307 Spring Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giorgionenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 352-2269
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch • Monday through Friday 12:00 - 3:00 "In Between Menu" • Monday through Friday 3:00- 6:00 Dinner • Monday through Thursday 6:00 - 11:00 Friday and Saturday 6:00 - Midnight Sunday 5:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Available upon request. All details for events have to be conducted through management.
- Private Party Facilities: Giorgione offers private events for the entire restaurant or the back dining room. All details for events have to be conducted through management.
- Private Party Contact: Aisha Greene 2123522269
A word from Giorgione
Experiencing Giorgione is a feast for the senses...the moment you walk in you are taken by our modern and elegant decor outlined by a full service oyster bar. A custom made fireplace warms your body and prepares your taste buds for a truly authentic Italian table experience...from our signature fried artichokes, wood fired thin crust pizzas, to our mouth watering pasta and fish specials...the grand finale offers a flourless chocolate cake or our light yet ever so satisfying 20 layer crepe cake is heaven on a plate! If you still have room after dessert, complete your Giorgione dining experience with our cheese plate, which transports you through four regions of Italy! Giorgione is for the sophisticated palate that craves simple, authentic Italian fare coupled with an ambiance that is modern yet warm, elegant and fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Giorgione reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (27)romantic (16)notable wine list (15)special occasion (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- a shameOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/20/2014I really wanted to like it. local, beautiful , wood fire place, great menu. Sadly the server consistently demonstrated zero warmth ( when he did deign to stop by), and a minimal automaton professionalism. While my entree was inedible, the Jerusalem artichokes were delicious and the manager seemed genuine in his concern for our disappointing experience. Oh well....Many great Italian restaurants in the city
- Never misses a beatFoodJunkyNYCVIPDined on 11/18/2014Forgione is a great neighborhood spot. I just moved to TriBeCa and there are not many reasonably-priced cozy restaurants- a lot of places are more "destination" i.e. Nobu, Mr. Chow's, etc. I haven't had a bad meal here. Most recently we had the margarita pizza, fried artichokes and branzino, followed by the poached pear dessert. All items were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarinaCocoDined on 11/17/2014This restaurant has been a neighborhood gem for years. The food is great, the place very cozy and the service is perfect. I have been eating there so many times and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will be pleasedSIfoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014You can't go wrong here. Everything on the menu is excellent including the service and of course many thanks to AJ. We always come for the oysters, the best in NYC in my opinion. The pizza's are also great. Had the cavatelli pasta on our last visit and it was fresh and wonderful. As I said, no matter what you order, you will be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert dinner.DishDined on 10/30/2014We've gone to this place for our pre concert meal and drinks numerous times. We've always been very pleased with the food, service and ambiance. It's been an enjoyable start to our evening every time.Special Features:
- Second time aroundLaurieposVIPDined on 10/23/2014This was my second visit to Georgione and it was as good as the first.try the truffle pizza,fried artichoke,veal chop,halibut&bucacini...for dessert The cheescake& choc tart were superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice setting-great ambianceMsFoodieDined on 10/15/2014Very nice, upscsale restaurant-great ambiance-very good food-enjoyed the fritattaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly love itmichieDined on 10/10/2014I have never been disappointed at Giorgione - love the artichokes. These alone are worth a trip. This time around I ordered the grilled baby octopus which was somewhat tough. If it were tender, it would have been a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giorgione still great...evavitaVIPDined on 10/3/2014I have been going to Giorgione for 10+ years and I love it. Great pasta, fish, frito misto, salad and the pizza? Yum! It's smart and casual at the same time...light but cost with fireplace. We had hot waiter (yowza) although I suspect he played for the other team. Just a consistently great place that you can sit at the bar and eat alone or bring a party of eight and they make you all feel welcome. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit to restaurant.lvsmallrestaurantsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Nice location lower West Side...Great Oyster bar at the front of restaurant next to regular Bar...Smart Idea...Nice selection of West/East coast oysters....Great selection of various foods on the Italian menu....best Tuna Tartare I have ever had with avocado....Nice selection of Italian Wine, and the service was perfect....Will go back many times. WarrenSpecial Features:
- still greatnonameVIPDined on 9/15/2014I hadn't been here for probably 5 years and am happy to report nothing's changed...in a good way! So nice to find a restaurant that is still focused on good food, good service and lovely ambiance, rather than pandering to the latest crowd and the latest trend!Special Features:
- One of my favoritestintagel74Dined on 8/29/2014It's a great place. Good food, nice ambience. Have been here many times. Get's pretty noisy at the back of the restaurant as the sound echoes around the room there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giorgione DinnerjdnycDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed dinner overall very much but the waiter was kind of lame. I'd go back though and will...it's a block from my new apartment.Special Features:
- Just okaydocalsVIPDined on 8/8/2014The ambience was fine. The food was just okay with not much in terms of imagination or presentation. Certain items delivered to the table were different than that listed on the menu. The service was generally poor with waiters not having much of a clue. Would not return.
- Where was the waiter?goodthymeVIPDined on 8/6/2014I like the food at Giorgione. I like the airy feeling of the restaurant. It is a very pleasant place to sit with friends and eat good, fresh food and drink very well-chosen wine. But I never feel all that welcome at Giorgione and that is because the waiters never seem to care that much whether I am there or not. This was particularly true on my latest visit there. Every time our party of four needed the waiter, we had to flag him down. And I swear that the restaurant wasn't all that busy. Now I don't need a server to be a best friend or always be at my beck and call, but a waiter at a restaurant of Giorgione's caliber should be professional enough to check in once in a while on their guests. Make us feel welcome and we'll be back.
- The following 336 reviews are from the Giorgione reviews archive.
- RupertDined on 7/17/2014We frequent Giorgione quite often,they pretty much knock it out of the box every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, creative and originalGoodfriendDined on 7/10/2014I eat lunch and dinner here often. Every meal I have had is good, with many dishes memorably delicious. Fresh, high-quality and original without being gimmicky or pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielVIPDined on 6/24/2014Great fish dishes and beautiful decor but a little too noisyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.FFW4lifeDined on 6/20/2014Food was good and the service was standard. Nothing exceptional that would make me want to come back or recommend to a friend.
- excellent all aroundAmandaRDined on 6/12/2014The food was excellent. Service was perfect. The hostess was very nice and even tried to help keep our birthday dinner surprise from the birthday girl as long as possible-even as we walked through the restaurant. Loved it.
- Italian SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/6/2014This was a great place to eat because the food was done very well, full oyster bar, great wine list and they seem to alway have space even last minute which is always very convenient in Manhattan! I really liked the menu and was very pleased with the service, I will go back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's my favoriteMichele531VIPDined on 5/30/2014I've reviewed Giorgione many times because it is my go-to place downtown for delicious food. My favorites here are the oysters and the pizzas....but everything is wonderful. Highly recommend for a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Best serviceMickeyVIPDined on 5/17/2014AJ and his amazing staff provide everything you need for an elegant and fun evening of great food and service. The food is beyond amazing. As an Italian I am very picky where I eat Italian food, and we are here almost weekly. It's that good. And the best cosmopolitans I've had were at Giorgione. You are guaranteed a perfect time when you come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janeatmercerDined on 5/15/2014Giorgione is turning into one of our favorite local spots. Always good food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- What happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/15/2014We like the food here, but the service has gone down. Also if you want your dining companions or your waiter to hear you, you should chose another place.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/11/2014A dining gem, energy and food are amazing for the neighborhood. The service reminds you as if friends were over for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giorgione by GiorgioThePrinceofSoHoDined on 4/24/2014Everyone must try this hidden gem. Exceedingly well-sourced ingredients make for great eating, especially in the fresh, unadorned manner one finds here. This formula should come as no surprise to those aware that the owner is Giorgio Deluca, founder of the eponymous, legendary high-end grocery. Staples of cucina italiana, like prosciutto, are first-rate, of course. But so are imaginatively and unusually prepared dishes like the grey sole. With a capable and reasonably-priced wine list, arranged by their Italian origins, there is much to like here. And don't forget deserts — straight-forward and elegant, just like the owner.Special Features:
- Visit to NYThomasDined on 4/23/2014We arrived on time and were placed in the back away from the good atmosphere. We were impressed with the product quality, but not with the cooking. It was ok, but we felt that they underseasoned the food, and were missing details.Special Features:
- Great foodMickeyVIPDined on 4/1/2014We have been back several times and have never been disappointed. The food is outstanding and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night in terms of serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2014Giorgione has become one of my favorite restaurants to go to if I want good food and a nice civilized ambiance. Love the avocado and artichoke appetizers. Service the other night was a bit off which was not normal for them. The waiter didn't even bother coming over to check on us so I didn't have my usual perfect experience there that night. I would not hesitate to go back though. I always walk away happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodMickeyVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food is amazing. The service is good. The wine list is extensive. Ambiance is great. We've been back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/11/2014This spot used to be one of my go tos. I'd say I went at least a dozen times between 2010-2012. I stopped going so often because I moved. I was super excited to go back the other night but ended up being pretty disappointed. Everything was "fine" (except for the tuna tartare appetizer, which was fishy, & it's my fault that I didn't send it back). But "fine" isn't what Giorgione used to be-it was great back in the day. Prices have also risen dramatically. Bummer.
- One of my favesMichele531VIPDined on 3/1/2014Love everything here, especially the raw oysters and the pizzas. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu...it's all fresh and delicious! I've been coming here for years, and it's been one of my favorite restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- NYC GemWinstonSmythVIPDined on 2/26/2014From the pizza to the raw bar (8 kinds of oysters East/West Coast} to their terrific specials...Giorgione's food is always excellent. The service is also impeccable and they have one of my favorite bars in the city. Very unassuming from the street, the door opens to a hustle/bustle, chic NYC eatery. Not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience and great fortt2dineDined on 2/21/2014Nice ambience and great for gormet pizzas and salads. I had brazed beef but it was over cooked. The fried artichokes were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weird experience with the hostAnnaDined on 1/29/2014I am almost 8 months pregnant, and when the host showed me to my table it was the kind where you have to squeeze in between tables with other diners on either side. With my belly I clearly wasn't going to make it without pulling out the table. I thought the server would do that, but instead he just stood there, waiting for me to sit, and finally I started to pull it out myself. But it was a bit heavy and made a loud scraping noise so I turned and asked him to help me--a bit incredulous by this time. He did so, but without a sorry or eye contact or acknowledgement of any kind. Once in I said "thank you!" and he colored just slightly but that was it. Maybe he doesn't like pregnant women? Maybe he didn't notice? Either way it was poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new special placeMickeyVIPDined on 1/24/2014We were very happy with the menu and food. The service was friendly and professional. Food is outrageous and we will be back. Prices are a tad high but worth it. Unique Italian food with regional twists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place. The foodMsMomDined on 1/12/2014Great little place. The food was delicious. Small portions but everything we ordered was very very good. Highly reccomendI would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. ThenashdashVIPDined on 1/9/2014The food was very good. The "management" of the restaurant was very nice and accommodating. Our waiter while not rude or clueless, was not what I would call attentive. It did not ruin the meal by any means but he just was not what I would call a good waiter. Two of us had pasta dishes, both were very good. One person had the lamb chops which were excellent and one person had the chicken which was also very good Very fun neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRickvDined on 1/4/2014Everything was perfect. Open table was great. We will definately use it again. We had actress Jane Lynch at the table next to us with a couple of friends. Fun evening. I would highly recommend Giorgione. Great food and great service.Special Features: