219 Banff Ave - Box 3150
Banff, AB T1L 1C8Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.giorgiosbanff.com/
- Phone: (403) 762-5114
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5pm daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher MacDougall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Giorgio's offers one private room that seats 25 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Mendalman 4037605088x
- Special Events: Giorgio's is available for private & corporate events.
A word from Giorgio's Trattoria
Giorgio’s Trattoria offers Italian cuisine in a warm Trattoria atmosphere.Continued
Hand Made pasta, Wood fired meats, fresh seafood.
Traditional family style service available.
Hand Made pasta, Wood fired meats, fresh seafood.
Traditional family style service available.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Giorgio's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Banff ›
Giorgio's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)romantic (12)good for groups (12)special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good bye Giorgio's TrattoriaCainers25Dined on 10/18/2014Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Giorgio's on Sat., Oct 18, 2014 which was its last night. So sorry to see it go. Banff landmark for so long. Food, service, wine - all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service plusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The waiter went to the grocery store to get ketchup for my 6 year old's fries. It was the day before they closed for the season, he insisted that if that is what she wanted then he would be happy to get it. Food was as great as always.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014So sad to see that Giorgios is closing this weekend for good. We ALWAYS looked forward to making this a part of our family trips to Banff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food is delicious. The service is typically good. Greeters/Hostesses are generally friendly and atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good thing this place is closing!FsquaredVIPDined on 10/5/2014Unfortunately Giorgio's is nothing like the Italian restaurant in use to be. We were celebrating our daughters sweet 16 and we were very disappointed. The pasta was fresh but the food was very tasteless and the veal was overcooked. They are closing later this month and reopening in the spring as another brand and theme. Based on our food experience at Giorgio's I would highly recommend avoiding any of this restaurant groups other restaurants in Banff. The staff was nice.
- Great!tbonifiedDined on 10/4/2014It was really good! I'm not a huge fan of Italian food to begin with so I was quite impressed how delicious it was. Try the Rosealini; it was so good! Our service was great, everything was just great!Special Features:
- ExcellentMisfitDined on 9/20/2014Great atmosphere. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable, and listened to our questions about what to recommend, then responded with answered that addressed our questions. Food was great, and price was acceptable.Special Features:
- Not what remembered....LiketotrynewplacesDined on 9/20/2014Service was great, food was good! Decor is starting to look tired specifically chairs and carpet. Been a few years since dined in restaurant. Dining chairs not that comfortable for nice meal. More of a brunch restaurant feel to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLarsDined on 9/17/2014On a recent visit to Banff we had dinner at Giorgio's and liked it so much we went back a few nights later. Booked both nights with Open Table and it worked great. Our table was ready both nights when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one time too manyClubs1Dined on 9/14/2014I have been to Georgios on quite a few occasion, 8 times to be exact, and I thought since my aunt and uncle who were visiting from Toronto and were celebrating there 40th wedding anniversary Georgio's would be the place to go. Well this time I was wrong. we ordered the seafood platter for 4, the fish was flavourless and the portions were very small considering the prices charged. We raised this concern with our waiter but the answer was simply you got what you paid for. I was very dissatisfied, especially after telling my aunt and uncle how great this restaurant was prior to eating there. I would have to say that Sunday's meal will be my last visit to Georgio's Banff.
- Rosaline, amazingScottDined on 9/5/2014Calamari appetizer was chewy and cold, good flavour though. Had their signature Rosaline and was very impressed. Definitely recommend trying it. Nice atmosphere, friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was recommended to us by my wife's sister. The food quality was average ... at best. There were five of us and each of us had a different entree and no one was impressed. The calamari was probably the worst we have ever tried. The pasta dishes, for an Italian restaurant, were bland with very little spices. The restaurant seems to cater to getting lots of people in and serve them Spaghetti Factory like meals. That would not be such a bad thing if the prices were reasonable, but they are high for below-average to average food. Very forgettable experience and will not recommend it to anyone.
- warm frienly restauranttitaniaDined on 8/28/2014We were greeted by a very friendly maitre'd,who showed us to a quiet table by the window,other people coming at the same time were told there would be at least hal an hour's wait for a vacant table, so as we had reserved through your website they had appreciated that and given us a well positioned table in a quiet area of the restaurant. Our waitress greeted us immediately and explained the menu and took our order. She was very pleasant,efficient and nothing was too much trouble althoughthe restaurant was full and she was very busy. Our pasta meals were delicious,the waitress regularly refilled our water glasses and overall our dining experience was excellent and would recommend Georgio's unreservedly.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner!NkaarsemakerDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a lovely evening, enjoying the wonderful service of great quality food. We had requested a table on the second level by one of the windows and it proved to be a cozy, romantic place to enjoy our dinner..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceCk70Dined on 8/23/2014Showed up early for our open table reservation and they were able to get us at able restaurant was almost empty. Thought that was great as we were hungry and would get served fast. Waited an hour after ordering to get food. Waitress barely came to check on us. In the end they took 10% off for such slow service. Everyone around us who came 1/2 hour later were eating before us. Waitress probably forgot to put the order in. So many great restaurants in Banff, will definitely go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Consistently ConsistentRickDined on 8/18/2014At Giorgio's the best surprise is always no surprise. Once or twice yearly, while in Banff on business, I do dinner with friends at Giorgio's and have been doing this for at least 20 years. Year in and year out the food is good (love the risotto), the atmosphere is a delight, and the wine list as complete as could reasonably be expected. Although the servers are always different, they are consistently pleasant, knowledgeable, and vibrant, telling me that the hiring and training practices are consistent. My favourite place in Banff for a great evening of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeaveVTWeaveVTDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner at Giogios on Friday, our last night in Banff. Jackie our server was wonderful. We had a great meal and ended our Canadian holiday on a high note.Special Features:
- Time for some updatingCaffeineaddictDined on 8/9/2014Went there for family dinner on a Saturday night. For Banff, the food was reasonably priced. It was busy (and noisy) inside the restaurant. I am guessing they are going for the "rustic feel" for the interior decor, but I would recommend some updating. By the way, if you were to dine at Giorgio's first and take the bill to Maple Leaf Grille (excellent food) you will receive 10% off, but not the other way around.Special Features:
- DelightfulEllsbelsDined on 8/6/2014Lovely food at reasonable prices in the heart of Banff. Efficient and friendly service. A large restaurant so it is difficult to have quiet chat. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodspikesdinnersDined on 8/5/2014Party of seven adults - good food, good staff, pleasant atmosphere and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very inexpereinced waitressFood4lifeDined on 8/3/2014We have dined here many times so we know this wasn't typical but on August 3rd, we had a totally inexperienced waitress. we were a group of 8 people. When taking our appetizer order, she only asked 6 ppl. After fumbling the opening of a bottle of red wine, she proceeded to only pour for 6 of the 8 people, put the bottle down and left. We finished pouring the wine! Never once did she ask how we were doing and if our food was ok. When the main course was finished, she brought the bill without asking if we wanted dessert or coffee. We made her aware and she apologized saying she thought she asked us. We ordered and she forget to bring one tea and one of the coffees!! very inattentive and lacking in personality to be an effective wait staff.Special Features:
- The following 245 reviews are from the Giorgio's Trattoria reviews archive.
- JomountainwenchDined on 7/23/2014Lovely restaurant in downtown Banff. Great Italian selection, wonderful service. We ordered the antipasti plate and a pear and gorgonzola pizza to share. Both were outstanding. Others around us had numerous Italian specialties and all looked delicious. Our server, Gaby, was helpful in suggesting a beer from Quebec to go with the pizza - "his people" make good beer! All in all, a nice evening in a nice place. Thanks, Giorgios!!Special Features:
- A Nice ExperienceVeegieDined on 7/22/2014Ordered their signature pasta, the Roseline, and it was fantastic, if slightly peppery for my taste. Service wasn't the best available in Banff, but this is a relaxed, casual restaurant on the main drag in Banff, not a fine-dining, haute cuisine sort of place, so manage your expectations. Fairly eclectic drink menu with lots of unique choices, and our server was very patient, amiable and accommodating with our special requests. The menu is somewhat pricey, but it's to be expected in a location like Banff (and you get what you pay for). Also, don't order chicken fettucine; you can get that anywhere! Try something new or unique; their specialties don't disappoint, at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrownedEmmet06Dined on 7/22/2014Every main was drowned in sauce. I will say the oyster mushroom and truffled goat cheese bruschetta is excellent, but did not make up for the overall poor quality of the mains. Be tough to find a reason to come back.Special Features:
- Too muchroxaneDined on 7/15/2014Too much noise. Too crowded. Not a great place for a conversation. The waitress was forgetful and confused. Food was average.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014This is the second time we have visited Giorgio's. The food and service was once again excellent!Special Features:
- Great Italian MealSmaresDined on 7/10/2014Our party of 6 all enjoyed an amazing Italian meal at Giorgio's earlier this week. My husband and I shared a Caesar salad which was fantastic! The pasta dishes we ordered were all wonderful and the servings were large. The Italian bread and oils were also great! The wine is expensive though.Special Features:
- Gettin' Fed at Giorgio'sOldalesEatDined on 6/30/2014Had a gift card for dinner at Giorgio's and didn't know what to expect. Asked around the Banff Springs Golf club..was assured we would have a great meal..and we did!! Absolutely delicious! The wine list is excellent and quite reasonable by comparison to other establishments. The house special "Roseline" was superb and the portion sizes were more than adequate. There was a bit of a mix up on one of our appetizers but our server was right on it and corrected it immediately! I would have liked a little more "ambience" on our table however; i.e. a tablecloth/placemats..candle or centrepiece of some kind. It was just a completely bare round table. All in all though..a wonderful dining experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLuvagreatmealDined on 6/10/2014We had a great time! The food was great, nice portions and good price. The spaghetti carbonara was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre mealflavorseekerVIPDined on 6/8/2014The meal at Giorgio's was so/so although the service was attentive - it is not very interesting fare. I ordered the eggplant all vegetable pizza. Two small pieces of eggplant were evident - mostly mushroom and limited with only one type of mushroom represented. Reminiscent of a frozen pizza rather than an artisanal one. The other restaurants we frequented that were part of the BIG restaurant network offered more interesting menus with good vegetable options that were served with elements of contrast - both flavor and texture. But the food at Giorgio's did not compare with that served at Bison or Maple Leaf. It was a disappointing meal having dined and enjoyed meals at sister restaurants.
- Rushed service, tasteless mealWoozerDined on 6/6/2014We went for date night, I'm gluten free and saw the menu had gluten free pasta I thought we would try it. But since there is an extra $4 charge for gluten free pasta I wasn't about to pay almost 30.00 for a pasta dish, waitress said was just OK. I decided to have the New York steak, med rare, it arrived cold and very rare. I sent it back and the waitress says ill just ask then to warm it up for you. Our drinks were empty most of the time. Which I could see if it was busy but she only had 2 tables. She brought our bill no mention of another drink or dessert menu. It felt like she wanted us out quick. We started at 630 and were out by 730. We decided to go to another restaurant of dessert and drinks. My husband said Rosaline pasta was good.
- Good Italian RestaurantoperafanDined on 5/21/2014This is a good, not very spicy, Italian restaurant with a varied menu. Not too expensive.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2014Went there after my new in-laws recommended it. YUM and the service was very good!!!!Special Features:
- Better value at other restaurantsValuelessDined on 5/11/2014Food not extraordinary, but price was. Pasta entrees cost $20 plus and the wine was $12 a glass. Better value elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Unfortunately we were sat down in the corner loft area of the restaurant beside a large group of twelve people. The first half hour of the dining experience was great. Decent noise level, server very attentive, appetizers were great. Once the group arrived the noise level went up, our server was no longer attentive, our wait time for our main course was much too long.Special Features:
- The best service I had in banff!brandi73Dined on 4/28/2014Made a reservation for Monday night at 6. We were greeted warmly by the hostess and shown promptly to our table. Our server came right over and introduced herself, she was amazing to say the least. Every part of the evening went so well. Jackie (our server) was knowledgable, efficient and very friendly. We felt like she truly loves her job and wanted to ensure we had a great time. The food was fabulous, authentic Italian, came out promptly and was steaming hot. All I can say is wow! Even the hostess stopped by our table to see if all was well. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Dinner in BanffMikeyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Very good traditional Italian food that met expectations.Special Features:
- good foodstienerDined on 4/18/2014The food was great but our server was inexperienced andpretty lousy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodHlapuzDined on 4/6/2014My husband and I have gone to this restaurant a few times and enjoyed our meals every time. And this was our go to place while visiting Banff. But the food has definitely changed. Or the Chef is new? Not quite sure but the dishes my husband and I and my 4 year old daughter ordered were so bland and had no flavour. We were actually quite shocked since they normally serve fantastic food. Was very disappointing and don't think we will return. I think the dinner was better last time we were in. But the lunch menu definitely needs some work.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceGeorgesDined on 4/5/2014We've been to this restaurant several times because it has something on the menu for everyone in our family. Vegetarians and carnivores will both love the variety. The service was fantastic from start to finish.Special Features: