Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
1601 SW Morrison St
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gildasitalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5036885066
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:00PM
Dinner:Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Roberti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for further information on our take-out catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for all company, private, birthday, rehearsal and retirement parties.
- Private Party Contact: Marco Roberti 503-224-0051
A word from Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge
Authentic regional Italian cuisine. Serving local, organic, and sustainable.Continued
Full service drink menu including house cocktails, 14 draught beers, and a selection of Italian and local wines.
Full service drink menu including house cocktails, 14 draught beers, and a selection of Italian and local wines.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (29)romantic (22)notable wine list (12)good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Great dinner...enjoyable experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- spectacular food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We often come to Gilda's before the theater, and we are never disappointed. Glorious seafood, great wine, friendly service, and a good chance of meeting other theater goers.Special Features:
- Delish Italian Near Downtown PDXAboutTownVIPDined on 10/19/2014We drove by Gilda's several times and decided to finally try it. The reviews were mostly positive. We had the beet salad which was very good, fresh. We had the veal entree and the carbonara. They were both very good. The comment on the veal was it was rather richly prepared. Not a bad thing, but just be prepare by not over-eating on the appetizers. The pasta was done perfectly, not over-cooked. Flavors worked well together. I wanted to try the homemade desserts but there simply was not space for it. The service was attentive, but it did get rather busy toward the end of our meal. The room needed some character and charm. But overall experience was very good.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was our first time at Gilda's and we had a great experience. Our food was delicious, especially the beet salad and the spaghetti carbonara. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating. It was very busy so the timing of service was a little off but the food and genuine hospitality made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchieDined on 10/12/2014Everything was very good: service, ambiance and food. The only thing is that we all felt very heavy after having had a pasta dish and shared a dessert. I got the same comment from a friend who had gone to the restaurant. Could they lighten the dishes in their preparation? That would be the only improvement, besides they should not charging for the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been to Gilda's many times. The blue salad and spaghetti and meatballs were not up to their standards this time. My wife still says their ceasar salad is the best in portland. Her pork shoulder was plentiful and delicious. The cherries Amerine were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!BestVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was our second visit, chosen because it's close to Artists Rep theatre. It's great for before show; make a reservation, it was packed. We've just returned from Italy, and loved how authentic the food at Gilda's is. Portions are large, and they seemed OK with us sharing dishes. Actually, I can't wait to go back - may not wait for the next play as a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeNancyDined on 10/2/2014The food at Marco's is absolutely authentic. The bolognese sauce is the absolute best, even if you compare it to a great restaurant in Firenze, or Venezia. This time I had the pork shoulder, which was very good as were the white truffle potatoes. Getting fresh pasta, cooked to perfection is a rarity even in foody Portland. I love the wall frescoes, and the family photos make this an interesting place! I had the good fortune to live next door to grandma Gilda for two summers, and she was so proud of Marco, and how he made her recipes available for everyone. I have been all over Italy, and whenever I want to be there in spirit I go to Gildas and feel like I have had a little trip to Calabria!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Each time we have dined we had excellent food and service. Always feel special on any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeSweetSueDined on 9/25/2014We eat here before attending plays at ART and I have never been disappointed. I usually order the fish special. On this occasion, it was fresh halibut piccata served with their scrumptious polenta cake. OMG, so good. The fish is always cooked perfectly. I love this cozy, comfortable spot, and the service is always friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian experiencefoodieDined on 9/23/2014Gilda's never ceases to impress us, we are always taking our out of town friends to experience not only the fabulous food, but the dining experience in general. Absolutely top table chef, staff and menu~~lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValerieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The food was great. The veal a must have. The prices were a bit high and there was an extra charge for bread and olive oil which was strange for an Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Very fine food and serviceCitygirlVIPDined on 9/14/2014but I am dismayed that someone would ask me to pay separately for bread and ovoo. Yes, I know it is done in Europe but we are in Portland. Many fine restaurants never charge for this kind of starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilda's InspirationDarylVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had the privilege of unknowingly being sat next to the co-proprietors during our recent visit, and got to learn all about the history of the restaurant, the origin of the food, and the inspiration of the chef. The food really is top-notch, and any dish with tomato sauce is a true treat.Special Features:
- Lovely ItalianDinneroutDined on 9/9/2014We come here as often as possible and always love the rigatoni bolognese. Next time we want to go and try out the bar and happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comments Re Gilda'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We were first time visitors to Gilda's on the recommendation of a friend. We were very happy that we accepted the advice, since the food and service were excellent. Gilda's is a fine exemplar of a creative approach to traditional Italian cuisine done up with love and attention. It has to rank among the best Italian eateries in Portland.Special Features:
- Super!AFindDined on 8/30/2014Great food! Friend has been to Italy and said this was authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicehystersteveDined on 8/27/2014The wait staff was superb and the food was even better. The spaghetti and meatballs were superb as usual. The veal special was extremely tasteful and served to perfection. I would highly recommend Gilda's to anyone looking for great food, a friendly atmosphere and excellent service.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We go to Gilda's often. Food is consistently good. Service this time was slower than usual. One of portland's better Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid Italian foodSuzyQDined on 8/22/2014Went there with friends upon a recommendation for coworkers. It was good. Not great, but good solid food and above average service.Special Features:
- GarweinDined on 8/20/2014The veal is perfectly prepared. The wait staff is terrificSpecial Features:
- Best neighborhood ItalianBHopkinsDined on 8/18/2014Outstanding food - the Rigatoni Norma was especially good and the meatballs are the best in PortlandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilda's Restaurant - A DelightdelicioustwoDined on 8/10/2014Next to Lincoln High and Providence Park Stadium, this Italian restaurant is outstanding in all respects, especially the food. The cocktails are excellent as well.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We had a wonderful time. It was a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantpdxeatingDined on 8/3/2014Gilda's is our favorite Italian restaurant in Portland. Service is outstanding, and the food is great. I am a fan of traditional Italian fare, and can recommend Gilda's spaghetti and meatballs--just like Grandma used to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FaveDanoDined on 7/31/2014Gilda's has become a favorite for my wife and me. Good food, service and atmosphere. And the usually have gluten a free pasta option available.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too RareDisappointedVIPDined on 7/28/2014Always enjoyed my meal, but this time I had the veal dish and the meat was practically raw. Had to send it back, got the excuse that the veal culet is thicker then others. This excuse does not cut it since a good cook should know when if the meat is not cooked enough no matter what the thickness is. The food was very tasting, and my wife enjoy her dinner this is why rated the food as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tryflavrfanDined on 7/25/2014I've been to Gilda's several times, and enjoyed it with large groups and small. I like the family atmosphere. The food is home style Italian, and can be satisfyingly good. The service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab service. good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Love the happy hour in the VERY unassuming bar, but I've frequented the white tablecloth version a couple of times lately and have found it to be what I'm looking for in fine dining--excellent service, quiet, pleasant surroundings and darn good food, not rave-about food, but really good, fresh food served piping hot with care. If you order the right thing, beet salad-- add scallops, side of vegetable that includes cauliflower, it can be sublime. Sauces are good. spaghetti and meatballs are very good for a restaurant (I'm Italian with a cook's heritage). I can't wait to go again to come up with the perfect choice. I know it's there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, varied menu and excellent service. Our new favorite ItalianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014everyone, especially our server, nicole, went an extra mile to make this birthday celebration special for someone turning 101 years old! the food was fabulous, the staff accommodating and the ambiance delightful. every bite of food was incredible, from salads to veal cutlet to ice cream. we will definitely return for more!Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 7/19/2014Gilda's is one of our favorite local Italian restaurant. The people are always so friendly from the cook behind the counter saying hello. I had their caprice salad for the first time last week and it was one of the very best. They always have an excellent veal dish prepared in different ways. And not that many restaurants have veal nos. Also fresh halibut prepared normally prepared in caper sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food and service. Fabulous Caesar salD. Spaghetti and meatballs are great. Only place I know that serve cherries Amerine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimbersdinerDined on 7/18/2014At least our fifth time at Gilda's, coming up from Salem. Food is always excellent. Very busy before a Timbers match. Server was very familiar with the menu and offered suggestions. We enjoy dining at Gilda's and bringing guests.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedPortlanderDined on 7/16/2014This is a jewel of a find. We dined here twice before plays at A.R.T and will make it our go-to restaurant, it's that special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ECGBDined on 7/7/2014We searched OpenTable to find a place to go for our anniversary and this was the first time using the app and it was wonderful! Food and service was great!Special Features:
- Italian Comfort FoodPlatinumjstrainDined on 7/6/2014On the Sunday after the Fourth of July, we were looking for a quiet place that was close by. Gilda's was perfect. We had a panzionale that was to die for, vongole with a saffron sauce and the fresh papardelle with wild boar ragu. Oh my. It was all delicious and just what we needed.Special Features:
- vypiesDined on 7/2/2014We love this place! The food is always perfect and delicious. The service is friendly and very helpful; attentive. The menu selections are always inviting and never disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Food was prepared very well. Service was good and good variety of wines by the glass. Would go back for either lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SPECIALS!DianneDiningPicksVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a great dinner @ Gilda's as we took friends to our neighborhood gem to celebrate my birthday, and we all enjoyed something different. Great veal special, great halibut special, spectacular fruit salad special!!! Momma's meatballs and Ahi were HUGE home runs for the guys. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gilda's!!! And our friends said they will definitely return again - and Gilda's remains my favorite Goose Hollow spot to dine!Special Features:
- The following 472 reviews are from the Gilda's Italian Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.