306 NW Broadway
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giltclub.com/
- Phone: 5032224458
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gilt Club
The Gilt Club offers high quality food and drink in a luscious atmosphere. Whether you’re enveloped in one of our deep, dark red booths or sitting under the stunning “urchin” lamps at the bar, you’re in the right setting to enjoy a perfect evening. Creative Northwest cuisine, with a few comfortable standards, grace the menu. Our wine director sources wines from around the world and our house cocktail selection varies with the season. Most of our drinks are composed with house infused liquor, and mixed with fresh juices squeezed to order.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gilt Club reviews from OpenTable diners
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2013We had an ok diner here. There was nothing bad to say about the food but it wasn't anything to crow about either. I wouldn't go back but it was not entirely unenjoyable. The service was pretty good and the company was good.
- A hidden gem.CarrieDined on 6/28/2013We had a wonderful meal. The presentation reminded me of what I've seen on Top Chef. Only disappointment there were only 3 couples dinning. For a Friday night is was almost empty.Special Features:
- Wonderful date nightnew2PDXDined on 6/21/2013Came here before catching a show at the comedy club and we were blown away. The atmosphere and decor were amazing and the service was phenomenal. They could have sat us at a small table for two but the host changed his mind mid-seating and sat us at a more private, spacious booth which I LOVED! Our waitress suggested great drinks and food and was so friendly! I was surprised they were not busier on a friday night because this place is just AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You had us at Foie Gras EclairArthanyelDined on 6/20/2013We were attracted to the Gilt Club by the menu, which features a number of dishes which appeared both delicious and unusual. The Foie Gras Éclair is not to be missed - and who would have thought to serve it with strawberries? Or the Duck Terrine with unique pickled crudités? Or the rabbit meatballs? Or the Trout with kimchee? Chef Carricker not only makes spectacular food, but the combinations are unexpected – and unexpectedly delightful. Definitely an experience where you want to get a bit of everything into each bite, because while the individual parts are great but the combinations are unbelievable. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clubbyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2013Draped curtains, fancy backs to the bench seats created a retro clubby atmosphere. darkly lit and quiet Wait person very helpful Original food Bibb salad- one came w/o bacon (which was later supplied) Crab custard salad, oysters, pea soup all tasty Sausage stuffed chicken a little salty but otherwise tasted good Pork on a whipped cornbread --good flavor and tenderness The tiny little quail and the cavatelli with ground rabbit balls was enjoyed Dessert--the chocolate sanquinacchio tasted fine w/a slightly crunchy texture the bananas foster bread pudding came out way later than the other desserts old town ho chocolate ganache rolled in chocolate cake very good but not enough for all who wanted it (had to get the goat cheese ice cream(Special Features:
- Great service, not so good food.UnhppyCstmrDined on 6/14/2013Service was excellent. Drinks were amazing. The restaurant was beautiful. The food was, just not good. While it was very fresh and in season, it was very overworked and complicated.
- Outside Dining -- was not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013Too many freaky people disturbing our dinner. Not my cup of tea. Food was kinda just 'ok' --- service was great. Maybe would try inside dining next time.
- Bland Food - DisappointingStiltsDined on 6/7/2013I was really disappointed in the food. I would have liked to see more options for entrees as well. I had the half chicken and my husband had the hanger steak. Both tasted like they hadn't even been flavored with salt and pepper. I could have easily made a better meal at home. We also had the manila clams which had little to no broth. They were very dry. Not a good food experience and left feeling very unsatisfied. Bummer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was adequate but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2013Service was adequate but the menu was very limited and filled with odd combinations.
- Delightful Portland food combinatioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2013Delightful Portland food combinations. Delicious unique cocktails. Affordable wines. A Portland classic - as seen on TV :-)Special Features:
- Tired and DepressingthediningcontessaVIPDined on 5/22/2013The atmosphere feels heavy and dark in comparison with the portions which are overly light! The service was just ok but rushed -- the server removed the wine bottle from the table before it was finished. The food was good, but, again, the portions were small, except our appetizer, the steak tartare, was a generous amount, although served with only a few slices of toasted French bread, so had to ask for more bread to accommodate the rest of the dish, and was charged $2! Not a good experience and would not return.
- Great food, beautifully presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2013Based on previous reviews, we chose to dine here. Other than they ran out of bottles of wine from their wine list, they offered us more expensive wines at the same price. Service was a bit slow, but friendly and helpful. Definitely would dine here again.Special Features:
- Will certainly be backAmyagDined on 5/11/2013Great food! The cornmeal fried oysters were perfectly cooked, as was everything else. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork Belly and Chicken wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2013Pork Belly and Chicken were off the charts amazing.Special Features:
- Ambience was great but musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2013Ambience was great but music was a bit too loud. I oredered the burger which came out looking amazing on the plate however was very disappointed. It tasted like it was off and I asked for medium cooked and it was pretty rare. Have had a wonderful burger there before but this time it was not good. The fries I must say were amazing.Special Features:
- After Concert Cozy GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I'm just learning to drink tequila, and while they didn't have a ton of selections, our waiter knew those listed well and not only helped go over what was available but gave us the address of two of the best tequila bars in town. She even said who to ask to be served by - that was pretty amazing. The food was delish, and well prepared and presented. For a Saturday night the place was mostly full but not at all loud like some posters have mentioned. The place was begging for some live music and I know space is limited there... but I'm just saying -(I'm a jazz singer... lol). Plus the piped music was a bit out of sink for the rest of the subdued late night atmosphere... and truly, this place is all about atmosphere.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Our first impression of Gilt was that it was hip, romantice and very portland. The food was ok, our halibut and steak were perfectly cooked, our deep fried oysters still had a particular unpleasant crunch that could only be associated with shells (they were not washed properly prior to breading and frying), the rest of the food was surprisingly forgettable. All in all, it was extremely overpriced. Especially given the magnitude of delicous and inexpensive food in Portland. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant, attractive,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013Excellent restaurant, attractive, good menu, good service, a surprise fine!Special Features:
- My cousin and I loved everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013My cousin and I loved everything aboutThe dining experience. She is an experienced foodieAnd gourmet cook income along for the ride.Friendly waitress interesting atmosphere Would definitely recommend and returnLisaSpecial Features:
- The dinner was small portionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The dinner was small portion style. Very cute decor. Service was top notch!Special Features:
- Great food and service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Great food and service. We recomend Gult and will be back.Special Features:
- We went during a hilariouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013We went during a hilariously unbusy timeframe -- 5:30 on a Monday night. We were the only ones seated in the dining area, so of course service was wonderful (and hopefully is wonderful when the place is busy, too). We also weren't thinking about being there during happy hour (lasts until 6:30) so that offered some great deals on appetizers. It made for a wonderful, romantic date. The pork tenderloin dish was our favorite entree and there was none left on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Housemade ginger beer (inOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2013Housemade ginger beer (in the Moscow Mule drink) is fabulous, as is their burger and bacon rinds! We love this place!Special Features:
- Awesome meal, yet again fromOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013Awesome meal, yet again from this gem. Love this place for it's inspired culinary initiative and elegant ambiance.Special Features:
- Neat place, interesting menu, loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Great cocktail menu, kind of small and open which makes it loud. I'd say group or go out with your buddies place but a romantic date....not so much :)Special Features:
- Overall a very good experience.UptownAddictDined on 2/15/2013Overall a very good experience. The room is a bit noisy. Menu has nice interesting choices for adventurous eaters. Decent portions for the price too.Special Features:
- Creative (possibly unusual) cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/9/2013Very eclectic menu with some unusual (meant in a good way) and innovative approach. Loved it. Caveat: Not recommended as a dining venue if you, or persons in your party, are not particularly open to creative cuisine....the choices will be very limited.Special Features:
- Food & service are good butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Food & service are good but seating are too close together to other tablesSpecial Features:
- Elegant decor, amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2013Elegant decor, amazing food and wonderful service made for a wonderful dining experience. Each course included dishes that mixed interesting flavors in ways that made the dish greater than the sum of its ingredients.Special Features:
- Always love Gilt Club! TrulyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013Always love Gilt Club! Truly is one of our favorites. The ever evolving menu is always such a delight and I've never had anything but outstanding service.Special Features:
- Dinner at the Gilt ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Chocolate tort was dry. Hamburger was raw. French fries were to salty. Ribs were excellent. Cheese tray minimal variety for the price.
- I posted a review on Yelp.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013I posted a review on Yelp. Not happy with my salad or main course. Really disappointed because we searched the net for the best restaurants of 2012 and decided on this one. Really bummed because we made a special trip to Portland for our anniversary. I honestly don't think the regular chef was working because I don't think he'd (she'd) let these plates go out to a customer. Not returning and not recommending. Sad because this could be a really happening place.
- Dramatic Flavor CombinationsEater10000VIPDined on 2/1/2013I started with the endive salad, which adds anchovies and capers to balance the greens. I then ordered the roasted cod, which paired well with the maitake mushrooms and cauliflower. I had to order the french fries; they are just too good to pass up. The bread pudding is truly amazing and must be ordered. Natalia provided exceptional service; I could have asked for nothing else.Special Features:
- Wine was great. Risotto wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Wine was great. Risotto was good. The cod dish was terrible. It lacked flavor and interest. My boyfriend was able to eat most of it, not because he liked it, but because he paid waay too much for it to not. I would have sent it back. It was that bad. There was nothing about this place that would make me want to return. Prices are too high for the quality and quantity of the food. You don't even get bread before your meal...
- Fine food but portion (3 scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013Fine food but portion (3 scallops for the "large" option) for a spendy ($27) entree. Expected this place to be pricy and delicious, but still felt ripped off. Server responded to complaint that the scallops are sold by weight. I wonder how many would be on the smaller, less expensive scallops option.
- Went there because I boughtOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/25/2013Went there because I bought a Groupon or Living Social deal. Food was OK, but the place is run down and not very appealing. The underside of the table I was at had some foam padding (for what purpose?) that was loose, and kept dropping onto my leg. Given all the competitive business in Portland, it's unlikely I will return.
- very stylish venue, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/23/2013very stylish venue, excellent service, the food was delicious, expensive, and sparse. Went home a bit hungry. Fancy, but not much of it.Special Features:
- Portland GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013Unique, comfortable atmosphere, great food, drinks, and desserts. Good service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The food was good but in veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2013The food was good but in very small portions. My $27 entree seared scallop meal seriously had four small scallops and that's about it. We were still hungry after an $80 dinner and ended up eating again at a different restaurant later (the nines). I'm fine with paying good money for good food but I also like to get a decent size meal if I drop a hundred bucks for two people to eat.... Excellent drinks though...Special Features:
- YowsaEater10000VIPDined on 1/19/2013We had a very good meal, though the highlights were the whey-braised pork and the bread pudding. The pork was very, very tender and the whipped parsnips were a great accompaniment. The bread pudding with popcorn ice cream (and popcorn) was truly fabulous! The cocktails were - as always - superb. Becca did a very good job explaining the dishes, which really helped us make choices.Special Features: