Giovanni's Italian Restaurant
690 South Highway 89
Jackson Hole, WY 83002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Giovanni's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jhgiovannis.com/
- Phone: 3077341970
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Alex Demmon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Giovanni's Italian Restaurant
New Chef, new menu and a whole new beginning! Fresh pastas, delicious pizza from our new Woodstone Pizza Oven, made from scratch breads, amazing salads and the best handmade meatballs in town! Enjoy some of your old favorites or try one of our original new dishes. Cozy lounge to enjoy a great cocktail or watch a game. Come in and see what the buzz is all about! Serving dinner nightly at 5 pm. 307-734-1970Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Giovanni's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- PHONEY Giovanni'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013The name of this resturant should be PHONEY Giovanni's...there is NOTHING ITALIAN about this restaurant at all...if Italian is what you are looking for do not go here. I would not recommend this place, regardless. The menu is ODD. Also the waitress was crazy, came up to our table singing etc
- Early dinner with pizzas andkim2nycVIPDined on 3/15/2013Early dinner with pizzas and beers, food drinks all perfect. Our waitress was very friendly and nice. Only that location is a little out of the town center . Will go back.Special Features:
- Good traditional Italian butBarryDined on 3/12/2013Good traditional Italian but also an eclectic list of choices. Prices were fair. The salads were outstanding; meatball appetizer very good.Special Features:
- We were amazed at the qualitySharonDined on 3/11/2013We were amazed at the quality and the combnations of foods. Everything was delicious, and the portions were more than adequate. The server was friendly and helped us choose from their excellent menu. We were shocked at how empty the place was?? It is off the main road, in what seemed to be an office building but well worth the search. HIGHLY recommended!!Special Features:
- Food continues to get betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013Food continues to get better and better! This is definitely becoming our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- First day in Jackson and firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013First day in Jackson and first time back to Jackson in 20 years so we didn't know where to eat. Read about all the restaurants in town and Giovanni's got fairly good reviews for the food and price but marked down on service. This was our experience. The food was outstanding and the prices reasonable for a resort town. The service was terrible. We had to ask for water 3 times and for bread twice. Finally got the bread after eating the salad and half way through the meal. The braised beef tips in a creme gorgonzola sauce was out of this world. One of the best dishes I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Fell short of expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2013The restaurant setting was just ok. Had a good service, but the food wasn't as i expected. Felt like the cooks didn't show up for work. Overall, i wouldn't recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- Just OKMMMMDined on 2/4/2013Just OK. The chopped Proscuitto salad was great for a starter, and set expectations high. But the fried calmari was nothing special and the chicken pasta dish (special of the day) was bland. The service was very good, but the food was below Jackson Hole average.
- New Chef Did Not Improve QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/29/2013This was my third visit to Giovanni's. I love Italian food and keep hoping that Giovanni's will get better. The restaurant is beautifully done but the food does not suit the decor. My son reported that all of his friends at school love Giovanni's. If you imagine kids' favorite food, you will have a good idea of the flavors you will be treated to at Giovanni's. Please bring in a chef from San Francisco or New York who can make Giovanni's all that it could be.Special Features:
- Don't Let the Building Turn You OffDaveDined on 1/22/2013Too bad Giovanni's is in a nondescript commercial building on a busy street, Broadway, in the "industrial" south side of town. In other words, little ambiance from the outside and pretty plain inside. That shouldn't deter you, however, because the food is really quite good. My personal opinion: the best Italian food in the valley, for quality and price. Spaghetti with meat balls: excellent. My dining companion enjoyed her eggplant parmesan. Limited but good selection of wines and reasonably priced when you order by the glass.Special Features:
- what a turnaround from beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2013Food was great and portion size was perfect. Server was on her game, what a great change from the last time I ate there. I was apprehensive about visiting again due to my last experience. I will be back for sure.
- Hidden Gem in Jackson HoleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2013We enjoyed a delicious meal at Giovani's. Started with one of their specialty drinks, a basil mojito. Terrific. Then we shared their Italian clam chowder. Definitely enough for two!! My husband had the classic lasagna and I had the Lamb Bolognese. Both meals were phenomenal. Steve the manager checked in on us to be sure we were happy. Definitely would recommendSpecial Features:
- I had visited Giovanni's aJimInBocaDined on 12/29/2012I had visited Giovanni's a few years ago on opening week. It was absolutely dreadful. I revisited them recently and it was 1,000 times better. The food was excellent. The olive oil and chili pepper vinaigrette they give you to dip the bread in is amazing. One of the best restaurants in Jackson, hands down.Special Features:
- We truly enjoyed or dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012We truly enjoyed or dinning experience!! The food was excellent!! We will definatly be back!!Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2012It was my birthday dinner and we hadn't been here for 2-years due to poor food. I has heard that there was a new chef, new menu so I wanted to try it again. I ordered sausage lasagna. It had so much sausage that I couldn't find the noodles. It was luke warm at best. I waited for the waitress, Dava, to come back which was a while and I told her I couldn't eat this so I got the special which was short rib ravioli. It was ok. My Caesar salad was so drab. It was like no dressing on it. I was very disappointed. I guess I should be happy it was 2 for 1. I will not go back.
- Billy was a great waiter!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Billy was a great waiter! Thanks for having a kind and patient staff.
- We really enjoyed Giovanni's.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012We really enjoyed Giovanni's. It was intimate, quiet and all our choices were delicious. The wait staff was very friendly and gave us a lot of attention. We will definitely return.
- We had a GREAT dinner! TheTetonRoseVIPDined on 11/25/2012We had a GREAT dinner! The salmon was AMAZING.....with the creamy polenta! My husband had the Pork Ragout and practically licked his platter clean! I have been on a diet.. (GRRRR!) So was happy to find the delightful chopped salad and salmon on the menu! I ate half and took half home for another meal!Special Features:
- It was our anniversary andrjobearDined on 10/19/2012It was our anniversary and it was perfect. Our waiter was on top of everything and the food was great.Special Features:
- Have gone to the restaurantShirleyDined on 9/30/2012Have gone to the restaurant 3 times in the last 2 months, as I found the new Menu and chef to have improved the restaurant a lot. Entrees are excellent, and still reasonably priced. We will continue to frequent this restaurant in Jackson.
- Hitting it on all cylindersdavetheraveVIPDined on 9/29/2012This turned out to be our best meal in Jackson. The verdure chopped salad was unique and wonderful. My son and I both had the lava lake lamb which is a homemade pasta dish with braised lamb shoulder. The sauce was amazing- what a great dish. We had a bottle of the house chianti which was great deal at $37. The house made bread came with a dipping sauce that many of the diners are asking them to bottle its so good. Prompt courteous service by adorable Kayla and the general manager Steve went out of his way to thank us for our business. This gem should be a must on anyone's list or Jackson.Special Features:
- I found the food very tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2012I found the food very tasty. The lamb was flavorful and tender; however I was up all night and the revenge continued into the next day. The chocolate bread pudding tasted like a brownie with whipping cream and a scoop of banana ice cream. It just was not outstanding. The cream brule was tasty and generous. We would go back again; but not be so bold on the order.Special Features:
- LOVE the new menu! We hadTetonRoseVIPDined on 9/23/2012LOVE the new menu! We had a great evening at Giovanni's!Special Features:
- Lovely food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Lovely food and good service. Only negative was that we had to eat in bar even though we booked ahead.Special Features:
- Like the booths. Great salads.KeeperVIPDined on 9/14/2012Like the booths. Great salads. Portions are good but small.q
- We have been waiting a longOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2012We have been waiting a long time for the new menu; the pizza and the wings to be added. We were not disappointed. My husband and I ordered a dozen wings and the lamb-sausage pizza and both were perfect and delicious. Thank you Giovanni's for stepping up and making some changes! We live close by and would love for Giovanni's to become "our regular place"!Special Features:
- We found Giovanni's whilequattrochickDined on 9/5/2012We found Giovanni's while traveling. It was near our hotel and had good reviews. We were pleased with our meal and our service. The dining room is dark and a little stuffy.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Needs moreFatsoVIPDined on 9/4/2012Excellent food. Needs more items to choose for main course Needs more soup items. What they had was excellent.Special Features:
- Even though you offer 2 lasganasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2012Even though you offer 2 lasganas my husband and I prefer a hamburger lasgana with no mushrooms,Your homemade daily pasta was very good.
- Giovanni's provided an alternateJeffDined on 9/2/2012Giovanni's provided an alternate to a "Standard" Italian restaurant. The bread and olive oil dip were very tasty and a nice compliment to the salad and meal. Both dishes we had were unique and flavorfulSpecial Features:
- Love Italian? Must try Giovanni's!jerseygVIPDined on 9/1/2012This was our second time to this restaurant. We were not disappointed. The food is the best Italian in Jackson.Special Features:
- Great improvement in the food.KeeperVIPDined on 8/31/2012Great improvement in the food. Rolls and dip out of this world.
- This was our second visitceherroDined on 8/31/2012This was our second visit to Giovanni's this summer (2012) and we had 9 people. Drinks and appetizers were good... cheerfully and quickly served. Our group ordered everything from their house pizzas to assorted Italian dinners including lobster ravioli, eggplant parmesan, etc and were very happy with their selections. Prices were very reasonable. All in all, dollar for dollar, Giovanni's is an exceptional value in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.Special Features:
- Try this gem in JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012My wife & I were vacationing in Jackson & decided to try Giovanni's restaurant. We both thought that among the very good restaurants that we had tried, this one was our favorite. Hence, we made reservations for the next night. Great food & waitstaff, (thanks for the friendly conversation, Jessie & Jasmine). Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- We were pleasnatly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012We were pleasnatly surprised by the quality of our dinners, especially impressed by the gazpacho.
- Italian gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2012Comfortable, pleasant ambience. Service was friendly, and appropriately attentive. Food was nicely presented and delicious. Will go again.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012We were a group of 6 and we were surprised how the food was fabulous. The new chef has created a very tasty menu.Special Features:
- Giovanni's has turned therghaDined on 7/24/2012Giovanni's has turned the corner, and now does offer decent food in a casual setting, still at a fair price.
- Very tasty pasta and stone-bakedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012Very tasty pasta and stone-baked pizza, both with very fresh ingredients. Nice interior. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- LOVE the new menu at Giovanni's!TetonRoseVIPDined on 7/15/2012LOVE the new menu at Giovanni's! We had a delicious dinner. Loved the chopped salad! My husband was crazy about the Seafood Brodetto! He raved about it! Service was awesome! Great evening!!!Special Features: