Giorgio's Ristorante - South Orange
52 Vose Ave.
South Orange, NJ 07079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Giorgio's Ristorante - South Orange
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.giorgiosristorante.com/
- Phone: (973) 762-4440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef GIORGIO
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
A word from Giorgio's Ristorante - South Orange
Giorgio's of South Orange has always been one of the landmarks in the area. Specializing in fine Italian cuisine and catering, we have a wide range of signature soups, salads and of course, our special, main-course, all-time favorite items. We offer specials every weekend including special desserts so be sure to ask!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Giorgio's Ristorante - South Orange reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (8)romantic (5)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A thoroughly enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2014We sat in the room with the bar and although it was full the noise level was moderate. The food was exceptional and everyone was very friendly. Couldn't have asked for a nicer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A South Orange GemTioPeteVIPDined on 10/19/2014the great food and service are the reasons we dine here regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian!MrNewYearsDined on 9/30/2014This Italian-American foodie and amateur chef enjoys this restaurant! Great food, excellent service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attractive room in a nice spotBobGVIPDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant within a converted home has loads of charm. The dining room is very attractice, with excellent lighting and accoustics. The menu is faily basic yet interesting. The staff is very pleasant, however, our waiter, although friendlty, was not especially knowledgable about the dishes being offered. There were six of us for dinner, and I would say that everyone was generally satisfied with their meal, however, no one was raving. I would certainly return to this restuarant if planning to be in the area but would not make a special trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A South Orange GemTioPeteVIPDined on 9/14/2014Another totally wonderful meal-great food and service at a very reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the Giorgio's Ristorante - South Orange reviews archive.
- Good choiceNJmomDined on 6/26/2014Giorgio's restaurant was a surprisingly good find. We are not familiar with the South Orange area and do not know any of the restaurants. The food was very good and the menu had a nice variety. My only issue was that I had made a reservation on Open Table the evening before but they were not expecting our larger party. But, they quickly reacted and were able to provide terrific food and service afterwards. The waiters and owners are very pleasant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in that area and I will visit Giorgio's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, low prices!TioPeteVIPDined on 6/22/2014Another totally enjoyable meal. That's why we return to dine here regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Had another great dinner here. Sat outside and enjoyed the great weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotBulldogVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food and service is very good. Have been several times and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014I came here after my graduation and the staff was amazing and so accomodating even though we ended up coming 15 mins after our scheduled reservation (whoops!). The restaurant itself is beautiful and a very pretty family restaurant! Thanks for everything Giorgio's, the food was great and it was awesome celebrating there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014The food and service were excellent; although the portions werer too big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic!bluemoonDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food, the service was first class and the overall Ambience was top notch.Special Features:
- Waited almost 2 hours for foodGPLIVIDined on 5/11/2014We waited almost 2 hours for the food. And then it was cold. Waiter was terrible. Place was noisy. Way overpriced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Food was mediocre at best. Previous dinners there were somewhat better , but this time the food was poor. I ordered lamb chops, medium rare and they were medium to well done. My dining companions also agreed their dinners were fair. I am crossing this restaurant off my list. Sorry.Special Features:
- Great food. Not enough stafftieGuyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Found Giorgios on OpenTable and the menu and prices made it seem worth a visit. Beautifully decorated little place in the heart of South orange. Literally every special sounded like the most amazing thing in the world. The hostess (or maybe owner?) was super nice as was the waitress. I had the veal and my boyfriend had the mushroom ravioli. Both were the best we ever tasted. But no one came back to check in on how everything came out. Someone that wasn't our waitress offered a dessert menu. Then someone different came to take our order on that. Everyone was still running around. They need more staff to keep up with the buzz on the food and friendliness of staff. Def recommend if you're in NO hurry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatBulldogVIPDined on 5/2/2014The food was outstanding. The service was even better. We were not rushed ( on a Friday evening) as our waitress was very pleasant and friendly.Special Features:
- another South Orange gemTioPeteVIPDined on 5/1/2014wonderful food, service and ambiance. It's one of our favorite places to dine. The best veal and lamb dishes anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but need more servantKakawenDined on 4/18/2014We have been here for more than three times and the food didn't disappoint us. But seems they are running a bit short handed so... you know...quite a bit of waiting when you need something.Special Features:
- A quite eveningCheechDined on 4/5/2014Totally enjoyable evening picked it out on a driver by and was totally impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy italian foodSWMomVIPDined on 3/8/2014We were seated promptly, service was pleasant and food was very good. Fried calamari and garlic shrimp appetizers had good flavor. Our party of 4 all had different veal dishes and they all were tasty and nice portions. Our server was friendly and attentive. Manager came over to make sure we were enjoying our dinner.
- Great food, low prices!TioPeteVIPDined on 3/2/2014great food, ambiance and service at prices anyone can afford. best veal dishes ANYWHERE, so tender you cut it with your fork! Giorgio also makes terrific rack of baby lamb chopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly memorablesantafejaneDined on 2/22/2014Waiter had had a really bad dayvwhich he insisted on telling me about. Not trying to be insensitive but I was not buying him making his problem ours. If he wasn't doing well he should have stayed home. Salads were missing, ordered mussels became clams and the promused veg and side changed tov totally different ones when the dish arrived. in general the food we actually received was really good but I'd be more demanding next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining xperienceDocCVIPDined on 2/22/2014The waitress we had was excellent, good personality and answered any questions that we had. The bread on the table was different than what you usually get at an Italian restaurant but it was very tasty. The salads were good and the main entrees were very good and plentiful. We were a little disappointed with the fruit cake dessert. It was just alright; it it did not have in our opinion enough cake and had too much banana in it. Our main concern was that answering the phone for reservations by the bar was right near where we were sitting in the dining room. It should be located when you come into the restaurant. It took away from a wonderful evening of dining. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayHogan712Dined on 2/15/2014I took my girlfriend here for valentines day. Great food, BYOB, kind staff and perfect for a nice date night.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliversLadyJDined on 2/14/2014We are so glad they reopened in South Orange. Food is consistently yummy, ample portions, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014I love this restaurant! We go every couple months and this time we went was for a special occasion. The food is wonderful and they have great specials too. The service is honestly the best you find. They have wine for purchase but you can also BYOB which is always great! I would highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Like familyLizzieVIPDined on 1/4/2014The people at Giorgio's treat you like family! With great food, attentive service and a cozy dining room, you'll be back!Special Features:
- disappointingmeatlover1Dined on 12/21/2013I made reservations for 7:15 but didn't sit down until 8pm. It took over 2 hours to get our dinner which was very good when we received it. We wanted some Salmon on the pasta which they said they could do. The waiter came back and said they couldn't do it because it would take to much time but could do it during the week when it is less busy. When you spend a lot of money for dinner you should get what you want for dinner.
- So happy to find fine ItalianDurhamVIPDined on 12/12/2013So happy to find fine Italian food that was not heavy. Very fine flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great place to dineTioPeteVIPDined on 12/8/2013wonderful food, service and ambiance, ,another thoroughly enjoyable mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.PARKDined on 11/22/2013Janet and Giorgio always make us feel welcomed. We especially had the pleasure of having their son Tony wait on us. We had such an engaging time with him, we wanted him to join us for dessert. We love going to Giorgio's when we are in the neighborhood. Pat & Ray HanburySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No barChicagoVIPDined on 11/17/2013I took the hubby we haven't been there since it was a tapas place which had a bar. I think it should be clear there is NO BAR! Food was ok I don't think I will go back
- Pleasant experienceGARKVIPDined on 11/9/2013Go for the food! Go for the convenient location. Go for a consistency. Skip dessert.Special Features:
- This is more than our neighborhoodStateguyVIPDined on 10/19/2013This is more than our neighborhood favorite. The food is always delicious, the service friendly and welcoming. Even on a Saturday night with a private party, we had a wonderful dinner. Chicken Contadina for 2. And save room for delicious desserts. Bring a wonderful Itallan White or Red Wine and you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgio'svladeeDined on 10/18/2013Another good experience here. We were in a a hurry to see a show and they had us in and out of the place very quickly. Very nice service, great food!! Good job Georgia's.Special Features:
- Just OK.FoodiesDined on 10/12/2013The food at this restaurant was just mediocre. I had the veal saltambocca which was just average.
- We renewed acquaintances withAlfredVIPDined on 10/12/2013We renewed acquaintances with this restaurant after a multi-year absence and were delighted to discover it was as good as or even better than we had remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful place to dineTioPeteVIPDined on 10/6/2013Excellent fod and service and ambiance at reasonable prices. What more could you ask for?????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local PlaceJohnNDined on 9/27/2013While I hadn't been there in years it was as good as remembered. Attentive service excellent food.Special Features:
- A Pleasurable Dining ExperienceLesliAnn1Dined on 9/21/2013I recently hosted a dinner party for my husband's birthday. We had a rather large group and the restaurant was very accomodating. Giorgio's exceeded my expectations on all levels. The food was outstanding and the service was seamless, not always easy with a large party. Janet, Giorgio and their staff delivered an experience that we will always treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.