Gino's West Glen
5513 Mills Civic Parkway, Suite 100
West Des Moines, IA 50266Neighborhood:
West Des Moines
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gino's West Glen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ginosfoodsdsm.com/
- Phone: 5152262320
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:0pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gino's West Glen will deliver everything you need to make your gathering a memorable experience. Food will be delivered hot, fresh, and ready to be served.
- Private Party Facilities: We feature two different private dining areas. One is semi-private and is located in our Mezzanine area, which overlooks the restaurant. This area can seat up to 40 people comfortably for dinner. Our second private dining area is completely private and features its own full bar. This area can seat 80-100 people comfortably for dinner and is great for company meetings and dinners, private parties, and many other private functions!
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Walton 5152262320
A word from Gino's West Glen
Gino's is a family establishment that has been in Des Moines for nearly 50 years. We have just recently opened a second location in the West Glen Town Center featuring many of our classic favorite dishes as well as a great Martini Menu and an extensive wine list to add to your dining experience! Buon appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gino's West Glen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good..., but not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Though we had a reservation and arrived sharp on time, we had to wait for quite a while before we had a seat. The wait staff were good and professional. Great location and kid-friendly. The appetizers were extra-generously portioned. However, the main dish (I ordered Grilled chicken Italian style) was under-seasoned and pretty boring. I requested for my potatoes to be cooked with garlic butter sauce, but I did not get a hint of it either. Tomato basil soup tasted like it was straight of the can with some cheese on it. We ordered a bowl of soup and had to waste it after a few sips. I would expect a little bit more flavor in the food, particularly if I'm paying $50 for food for three.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013The food was great and the wait staff was also good. However, I was annoyed that we had confirmed reservations, yet still had to wait 15 minutes for our table. Makes me wonder what the point of reservation is for. However we will be back because overall its a great experience.Special Features:
- The service was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013The service was amazing. Our waitress was on top of things and the food was great too!Special Features:
- Even though we made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Even though we made reservations it did not matter the waitress didn`t know how to use the system anyway,the food was ok but the waitress didn`t follow my simple request of putting my vegetables on the side.When she finally came back to check on us she asked if we were interested in having dessert we said yes but then she didn`t come back for at least 15 min. so we told her no thanks and just paid the tab !!!
- Our server wasn't the best,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013Our server wasn't the best, and our wait for a table even tho we had a reservation was unreal.Special Features:
- We had been to Gino's WestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013We had been to Gino's West last May, and was soooo impressed with the seasonings and flavor of the steaks that we had. Because it was by birthday, we decided to come back. The food was ok, but there was not nearly the flavor that was had the last time that we were there. Vegetables were not good. Basically, we were really disappointed in the experience. The only bright spot was the service which was good. I was not happy that we had made a reservation, but walk in's got seated before us. Not sure if we will ever go back. I don't mind paying extra for a spot if it is worth it, but this was not.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our NewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Thoroughly enjoyed our New Year's Eve dining experience. The food, ambiance (including live jazz pianist)and service were noteworthy. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great server!LuxLuvsFoodDined on 12/31/2012Great service! Dined on New Year's Eve and even though it was busy Jodi, our server, made us feel very welcome and never rushed. Still sentimental to the food at the Original Gino's ...but almost as good.Special Features:
- We had an OUTSTANDING server.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We had an OUTSTANDING server. Very pleasant and attentive even though he had to climb many stairs, all evening to serve us. Had a great spot by the fire on a cold winter night and Scott Smith played the piano and sang in the background. All in all, an excellent evening.
- The three of us were the onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012The three of us were the only ones there...made you wonder.
- The only negative was we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012The only negative was we were not seated until 45 minutes past our reservation. So, I'm not sure why they even take reservations.Special Features:
- Went there for a holiday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Went there for a holiday lunch gathering. The wait staff was very slow, and it really wasn't that busy. We didn't get our bread basket until we almost done with our meals. The food was OK, but the mediterranean pasta was very greasy.Special Features:
- Great ambiance! Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012My husband and I happened into Gino's just because it was close to the hotel at which we were staying. We were VERY pleasantly surprised by how wonderful our experience was. A gentleman playing the piano and serenading; a very attractive bar, full of patrons laughing and enjoying themselves; fireplace glowing and warm; very short wait to be seated; pleasant, friendly waitress; exceptional food and drinks. Nothing more I could have asked for, except that this restaurant be closer to where I live (which is three hours away.). I definitely plan on dining at Gino's West again next time I am in West Des Moines.Special Features:
- We will never book a partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012We will never book a party ever again and will tell as many people we can. The manager did a very poor job at dealing with the problems that night as well. Our reservation was at 7:30. We didn't get served until almost 9:30. When the food came out it was cold. The waitress was very rude rather than apologetic.
- Our waitress was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Our waitress was awesome! It was for a family birthday and it was a great time and great food as always!Special Features:
- Food is good staples, withYumeFishDined on 12/1/2012Food is good staples, with great flair of ambiance with piano table going.Special Features:
- Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012We had made a reservation in advance of our visit, but still had to wait almost 45 minutes for a table and the host wasn't very good at being available and keeping us informed how long it would be. Server was pleasant, courteous and attentive. It was a nice table but cold air blew down on us the whole meal which made it a little hard to enjoy. It was also sometimes hard to hear and enjoy conversation because of the volume of noise in the restaurant. The piano player was on the other end of the restaurant but it sounded like he was a few feet away. Food was good with a nice selection, but our group agreed that everything was overpriced for what we received.
- Always good Italian food -MarybeeVIPDined on 11/3/2012Always good Italian food - and, apparently, lots of people agree as the place was packed!Special Features:
- Food, drinks and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Food, drinks and service were fantastic. Would definitely go again. Great GNO or date night. Great for group events.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Everything was perfect. It was our first time there and we will definately be back! Thank you!Special Features:
- I had the salmon salad andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2012I had the salmon salad and the five other people in my party all ordered other various items from the menu and we all loved it! Would go here again in a heart beat!Special Features:
- Took a business group thereElmo2621Dined on 10/23/2012Took a business group there for dinner. Everyone in the group was from out of town. THey all commented on the great food and good drinks! The service was very good and friendly. They would all like to make another visit when they are back in town.Special Features:
- Probably the only thing thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Probably the only thing that decreased the evaluation was that the table was not ready for us when we arrived and it was quite a while before it was ready. We waited at the bar which was okay - not normally a preference though, but had to check again if the table was getting ready.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our evening. Had toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Enjoyed our evening. Had to ask for air to be shut down,very cool at our booth. Waitress very pleasent could have check on us a few more times but all in all great job. Food came promply and excellent. We will be back. Pricing is more than fair.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Went there for my birthday - first time going - the place is absolutely beautiful inside. The food was good - would definitely go back there.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012I've been to Gino's West Glen a total of 4 times now, and each time has been the same; horrible. At first we marked up our bad experience to ordering the wrong thing and getting a bad waitress. We should have stopped there... Each time we went, the servers were completely dismissive, unhelpful, and almost seemed annoyed with our presence and any requests. Be prepared to wait 20 minutes for drinks, to order, and to get the bread and salad that come with your meal. Two out of the four times, our order was wrong. It was unbearably cold, so cold in fact that just about everyone on our side of the restaurant had to complain before they did anything about it (turned the air off for 5 minutes, then put it back on until they heard complaints again)
- Lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012We had a 7:00 reservation, but were told to wait in the crowded lobby with other diners who had walked in without a reservation. After a 25 minute wait, I reminded the hostess we were waiting. She had forgotten about us, but seated us next at a table in the bar where we waited another 10 minutes for a server. The service was terrible throughout the meal. We had to stop our waitress three times to ask for water, she delivered the wrong food to our table TWICE, she got my husband's drink order wrong 3 times, and never brought him a steak knife after the right dinner orders were finally delivered. We requested the check after another 30 minute wait. When she finally delivered it, another diner's credit card was attached.
- Good food with a lot of noise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Food is very good, just a tad pricey. Noise level is good for kids, hard to have a conversation across a large table. We will not go again, but will return to the original Gino's for fine food!
- Steak de burgo is always great.ekeohbDined on 10/1/2012Steak de burgo is always great. Overall good food. Key Lime pie was not a good choice. More like cheesecake and very little key lime. We learned that it is not made at the restaurant. Waitress was excellent.Special Features:
- My waitress was gorgeous.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2012My waitress was gorgeous. Have her give me a call!Special Features:
- Overall Good SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Made a reservation for 7.15 via Open Table and was seated at 7.45. To be fair it was Homecoming night and it was jammed. Had to revisit Hostess three times to remind her we had been waiting. Crabby bartender. Once seated though, good food and good service made up for the confusion at the front desk. Wife had the Steak Birgo(really good, cooked perfectly)I had baked cavatelli, also good and reheated nicely. Half order of O-rings were plenty for two and really good. No room for dessert. Would go back, but not on Homecoming or prom nights!
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012Food and service were very good. Gino's West is modern and upscale, yet casual and friendly. Excellent sandwiches for lunch. The half sandwich, cup of soup and small salad item is a very nice lunch at $9. The half order of cavatelli is a nice lunch offering.Special Features:
- We still prefer the originalOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2012We still prefer the original Gino's, but it's nice to be able to go to a location in WDM. The interior looked a little worn for a restaurant so new. We had 3 school age children with us. The server was considerate and patient with the kids, which is wonderful. The outdoor seating overlooking the fountain is a great option. Food was good - not great - but good for the price.Special Features:
- Our reservation was at 7 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Our reservation was at 7 pm and we were immediately seated. Our server was amazingly friendly and helpful even when we changed our minds a few times when ordering. She was attentive, but not over-bearing. Everybody loved their food. I took some home and even the leftovers tasted amazing! We were there celebrating our parent's anniversary and everything about the evening was perfect for them!Special Features:
- Too expensive for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012Too expensive for the quality of food. There was a horrible smell when we walked into the building, but the service was decent.
- Food was very good and chocolateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Food was very good and chocolate cake for birthday was awesome!!!Special Features:
- Fair food, fair service = overpricenotRealPickyDined on 7/23/2012Fair food, fair service = priced too high for value received. I traveled to Des Moines on business. At 7:30 on a Tuesday the front desk was unstaffed and waitresses walked past, none acknowledging my presence. A hostess eventually emerged and briskly took me to a table. The waitress, however, was very personable, friendly, and professional. The food was unimpressive. Farfalle Alfredo was basically macaroni and cheese. I like macaroni and cheese, but not at that price. Dessert was a large slice of tierra masu (sp?) that was either very chilled or freshly defrosted. Coffee came in a cup appropriate for a truck stop, not a nice restaurant. I don't recommend this place. Go to Biaggi's a couple miles north.Special Features:
- Delicious food in a relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2012Delicious food in a relaxed environment! And our server (Nadia) was wonderful!!
- Gino's West Glen continuesMarybeeVIPDined on 6/22/2012Gino's West Glen continues to offer high-quality Italian food, in a pleasant atmosphere. Our server was most accommodating, pleasant, and just attentive enough. We had out-of-town company with us, and they appreciated being able to have a relaxed and comfortable conversation over a delicious dinner.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Had a wonderful dinner with my family on te Gino's patio. We got to enjoy music from the nearby Fridays at the Fountain as well as the pleasant atmosphere provided by the large fountain next to the patio. Brandon our server was excellent and the food was wonderful. One person in our group would not reorder what he got but everyone else would definitely recommend their choices.Special Features: