable prices, who could ask for moreSpecial Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The Gabriele family has hit another home run. The menu is somewhat different - more northern Italian flavor and less Sicilian. The homemade pasta selections are spectacular. I recommend the pappardelle. The chef incorporates really interesting ingredients. Prices are in line with the quality and service level.Special Features:
- Great addition to Ladue dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014The food was outstanding. The cost was reasonable for Ladue or Clayton. The service was good, however, the noise in the large dining room was rather intense. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSusieDined on 7/21/2014Dinner was delicious. Food was fresh and nicely prepared. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve and RondasteveDined on 7/19/2014We saw the place open and hadn't visited since then. Went to dinner Friday night on the spur of the moment and had a fabulous time. Food, drinks, wine choices and service were all superb. Our waiter had a large group going at the same time and did a remarkable job of juggling and not forgetting us. We eat out a lot and would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Although we had to wait a bit for it, the food was wonderful! I had the smaller portion of tortellini & the spinach salad & that was the perfect size for me. The salad was especially good since it was not drenched with dressing but just enough to give some added flavor. I would definitely like to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to impress colleaguesTRBLDined on 7/16/2014Great food and service! We weren't rushed through our meal, we could hear each other and there was a good selection of entrees. Terrific salads and dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodeatsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Really nice experience, good food and service, will return, BRAVO!Special Features:
- Food and Service topsSteakloversVIPDined on 7/9/2014With so many offerings in the Clayton area, a new restaurant MUST deliver to attract and retain diners- and Giovanni's did just that for us. We chose two of their seafood dishes and they were excellent, well priced and accompanied with highly attentive service from our waiter Adrian. The atmosphere is a bit lacking dining in an open room, but the benefit is the increased attention given by the entire staff as they can easily keep an eye on you and respond when you need them. There's outside dining which we would love to have done on the nice evening we were there, but you feel like a parked car out there. Some well placed arborvitae would help solve for that. Anyways, we will definitely be back for what they do deliver on so well!Special Features:
- Need a website!jhcaytonDined on 7/3/2014We finally tried Giovanni's Kitchen and it was really good! We only found out about the place because of open table and we walked by the place after the previous restaurant closed. The service was great and the chef prepared eggplant parmesan off-menu for me. A great place to get a little bit of the Hill without leaving Clayton. They have a good place for outdoor dining as well.
- italian delight13anatevkaVIPDined on 7/1/2014Giovanni's Kitchen is an extension of the well respected establishment from the Hill area of St. Louis. Lunch provides excellent options with well prepared food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningbbbbDined on 6/25/2014What a great experience! Can't wait to go back. Welcome to the neighborhood. Food and service was beyond other similarly priced (moderate) restaurants.Special Features:
- Great local findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014My wife, daughter and I went to GK for the first time for an impromptu Monday dinner. What a nice experience. The food is both fresh made and very good. I love that they offer all pastas in half sizes and split entrees at no charge. This allows us to eat true Italian style. The service was excellent. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJimBDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I ate here on a Saturday evening. The food was excellent, and the restaurant was packed. Due to the open layout, the noise level is rather loud but it was still an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BifFDined on 6/21/2014excellent experience super service good menu choices convenient location easy to parkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.