3800 Pacific Avenue
Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gioiaristorante.com/
- Phone: 609-729-0120
- Hours of Operation:
Gioia Ristorante is temporarily closed until 2/7/13.
ALA CARTE DINING CLOSED TIL SPRING
PLEASE CALL FOR PRIVATE PARTIES AND BANQUETS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, French American
- Executive Chef: E. Andrew Skilton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Gioia provides on or off-site catering for any event no matter how small or large. Our chef will personally assist you in selections from our extensive menu or can accommodate your own personal choices.
- Private Party Facilities: Gioia Ristorante has over 8000 Sq Ft. of dining areas including both private and semi-private rooms to provide your party with a world class dining experience. Indoor and outdoor bar options, Catering, Two Banquet rooms, Dance Floor, Wedding accommodations.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra LaMonaca 609-729-0120
- Entertainment: Please contact Gioia for various entertainment provided throughout the season.
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cigar Dinners, Private Functions, Weddings, Showers, Any Special Event
A word from Gioia Ristorante
Dine at Gioia Ristorante and experience the authentic taste of Italy. Eclectic and traditionally prepared dishes compliment a warm comfortable setting. Gioia Ristorante offers ample seating, private dining areas,outdoor patio seating, al Fresco Bar, as well as a full bar indoors with an award winning Wine List. The menu is a creation from the owners, The LaMonaca Family, born in Chieti and Genoa Italy & have owned restaurants for 24 years.Fusion cuisine is brought to us by our executive chef and GM, Andrew, who trained with the top chefs in Italy and achieved five star dining in Cape May. Our dishes boast the freshest ingredients to insure a delightful dining occasion. A modernized menu includes our eclectic clientele by adding French specialties, Daily Mouthwatering Specials, and a Lite Bite Option.Relax at our wine bar or the al fresco patio bar and sample our fresh puree martinis or superior wine selections that cannot be found anywhere in the Wildwoods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gioia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Found this place on OpenTable,kimkDined on 9/8/2012Found this place on OpenTable, asked for a recomendation at the hotel, they told us to go to another place, we decided to stay the course with this one. Upon arrival, we were sat at a large round banquet table for eight, there were five of us (rather impersonal). Once seated, we were then told that the band starts in one hour and asked if we had a problem with that....at that point, how do you leave and try to find another place on a saturday night?? We had tickets to a comedy show and time did not allow for that. Waitress was nice to a fault, just kept apologizing as she usually works the patio not the dining room and did not have answers to our questions. Apps came out and were good, salad was delivered and the fire alarm went off?!
- A Must Try RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012This is one of the best restaurants I have been to in a few years. Top shelf all around; food, drinks (have to try their signature martinis), service, even desert was amazing. Ambience was 5 star all the way. Relaxed dining with no rush between courses.Special Features:
- Not the Italian food thatJS68VIPDined on 8/16/2012Not the Italian food that keeps you coming back, wine list way over priced
- Affordable Upscale DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012We dined at the previous restaurant at this location in March and were not pleased with the food quality or service. The hostess seemed like a circus sideshow and her treatment of customers she didn't know was rude and short. When we saw this new place open we decided to give it a try. We were more than happily surprised by the comfortable atmosphere and food quality was above fantastic. The wine list offered so many selections at $20-$25 a bottle there was simply no reason not to try one of the several glasses offered that you don't see many places outside of cape may. We have been dining in the Wildwoods and Cape May for over 10 years and have to say that this is one of the best ones yet. A MUST try in Wildwood.Special Features:
- Was Gia's Ristorante whenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Was Gia's Ristorante when we dined there. My understanding is there are new owners & a new Chef.
- DON'T BE FOOLED IT'S NOT GIA'S !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Ok I'm confused I went to Gia's for years and was excited cause I called and they said it was Gia with a bar and that Beth and Mia were there. So I get there and the name looked different but similar so i went in and was told it was the same place. Ok so I sat and looked for a familiar face and checked the reviews and they had Gia's reviews then I find out it was a knock off no beth no Mia and the menu was a fake Gia menu this can't be legal I was blown away at this fraud I was lied to and the food was an awful copy and the service was worse this can't be real that someone would copy a place so bad and how did they get Gia's phone number please if anyone knows where the real Gia's is post it what a fraud Giola.....IT"S NOT GIA"S YOU CROOKS!
- Don't going during summer....servicOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2011Don't going during summer....service was horrible and the wait was so long people in our party wanted to leave.
- One of the best restaurantsWeekendDinerDined on 6/4/2011One of the best restaurants at the shore. Wildwood has a lot of places that may not be gems for dining but Gia's is the diamond in the rough.Special Features:
- From the moment we enter tobroodersDined on 8/8/2009From the moment we enter to the time we leave we are always made to feel special at Gia's. Our out of town guests cleaned their plates with the exception of 1 who couldn't get enough of the side dish of pasta and marinara sauce. We enjoyed her Veal Sorrento the next day as a pre dinner delight. The Sicilian calamari was delish as usual with long hots instead of cherry peppers. My husband and I both opted for the Veal Gia and were not dissapointed. More than tender medallions of veal accompanied by the freshest most succulent shrimp I have had in ages. Perfectly cooked asparagus and yummy marsala sauce completed the dish. Chicken Chiarello was moist and tender, filled with proscuitto and cheese with another yummy sauce with lemon.Special Features:
- Gia is a neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/6/2009Gia is a neighborhood restaurant. Did not know there was off street parking available until we had diligently searched for a spot on the street. The food was good as was the service and ambience.Special Features:
- I thought the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2009I thought the food was very good, the only exception was mussles with white sauce - it was very bland other than that everyone's food at my table was wonderful. The waiter was exceptional, very attentive and although he did not write anything down he got all 7 of our orders perfect. The atmosphere was fine, however, there was a table with several children and they were quite loud. I would go back again though!Special Features:
- Waiter was fine. Food wasRobertDined on 7/23/2009Waiter was fine. Food was average. Wrong entree served but quickly corrected. This resulted in an undercooked dinner. Be careful when ordering the specials. Specials described but price is not mentioned. 2 arugala salads for $30 and about 10 clams in the steamed clam special for $15...definitly overpriced. Overall I think the price point was expensive for the quality of food...but where can you find a good restaraunt at a fair price down the shore?
- The service issues becameOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/15/2009The service issues became apparent as soon as we were seated as the waiter could not recite the specials with out laughing at other tables jokes or looking at my pregnant wife's breasts! Shortly after that we ordered a appetizer of calamari which was about a 1/3 the size (& twice the price) of any other restaurant and over cooked. Wiles this is a BYOB restaurant you would thing that getting a water glass refilled would not be a major ordeal, again I was wrong as we went dry for about 20 minutes till dinner arrived. When it came my wife's dish was wrong but at this point we gave up and just ate as we wanted out. Over all i would not rate this place higher that a pizza stand on the boardwalk, at least there you can get a glass o
- I actually enjoyed the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2009I actually enjoyed the food, G friend said her food was TOO spicy (" who puts red pepper in spaghetti and asparagus") she says.....had to agree, but i like da hot stuff so to me it was very enjoyable....Service was excellent .....after we found WHO had our table....Excellent desserts!...Place lacked something..tho, can't put my finger on it :(Special Features:
- Another terrific meal at Gia's.broodersDined on 7/8/2009Another terrific meal at Gia's. Mia, Beth & Vince's beautiful daughter, prepared our Sicilian calamari to perfection. If we could have licked the dish without anyone noticing we would have. Our light, fra diavolo broth "brodo" with seafood for 2 over linquine was light and very flavorful. We finished with the refreshing limoncello gelato. Our server John was very friendly and provided great service as usual. Last but certainly not least is the co-owner Bethie who always makes us feel so welcome and just like family.Special Features:
- Better than a typical NJ shoreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2009Better than a typical NJ shore restaurant..but WAAYY overpriced for the quality
- Food was very good BUT $$$$OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2009Food was very good BUT $$$$ for the "Specials" was a real treat on the bill. Please ask in advance or expect the unexpected. Plan ahead by making reservations but you still will wait 15 minutes or so to be seated. Service was very slow. It was almost 2 hours from the time we arrived to the time we left. Which is fine for us because we were with friends. We would go back and would recommend it.Special Features:
- The food was very pricy forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2009The food was very pricy for the poor quality. There was a lot of chaos between the bus boys very distracting during dinner.
- Gia was as always a treat.TonyDined on 5/9/2009Gia was as always a treat. Outstanding dishes, great portions wonderful service. We brought a friend with us on this visit who was blown away. We can't wait to return as a new menu is in the near future and eating our way through it will be a delicious priority.Special Features:
- My two girlfriends and I enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2009My two girlfriends and I enjoyed another wonderful evening at Gia's on Friday. The food is outstanding and the waitstaff is sooooo friendly and fun! We cannot wait to go again.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to GiaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/11/2009My husband and I went to Gia for the first time for a birthday dinner. The server was very friendly and attentive. The restaurant seems to attract large family groups with kids, so even though we had a 7 pm reservation, in the future I would go later to ensure the little kids are gone.Special Features:
- The appetizers were huge andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2009The appetizers were huge and very good. We had the Sicilian calamari & argula salad both were vry good & would be enough food for 4 people. We ordered from their specials of the day, a veal chop & a steak. The veal chop looked as it could have been on the cover of Bon Appetit - but it was not cooked properly. The steak again looked very appetizing, but the cut of meat was poor & it was rare inside. IAt was very difficult to cut. The two specials also had too many ingredients going on.
- Food as always was good howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009Food as always was good however service was not the best. Our waiter was overwhelmed and we suffered. We had to ask 3 or 4 times for Pellegrino water and finally got someone else to get for us. Had a 7:30 reservation and never got our dinner til after 9:00pm. Then he forgot our pasta side dish and ended up just bringing out a bowl family style. At end of dinner came up and said any dessert oh and by the way we dont have any coffee...Then did not even give us a dessert menu. We have been there before and did not have this problem. So not sure if Valentines day had him overwhelmed but felt he could have been better.
- What an awful place. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2009What an awful place. The service was ridiculously bad (a bunch of immature high schoolers). We were dying of thirst and, along with the table next to us, asked for water several times to no avail. We eventually got up and got our own. I ordered an expensive cut of veal which was cooked nicely; however, it was drenched in a sauce that tasted simply like burnt salt. I sent it back, and then they actually tried to make me pay for it because they said was "half-eaten." Plus, it's way overpriced for a restaurant in Wildwood. I will never go back to this place and recommend you to avoid it at all costs.Special Features:
- This dining experience wasDoubleDVIPDined on 2/14/2009This dining experience was on Valentine's Day. The food was very good and the service was fine, but getting our food took a long time to come out. The kitchen staff was probably overwhelmed with the large number of diners.Special Features:
- As always Gia was fantasticTonyDined on 1/30/2009As always Gia was fantastic can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- This was not a good diningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/9/2009This was not a good dining experience. Fortunately we had a great waiter. After my husband went looking for someone, he finally found the hostess coming in from having a cigarette. She looked like she worked in a strip club instead of restaurant. There was not much ambience, and only a few other couples there. I ordered the special salad which was so covered in dressing I could not eat it. Our entrees were okay. I had the house specialty(chicken stuffed with mozzarella and pancetta), and my husband had the chicken marsala. The entire dinner we had to listen to the hostess in a very raspy loud voice talk to two men who she obviously knew while they were finishing their meal. We will not return or recommend.
- Gia was wonderful. Like visitingTonyDined on 1/9/2009Gia was wonderful. Like visiting old friends, for a fantastic feast.Special Features:
- It was our first time to Gia.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2008It was our first time to Gia. Usually at any restaurant you go to on New Year's Eve, it has a couple of items on the menu & it's usually mediocre. Not here. We walked in & it was like we walked into a wonderful friends home! Our waitress was great! She never neglected us & the food was delicious. True Italian food. They even had specials. And the sizes of the portions are more than enough. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- As always Gia was a treat.TonyDined on 10/18/2008As always Gia was a treat. Nice people, great food, a relaxed enjoyable dinner. The fried Calamari were so crisp and light, and a portion that 2 of us could not finish. My favorite the Veal Milanese was perfect. My wife's pork chop pounded thin and prepared in the Milanese style, was so moist on the inside and delightful crisp on the outside, it will be hard not to order them both again on our next visit.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008The food was fantastic and the prices were decent until you order the special which cost 44.95 for veal shank. I don’t mind paying for good food I just would like a little notice when an entrée special cost more then anything else on the menu!!!! Other wise on another positive they started selling wine but they only have 2-6 bottle to choose from but that’s great because it’s still BYOB kind of restaurant.Special Features:
- From the very perky hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/16/2008From the very perky hostess to the attentive waiter John and his helper the staff was great. Food we selected was a tad pricy but superb. The bread was very good as was the chef provided starter of cucumber salad. Our meal was so good and the portions so generous that we had to pass on dessert.This was a return visit and we were not disappointd.Special Features:
- Our meal at Gia on SaturdayTonyDined on 9/27/2008Our meal at Gia on Saturday was FANTASTIC! We were greated like old friends, everyone at Gia is so warm and friendly, you can't help but feel at home. We had a fabulous meal. The orange salad is always one of my favorites. We both had veal, pefectly done, and a portion enough for two meals (so good though I could not stop). If your at the Jersey shore don't miss GIA its worth the trip from anywhere.Special Features:
- I frequent this restaurantJfinnDined on 9/6/2008I frequent this restaurant often and have never had a bad meal. The staff is friendly and teh food is delicious.Special Features:
- Obviously I knew a holidayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2008Obviously I knew a holiday weekend wasn't going to bring out the best in any location but Gia was able to provide a group of us with solid, if not very good food. Service was scattered and provided by a myriad of people... they were attentive. I don't think specials should be recited unless prices given - knowing what they cost would definitely made me think twice as well as others in my party to order them. I would say as a BYOB it definitely helps... The hostess/owner is very nice and took care of one major faux pas.Special Features:
- Everyone was nice, serviceJacquieD55Dined on 8/28/2008Everyone was nice, service & food were good, but I have a complaint. Specials were recited without price. Considering we were in a tiny BYOB in Wildwood I wasn't too concerned. I don't mind paying for a good meal, but one expects specials to be in line with menu prices. I had the veal chop special...nice, but over sauced. I was stunned to find it on the check @ $48.95! The next night we ate at an upscale Cape May restaurant. We had a bottle of wine, dinner & dessert & the checks were only $4 apart. The CM specials were recited with price, we prefer it that way. If we decide to go for a $50 chop it's an informed decesion, the other way we feel like we've been bamboozled. Give diners the choice, don't trick them, it's demeaning.Special Features:
- Gia's fineness is GREATLYJJGGDined on 8/23/2008Gia's fineness is GREATLY EXAGGERATED. When you walk in, there is no hostess station, or order to greeting you. Eventually after 4 people say " we'll be right with you", they actually seat you . With it's noise volume and tight quarters, it is neither suited for romance, or divorce. The food, WHEN you get it, is good. Service, attention to detail by staff, and quality of staff make the dining experience no more then a rest stop. Appetizers took 45 minutes once ordered, after sending back calamari with womens hair in it. Dinners came a while later as well. Very odd, being the only Male of 4 people that i was served first, and my wife last every time. Not worth wasting your time or $
- Very loud due to some largebroodersDined on 7/26/2008Very loud due to some large parties but still one of our favorite restaurants in Wildwood. Veal Gia was exceptional as well as the fruite da mar! Our favorite salad bella mia was great as usual. Of course Bethie was her wonderful self as we always look forward to seeing her. We will surely be back soon!Special Features:
- This restaurant is a mustOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2008This restaurant is a must when going to Wildwood! The food and service were superb!Special Features:
- I would go again. Its veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2008I would go again. Its very respectable. The service is outstanding. The waiter could have been a little more knowledgeable about the Menu. He was knew, so that was understandable.Special Features: