219 Banff Ave - Box 3150
Banff, AB T1L 1C8Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.giorgiosbanff.com/
- Phone: 4037625114x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5pm daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher MacDougall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Giorgio's offers one private room that seats 25 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Mendalman 4037605088x
- Special Events: Giorgio's is available for private & corporate events.
A word from Giorgio's Trattoria
Giorgio’s Trattoria offers Italian cuisine in a warm Trattoria atmosphere.Continued
Hand Made pasta, Wood fired meats, fresh seafood.
Traditional family style service available.
Hand Made pasta, Wood fired meats, fresh seafood.
Traditional family style service available.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Giorgio's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Banff ›
Giorgio's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (11)good for groups (11)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Disappointing ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was recommended to us by my wife's sister. The food quality was average ... at best. There were five of us and each of us had a different entree and no one was impressed. The calamari was probably the worst we have ever tried. The pasta dishes, for an Italian restaurant, were bland with very little spices. The restaurant seems to cater to getting lots of people in and serve them Spaghetti Factory like meals. That would not be such a bad thing if the prices were reasonable, but they are high for below-average to average food. Very forgettable experience and will not recommend it to anyone.
- warm frienly restauranttitaniaDined on 8/28/2014We were greeted by a very friendly maitre'd,who showed us to a quiet table by the window,other people coming at the same time were told there would be at least hal an hour's wait for a vacant table, so as we had reserved through your website they had appreciated that and given us a well positioned table in a quiet area of the restaurant. Our waitress greeted us immediately and explained the menu and took our order. She was very pleasant,efficient and nothing was too much trouble althoughthe restaurant was full and she was very busy. Our pasta meals were delicious,the waitress regularly refilled our water glasses and overall our dining experience was excellent and would recommend Georgio's unreservedly.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner!NkaarsemakerDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a lovely evening, enjoying the wonderful service of great quality food. We had requested a table on the second level by one of the windows and it proved to be a cozy, romantic place to enjoy our dinner..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceCk70Dined on 8/23/2014Showed up early for our open table reservation and they were able to get us at able restaurant was almost empty. Thought that was great as we were hungry and would get served fast. Waited an hour after ordering to get food. Waitress barely came to check on us. In the end they took 10% off for such slow service. Everyone around us who came 1/2 hour later were eating before us. Waitress probably forgot to put the order in. So many great restaurants in Banff, will definitely go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Consistently ConsistentRickDined on 8/18/2014At Giorgio's the best surprise is always no surprise. Once or twice yearly, while in Banff on business, I do dinner with friends at Giorgio's and have been doing this for at least 20 years. Year in and year out the food is good (love the risotto), the atmosphere is a delight, and the wine list as complete as could reasonably be expected. Although the servers are always different, they are consistently pleasant, knowledgeable, and vibrant, telling me that the hiring and training practices are consistent. My favourite place in Banff for a great evening of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeaveVTWeaveVTDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner at Giogios on Friday, our last night in Banff. Jackie our server was wonderful. We had a great meal and ended our Canadian holiday on a high note.Special Features:
- Time for some updatingCaffeineaddictDined on 8/9/2014Went there for family dinner on a Saturday night. For Banff, the food was reasonably priced. It was busy (and noisy) inside the restaurant. I am guessing they are going for the "rustic feel" for the interior decor, but I would recommend some updating. By the way, if you were to dine at Giorgio's first and take the bill to Maple Leaf Grille (excellent food) you will receive 10% off, but not the other way around.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014Party of seven adults - good food, good staff, pleasant atmosphere and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very inexpereinced waitressFood4lifeDined on 8/3/2014We have dined here many times so we know this wasn't typical but on August 3rd, we had a totally inexperienced waitress. we were a group of 8 people. When taking our appetizer order, she only asked 6 ppl. After fumbling the opening of a bottle of red wine, she proceeded to only pour for 6 of the 8 people, put the bottle down and left. We finished pouring the wine! Never once did she ask how we were doing and if our food was ok. When the main course was finished, she brought the bill without asking if we wanted dessert or coffee. We made her aware and she apologized saying she thought she asked us. We ordered and she forget to bring one tea and one of the coffees!! very inattentive and lacking in personality to be an effective wait staff.Special Features:
- JomountainwenchDined on 7/23/2014Lovely restaurant in downtown Banff. Great Italian selection, wonderful service. We ordered the antipasti plate and a pear and gorgonzola pizza to share. Both were outstanding. Others around us had numerous Italian specialties and all looked delicious. Our server, Gaby, was helpful in suggesting a beer from Quebec to go with the pizza - "his people" make good beer! All in all, a nice evening in a nice place. Thanks, Giorgios!!Special Features:
- A Nice ExperienceVeegieDined on 7/22/2014Ordered their signature pasta, the Roseline, and it was fantastic, if slightly peppery for my taste. Service wasn't the best available in Banff, but this is a relaxed, casual restaurant on the main drag in Banff, not a fine-dining, haute cuisine sort of place, so manage your expectations. Fairly eclectic drink menu with lots of unique choices, and our server was very patient, amiable and accommodating with our special requests. The menu is somewhat pricey, but it's to be expected in a location like Banff (and you get what you pay for). Also, don't order chicken fettucine; you can get that anywhere! Try something new or unique; their specialties don't disappoint, at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrownedEmmet06Dined on 7/22/2014Every main was drowned in sauce. I will say the oyster mushroom and truffled goat cheese bruschetta is excellent, but did not make up for the overall poor quality of the mains. Be tough to find a reason to come back.Special Features:
- Too muchroxaneDined on 7/15/2014Too much noise. Too crowded. Not a great place for a conversation. The waitress was forgetful and confused. Food was average.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014This is the second time we have visited Giorgio's. The food and service was once again excellent!Special Features:
- Great Italian MealSmaresDined on 7/10/2014Our party of 6 all enjoyed an amazing Italian meal at Giorgio's earlier this week. My husband and I shared a Caesar salad which was fantastic! The pasta dishes we ordered were all wonderful and the servings were large. The Italian bread and oils were also great! The wine is expensive though.Special Features:
- Gettin' Fed at Giorgio'sOldalesEatDined on 6/30/2014Had a gift card for dinner at Giorgio's and didn't know what to expect. Asked around the Banff Springs Golf club..was assured we would have a great meal..and we did!! Absolutely delicious! The wine list is excellent and quite reasonable by comparison to other establishments. The house special "Roseline" was superb and the portion sizes were more than adequate. There was a bit of a mix up on one of our appetizers but our server was right on it and corrected it immediately! I would have liked a little more "ambience" on our table however; i.e. a tablecloth/placemats..candle or centrepiece of some kind. It was just a completely bare round table. All in all though..a wonderful dining experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLuvagreatmealDined on 6/10/2014We had a great time! The food was great, nice portions and good price. The spaghetti carbonara was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre mealflavorseekerVIPDined on 6/8/2014The meal at Giorgio's was so/so although the service was attentive - it is not very interesting fare. I ordered the eggplant all vegetable pizza. Two small pieces of eggplant were evident - mostly mushroom and limited with only one type of mushroom represented. Reminiscent of a frozen pizza rather than an artisanal one. The other restaurants we frequented that were part of the BIG restaurant network offered more interesting menus with good vegetable options that were served with elements of contrast - both flavor and texture. But the food at Giorgio's did not compare with that served at Bison or Maple Leaf. It was a disappointing meal having dined and enjoyed meals at sister restaurants.
- Rushed service, tasteless mealWoozerDined on 6/6/2014We went for date night, I'm gluten free and saw the menu had gluten free pasta I thought we would try it. But since there is an extra $4 charge for gluten free pasta I wasn't about to pay almost 30.00 for a pasta dish, waitress said was just OK. I decided to have the New York steak, med rare, it arrived cold and very rare. I sent it back and the waitress says ill just ask then to warm it up for you. Our drinks were empty most of the time. Which I could see if it was busy but she only had 2 tables. She brought our bill no mention of another drink or dessert menu. It felt like she wanted us out quick. We started at 630 and were out by 730. We decided to go to another restaurant of dessert and drinks. My husband said Rosaline pasta was good.
- Good Italian RestaurantoperafanDined on 5/21/2014This is a good, not very spicy, Italian restaurant with a varied menu. Not too expensive.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2014Went there after my new in-laws recommended it. YUM and the service was very good!!!!Special Features:
- Better value at other restaurantsValuelessDined on 5/11/2014Food not extraordinary, but price was. Pasta entrees cost $20 plus and the wine was $12 a glass. Better value elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 233 reviews are from the Giorgio's Trattoria reviews archive.
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Unfortunately we were sat down in the corner loft area of the restaurant beside a large group of twelve people. The first half hour of the dining experience was great. Decent noise level, server very attentive, appetizers were great. Once the group arrived the noise level went up, our server was no longer attentive, our wait time for our main course was much too long.Special Features:
- The best service I had in banff!brandi73Dined on 4/28/2014Made a reservation for Monday night at 6. We were greeted warmly by the hostess and shown promptly to our table. Our server came right over and introduced herself, she was amazing to say the least. Every part of the evening went so well. Jackie (our server) was knowledgable, efficient and very friendly. We felt like she truly loves her job and wanted to ensure we had a great time. The food was fabulous, authentic Italian, came out promptly and was steaming hot. All I can say is wow! Even the hostess stopped by our table to see if all was well. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Dinner in BanffMikeyDined on 4/19/2014Very good traditional Italian food that met expectations.Special Features:
- good foodstienerDined on 4/18/2014The food was great but our server was inexperienced andpretty lousy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodHlapuzDined on 4/6/2014My husband and I have gone to this restaurant a few times and enjoyed our meals every time. And this was our go to place while visiting Banff. But the food has definitely changed. Or the Chef is new? Not quite sure but the dishes my husband and I and my 4 year old daughter ordered were so bland and had no flavour. We were actually quite shocked since they normally serve fantastic food. Was very disappointing and don't think we will return. I think the dinner was better last time we were in. But the lunch menu definitely needs some work.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceGeorgesDined on 4/5/2014We've been to this restaurant several times because it has something on the menu for everyone in our family. Vegetarians and carnivores will both love the variety. The service was fantastic from start to finish.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!spartacatDined on 4/5/2014We had the seafood linguine, tomato basil bruschetta and the best calamari we have ever eaten! For dessert we had the marscapone cheesecake which was delicious!! Food and service was excellent and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free and Yummy!CastleDined on 4/4/2014Hubby and I went here for our 5th anniversary and had a wonderful night. We requested the most romantic table and we got it! It was a nice little table on the upper floor, next to a window, overlooking the Banff main street. The staff was so nice to have Champagne on the table when we arrived and congratulated us immediately which was very sweet. (Neither of us really drink so we only had about half the champagne but it was the thought that counted! And of course that was on the house-no charge!) The food was good. My husband loved his pasta meal. I ordered a GF seafood pasta and it was good. Nothing to write home about but good effort none the less. They did however have a delicious GF chocolate cake (almost like fudge). Great experience!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014second time to the restaurant, the food id authentic and very tasty, service is alwasy good. I would recommend Giogio's to anyone looking for a great meal in Banff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italian foodBoboDined on 3/28/2014Food was good, service was quick and friendly, carpet on floor could have used a major clean, other than that everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodloverDined on 3/22/2014The service was friendly and helpful. My sister and I were impressed with the availability of gluten free pizza and pasta. We had the pear and pinenut pizza and the duck with sangria(red wine) and house wine with our meals. The pear and pinenut combo in the pizza was delicious and gave it a slight sweet taste. The duck was cooked perfectly and was full of flavor. The ambience of the restaurant was peaceful but you could also see that the customers were having a great time with friends and family and enjoying their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealSkiFamilyDined on 3/22/2014I had read somewhat mixed reviews but chose Giorgio's mainly because they could accommodate our group of six - very hungry après ski - at a reasonable time. We were very pleased with the food and service - we tried the pasta, pizza and risotto. All delicious. The calamari was very different but quite tasty. Caesar salad was good - not dripping in dressing. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014My husband and I ate here a few years ago, so we were excited to eat here again, but it turned out to be such a disappointment. I'm not sure if they have changed owners/chefs but the food is not the same quality that it once was. We both had the cannelloni, it was over done with mushrooms and not much cheese. We both think that it was frozen and just heated up as it did not seem fresh at all. The pizza that my son had seemed to be doused in grease. So we both won't go here again and will not recommend it to anyone heading up to Banff for a nice Italian meal.
- The staff were fantastic.2muchfunDined on 3/15/2014The staff were fantastic. The food came out in a mannerly time. It didn't come out too fast, which is perfect in such a nice restaurant as it gives you time to visit and enjoy. I am not dying that it took a long time. It was the perfect timing. I own a restaurant/pub myself so I know all about timing. I thought the pizza was amazing. The calamari was different but very tasty. I thought the pasta was a little bland, but the pasta itself was cooked perfectly. I would definatly go back and would highly recommend. I was very impressed that the server informed us that there was already a gratuity on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced , cold. Fair serviceChefWilDined on 2/27/2014When you are charging $26 for a pasta dish, turn on the heat and provide very good service.
- Packed, yet phenomenal.GoRidersDined on 2/16/2014After walking by this restaurant for years, we decided to finally try it. Great ambushed. Feel comfortable to wear professional attire, or shorts and a-shirt. Very convenient trait for an establishment in Banff to have. The service and food were impeccable. Jacky, our server, was both friendly and attentive. Our order was prompt with large portions, and amazing taste. I was surprised how quickly our meal arrived with the restaurant at capacity. Can't wait to return. (Only order the Meat Dish for 2 if you're really really hungry)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, delicious italian goodShmoopy8Dined on 2/16/2014My husband, daughter and I managed to get a last minute reservation at this restaurant at the last moment. As it was the long weekend, I was surprised to actually get a table. I now know why, this place is gigantic! There's a large main floor plus a huge upstairs dining room. This is where we were . The place was packed with servers running back and forth all night long. I had the seafood linguine, my daughter had the spaghetti bolganese and my husband had the risotto. All were delicious and fresh. We had the tiramisu cake for dessert which was also delicious. Service was prompt and friendly. Overall I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starter was great, Meat asdoctomesDined on 2/15/2014Starter was great, Meat as well but Pizza wasn't good at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.