Ginny’s Supper Club
310 Lenox Ave.
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ginny’s Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ginnyssupperclub.com/
- Phone: (212) 792-9001
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner, Thu - Sat : 7:00pm - 10.30pm, Bar 2am
Gospel Brunch, Sun : 10.30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeremie Tomzcak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Late Night
- Private Party Facilities: Located on the lower level of the restaurant adjacent to Ginny's, the private dining room at Red Rooster provides the ideal setting for special events. The room can accommodate up to 40 guests for a seated event and up to 60 guests for a cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Erica Morris x
A word from Ginny’s Supper Club
Wander downstairs at the Red Rooster Harlem and you'll soon pick up the trail of its spirited sister venue. With a hat tipped to Harlem's Renaissance, Ginny's Supper Club is a modern reincarnation of the glamorous speakeasies and Harlem nights of the Twenties – an intimate lounge with a warm bourbon glow and an even warmer welcome.Continued
Kindled by the hottest live music, creative cocktails, soulful food and Harlem's vibrant culture, Ginny's exists solely for the glory of a great night out.
Kindled by the hottest live music, creative cocktails, soulful food and Harlem's vibrant culture, Ginny's exists solely for the glory of a great night out.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ginny’s Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)special occasion (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Cool bar, food not worth the tripLeifiVIPDined on 11/14/2014Food was average at best, go for the mac n cheese , was ok. Service was slow and confused, drinks were late and we got the wrong food and then had to wait for a long time to get the correct plate. When it arrived it was still not the right dish but we ate it anyway. Avoid eating at Ginny's, just do drinks. I won't go againSpecial Features:
- Fantastic place for a sunday brunchJHWADined on 10/19/2014This is a fantastic place for a sunday gospel brunch. Perfect Music, perfect food and a perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Dinner and DrinksLHHSrVIPDined on 10/17/2014Went for dinner with friends on 10/17. The drinks, in general, were very good. My Margarita was excellent. Our waiter started us off with complimentary deviled eggs and cornbread which were delicious. We shared the Kale Salad topped with a fried egg which was very good. For our main courses, we had Helga's Meatballs, the Salmon, the Fried Chicken (superb) and the Mexicopian chicken (delicious) - highly recommended. Our desserts, which included the Yogurt Cheesecake and the Peanut Pie topped with vanilla ice cream, were delicious as was the perfectly made Latte. Service was very good. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Kaz48Dined on 10/12/2014Had a great time at Ginny's! Loved the atmosphere and the food was quite good with a nice variety for a brunch buffet. The servers were most attentive and engaging. A great time all around !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but...SusanVIPDined on 10/2/2014The service is not up to par with the price point, the quality of the food and the overall ambience of the restaurant. I found the same to be true the 2-3 times I went to the Red Rooster upstairs. Simply unprofessional service. It took about 30 min for a glass of prosecco to arrive because it was "chilling" still. Really? This is a nightclub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experience here.SaraMVIPDined on 9/27/2014I simply love this place. Unfortunately, the last time I went there, I had to wait more than 45 minutes to have my sit. I understood the concert was longer than expected, but still...! They've told me that I was waiting for so long because I had made a special request when I booked the table. However, they perfectly knew I was arriving at 9.15pm and there's no possibe reason to make a customer wait for so long. Anyway, everybody apologized for the inconvenience and, after all this waiting, the food arrived pretty quickly. Everything else was delicious as usual: cocktails, food, music, atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best thing by 125th StJetPilotNYCVIPDined on 9/21/2014Marcus Samuelson adds his expert flair to this Harlem soul food gem. Red Rooster upstairs great, but the Gospel brunch downstairs at Ginny's was a wonderful experience. Buffet was exceptional, and Samuelson's Swedish roots are evident in the lox and meatballs with lingonberry preserves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShaliVIPDined on 9/18/2014In NYC on vacation and wanted to try Red Rooster. But when we saw there was a free jazz tribute bring held for Jim Harrison, we decided to Ginny's Supper club instead. We found great food, service and amazing jazz ok the evening we where there. Great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was great except the acoustics are not great, coupled with the loud conversations of other tables made for a less than enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 87 reviews are from the Ginny’s Supper Club reviews archive.
- Hidden GEMFlyguymannDined on 6/22/2014Love everything about the GOSPEL BRUNCH. My server Everlyn was fantastic. The buffet spread was pretty good. A lot of great choices. My friend and I loved the Gospel Group that performed. Amazing group of young kids doing what they LOVE! If your in the Harlem area and you missed service in the AM because you went out the night before. This is the spot to go to repent your sins and get a little JESUS on! (With a glass of mimosa of course) Thank you Ginny's for a fantastic Bunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new supper clubkate99Dined on 6/7/2014Delicious food and drink, excellent service, elegant surroundings, and a great show made for an outstanding evening. I definitely recommend the steak frites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CousinsReunionDined on 6/6/2014We brought folks in from out of town for a great night out. Ginny's was recommended by a friend, and it didn't disappoint. Although we were initially a little skeptical of the menu, it well exceeded expectations and was fabulous. Food was great, service was friendly and extremely attentive, and atmoshere was terrific. A really fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go back...OpentableregularVIPDined on 5/31/2014My first time here and I LOVED the food and loved the entertainment. I wish the restaurant would enforce a better noise restriction during the performance. Those at the bar and those seated at the tables were talking non-stop during the performance. Very disrespectful to the performers who were GREAT. So next time I will make sure I am in the very front of the stage to hopefully drown out the din in the back. The staff there were very nice as well!Special Features:
- Could have been betterAlycatDined on 5/17/2014The food and atmosphere were lovely, and the entertainment for the evening was divine. However, somehow our reservation for. 7:30, was recorded for 9pm. After proving to the staff indeed our reservation was for 7:30, there was no sense of expediency to get us seated. We were only seated 2 songs into the performance, though it was clear 2 tables were vacant. A manager never came over to apologize, nothing was comped, and there really seemed to be no concern that we had been inconvenienced. No one was ever rude, but also no one seemed to care either. While we had a great evening, it was the food, music and ambience which made up for it, not the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gospel BrunchMGopentbleDined on 2/16/2014The music was great. But they only played for 30 mins. The food was just bad plus it was not a cheap meal.Special Features:
- Worst Valentine's Day EverMADDIEVIPDined on 2/14/2014Ginny's Supper Club ruined my Valentine's day. I had eaten at Red Rooster before and I loved it. We got there a few minutes early and had a great drink at the bar. we were both happy. We were seated promptly at 8:30 and expected a show to start promptly. It didn't... took over 20 minutes to start... we got over it. When we took a look at the menu we were excited that the cornbread and chicken & waffles, favorites of ours from red rooster were not on the menu. OK we got over it.. that is to be expected when you sign up for a prix fixe. (CONTINUED ON NEXT REVIEW
- Good for a date nightBusinessLuncherVIPDined on 2/14/2014Prix Fix menu for V-day was very good, at a reasonable price considering live music. Drinks aren't cheap but you're paying for the live music and ambience, which is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerACDinerDined on 1/17/2014Ginny's Supper Club is perfect for any occasion. We were in New York for my birthday weekend. The food was wonderful and the service was attentive. We loved it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a buffet brunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/5/2014It was a buffet brunch with lots of options, everything was nice and fresh! Loved the youth gospel group, they were fantastic! Service for drinks fell a little short.Special Features:
- A Harlem Gembrightbria92Dined on 1/3/2014This place is phenomenal! I loved it! I went here for dinner on a Friday night to celebrate my birthday weekend. We had dinner which was extremely delicious plus dessert which was amazing as they gave us raspberry sorbet that came with a birthday candle. We went to a show later & then came back (using our dinner receipt for the cover charge) to the late night "club" party. We loved this place so much that we came back for the Gospel Brunch which was also fantastic. This place has an awesome homey sultry vibe & decor which does in fact remind me of being in a speakeasy. The service was spectacular & I plan on returning every time I visit NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gospel Brunch for tourists onlyChristineVIPDined on 12/29/2013Food was incredibly mediocre, which was surprising considering the Red Rooster connection. Show was only 1/2 hour. Not worth the price.
- Very touristy, delightful staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2013Ginny's (downstairs) at Red Rooster is great if you're looking for a tourist spot in Harlem to enjoy a little touristy gospel music. Food is buffet style and there's plenty of it but nothing to rave about. Staff great - rather expensive for what's included in the price. Upstairs food looked much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gospel brunchnycvisitorDined on 12/29/2013Went to the Gospel brunch buffet on a Sunday morning. Music was great -- teenagers singing their hearts out. The food was fine but not out of this world. The staff should have done a better job keeping the buffet table stocked. The desserts table was pretty much cleaned out when we went up to it. Also staff wasn't very attentive about refilling our coffee cups. But it's a beautiful restaurant, the music was wonderful and it was a fun way to spend a rainy, cold Sunday in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I wanted and more...BJTISVIPDined on 12/28/2013On this my 4th trip to NYC, the entire focus was to see After Midnight on Broadway and to dine at famed Chef Marcus Samulesson's Ginnys Supper Club and both experiences were EVERYTHING that I expected and more!! I don't consider myself a "foodie" but a lover of good taste and Ginny's was on point. We started with the the corn bread w/tomato jam which you must have, deviled eggs and the chicken & waffles w/bourbon syrup... yep, you can taste the bourbon & it was so worth it! We were so stuffed that dinner was condensed to just the sweet potato soup and another order of the corn bread. The entertainment that night was one of the house bands, the Rakiem Walker Project who covered every genre of music and kept us grooving thru dinner. WONDERFULSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Sunday Gospel brunch!janabugDined on 12/15/2013The brunch was outstanding. The teen gospel singers were great, and the food was some of the best we had in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great moment!brihliaDined on 11/10/2013This place was recommended to my son by a teacher (he is a student in American Language Program at Columbia University). we booked there for a sunday brunch and we have not been deceived! The place is very warmfull, the food excellent and most important, the musical show this day "Gospel for Teens") was just outstanding! I will certainly try to go again there at my next trip (from Switzerland) and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our evening, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2013We enjoyed our evening, the food and the ambiance together was electrifiying. The jazz was over the top spectacular. We were celebrating a Big Birthday Celebration and when asked for dessert, we declined. The Waitress set the table for dessert and when asked why, she conmnented with "Compliments of Ginny's". The apple dessert that was delivered to our table was enjoyeable, however when reviewing the bill, we were charged $12 for the dessert that was complimentary. I didnt want to make a fuss as this was a Special Celebration, but we did decline dessert and accpeted the complimentary dessert when it arrived to the table.Special Features:
- Great Gospel BrunchSusanneDined on 10/27/2013We went to Ginnys for the Gospel brunch on a sunday. It was a great experince, though the noise level is to high. We booked a table and tried to come in a quarter before, but were not let in until 13.00, it was a petty because the visit became a bit short. Try to get through the que upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Harlem Brunch to rememberizzieBarcelonaDined on 10/27/2013My sister and I had the most amazing time there last Sunday, having originally booking at the Red Rooster which was full. To be honest it was a far better atomosphere than ustairs, and went way above and beyond our expectations. The food was really tasty and original, and the performance was absolutely phenomenal. I felt energised and happy throughout the rest of the day. If Catholic church had been like this when I was growing up in Dublin, I would definitely not have been so reluctant to attend! This was a prefect way to experience authentic Gospel Music when pressed for time, and not able to attend a proper church ceremony, and visiting from abroad! I will definitely recommend this!Special Features:
- Amazing Brunch and Gospel MusicHeatherDined on 9/29/2013We went to Ginny's for their Sunday Brunch with Gospel for Teens. The food was excellent...greens and mac, swedish meatballs, quinoa salad, salmon, fried chicken and waffles, etc etc. That alone would be enough, but then the music blew us away. I expected Gospel for Teens to be very good, but they were excellent. Inspiring and uplifting and even very funny at times. Well worth the money. Service was great with a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere, along with very nice decor.Special Features:
- Everything and moreKerryGDined on 9/27/2013I always wanted to visit a NYC supper club and this place did not disappointment. The staff were very friendly- not short like typical NYC natives. The crowd was very diverse. The food was excellent. I thought my grandmother made good deviled eggs but these were the best I have ever eaten. On Friday night at 10 pm they have a DJ. I was a bit concerned about this because DJs can sometimes be a bit lame. However, his music fit the scene perfectly. It was a bit boisterous but my wife and I were able to carry on a conversation easily. I've been to NYC many times so I have no problem taking the subway at night and walking the street. If you think you might be a bit uncomfortable walking the street (1 block from the subway station) take a taxi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BermudaDined on 9/22/2013I truly enjoyed myself and will definitely spread the word! I was visiting from Bermuda and this just added to the best vacation of my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're from Ohio and was inBrunchblahsDined on 9/21/2013We're from Ohio and was in New York to celebrate our 25th anniversary and specifically wanted to have dinner at this Samuel Marcus restaurant. The staff was friendly, customer oriented and on point. We had crab cakes as appitizer and my husband ordered Helgas Meatballs and I had the Steak Frites, despite the frites not being hot, the food was still delicious! We were there on Sat Sept 21 ,2013 and a wedding reception was in progress, a wonderful jazz band was performing in which Ginnys Supper Club manager had gifted us with tickets to enjoy with our resturant visit. We felt blessed, it was a night full of love, happiness and great food!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harlem's Soul FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2013My friend and I flew in from Tucson, Arizona to visit this resturant. And it did not dissappoint, every course was so good, we left there very happy. The food was excellent and the service was great. Will recommend to everyone going to New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazzily RomanticSayWordMelVIPDined on 8/8/2013The serving staff could be a bit more refined, but a great bartender and atmoshpere make this a place not to be missed for a night of quality Jazz standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a gemfoodeaterDined on 7/12/2013Great food, kind service. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful gospel brunchNYCTKDined on 5/19/2013Thanks Ginny's for a wonderful morning on a rainy day in New York. That buffet was outstanding and my only regret was that I couldn't fit in more of that mouthwatering food. Lovely table service with a smile and fantastic uplifting entertainment to boot. One of the highlights of the trip to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day brunchSnurranDined on 5/12/2013Nice environment, good service, good food with a Swedish touch! A little bit too loud though (earplugs recomended) even if the singers were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingfoodfanDined on 5/5/2013Not at all as expected. The Buffet was largely uninspiring, with much of the "hot" food was cold. A few items were tasty (notably the french toast), the rest was pretty much bland buffet food. The experience was all quite rushed. Our seating was at 12:15, we were seated about 12:25. The performance started at 12:30. It ended about 45 minutes later. We were then told we could remain at the bar for the next performance; but needed to pay our bill and vacate our table. At $39.95 -- not including any beverage -- with a mandatory 20% gratuity included for all parties -- this was a very much over-priced and under-good experience.
- Ginny'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2013Fabulous gospel brinch- great food and terriffic music- lovely staff tooSpecial Features: