398 W. El Camino Real, #114
Sunnyvale, CA 94087Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gingercafe.net/
- Phone: 4087362828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday to Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have over ten years of experience in providing a wide range of catering services, from drop-off party trays to plated sit-down formal banquets. Whether it’s a business meeting, an intimate gathering, or a grand affair, we ensure that each event is customized to meet our client’s needs. Our event coordinator will assist you with any questions that arise as you make your plans. Our friendly and knowledgeable team will strive to assure your event is both memorable and flawless. Feel free to contact Bo Zeng at (408) 847-2625 or (408) 736-2828 to receive a no-obligation quote.
- Private Party Facilities: Ginger Cafe can accommodate parties of up to 40 guests in the open dining room. Please call: 408-736-2828 for details.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 408-736-2828
A word from Ginger Cafe
About the Cuisine: Ginger Café uses fresh ingredients and a balanced approach to showcase the techniques and flavors of the Asia Pacific Rim. As Chinese have migrated to Southeast Asia and other parts of the world, age-old recipes have evolved to incorporate local ingredients and flavors. The cuisine at Ginger Café is a celebration of these rich and diverse culinary crossroads, with traditional Chinese dishes that feature new twists and flavors while showcasing the bounty of local produce and ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ginger Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was fresh and very flavorful;OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2013Food was fresh and very flavorful; our team will definitely come back
- Great Vegetarian Hot & Sour Soup!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012I went with a group of 8 co-workers for a birthday lunch. The menu had something for everyone. Portions were generous, and the food all looked good. The service was friendly and fast. Hurray for all the vegetarian options on the menu! Two of us who decided to share food and had the veggie sesame chicken and crispy tofu in mandarin sauce. I would order 1 entree and a side of veggies next time. Lots of food! We also ordered the vegetarian hot and sour soup which was excellent! We are going back this week for more of the soup!Special Features:
- food is great. Service isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012food is great. Service is not that good. Food is served without plates. Had to ask for plates. Waited for 5-10 min to receive the plates.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2012Love this restaurant. Great selection. Started with happy hour and then enjoyed our dinner. Highly recommend ginger cafe.
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/3/2012The food was very good but it seemed to be more expensive than the last time we went there. The only real negative was the service. We had three different servers, none of whom knew what we ordered. When the wrong dish was brought the server seemed to think it was our fault rather than another server who apparently wrote down the wrong order. With multiple courses the lighter fare should go first. They served backwards in that the heavily spiced lamb preceded the light and tasty sea bass. Have to think twice about going back.
- The last time I went, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012The last time I went, the service was poor. I was told that they were short staffed, but it wasn't that busy. We were ignored most of the time. Fortunately for us, we've been to Ginger Cafe plenty of times, and that was an exception. This time around, the service was top notch. We noticed a piece of food on the seat we were being placed at, but the manager on duty (who sat us) took care of it, and even offered to re-seat us. During our stay we were constantly approached by wait staff to check on us, to top our water before we even finished our glasses (great!), and the food came within a decent time frame. The food was, as always, superb. We love taking the extras home for leftovers. We'll definitely keep coming!Special Features:
- The food was Fantastic. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012The food was Fantastic. The service was outstanding. This is my new goto Restaurant.Special Features:
- It was the greatest ChineseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2012It was the greatest Chinese restaurant I have ever been. Their food is not a traditional but a new style one.Special Features:
- Authentic tastes and qualityfoodieOTVIPDined on 5/18/2012Authentic tastes and quality foods in a contemporary yet warm ambiance. A variety of dishes to satisfy a range of price points.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem always delivers.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2012I picked Ginger Cafe because I wanted somewhere fancy to eat without it being too pretentious. We had a group of five, three omnivores and two vegetarians and we all had an excellent selection to peruse. The food came quickly, was the perfect temperature and was enough to share. We went on a Wednesday evening at 6:30 and the restaurant was about half full. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive. Being one of the vegetarians my favorites were the lettuce wraps and the vegetarian chicken egg roles, all the ingredients were fresh and the flavors were bold without being overpowering. I really liked it.Special Features:
- very good overall. if priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012very good overall. if price for the quail stays the same - we will come again. :-)Special Features:
- Everything was delicious.PeihwaDined on 3/5/2012Everything was delicious. Good happy hour with food specials too.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunnyvale Dim SumlivetoeatVIPDined on 2/28/2012Had a surprisingly delicious dim sum lunch in this unpretentious neighborhood cafe....in a Sunnyvale strip mall. Ambiance and service very pleasant....food choices plentiful and varied. Best dim sum I've had south of San Francisco in a long long while. Delicious with well blended flavors....can't wait to go back for regular menu.... excited about this new "find"...Special Features:
- If you want a nice chineseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/24/2012If you want a nice chinese restuarant that is NOT a hole in the wall & doesn't cost an fortune, Ginger Cafe is the place. Parking is next to restaurant. Potstickers are very good, Portions are nice sized, and entree selections cover all aspects of Chinese food.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2012Our overall experience at Ginger Cafe was just OK. We were seated right away, but the table was right next to the entrance and because it was February, we had to eat with our coats on to stay warm. Also because of a tall wooden screen behind us we were in a shadowy area, had to lean out of our seats into the aisle to get enough light to read by. The food was pretty good, but some of it came out a little on the cold side (not sure if it was intentional or accidental). We came here becuase we wanted to try someplace new, we will probably go back to our regular place.
- Lorri ConleyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2012This is a great place for lunch and I am planning to try it our forhappy hour also. The sea bass and shrimp appetizers was delicious and different than normal fare.Special Features:
- The food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012The food and service was excellent. We did seem to wait an awfully long time for a table despite the fact that we had reservations. In all fairness to Ginger Cafe however, it was Valentine's Day and they were very busy.Special Features:
- When we arrived, they didBeeandCeeVIPDined on 2/14/2012When we arrived, they did not have seats ready for us.And the seats given to us was near their kitchen galley, very noisy and inconvenient! On bringing this to their attention, they agreed to exchange, but that took another 10 minutes. But the good food and excellent service subsequently made it worth the while.Patience and speaking up helped!Special Features:
- I wouldn't recommend goingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/6/2012I wouldn't recommend going here. Service was lousy. Food was mediocre and pricy.
- ADavidVIPDined on 2/3/2012Enjoyed the appetizers from the all-day dim sum menu. Entrees were decent Chinese food, but nothing special. Appreciated the use of fresh vegetables in the Kung Pao Chicken.
- Mango ChickenCookiep77Dined on 2/2/2012The Mango Chicken was amazing! I loved the ambiance of the place too. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food! We are a regularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012Great food! We are a regular customer, although it is far for us to travel to eat there. Still it is worth the distance & time.Special Features:
- The service was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/28/2011The service was very nice. My only dislike was the soup and the sauce in my lunch satay. Much too goupy. It was one step from being jello. To me that is not appealing.
- I really love this place.GirlsNightOUtVIPDined on 12/22/2011I really love this place. It is across from PF Changs, and we often wish we had come here instead of PF Changs. The food is really good, portions are generous as are their wine pours, with a great wine by the glass list. Highly recommend Ginger Cafe.
- This place has a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/13/2011This place has a beautiful dining room and all the right materials to have a fantastic restaurant, but the food was poor, and service was sloppy, inattentive and lazy. We waited 4-5 minutes at the front while 5 or 6 unoccupied servers loitered at the wait station near the kitchen, doing nothing to welcome or greet, and giving us a "sorry, not my job" kind of look. The food was disappointing: mushroom bisque was grainy and too intense; the beets in the beet salad were over-boiled, mushy, bleached out and flavorless, and they use a manufactured cheese product instead of real goat cheese; and the vegetarian squash entree was dried out and carelessly prepared. The onions were tasty, but the rest of the plate was truly inedible.
- Food was very flavorful.MFDSanJoseDined on 12/13/2011Food was very flavorful. Everyone in a group of six enjoyed the food they ordered. The service was friendly and helpful. The only downside was the service was a little slow.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/3/2011We had a fantastic dining experience; the food was delicious and plentiful and the service was excellent! We would highly recommend the basil chicken, steamed bass, and pad thai. We have always been pleased with this restaurant's dim sum offerings also, especially the bok choy shrimp dumplings and the siu mai.
- First time !!! Loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2011First time !!! Loved it!!! Food is good. Enjoyed every dish we ordered , specially veg dumpling and lettuce chicken cups.Special Features:
- Great food and even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2011Great food and even better service. Very skilled team working both hard and smart to insure a terrific customer experience.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/6/2011The food was very good but the service could have been better.Special Features:
- The crew and attitude is warmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2011The crew and attitude is warm and welcoming. Nice to have a full bar in neighborhood Asian restaurant. Handicap parking is right in front and wheelchairs are easily accommodated. Energetic crowd and good Asian fusion menu.Special Features:
- This is one of the finestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2011This is one of the finest restaraunts in Silicon Valley. The food is always excellent and the menu is updated frequently, bringing back favorite items and introducing new ones.Special Features:
- Excellent Chinese cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2011Excellent Chinese cuisine with wonderful and personable service. Nice to have a full bar and decent wine list in a nearby Chinese restaurant. They have a small patio where we dine with my chocolate lab.Special Features:
- This was my first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2011This was my first time dining at the Ginger Cafe, a small, seemingly family-owned establishment. I enjoyed the variety of menu options and thought their prices were reasonable as well as the portions. We ordered the shrimp spring rolls, pineapple fried rice, and basil chicken...all were yummy. One minor complaint that I have is that if you want plain white rice, it costs extra and also many of the dishes have "hot pepper" symbols by them although you can order them mild. Our waitress was helpful in suggesting popular dishes when we asked what was good and was attentive, as was the water boy. I would return here again and definitely think they are better than the Americanized P.F. Chang's across the street..Ginger C is more authenSpecial Features:
- the food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2011the food was excellent, the wait staff not so. The water boys were on it, no one else was. And our server kept asking if "we" were ready. Please teach your servers that this is condescending and rude. Unless they are part of our party, there is no "we" and she is certainly not royalty. This may seem picky, but I and several of my foodie friends who have served four stars will tell you this is the quickest way to reduce your tip. Just a heads up.Special Features:
- Chinese chicken salad andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2011Chinese chicken salad and the sticky rice dimsum were mediocre! Wor wonton soup, crab dumpling dimsum, and the Three Delights noodles were very good!Special Features:
- Through Open Table, I foundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2011Through Open Table, I found this restaurant for my business lunch with an American-Chinese business guest . The cuisine is Chinese, "fusion" style, but still comes with generous portion. The ambiance is great, and quiet which is not easy to find in a traditional Chinese restaurant. Overall, it was a good lunch experience.Special Features:
- This is not your average "Chinese"OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/10/2011This is not your average "Chinese" restaurant. It also has south Asian dishes on the menu. We were here with two vegetarians (and gluten-intolerant, at that). So we tried several veggie dishes, including standards like veggie fried rice, and veggie delight. But we also had a sauteed tofu with cumin and lemongrass mock chicken. Everything was great. The veggie delight was perfectly prepared, no overdone or mushy vegetables. The tofu was spicy with a wonderful set of flavors. And the mock chicken was flavorful and the texture resembled chicken! We'll be back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- The reservation was handledOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011The reservation was handled very efficiently. The food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Be advised that entering theOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/2/2011Be advised that entering the restaurant's address in GPS will take you across the street to the PF Chang location.Special Features: