500 N. LaSalle St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ginoseast.com/
- Phone: 3129884200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Brewery, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Noah Himmel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Let us Cater your next event!! We Deliver!! Contact our Catering Office Monday-Friday from 10am-5pm. After office hours, feel free to contact the restaurant directly to place any Catering Orders. *Please note, some items may require 24 hours advance notice to prepare.
- Private Party Facilities: Gino's East River North features three floors of dining space to fit your needs. Our third floor is well equipped to handle a wide variety of events.
- Private Party Contact: Group Sales Office 3122665421
A word from Gino's East
As the newest member of the Gino's East family, we've stayed true to the legacy of Gino's legendary pizza while adding a contemporary twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Gino's East - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Gino's East reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (62)kid-friendly (52)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (29)hot spot (27)special occasion (16)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)romantic (4)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Ginos East Lasalle Sept 13FJK1Dined on 9/13/2014Great service. Food was excellent. A lot of TV's to keep track of football games.Special Features:
- Great deep dish!DoubleOBirthdayDined on 9/10/2014Awesome meat lovers deep dish- a must have when in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent deep dishdeepdishDined on 9/8/2014Best pizza in Chicago! Great salads that were farm fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gino's EastJmack8787Dined on 9/7/2014I love Gino's East pizza. When I had a visitor (it was his first time in Chicago) I knew I had to bring him to Gino's. We went to the river north location. The pizza took an hour & a half which is understandable- what wasn't was we waited 20 minutes to be greeted by our server. We had reservations too! No manager ever came over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pizza, Take or Leave the StaffSarahrellahDined on 9/6/2014I had friends visiting and wanted them to have some Chicago style pizza. We tried the thin crust and the deep dish and both were really excellent. However, our waiter clearly suffered from "One-Upperitis". He thought he was so much better than my friends for living in Chicago, and tried to pit my husband and I against our friends for living in a big city verses our friends in a smaller southern city. Then when he overheard us discussing an incident in Chicago, he wanted to show that he was more Chicago than us by knowing all the details of said incident. Dude. No one cares "how Chicago" you are. You just look like an idiot, and quite frankly really rude, for consistently interrupting your table's conversation. Stick to the job, dude.Special Features:
- Great deep dish pizza...LetFijiDined on 9/4/2014Deployment dish was awesome, the thin crust didn't have enough sauce. Service was decent, could have checked on us a little more. Great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chicago style pizzaEugeneHDined on 9/2/2014Never been to this location before. Visiting (again) from out of town. Nothing better than the sausage patty, with the cornmeal crust. I don't know why other places don't offer this combination. Went for a very late lunch. Still some folks in the restaurant. They were installing some new equipment for an an-house brewery. Decor was a nice style. Noticed some seating against the wall that was at a higher level that allowed singles or small groups to watch the TVS above the bar. Nice layout. A smaller Gino's East, but great pizza and service nonetheless. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Eclectic find for Chicago PizzaShopnalotVIPDined on 9/1/2014From the moment we walked in to Gino's East we knew we were in for a fun experience. The original Tiffany style stained glass lamps still hang among this graffiti muraled wallsti give this place a hip but traditional vibe. While Chicago Pizza is not my favorite, Geno's allows a split of flavors on even their smallest pan. The pizza is very good but for non Tomato sauce lovers, perhaps a request for light sauce. Otherwise, one should probably not mess with tradition. The location of this original Geno's is perfect. Quiet area near Northwestern's Chicago Campus. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Deep Dish Pizza in ChicagoIluvmybaileysDined on 8/30/2014By far the best deep dish pizza! First time at this restaurant and it certainly didn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gino's goodChuckDined on 8/30/2014The best pizza I've ever had. WOW!!! I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaGAVTDined on 8/21/2014We like thin crust pizza and Gino's East did it perfect!! Even though in Chicago, we prefer the thin, salty, buttery crust. Great pizza and crust!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!newlin4Dined on 8/15/2014This was our first experience with a real Chicago deep dish pizza and we were very pleased. The food and the staff made our trip to the city a great time. We are already making plans for another trip back to Chicago.Special Features:
- Not quite worth the waitInanitymanDined on 8/10/2014Whereas this is a nice place with friendly staff, and the pizzas were good when they came, waiting over an hour for your food rarely makes for a good experience.Special Features:
- Good pizza. Bad atmosphereOhioDined on 8/9/2014The pizza was fantastic. No view, too loud. Great place for kids. Not great for a weekend getaway without the kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened here!?JkdaltonDined on 8/2/2014The bill came for several pizzas and bottles of wine. The wine could have been our downfall here. We gathered up $548.00 in cash for a $468.00 bill and gave it to the waiter a male Hispanic on the way out. A few moments later the stragglers in our group were stopped at the door and told the bill was $150.00 short! My 30 year old son counted money 3 times in front of me and assured me we were good. So where did $150.00 go Mr Waiter? We dug deeper and corrected the"mistake" so as not to ruin everyone's good time. Lesson here is put this Gino's bill on your credit card and pocket the cash so it isn't pocketed by someone else.Special Features:
- I've Been Away Too Long!greggm5656Dined on 8/1/2014I was raised in Chicago and have not been back for about 6 years. My usual stop for pizza when in Chicago is Giordano's (which we had on this trip too) but wanted to revisit Gino's East and very glad we did! While the pizza is different from Giordano's it is every bit as good - especially if you love cheese! We ordered the Lemon Caesar salad (very good - warning - you need to like lemon) and the Spinach Margherita (and added Grilled Chicken) - excellent. The staff was very attentive and friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had a great visit and meal! I highly recommend - even for those Uno's and Giordano's fans!Special Features:
- Great Pizza!NotTooFussyDined on 8/1/2014Back to Ginos for more great pizza. Love the crust and Chicago Style is definitely the way to go!Special Features:
- Bad situation made goodTurnaroundDined on 7/31/2014We ended up waiting a really long time for our pizza. The waiter was swamped & had an accident w/a tray full of beers for another table. These things happen. We weren't in a hurry, I could see what was happening, & before I could even get slightly annoyed our waiter would stop by for an update & to check on us even though he had 30 balls in the air. He also sent a hostess over once when he was probably way in the weeds, who brought me another beer. Most times in these situations you feel ignored & slighted, but we felt as though they understood the situation & did their absolute best to remedy it. I wish I could remember his name - 7/31 we had 745 reservations, myself & my 7 & 9 year old boys. We're Twins fans he's a Sox fanSpecial Features:
- Best Chicago Style PizzaHuskerOutNAboutDined on 7/31/2014Gino's is the definition of Chicago style pizza. The cornbread crust sets it apart from all others. First time to eat at this location. The atmosphere here isn't as fun as the Superior St. location, the pizza is just at good. The mini pizzas at lunch come out super fast because they pre-bake vs. dinner where you have a bit of a wait for your pie to be cooked to perfection. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We were excited to go...had reservations, waited 30 mins to sit. When we got to our table, the whole upstairs was empty. It was like they wanted people to wait!!! The waitress didn't come to our table for about 10min. We had to literally get our own waters at one point. The pizza was great, but not worth another 40 min wait to get it!!!! Overall wait time was well over an hour and a half!Special Features:
- Great Pizza and that's allAZTravelerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Gino's East is a great place to take kids to share a deep dish pizza. The expansion into other locations has hurt their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cplg13Dined on 7/27/2014First time in in Chicago. Gino's was a recommendation and we loved the Chicago deep dish experience. Yummy!!Special Features:
- NO ServiceawodDined on 7/27/2014I made a reservation at Geno's and arrived at the scheduled time. I was sat down immediately. Once I was sat at the table, I DID NOT receive any service. My 10 year old son sat at our tiny table for 20 minutes. Never once greeted by any staff. There was 4 employees standing at the end of they bar most of that time. There were plenty of open tables. But I got NO service. I flagged down a employee passing by and they gave me the "I will be back in a minute gesture". I call LouMalnati's pizza from our seat. They said it was a 20 minute wait, so we got up and left Geno's.
- awesome deep dish pizza!PickyeaterDined on 7/26/2014Very authentic deep dish pizza! We looked forward to trying it off the recommendation of a local and we were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Open Table was perfect--we were able to walk right in and be seated even though many others were waiting. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gino's EastrandyDined on 7/26/2014Made a reservation on line while at the Cubs/Cards game. Parking was easy to find on a Saturday night, food was not that good. Deep dish pizza was not as good as others I have had in Chicago. Water needs a filter system, out of towners can taste all that chlorine and taste and off-putting smell. Tried to put lemon in water and Sprite to no avail.. I think Giordanos has a tastier pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedmrodr311Dined on 7/26/2014Very disappointed. I had made reservations prior to the date, when we arrive they weren't able to sit my group together we were seated in booths when clearly online they have up to 20 people to sit together but their biggest table only sits 11. Won't go there again!
- Fun but long waitYNOT731Dined on 7/25/2014Love the Food the Waitress was GREAT!, but with a reservation we still had to wait over 40mins. to get in. My wife is handicapped and we had to stand outside to be called. Poor girl at the door took a real beating.Special Features:
- Bad ManagementFooooodDined on 7/25/2014You could tell by how inept the hostess were acting that something wasn't right. We waited 30 min past our reservation time before going inside and talking to more hostesses to be seated. Bar area was very loud and didn't have pizza place vibe at all. Pizza was as good as expected until who seemed to be the manager stuffed our 2 big leftover slices into a small box, squishing them into a mess. Our waitress tried her hardest but seemed overworked.Special Features:
- Gino's service was disappointingNeisieDined on 7/20/2014We met our waiter, got our water, and placed our order. Then the service ended. Never saw our waiter again for almost 45 minutes. Food took forever to arrive, delivered by a different staff member, and the order was wrong. Finally spotted our waiter, and he offered to rush us another pizza. We opted for a thin crust instead of the original deep dish, to expedite the process. Thirty minutes later, still no pizza. Asked them to box it up once it was done because it was getting very late. Thankfully they comped the meal. Enjoyed the pizza once we got back to our hotel!Special Features:
- Texans like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My group from Texas in town for a conference decided to eat at Gino's East and we all thought the food, service and atmosphere couldn't be any better. Five ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingbpmurDined on 7/19/2014My wife loves deep dish pizza, and friends had told us that Gino's is the best in Chicago. I really hope that's not the case. The pizza was not as good as the local Pizzeria Uno in Virginia, and the service was significantly worse. On the bright side, this place does have an extensive beer menu and it seemed to be a great place for kids.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014I've been to Gino's East numerous times, and it never fails to amaze! My favorite pizza in the world, and the new restaurant in River North is beautiful!Special Features:
- Will visit againStacyboupDined on 7/18/2014Excellent experience. Yes if you order deep dish you have a bit of a wait, but so worth it. The smoked chili was an unexpected yet awesome surprise, definitely a must try. Staff is all extremely professional and you can tell they really enjoy what they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as other locationsHilltopper81Dined on 7/15/2014North River location not as good as Gino's on Superior... Pizza was bland. Plus need to improve their mobile website
- Simply greattsabDined on 7/12/2014Chicago style pizza at its best. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Kids (7 and 9) loved it. We'll go back every time we visit the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must See Chicago Hot SpotroomieswkndoutDined on 7/12/2014I had never been to Chicago before, and I had only ever heard of their famous deep-dish pizza. My friend recommended Gino's as a great pizza place, and so I gave it a shot. So delicious! The crust is the best crust I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deep dish pizzaSteveDined on 7/12/2014Best of two deep dish pizzas I had while in Chicago. The cornmeal crust was great and set it apart from the other place I ate.
- Salads awful. Wine expensiveTodieforDined on 7/11/2014The ambience of the 2nd floor Gino's East was a bit better than a school cafeteria. Cold and uninviting. The pulled chicken on my salad resembled canned tuna. I was assured by the manager that is was chicken that was cooked way to long and that is why it was mushy. The salad was small. For $11 I thought it would have been similar to an entree. This is the new location for Gino's East. I think it's terrible to open a restaurant that seats over 600 people and the food to be sobbad and the wine expensive. There is actually a bottle of wine for $134 on it. Most wine is by the bottle. Gino's if you read this improve your salads. If you are going to have a small menu then everything on it should be excellent.
- Overratedbaseball4touristDined on 7/11/2014This place was highly recommended to us when visiting Chicago. We were greatly disappointed. The service was awful. Food was delayed and the waitress never came over to let us know. The manager finally came over and gave us attitude. When the food finally arrived it was bland and uninteresting and nothing like we expected. The sauce tasted like pure tomato paste. Would never go back again. And the noise level was so high that we couldn't even hear ourselves talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Tommy was awesomeChristinaDined on 7/8/2014I grew up in Chicago. But moved away like missy people do to escape the winters. My boyfriend and I decided to take our first big trip to Chicago so he could see where I grew up and enjoy the food. Enjoy is what we did. The food was excellent but the service by waiter Tommy put it over the top. He took the time to go over the menu with us for food and drink ideals. He was warm and very funny abd always coming around to our table to check on us. If you are heading to Gino's ask for Tommy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.