307 Spring Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giorgionenyc.com/
- Phone: 2123522269
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch • Monday through Friday 12:00 - 3:00 "In Between Menu" • Monday through Friday 3:00- 6:00 Dinner • Monday through Thursday 6:00 - 11:00 Friday and Saturday 6:00 - Midnight Sunday 5:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Available upon request. All details for events have to be conducted through management.
- Private Party Facilities: Giorgione offers private events for the entire restaurant or the back dining room. All details for events have to be conducted through management.
- Private Party Contact: Aisha Greene 2123522269
A word from Giorgione
Experiencing Giorgione is a feast for the senses...the moment you walk in you are taken by our modern and elegant decor outlined by a full service oyster bar. A custom made fireplace warms your body and prepares your taste buds for a truly authentic Italian table experience...from our signature fried artichokes, wood fired thin crust pizzas, to our mouth watering pasta and fish specials...the grand finale offers a flourless chocolate cake or our light yet ever so satisfying 20 layer crepe cake is heaven on a plate! If you still have room after dessert, complete your Giorgione dining experience with our cheese plate, which transports you through four regions of Italy! Giorgione is for the sophisticated palate that craves simple, authentic Italian fare coupled with an ambiance that is modern yet warm, elegant and fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Giorgione reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (16)good for groups (10)notable wine list (10)special occasion (9)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Giorgione DinnerjdnycDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed dinner overall very much but the waiter was kind of lame. I'd go back though and will...it's a block from my new apartment.Special Features:
- Just okaydocalsVIPDined on 8/8/2014The ambience was fine. The food was just okay with not much in terms of imagination or presentation. Certain items delivered to the table were different than that listed on the menu. The service was generally poor with waiters not having much of a clue. Would not return.
- Where was the waiter?goodthymeDined on 8/6/2014I like the food at Giorgione. I like the airy feeling of the restaurant. It is a very pleasant place to sit with friends and eat good, fresh food and drink very well-chosen wine. But I never feel all that welcome at Giorgione and that is because the waiters never seem to care that much whether I am there or not. This was particularly true on my latest visit there. Every time our party of four needed the waiter, we had to flag him down. And I swear that the restaurant wasn't all that busy. Now I don't need a server to be a best friend or always be at my beck and call, but a waiter at a restaurant of Giorgione's caliber should be professional enough to check in once in a while on their guests. Make us feel welcome and we'll be back.
- RupertDined on 7/17/2014We frequent Giorgione quite often,they pretty much knock it out of the box every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, creative and originalGoodfriendDined on 7/10/2014I eat lunch and dinner here often. Every meal I have had is good, with many dishes memorably delicious. Fresh, high-quality and original without being gimmicky or pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielVIPDined on 6/24/2014Great fish dishes and beautiful decor but a little too noisyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.FFW4lifeDined on 6/20/2014Food was good and the service was standard. Nothing exceptional that would make me want to come back or recommend to a friend.
- excellent all aroundAmandaRDined on 6/12/2014The food was excellent. Service was perfect. The hostess was very nice and even tried to help keep our birthday dinner surprise from the birthday girl as long as possible-even as we walked through the restaurant. Loved it.
- Italian SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/6/2014This was a great place to eat because the food was done very well, full oyster bar, great wine list and they seem to alway have space even last minute which is always very convenient in Manhattan! I really liked the menu and was very pleased with the service, I will go back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's my favoriteMichele531VIPDined on 5/30/2014I've reviewed Giorgione many times because it is my go-to place downtown for delicious food. My favorites here are the oysters and the pizzas....but everything is wonderful. Highly recommend for a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Best serviceMickeyVIPDined on 5/17/2014AJ and his amazing staff provide everything you need for an elegant and fun evening of great food and service. The food is beyond amazing. As an Italian I am very picky where I eat Italian food, and we are here almost weekly. It's that good. And the best cosmopolitans I've had were at Giorgione. You are guaranteed a perfect time when you come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janeatmercerDined on 5/15/2014Giorgione is turning into one of our favorite local spots. Always good food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- What happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/15/2014We like the food here, but the service has gone down. Also if you want your dining companions or your waiter to hear you, you should chose another place.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/11/2014A dining gem, energy and food are amazing for the neighborhood. The service reminds you as if friends were over for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 325 reviews are from the Giorgione reviews archive.
- Giorgione by GiorgioThePrinceofSoHoDined on 4/24/2014Everyone must try this hidden gem. Exceedingly well-sourced ingredients make for great eating, especially in the fresh, unadorned manner one finds here. This formula should come as no surprise to those aware that the owner is Giorgio Deluca, founder of the eponymous, legendary high-end grocery. Staples of cucina italiana, like prosciutto, are first-rate, of course. But so are imaginatively and unusually prepared dishes like the grey sole. With a capable and reasonably-priced wine list, arranged by their Italian origins, there is much to like here. And don't forget deserts — straight-forward and elegant, just like the owner.Special Features:
- Visit to NYThomasDined on 4/23/2014We arrived on time and were placed in the back away from the good atmosphere. We were impressed with the product quality, but not with the cooking. It was ok, but we felt that they underseasoned the food, and were missing details.Special Features:
- Great foodMickeyVIPDined on 4/1/2014We have been back several times and have never been disappointed. The food is outstanding and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night in terms of serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2014Giorgione has become one of my favorite restaurants to go to if I want good food and a nice civilized ambiance. Love the avocado and artichoke appetizers. Service the other night was a bit off which was not normal for them. The waiter didn't even bother coming over to check on us so I didn't have my usual perfect experience there that night. I would not hesitate to go back though. I always walk away happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodMickeyVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food is amazing. The service is good. The wine list is extensive. Ambiance is great. We've been back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/11/2014This spot used to be one of my go tos. I'd say I went at least a dozen times between 2010-2012. I stopped going so often because I moved. I was super excited to go back the other night but ended up being pretty disappointed. Everything was "fine" (except for the tuna tartare appetizer, which was fishy, & it's my fault that I didn't send it back). But "fine" isn't what Giorgione used to be-it was great back in the day. Prices have also risen dramatically. Bummer.
- One of my favesMichele531VIPDined on 3/1/2014Love everything here, especially the raw oysters and the pizzas. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu...it's all fresh and delicious! I've been coming here for years, and it's been one of my favorite restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- NYC GemOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/26/2014From the pizza to the raw bar (8 kinds of oysters East/West Coast} to their terrific specials...Giorgione's food is always excellent. The service is also impeccable and they have one of my favorite bars in the city. Very unassuming from the street, the door opens to a hustle/bustle, chic NYC eatery. Not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience and great fortt2dineDined on 2/21/2014Nice ambience and great for gormet pizzas and salads. I had brazed beef but it was over cooked. The fried artichokes were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weird experience with the hostAnnaDined on 1/29/2014I am almost 8 months pregnant, and when the host showed me to my table it was the kind where you have to squeeze in between tables with other diners on either side. With my belly I clearly wasn't going to make it without pulling out the table. I thought the server would do that, but instead he just stood there, waiting for me to sit, and finally I started to pull it out myself. But it was a bit heavy and made a loud scraping noise so I turned and asked him to help me--a bit incredulous by this time. He did so, but without a sorry or eye contact or acknowledgement of any kind. Once in I said "thank you!" and he colored just slightly but that was it. Maybe he doesn't like pregnant women? Maybe he didn't notice? Either way it was poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new special placeMickeyVIPDined on 1/24/2014We were very happy with the menu and food. The service was friendly and professional. Food is outrageous and we will be back. Prices are a tad high but worth it. Unique Italian food with regional twists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place. The foodMsMomDined on 1/12/2014Great little place. The food was delicious. Small portions but everything we ordered was very very good. Highly reccomendI would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. ThenashdashVIPDined on 1/9/2014The food was very good. The "management" of the restaurant was very nice and accommodating. Our waiter while not rude or clueless, was not what I would call attentive. It did not ruin the meal by any means but he just was not what I would call a good waiter. Two of us had pasta dishes, both were very good. One person had the lamb chops which were excellent and one person had the chicken which was also very good Very fun neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRickvDined on 1/4/2014Everything was perfect. Open table was great. We will definately use it again. We had actress Jane Lynch at the table next to us with a couple of friends. Fun evening. I would highly recommend Giorgione. Great food and great service.Special Features:
- reunionstork65Dined on 12/27/2013I met my college roommate and her family here after 15 years. Due to show tickets we were there during their "early" menu which was not the full dinner menu....it didn't matter the food and choices were wonderful. The staff took care of our large party (10) without fuss and as the restaurant filled up we were attended to just as we were when we were the only party eating dinner. I highly recommend the pizza. Great ambience, great place in a great area of Soho. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- HB to Me!Happy2returnVIPDined on 12/26/2013Eating here helped make the day fantastic! Love this place-and everything about it! My third time dining here and every plate served is delicious! Julia was a very nice and efficient waitress. We had a round of apps for the five of us: artichokes, burrata, fritto misto and endive salad. Plates were empty! Good fresh food made well & simply. Looking forward to returning. Went last NYE and it was exquisite!Special Features:
- Italy on Spring StreetTopNotch10VIPDined on 12/19/2013Slightly off the beaten track in the South Village sits that beautifully designed Italian restaurant. From the friendly welcome to excellent service and wonderfully creative food, you'll not be disappointed. The orata is served whole with bones removed and is simply heaven. All pastas are well made and perfectly seasoned. Excellent wine list. Worth the walk.Special Features:
- Always a scene -- beautifulmconVIPDined on 12/18/2013Always a scene -- beautiful people and very good food. On my most recent visit, the special fish was gone and the waiter recommended the grey sole, which I reluctantly ordered and found to be an outstanding dish! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Gem of a restaurantSarahYVIPDined on 12/14/2013What a gem of a restaurant. We loved the cozy atmosphere and the delicious food.Special Features:
- GreatLxpx89Dined on 12/7/2013Was looking for a restaurant in this area, found this on yelp and was not disappointed. Food was amazing, staff was friendly, ambiance was perfect. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The staff was professionalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/4/2013The staff was professional but not particularly friendly. Could be a bit more welcoming. This restaurant was recommended as a good place to meet someone for an early dinner with a another woman who works in the area. Perhaps we didn't meet the preferred customer demographic. At least that is how it felt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it! Gotta try it!Luv2dineDined on 11/22/2013Really had an awesome late night dinner here. Ordered the lamb and it was to die for. Also ordered the raviolis very fresh and perfectly cooked. I'm picky about my food and I could not have had a better dinner here. If I'm back in NYC again I will for sure come here again. There was a rockin' Irish bar across the street too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but very priceynopeVIPDined on 11/15/2013the food is great and the space is lovely - but it's a but over-priced compared to similar restaurants (such as Red Cat)Special Features:
- Love this PlaceCasualDinerDined on 11/15/2013Giorgione has become my favorite restaurant. Most things on the menu are excellent. It has a great atmosphere, you will never be rushed. Great place for a date, business dinner or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Italian.DocMDined on 10/19/2013Great SoHo gem. Excellent food - homemade ravioli special and brick-oven pizza were very tasty. Extensive wine list. Attentive wait staff. It was great for a Saturday evening dinner date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more...NCC150Dined on 10/8/2013We've had our dinner reservation at 7pm for four-all seemed great and the atmosphere and decor were nice, indeed. As much as I wanted this experience to be more then wonderful, but unfortunately it wasn't. Food was fresh, but nothing exciting, average, really (Tuna Tartar needed more spices or salt snd the guacamole under the tuna tasted like was from the pre-made jar). Waiters were absolutely non-attentive-I kept 'flagging' bus-boys to bring water or get waiter's attention (note: it was Tuesday night-not that busy). Overall: beautiful modern decor, wonderful wine list, but food quite a disappointment for the restaurant of such caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.