4017 W Riverside Drive
Burbank, CA 91505Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gindithai.com/
- Phone: (818) 567-1221
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Executive Chef: Pass Ave
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gindi Thai
Thai cuisine meets sushi at Gindi Thai in a modern, elegant room reminiscent of a sleek West Hollywood lounge. Raw Fish & Rice Sushi offers two tempting authentic Asian cuisines: Sushi and Thai food. You'll be happy to find hints of Thai flavor in certain sushi items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Gindi Thai - Best Restaurants in Burbank ›
Gindi Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (8)good for groups (5)special occasion (3)romantic (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- An instant FavoriteMarcelr19Dined on 9/24/2014We arrived 20 minutes early and were seated immediately. The hostess and staff were fantastic. The food was delicious, full of flavors. Gindi Thai is on my hot list of restaurants.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Thai ExperienceEatingLAVIPDined on 9/20/2014What an incredible find. This gourmet Thai spot in Burbank yeilded some of the most refined, and superb Thai food I have ever tasted. The sauces had such finesse and flavor. Their rendition of Brown Rice (actually a combination of brown rice, black sticky rice, and white rice) is out of this world with texture and flavor...the perfect accessory to the sauces which accompanied our green curry with eggplant and tofu. The Tom Ka soup is rich and delicious (ours had beautiful poached chicken breast). Cannot wait to return and to try some of the other specialties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rnakada2VIPDined on 8/25/2014The sushi was okay, I've had better. The service was okay, we had to tag our server a couple of times. Chicken teriyaki was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burbank GemOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/9/2014The menu is large with so many tasty choices. Good to take several people so you can try a variety of dishes. Each dish we tried was unique and full of flavor -- not like some restaurants that use the same sauce for several dishes. The roti with curry is a must as well as the chicken dumplings with curry (not the same curry). The sushi rolls are great too. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the space is light and bright. Great find in Burbank!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 138 reviews are from the Gindi Thai reviews archive.
- Yummy Thai & moretchrwenDined on 7/25/2014Wanted to try something new......went to Gindi Thai and was pleasantly surprised.....great menu with lots of choices including some great sushi options. We ordered the free range chicken satay which was excellent, won ton soup-delicious, brown rice-yummy, pad thai-fantastic,and the curry mango salmon-great! The only critique we had was that the salmon was a little over-cooked......but the sauce was so delicious we overlooked it.......Really great ambiance.........and the wait staff is very attentive. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern ThaiSkywalkerDined on 7/19/2014Tradition creative Thai cuisine. Was delicious with a white glove touch. Staff was friendly and gave service with a smile. Menu had a lot of creative dishes to try, so We will have to go back again and again. Try this Thai and you wont be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great ValuewpgfoodieDined on 7/19/2014Great selection of food! We had the Pad Thai and Green Curry and both dishes were amazing. Service was a little slow to start but the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itGreatVIPDined on 6/5/2014This is really great Thai food! Service is great and appreciated being able to make a reservation. Come hungry since there is a lot to choose fromSpecial Features:
- NiceGreatVIPDined on 5/23/2014We were really impressed with the food with the surprise of a sushi bar. A nice list of happy hour drinks which were deliciousSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodFoodSnobDined on 5/19/2014Colleagues and I have selected Gindi Thai as our "go to" restaurant when going to lunch for a birthdays or other celebrations. It's not designed as a "special occasion" restaurant, but for something slightly different than sandwiches or salads, the usual work-day restaurant fare, this restaurant is perfect. With little exception, we find every menu item to be good, and the lunch specials are a great deal. The biggest treat, though, is the Mango and Sticky Rice Dessert. It is mouth watering kind of good. Save room, though, it's very filling. If you're watching your weight/diet, then consider sharing it, or even making it your entree and swallowing it down with their wonderful green tea. Sushi is also very good here.Special Features:
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Our first time at the restaurant and we were both very pleased and happy by our experience. The food was excellent. The service was exceptional. Every one who came to our table was polite, and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of. Our server gave us some suggestions and the results were delicious. The cost of the food was fair. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Thai food w/attentive serviceanonymousDined on 3/29/2014Quick service, friendly staff and delicious Thai food. I appreciated the disclosure of fish sauce in the curries for the vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai and sushi at one stopknghtshingrmourDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good. I loved that we could enjoy both Thai and Sushi at one locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too fastWudinnaDined on 12/13/2013If you want a relatively expensive meal served to you fast this is the place for you. We won't be back.
- Outstanding qualityRitaDined on 9/21/2013Love Gindi Thai- can't go wrong here- where else can you get sushi and/or Thai food. Their sauces are fabulous- not heavy at all - healthy and the cook knows what he/she is doing! I had the garlic shrimp and a delightful bed of steamed cabbage with a wonderful delicate sauce - my boyfriend's sashimi was amazing as was his beef medallion dinner - vegetables cooked to perfection - not too crunchy or overdone - PERFECT! We love this place and feel it is a hidden GEM in Burbank. The only thing I will skip next time was the vegetable and tofu soup I got as an appetizer- bland and the vegetables need to be chopped better.Special Features:
- Thai & Sushi Make a great comboOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2013We love this place. Mix and match your Thai and sushi dishes. Great happy hour every day with drink and small plate specials. Come casual. Family atmosphere yet a very nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyAnniversaryVIPDined on 8/23/2013Delicious food, great service. It is very noisy in the restaurant and the service staff speak quite softly. Only parking option is valet.Special Features:
- Food was delicious exceptFlaxDined on 8/3/2013Food was delicious except for the Fried Calamari - too greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai in LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2013We returned to LA for a vacation and could not wait to visit Gindi Thai again, after our positively stellar experience last time. They did not disappoint. The food was amazing! I like my Thai food extra spicy and they definitely turned up the heat. I loved it!! The waiter was very friendly, prompt and helpful. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their food is normally veryasherDined on 4/13/2013Their food is normally very good, but it was just fair this evening.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/15/2013We usually have good luck in finding good restaurants through Open Table, not this time. We are from out of town and were looking for a good restaurant to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We read the reviews and we were looking forward to the meal. We had Gra Pow chicken, the chicken breast was dry, very dry. I was told that its dry because its a chicken breast. Chicken breasts tend to be drier but not this dry. The other dishes were ok but nothing special. Service was good but the place is loud, even when not full. This was my first time at the restaurant but out of the four of us none would go back. The desserts are very good.
- Best Thai in BurbankPlayer6464VIPDined on 2/23/2013love Gindi Thai. Wonderful food, service, atmosphere...its got it all!Special Features:
- My only regret is that itGrrly1Dined on 12/19/2012My only regret is that it is an hour from my house! The gluten free green beans were amazing and the spring roll was crisp and bright. Just lovely.Special Features:
- Dependale Thai menu, nothingtimberVIPDined on 12/14/2012Dependale Thai menu, nothing extraordinary and nothing wrong with it either. Great service, not much atmosphere.
- Gindi for MeRHIRHIVIPDined on 12/7/2012Gindi Thai has great tasting and amazingly priced lunch specials. You receive a good amount of food and make this one of the tastiest deals around. The curries are delish but my fave are the Tom Yum soups as lunch special served with rice and roll. Don't miss out on ordering the iced green tea that is unsweetened. I keep going back for it.Special Features:
- A bit too loud for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012A bit too loud for business lunches...there were 5 of us and it was difficult to keep the conversation going because of the noise! Food was GREAT!
- First time in our many visitsTolucanDined on 10/28/2012First time in our many visits we were disappointed with a dish. The drunken noodles had good flavor, but the beef was way overcooked and dry. Sushi was okay, but slightly dried out. Rest of meal and service fine - this was early on a Sunday evening, about an hour after they opened, so I see no reason for the quality issue.
- This was a first for eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012This was a first for eating at your restaurant. Also it was a first for Thai food as well. It was surprisingly good and tasty. We do not live in North Hollywood but it was a good choice for our party of four.Special Features:
- ReliableSeejanecookVIPDined on 9/13/2012I have been going to Gindi Thai for years. Always great service, quality food, and a great atmosphere. They have great lunch specials too.Special Features:
- Great place to eat lunch forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2012Great place to eat lunch for those people that work in the film and record business. Quick, good thai food. I will go again.Special Features:
- Very special Thai fusion.RichellDined on 9/1/2012Very special Thai fusion. Great seafood dishes. How often can you gush over the rice?Special Features:
- Delicious selection of fusionYummyDined on 8/5/2012Delicious selection of fusion cuisine. A very special place. Very reasonable.Special Features:
- Best Thai food!!! My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Best Thai food!!! My favorite is the Sweet Sassy Sole & Pad see-u!!!Special Features:
- Everything was excellent -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2012Everything was excellent - the service, the atmosphere, it was quiet, but most of all everything we ordered was incredibly fresh and delicious. This will definitely go onto our regular rotation.Special Features:
- We will be back! Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2012We will be back! Food was fantastic and what a great deal! I have been looking for good sushi in Los Angeles that doesn't cost an arm & a leg.... and we found it! New favorite go to for Thai.Special Features:
- Rare combo of good sushi and ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2012Normally I would not think of ordering sushi at any establishment that was not Japanese and only Japanese. In fact, I usually avoid sushi at Japanese restaurants that are not primarily or exclusively sushi places. This is the one big exception! Sushi here does not come in as many varieties as some sushi places, but there is plenty of variety and it is very good. This also happens to be a GREAT spot for Thai food, as the name suggests. Spicier items are only moderately hot, but if you ask for spicy it comes very hot indeed. Don't miss the Tom Ka soup as a starter - it's my favorite anywhere. And I swear if you feel a sore throat coming on, a serving of this spicy will prevent it from ever developing into a real sore throat.Special Features:
- Went for lunch...great specials,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2012Went for lunch...great specials, quick service, zen like atmosphere and affordably priced. Surprisingly great sushi for a Thai restaurant.Special Features:
- Went for lunch and absolutelyRyanDined on 4/7/2012Went for lunch and absolutely enjoyed the food! Great service. Will come back.Special Features:
- Very Good Thai food as wellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012Very Good Thai food as well as inventive sushi and roll offerings. Very pleasant atmosphere - a great pre-theatre spot before going to see a show at the Falcom across the street. Pleasant service, basic but enjoyable atmosphere. Can probably get noisy when its crowded. We will definitely be back when we are in the area.
- Food was over cooked and pre-preparOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2012Food was over cooked and pre-prepared. Bad stomach aches for 24hrs after. Not going back.